Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Update [Isaac/M]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 19:57:00 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"30-70 odds of a miracle surgery? And you said I'm the one that needs my head on straight."[break][break]

The strangest part was it didn't seem like a grift. He wasn't telling Isaac he'd regrow his eye For Sure by injecting homeopathic doses of green tea in his left asscheek. He didn't even try to get his hopes up while covering his ass behind a "teeny tiny chance of failure." 30-70 was a set of odds that, in most cases, would be abysmal.[break][break]

This wasn't most cases. This was getting an eye in a socket that's been cleared out for a year. Current odds were more like one in fifty million.[break][break]

"If you're trying to sell me a scam, its a real shitty one." A confident grin spread across Isaac's face. "That tells me I at least owe you an ear. What're you cooking, and how's me being there gonna help with it?"

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
3,073 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Update [Isaac/M]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 20:29:44 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Update

well, well, well. Hello again,

No point beating around the bush.

"Guinea Pig." He said bluntly.

He gave Isaac a moment to process the words, before continuing on.

"I developed the theory behind a regenerative surgical procedure towards the later quarter of my time in Galar." He said simply. "However— theory is theory. I've yet to attempt it on a live human."

Or a non-memory Galar one, but that didn't need to be mentioned.

"Eyes were of particular interest to me."

had issues in one eye. was missing an eye... was blind.

Eyes were often on his mind, as a physician.

"I can't promise you results— but I can promise failures won't harm you."
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Update [Isaac/M]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 0:44:23 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Guinea pig."[break][break]

Well, surely bedside manner would be one of John's next courses at med school. Still, Isaac could respect the honesty. Few people had the balls to snatch a guy off the street and tell him, in no uncertain terms, what was happening next. Even those who had the guts would go for a more politically correct term like test subject.[break][break]

Instead, here Isaac was. A guinea pig. Just like he was for this month. Just like he was for Calyrex in Galar. Just like he was for during her Tera research. Just like he was for Maldacena this time last year. At least Chu-e and Doug had the decency to ask first.[break][break]

At least Chu-e was doing a repeatable test they understood like the back of their hand. Doug, apparently, was working from square 1. He had 20 years of dreamlike memory, a strange sort of magic, and balls steely enough to break solid stone. Isaac had one life and the promise that, whatever happened, John wouldn't end up breaking it.[break][break]

Ah well. Isaac had already died twice. How bad could another brush with it be?[break][break]

"You've still got both of yours," Isaac pointed out, somewhat skeptical. "If I'm gonna go under the knife for you, mind if I ask what's got you so fascinated?"

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,073 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Update [Isaac/M]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 20:18:35 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Update

"I do... I have lost my right eye a couple of times before, though." He said, tapping at his closed eye lid. "That was actually one of my inspirations during the development of the procedure."

He could recover life, limb and organ if it was somehow compromised— so clearly, the scales could go beyond merely repairing what was broken, if employed correctly. That had been the starting mindset.

"Mind you, it's not just about a missing eye." He said, leaning his chin onto his palm. "A missing leg. A missing arm. A missing finger. If I can restore these things... if I can somehow make this procedure work 100% of the time— don't you think a lot of people's lives would be bettered?"

He let the other process his words, before shrugging.

"But I won't lie— my reasons ain't purely altruistic. I've got a friend with a fucked up eye; a colleague who's eye was torn out; a little brother who was born blind. I guess that's why eyes specifically linger in my head a lot."
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Update [Isaac/M]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 5:00:01 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"You what?"[break][break]

If the man seemed like a charlatan before, now he seemed mad. At the very least, it explained his endless confidence in the procedure. If he could help himself, even through such unorthodox means, then what was stopping him from helping someone else? All he needed was a testing ground to make sure it hadn't been a fluke. Clearly, Isaac had nothing to lose, so why shouldn't he volunteer?[break][break]

An eye was an incredibly complicated organ. If it was possible, then surely rest of the human body could follow suit without much issue. Moral. At the same time, eyes were of particular relevance due to both John's own struggles and those of the people he held most dear. Pragmatic.[break][break]

Isaac could see what made this "hero" tick.[break][break]

