Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
All Eyes On Us [Funtasia]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 17:56:33 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Of the many challenges Isaac had weathered, this house of mirrors may have been his most difficult yet.[break][break]

This wasn't Oscar Clayton's house of nightmares, thankfully. Jojo hadn't hidden deadly monsters in every nook and cranny of this maze (at least, as far as Isaac knew). However, she'd sure managed to match him when it came to making a hell of a disorienting experience. No matter where Isaac looked, there were at least five other selves looking right back at him.[break][break]

There were times where Isaac swore he saw something else. Maldacena's downloaded double of him, his borrowed eye fixed hatefully on Isaac's own. The Dream Mist's nightmarish depiction of him that haunted , palm covering where the mask had been flayed from his face. That twisted, distorted thing from the Border, his worst-case scenario dangling on blackened chains. His own corpse, grimly dragged onwards by Pokemon loyal beyond the grave.[break][break]

The him he used to be, dead-eyed and surrendered.[break][break]

He tried his hardest not to fixate. The carnival helped. While he was there, the hustle and bustle drowned out the voices in the back of his head. Old friends and new acquaintances gave him distraction after distraction to focus on. He could pretend his bigfest problems were Wingulls nicking his fries and losing at carnival games to little kids.[break][break]

Yet here in the house of mirrors, he was left to the agony of his own thoughts.[break][break]

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
if the path to strength is filled with dismay, i will evolve.
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2023 8:04:40 GMT
Genevieve Cromwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]
[attr="class","genny1body"]

Honestly, Genevieve didn't want to come to the carnival. It was by goading of her big fluffy Lycanroc, Wander, that she even left the HQ. She had busied herself with working endlessly on cases, trying to make reports. She'd been working for twelve straight hours at Slateport HQ, drinking another cup of coffee to keep herself awake. Until she felt herself being apprehended by a needy pooch, and Serenity, the newly awakened Sylveon.[break][break]

Usually, new evolutions would be a celebration. And Genevieve, feeling more like her old self thanks to the combined efforts of , , , , , and , she was slowly getting her smile back. The arrowhead she kept as a small trinket kept the memory alive, but like a candle burning slowly, it too was subject to fade the longer it burned.[break][break]

Oh well. Maybe she can relax and finally get some fun in the carnival... with a little TELEPORT magic from Venus, Genny found herself in Mossdeep, taking now the rest of the day off.[break][break]

Today was the carnival. Oh goodie. She winces. She really didn't want this right now. But, she walked about all the same, Wander the Lycanroc, Venus the Kirlia, and Serenity the Sylveon following behind. It was nice having them here, but she had grown more distant. She stopped drinking as much, but...[break][break]

Even Ollie can't stop her from the occasional shot.[break][break]

The first spot she finds is a hall of mirrors. It's an oldie attraction. She recalls it one or two days when a carnival came to Hau'oli in Alola. But it's not the hall that bothers her. It's the vacant look of a friend. And for a moment, Genny wants to turn and walk away.[break][break]

"It's none of my business." She takes a step... and taps her boot on the dirt path. Wander, Venus, and Serenity don't even need to say anything. The quiet tip-tap-tapping exasperates, and before long, Genny is turned on a heel, and heading inside.[break][break]

She's walking through the walls, seeing duplicates of Izzy, and... herself. Her shorter hair. The sleep deprivation. The depression hanging on her heart.[break][break]

"Izzy." She calls out for him. Hands on her hips, a hardass expression on her face, as she stares at a reflection of him.[break][break]

"What are you doing?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- STANDARD ATTIRE
- Genny, so busy with work, has been awake fifteen hours already (she thinks, it's been more), and her Pokemon yank her to the carnival.[break]
- She sees Isaac's reflection in the hall of mirrors, and decides to go help after some reluctance. Asks what he's doing.

[attr="class","genny1pkmn"]

[attr="class","genny1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1"]--accent:#FF5349;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2023 13:23:46 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]He wasn't alone. The sudden shock of orange in his vision saw to that.[break][break]

It was almost startling. One minute there was Isaac and Isaac alone. The next minute, his field of view was flooded by Gennys. No wonder Oscar had used this as the setting for a haunted house. It was like a jumpscare force multiplier.[break][break]

Still, despite her best efforts, Genny's reflections were a little bit off center. Following the path of her weary eyes, they all seemed to be looking slightly to the right as they spoke. It was almost as if . . .[break][break]

A teasing smirk spread across Isaac's face. "I dunno what I'm doing, Genny. But I think you're talking to a mirror."[break][break]

For now, he tried making his way over to Genny. More than a few times, he made his way over to a mirror instead. Before long, he started navigating hands-first, using gentle taps of his knuckles to ensure he was heading towards empty space instead of another pane of glass. That new tactic helped speed things along a bit.[break][break]

Soon, he was by Genny's side, confirming the fact with a quick, friendly shoulder to shoulder bump. "Good to see ya again, Genny," he said, any signs of his earlier funk gone. Were they just a trick of the light? Or was he simply repressing them? "How's it been?"