"You're not wrong." With a shrug, Isaac released a few Pokeballs from his belt. Out came an ominously hovering Dhelmise, a Cyclizar restlessly pacing in circles, and a Slowbro with a large shell mounted on his arm. "I'm not sure how this all works, but I've got some Pokemon that might be able to help. Sanford's able to grow new colonies with ease. Sashimi's a healer. And Vespa-"[break][break]

The Cyclizar's tail began to glow as it swished back and forth. "Oi, oi! You don't gotta show the poor guy, Ves." With a shrug, the Cyclizar stopped its signature technique before it could finish. Their loss.[break][break]

" 'Course, I know all that's different from eyes and humans. But never hurts having some hands on deck to help us learn, right?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,073 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Update [Isaac/M]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 23:59:56 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Update

Doug was beginning to suspect Isaac might not be aware of who he was talking to— as in 'Avatar status unknown'.

Which was... huh.

Perhaps rocket was not doing as good of a job at keeping its members informed as it should.

Well, at least they were on the same footing on that front.

A small smile graced Doug as his new guinea pig— er, fellow researcher immediately showed off his worth by releasing several pokemon famously capable of some form of regeneration.

"Much appreciated, my friend. That said— those methods of regeneration are currently being studied all over the world, by men much more qualified and brilliant than I." Not medics, per say, but scientists seeking a myriad or so of applications.

"I... have my own, unique research, you could say." He said.

Before smiling broadly at Isaac.

"Need a preview?"
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Update [Isaac/M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 12:53:24 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Oh no. He was completely off the grid.[break][break]

It shouldn't have been a surprise. He was a soldier turned "surgeon" by value of a strange sort of magic and some kind of awakening in Galar. Whatever he'd accomplished in that time, it had been enough to let him brute force his way into nursing school. It had also been enough to let him set up shop before even kicking things off.[break][break]

In a sane world, Isaac would have been worried about just what he'd signed up for. This wasn't a sane world. This was Hoenn. If sensibility was going to take a holiday, it'd pick this region in this world in this timeline to do so.[break][break]

"We've already gotten this far." At this point, a preview felt less like an attempt at selling Isaac on the procedure and more like John showing off. He'd already been coming at Isaac like the hybrid of a stage magician and a TV pitchman. This was all part of the show. "So, fuck it. Hit me."[break][break]

Perhaps now, he'd finally pick up what John's been putting down.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,073 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Update [Isaac/M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 13:51:01 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Update

It was good to see Isaac could be quick on the uptake.

Now. What to use to demonstrate...?

Doug looked around casually; there were... many people around. Many children, too.

He gestured for Isaac to follow him, casually moving back towards the healing bay tent— his stomping grounds as a member of the carnival's medical staff.

As he entered the tarp, he casually handed Isaac over a small sign to hang outside, which read: 'Busy. Unless an emergency, knock before entering.'

Not the most succinct of signs, but it did the job.

Finally in the privacy of the tent, Doug casually strolled up to his table, before leaning back against it.

"Alright." He paused. "Naturally, I'll be demonstrating on myself."

He knew what would happen on himself— it was everyone else that he was very iffy on.

"So..." He reached into his breast pocket as he rounded around the table, standing behind it like he were manning his own stall... before suddenly ramming a military combat knife onto it. "I'll be using this to demonstrate. Please hold the applause, I've not begun yet."

He paused.

"You're not squeamish, are ya?" He asked as he casually slipped one of his gloves off his left hand.

God, he hoped not. He didn't want to clean up any more vomit today. Way too many kids had passed through the healing bay with tummy aches already.

Picking up his knife, he looked over it critically, examining the edge. He didn't take as much care of it as he did his tools of trade, but it seemed to still be in good condition.

Regardless of whether Isaac had a strong stomach or not—

SLAM.