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 3:53:53 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

If this were days to a week ago, give or take, Genny wouldn't have taken that teasing, but today, she gives her weaker smile. Both hands on her hips now, like her older self had done before many a time before, she stood with great posture as she responds almost semi-playfully. "I know that. It's good company." Tucking a strand of red hair behind her ear, looks for anything else to focus on.[break][break]

Anything.[break][break]

Walking through the hall of mirrors, getting lost in them, she attempts to make her way forward to find Isaac. Her cheeks are light with a little heat from embarrassment, but it honestly felt like a breath of fresh air. Still, as she continued to search through, hand to the mirrors, eventually...[break][break]

There he was.[break][break]

"Hi Izzy. Good to see you too." And then the moment gets away from her, and she pulls him into a small hug, before pushing herself away. "You look like you have a lot on your mind... you want to talk about it?" An olive branch he once extended to her, just the other day.[break][break]

He can hide it all he wants. She knows it wasn't just a reflection.

[break][break]

NOTES

- STANDARD ATTIRE
- Someone is being awful smug with his teasing. Genny seems in better spirits.[break]
- But she can just smell the depression and pain in Isaac.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".genny1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".genny1 .genny1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 13:53:08 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Guess it must be nice. Y'know, getting to see me without having your ear talked off." The teases were equal opportunity around these parts! At least Genny wasn't the only one in Isaac's line of fire.[break][break]

Maybe it was good to see him after all. The girl scooped Isaac up in a quick, almost protective feeling hug. Was it for him? Or was it for her? Regardless, he barely had time to return it before she pushed herself away. She seemed warmer today, and a lot more sober, but it was clear that the hedgehog's dilemma still dwelled within her.[break][break]

That was okay. Arceus knows he'd been there.[break][break]

His worries had definitely ended up on her mind. Had they been that obvious? Now it was Isaac's turn to blush a little. His poker face was one of his best features, and he always felt so naked when someone had the chance to peek behind it.[break][break]

"You don't know the half of it," he admitted, hiding the reluctance in his voice behind an almost comedic exasperation. "Arceus knows this region's a Lot sometimes."[break][break]

"But maybe we should find our way out of here, too. Walk and talk?" He'd linger close, of course. The last thing he needed was for them to get separated again. With one hand, he'd feel the path forward to help them worm their way through the maze. The other lingered behind, as if making sure Genny hadn't disappeared into thin air.[break][break]

"Enjoying the fair so far?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 7:59:05 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Yeah... considering the only time she really gets to see Izzy here is when something bad happens to Genny, or when she is the butt of the joke like that Fuecoco incident... "Yeah... I'm kinda over having you see me at my worst. No offense." Seeing as she could do it now, it led to a soft, small smile. Could.[break][break]

Mostly because the would part wasn't exactly easy to come by these days. But it was getting easier.[break][break]

Just a matter of getting used to it every day.[break][break]

With a solid inhale, walk and talk was the name of the game, a spin on her boot, as she looked down at herself. She should've changed into something more casual. Wait, was she thinking of taking a load off?[break][break]

That was more like her. "You were there for me. Only fair, right? Let's just do it not surrounded by whoever that is." Despite her being inches shorter than Isaac, placing her hands behind her back, and gently trotting along, to the end of the maze... to escape a reflection that looked battle-and-war-hardened, she would do anything. She didn't want to confront it right now.[break][break]

His question leaves her a little befuddled.[break][break]

"Honestly? I didn't even know the carnival was in town. Guess I've just been overworking myself." Sheepishly, she looks away, towards the mirror hall's exit, towards all the fun rides. It was... something. Something she wanted to enjoy with-[break][break]

... her heart hurts.[break][break]

"What about you, Izzy? Aside from getting lost in your own reflection. Kinda vain, don't you think?" A little jest. A little joke. Old Genny really was trying to poke through the cracks.

[break][break]

NOTES

- STANDARD ATTIRE
- At least Genny is here for Isaac this time? That's something at least.[break]
- As they traverse the hall of mirrors, she's happy to get out. Didn't even know the carnival was a thing. Workaholic.[break]
- What about you, Izzy? A little joke.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 13:31:27 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]That . . . kinda was the case, huh? Isaac never thought of it that way, but it did seem the two bumped into each other during goofs at best and tragedies at worst. A brief bit of guilt flashed over his face.[break][break]

A shame. He never considered those Genny's worst. It didn't feel fair to blame her for that.[break][break]

"Feels like that's just life in Hoenn some days," Isaac admitted, voice taking on a touch of wistfulness. "Arceus throws everything and the kitchen sink at us, and we're just supposed to keep on keeping on. Doesn't even give us a chance to get cleaned up in between." How many tragedies did they have to endure? How many losses? How many brushes with the end times?[break][break]

"Just means we gotta flip him off and hit him with our best anyway."[break][break]

Genny was quick to demonstrate that, offering to help Isaac and repay his earlier favor. "Guess it is when you put it that way," he admitted. He was still bad at accepting help from others, but even after the shit she'd been through Genny had a warmth that made her hard to say no to. "Alright. You win this round."[break][break]

They'd talk about the rest later. For now, they were still walking and talking. Genny admitted the festival slipped right by her, and while he cocked an eyebrow Isaac said nothing. Instead, he snickered a little at the joke about his vanity. "What can I say? I love that guy," he joked.[break][break]

It was surprisingly easy to lie when there was a punchline.[break][break]

"Believe it or not, I ain't spending the whole day getting lost in my own eyes," Isaac said. "Fair's actually really fun. Good food. Good friends. Plenty of thrills. Kinda break we could all use now and then, y'know?"[break][break]

Sunlight teased at the edges of the mirrors. They were at the end of the line. Isaac turned to Genny, a soft smile on his face as he lingered at the exit. "C'mon. Lemme show you."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 6:43:24 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Yeah... one thing Genny learned, is that when the universe decides it wants to punch down, it relentlessly finds a way to pile it on. For Genny, that was the Galar mission. It just wouldn't stop. But she was done letting it affect her negatively; she put that negative energy elsewhere.[break][break]

Izzy's proclamation at flipping the bird to Arceus made her smile. It what she needed to hear. "No kidding." She was quiet, speaking less, but she still looked better than the last time her and Izzy talked.[break][break]

Much.[break][break]

She doesn't buy it in the slightest when he jokes about the mirror, but she lets him think, for a moment, that she does. She smiles wider, definitely better than the alcoholic she left behind. A thanks meant for one of her big inspirations ().[break][break]

"My, Izzy. I can't believe" She's grinning, a sweet, sunny smile, as she takes a few steps forward, now lingering closer to the exit.[break][break]

The fair was fun...? She didn't have time for fun anymore. It was then, that Genny could finally breathe. Her shoulders lowering, and an exhale to let Isaac know she was finally feeling relaxed. She actually felt unbalanced. Her body moved to and fro, and her exhaustion started catching up. How little did she sleep last night?[break][break]

Too little.[break][break]

It was a nice break. Just an hour, then maybe she could go rest. "Yeah. A break." Those bags under her eyes were awful.[break][break]

The sun was... nice. She took a moment to just... stare out to the fair. She could finally...[break][break]

With a smile in return, she decides to take the initiative. Instead of pointing it out, she begins to sing a tune under her breath. "Here comes the sun... do-do do-do... here comes the sun and I say..."[break][break]

It's alright. The sunshine is coming back.

[break][break]

NOTES

- STANDARD ATTIRE
- Isaac gets to see Genny finally relax, and she... stumbles in her steps a moment. Wowee. That was wild, she's okay though![break]
- As they approach the sun, Genny begins to mumble a song she heard as a child. She's not bad. No Melody, ofc.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 13:18:17 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac didn't realize how much he missed that smile until he saw it again.[break][break]

It was a stark contrast to her dark eye bags and wavering stance. She was a portrait of a girl who had been bent by the universe as far as she could go, yet against all odds refused to break. For a second, Isaac wondered if this was how the world saw him. He wondered if either of them would ever get to the point where they could smile without the pain.[break][break]

Probably not. But maybe that was okay. Maybe that only made the warmth they could bring that much more significant.[break][break]

So, too, was her voice. It was worn at the edges from stress and fatigue. It lacked the confidence of some practiced, perfect idol. It was so quiet that, at first, Isaac couldn't even hear it. But he did, and it was beautiful.[break][break]

Perhaps, when they went to plan out what's next, Isaac would see if there were any karaoke booths here.[break][break]

"How 'bout we get some food in you to kick things off?" The girl looked like she was ready to keel over at any moment. Frankly, Isaac didn't look much better. "With the . . . shit, what is it now, year? That we had, I'm pretty sure we could both use a pick me up. We can talk shop on what we're gonna hit up after."[break][break]

It was nice, after all the pain and turmoil he'd helped her through, finally getting a chance to know the real Genny.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 3:48:21 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

Her face is red by the time she realized she had been singing under her breath. Hazel eyes trail down towards the path in front of them. To the left, to the right, carnival games, carnival food, carnival everything. And now, to some degree, she was flourishing. Just a little. Enveloped in warmth, she closes her eyes and basks in the rays of sunlight they had left.[break][break]

"It's alright..."[break][break]

The power of overcoming trauma truly was a blessing.[break][break]

Izzy pops the idea of food, and Genny's hazel eyes zoom over to him, and she ponders what she might like. "Hm... okay. Sure. You gotta pick something good, or else I might leave." She jests of course, she couldn't leave the guy dateless. But, scooping her arm into his, friends being friends, she gestures out.[break][break]

"After you. Let's see if you can guess my tastebuds. Careful though, I'm Galar-born and Alola-raised." A complicated mish-mash of culture that was sure to give Isaac some trouble in decisions.[break][break]

But he could find something, couldn't he?

[break][break]

NOTES

- STANDARD ATTIRE
- Realizes she was singing, red in the face. Basking in the sun.[break]
- Grabs Izzy by the arm, and tells him to pick something good to eat. Teasing about her heritage. This'll be HARD.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 14:31:42 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]With a catch of his arm and a cheeky request that he make a good pick if he wants her to stick around, it was clear some life had come back to Genny. Isaac couldn't help but flash her a cheeky grin of his own. "Hate to brag, but you're looking at Hoenn's #2 chef." In a single cooking contest. Where ran away with the gold to a comical degree. "I'm sure I can work something out."[break][break]

Luckily, both Galar and Alola had incredibly vibrant food cultures. It was just a question of picking which one to scope out. Galarian curry was best experienced fresh over a raging campfire (as had shown him many times), so for now Alolan was the best direction to go.[break][break]

There, Isaac saw it; a stall selling manapua.

Bingo. A box full of these guys would give them some killer variety, sweet and savory alike. It'd also let them eat on the go, which was the most important aspect of any festival food. The aluminum chef strikes again.[break][break]

"Any flavors really spaak to you?" Isaac asked as he eyed the menu. "Or should I just nab a variety pack?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 0:38:52 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

With a cheeky grin return in kind, for the first time, even in a full Ranger get-up, Genevieve Cromwell finally got to enjoy herself. She could walk through the streets, hold her head up high, and not feel the oppressive push downwards of the cruel joke Arceus seemed to play on her. He was so confident, number two here in Hoenn, huh? Well, she can't contest. She knows only lightly how to cook.[break][break]

Crazy how twenty years in Galar can turn the worst chef into an average one. She lacks a lot of the knowledge of culinary know-how, but she can make an edible meal these days.[break][break]

Just yesterday, she made a salad![break][break]

Speaking of salads, Izzy finds them something fantastic. Manapua! Her hazel eyes look over them, and her grin turns over, as she leans down, looking at all the flavors. And then, it hits her.[break][break]

Her face is a little red. ... should watch my figure. It plagues her mind a bit, and as she gets back up, she looks towards Isaac with a big smile.[break][break]

"Variety pack should do fine. But if we get a veggie one, it's mine." She points upwards to Isaac, taller than her four foot eleven self.[break][break]

It felt nice being herself again.

[break][break]

NOTES

- STANDARD ATTIRE
- Okay, she's impressed. That's Manapua! A variety pack will do them nicely.[break]
- She should watch her figure... she's acting more like herself again... it's taken some time. Time heals wounds after all.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 5:18:16 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Genny may've said one thing, but her eyes told a different story. Isaac had gotten sucked into menus like that all too often before. Back when he was running odd jobs to make ends meet, he used to pore over whatever takeout menus he could get his hands on. Some days, he'd think about all the delicious picks just to stave off hunger. Other days, he'd study it from top to bottom so he could decide what one option he'd end up picking.[break][break]

Now, with a steady paying job and more ill-begotten gains on the side, he let himself savor the taste of freedom.[break][break]

"Aw, man. The veggie ones are my favorites." Okay, not quite. Sure, he didn't hate vegetables as much as some did, but he wasn't exactly lining up to kick off an all-green diet. Nonetheless, Isaac's cheeky grin was as hard to pin down as always. "But, if you insist, I guess I could save it for you."[break][break]

Surely, once the full, delicious-smelling pack arrived, Genny would know to follow her heart.[break][break]

"One variety pack, please!" Isaac said, shooting the stall owner a brilliant smile. It wouldn't be long before their order would be ready. As Isaac waited, he cracked open a Pokeball, Echo popping into the space between Isaac and Genny. "Echo, I'll get you your fave flavor if you hold the box for me and Genny, alright?"[break][break]

The Ralts let out an excited cheer. Frankly, Isaac had his attention at "favorite flavor." Zooming over to the menu, he pointed towards the item that caught his attention the most;[break][break]

Another variety box, this one for sweets.[break][break]

"That's cheating and you know it." In the face of Isaac's suspicious stare, Echo's grin was angelic. How could Isaac stand up to that? With a sigh, he headed back to the stall. "Could we get a sweet variety box too, please?" he asked. The bit of extra cash he slid into the tip jar was totally a coincidence, honest![break][break]

Nevertheless, it wasn't long before their orders were ready. With a bright smile and a "Thanks!", Isaac passed the boxes to Echo. He raised a hand over his head, floating the boxes along with seemingly little effort. So this was the motivating power of sweets in action.[break][break]

Isaac slipped the box top open, gesturing over to them so Genny could take a good look. "Ladies first!"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
637 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 6:38:15 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","genny1"]

The edge is still there. It can't fully go away, and the trauma will likely persist for awhile, but for now instead of acting like a veteran of war, Genny go to let go to be just a girl. A woman in her mid 20's, able to laugh, to love, to enjoy the sunshine. The dark before the dawn, and it really did come through. When Izzy was cheekily stating how he loved the veggie one, Genny sticks her tongue out.[break][break]

"Early bird." she chimes in a sing-song tone. It was nice of Izzy to get her food, and almost as if to beat the Ralts to the punch, Genny's Kirlia, who had finally caught up with the Sylveon and Lycanroc, would open the box of sweets and retrieve one for herself.[break][break]

Oh. And the angel was definitely on the other Ralts-line.[break][break]

Zipping the manapua into her own mouth, as Serenity the Sylveon and Wander the Lycanroc both gave Isaac the look. Serenity, big shining eyes, and Wander would do the puppy thing... even if her more werewolf form made it look jarring. Genevieve looked over smugly, grabbing the first veggie manapua she could snatch, and began to bite into it.[break][break]

"Thank you, Izzy." She chimes, quietly chewing on it as she finally sees the puppy eyes of Wander and Serenity together.[break][break]

Truly. Being Izzy was suffering sometimes.[break][break]

Swallowing the first bite, happily enjoying the flavor, she holds it up to her lips, and covers her mouth a little, cleaning up. "I wish I had come earlier. The carnival really is a nice change of pace."

[break][break]

NOTES

- STANDARD ATTIRE[break]
- How sweet! She begins eating on her manapua, as Venus the Kirlia steals one of Echo's.[break]
- Lamenting not coming earlier, Genny makes it known after thanking Isaac. Wander and Serenity want manapua...

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 5:02:50 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Was it suffering? Or was it all according to plan?[break][break]

Isaac knew, no matter how hungry he and Genny were, they couldn't survive the onslaught of two entire ass sampler platters. That went doubly so with the help he'd been giving lately, which had been taking quite a toll on his appetite. Being able to make Genny and her Pokemon happy was more rewarding than just pigging out by himself.[break][break]

For that reason, rather than take any manapua to start, Isaac was all too happy to hand them out to Genny's teammates. He'd have a nice, traditional flavored one once everyone else was nice and situated. Sure enough, it was delicious. If Isaac finally took that trip to Alola, he'd have to check out all the food on tap.[break][break]

Already, the atmosphere around Genny had lightened. Her sing-song voice was a pleasant surprise. It was no surprise that the girl had wished she'd shown up earlier. For a while, Isaac did too. Why worry about what ifs and i wishes, though? They still had so many nows they could spend living it up![break][break]

With a smirk and a flourish, Isaac whipped out a park map.[break][break]

"Sounds like you and I gotta make up for lost time, then," Isaac said as he unfolded the map. The two probably looked like total tourists right now, and Isaac didn't care one bit. It was better to kick back, relax, and have fun than worry about peoples' eyes. "You tell me what looks fun and I'll make it happen. Y'know. Til you make good on leaving me in the dust."[break][break]

Two could play at the teasing game.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]