It did not change the fact that Doug had just rammed his knife straight through his pinkie, severing it at the knuckle from the rest of his hand.
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Update [Isaac/M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 14:44:35 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isolated room. Yeah, sure. Okay. That was just par for the course with these sorts of things. For all his salesman energy, John was a medic, not a carnival barker.[break][break]

Demonstrating on himself. Okay, also weird, but still fitting. If he was a grifter, he could control the show. If he was genuine, he wouldn't be violating the hippocratic oath for shits and giggles. Besides, Isaac couldn't be a test subject just yet. He'd need to be done with him first.[break][break]

Was he squeamish? Wait, now this was starting to get-[break][break]

First came the crack. Then came the slash. The little pop of John's pinkie rolling off felt downright unceremonious by comparison.[break][break]

This was no trick. Tricks always relied on the audience having no clue what was going on. A "severed finger" looked how it did in the movies, a clean pop off of a boneless joint in a cartoony spray of blood. The crunched bone, the ragged flaps of skin, the coppery smell wafting through the air . . . it all said otherwise.[break][break]

It wasn't the violence that startled Isaac. Sure, he wasn't a fan of bloodshed, but he was a Rocket. He knew what broken bodies looked like. No, it was the willingness, almost eagerness, to dismember himself that left Isaac's stomach rolling.[break][break]

"You've done this before."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,073 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Update [Isaac/M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 15:05:26 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Update

Doug had a clever quip all ready and prepped, but it was kind of hard to communicate it with the blinding pain that came with (minor) dismemberment.

The young man was doing a pretty good job of keeping himself silent— but if Isaac had ever stood before someone truly stoic, he could probably tell by the opening and closing jaw, twitching eye lids and the fact that Doug was banging his other fist on the table repeatedly that he was not immune to the pain.

Right.

"Not... here, per say...!" He had tested this back in Galar.

His current body had only experienced this back in—

"Dewford. Not... by choice, mind you!" was a hell of a scientist. For better or worse, he had learned a lot from being turned into a pin cushion.

He raised his hand— letting Isaac witness as bone, artery, vein, muscle, skin and more regrew before his eyes.

"Hooo! That freaking sucked!" He huffed as he dropped his hand down, shaking it off like he had merely slapped it against the table. "Note to self— Inject adrenaline or some form of pain suppressor before demonstrating. Jeez!"

Left on the table, as proof of what had happened— was blood... and a finger.
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Update [Isaac/M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 16:20:36 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The last time they spoke, Isaac and John had come to an interesting conclusion about the last 20 years. It wasn't that they'd forgotten everything about what they'd learned. It was that 20 years of muscle memory had left the building, forcing their bodies to play catchup with their brains.[break][break]

As John lopped his finger off like he'd done it a hundred times, then crumpled like it was his first time, those words had never rung more true.[break][break]

"Arceus, man." What else could Isaac even say? He was impressed and disturbed all at once. Was it not for his new friend's clear desire to keep this experiment going, he would have sent Fugu in to do some healing. Instead, he could only watch, quirking an eyebrow at John's insistence that everything was fine.[break][break]

Perhaps it truly was. The finger budded off of his hand like one of Sanford's freshly grown colonies. It passed through every stage of human evolution in record time, going from a little nub at the end of his hand to a full-fledged, fully mobile organ. Were a class prepared to handle it, it would have been one metal anatomy lesson.[break][break]

Isaac was no anatomy student, however. He was just a man with a healthy amount of pattern recognition, an unhealthy amount of past experience, and a single question would surely have loved to be in the room for.[break][break]

"What is with you Tapu Lele types and stabbing yourselves?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,073 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Update [Isaac/M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 23:06:58 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Update

"Fair question, counterpoint: I am perfectly hinged." Doug said, not answering the other man's question at all as he picked up his now extra finger. "Just a sec."

His whole hand burned a bright magenta before the entire finger began to bloat and decompose, before seemingly beginning to dissolve. The doctor casually chucked it into one of the cans meant for disposable syringes.

"I'll get rid of it properly later." He said, before plucking his knife off the table and producing a rag to clean the blood from it, leaning back against the wooden frame as he addressed Isaac once again. "Anyway— so you've met Dr. Reyes, then!"

Good, he didn't need to explain where his powers came from, then!

"Anyway, as you saw, my body is perfectly capable of regeneration, thanks to Lele's gifts." He said, before propping up his index finger, from which a single, glimmering scale rose, hovering just an inch off the tip of his digit. "These are the source of that healing."

Casually, he held out the knife to Isaac.

"I can demonstrate on you as well, if ya want." He said, before pausing. "Uh. You can just scratch yourself. I don't think I can regenerate your fingers... yet."

He paused again.

"I could reattach them, though." With or without the powers, he almost added with a little too much pride.
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Update [Isaac/M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 23:34:38 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"You know, the fact that you said that without any prompting kinda just- ah, fuck it, nevermind."[break][break]

My "I am perfectly hinged" T-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt.[break][break]

If there was a hinge, it was apparently built on old bone and finger gristle. John tossed his former finger into the sharps can, and for a second Isaac wondered if the whole shebang was going to explode. Luckily, it wouldn't. Instead, he blithely remarked on the fact that Isaac knew .[break][break]

"We've met." On the battlefield, where he planned on taking her hostage for leverage. Not to hurt her, of course. Just to point at her and go "hey, cut the fighting and give us what we're after," because if that didn't work the other Rockets would try to accomplish the same goal through carnage. When he learned she'd meddle with the Primal Point anyway, they split on good terms.[break][break]

When he found out how much worse that plan could go, he realized he was an ass for trying.[break][break]

"She's brilliant. And a little terrifying, but I'm kinda starting to see where she gets it from." The multiverse surrounding Hoenn was an abyss, and she gazed into it far too deeply, far too long. He wondered if he'd share her sentiments if one of that gaggle of Purifiers showed up to fuck with him directly. "We're really in a hell of a mess, huh?"[break][break]

Isaac would be in more of one if he took John's offer. With everything had coursing through his body, an unexpected source of healing could prove disastrous. "I think I get the picture, but thanks for the tho-"[break][break]

Shlorp![break][break]

One minute, Vespa's tail was attached to her body. The next, it unceremoniously plopped down to the ground. What little nub the Cyclizar had left shook back and forth, the big dragon seemingly thrilled to be helping. Fugu's slow blinks sped up ever so slightly in surprise. Sanford's algal colony pressed deeper into his anchor. It was the closest a formless being could come to facepalming.[break][break]

"Well, I guess you found your next patient," Isaac said, unsure whether to be amused or exasperated.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,073 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Update [Isaac/M]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 14:15:22 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Update

He pointedly ignored Isaac's cut-off sentence, humming as he began to drag a clean rag over the table, erasing away the splotches of blood.

"That she is." He said simply, nodding. "Everyone's a little scary. Comes with the territory."

People in Hoenn in general seemed more willing to end a motherfucker's life than the average civilian, for one. He supposed living in an active warzone could do that to a population.

Though perhaps that wasn't what Isaac meant.

Shlorp!

Like an action figure's limb popping out of the socket, Isaac's Cyclizar had gotten rid of its own tail, the lump of flesh falling to the floor with a distinct splat.

"I guess." He replied to the other wryly, crouching down to look over the lump formerly known Vespa's tail. "Is this one a shed skin, a regenerator, or both?"

He reached into his breast pocket, producing his notepad and beginning to write.

"I could use some data on pokemon as well, I suppose. Vespa, yes? Please, take a seat." He said, gesturing to one of the med-beds inside the tarp. "Or... lay down on it, rather?"

Whichever.

As he waited for the pokemon to do that, he fetched his case once more, popping it open before producing some prefilled syringes as well as the respective vials.

"There's several ways I can apply healing— I'll be using syringes in this case." He said, before pointing over his shoulder at a nearby, small book shelf. "See that book over there? Anatomy of Paldea? Mind fetching it for me? Thanks."
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Update [Isaac/M]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 14:01:57 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Vespa's fallen tail thrashed in affirmation, as if it was even capable of answering John's question. Isaac was never going to get used to that. "He's a Regenerator," Isaac said, content knowing that at least the unnerving sight would be over and done with as soon as Vespa returned to his ball.[break][break]

At least it'd give John something to work with. Vespa sped over to the med bed, nearly knocking it over in his haste to get over there. Luckily, he was eager, not completely uncoordinated. Before long, he'd flopped into the bed, tail nub continuing to waggle with anticipation.[break][break]

This time, John would break out the syringes. Yep. This was definitely giving him flashbacks now. The irony of being two guinea pigs, one for poison and one for regeneration, was not lost on him. He was going to know a surprising amount about healing by the end of the road, even if some of the secrets he learned would be better off locked away.[break][break]

He just hoped he wouldn't be taking a needle to the eye at some point.[break][break]

"On it, doc," Isaac said, hustling over to fetch the book. As he did, Vespa turned back towards the syringe, eyes narrowed warily. Pokemon may have been used to handling far, far worse, but that didn't make time at the v e t any more pleasant!

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS