3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
overtime || c
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 12:19:39 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

What if…

He decided to go on a whim with the next question.

“Should you be given a chance to make a positive change here in Hoenn, would you take it?”

That was as far as the line he would cast would be thrown… it was up to the other to either take the offer, or to leave it.

(Shame if he left it, because there was a vast wealth of opportunity waiting should he take the bait.)

close tab

played by

myriascope

emi
no preference
july 27
heahea city
: ^)
ranger
elite
Don't waste your eyes on jealous guys, fuck that noise
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @emmett
emmett brookes
overtime || c
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 12:53:13 GMT
emmett brookes Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","emmett"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Depends on the chance, the change." He's honest, so much so that even Na'au widens her eyes at him. But that all goes away when he distracts her with a good old pat on the head.[break][break]

"I wouldn't take on more work if I don't have to. There's enough s- tuff for me to deal with as is."

[attr="class","ooc"] notes [break]
Mission: Carnival Cameraderie[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"]milky

[newclass=".emmett"]width:530px; margin:0px auto; background:#1f1f1f; min-height:200px; border-radius:10px; padding-bottom:40px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett"]--accent:#E7D27C; --speech:#E7D27C;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett b"]color:var(--speech); font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .top"]height:120px; background:#242424; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:20px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .topimg"]background:url(https://i.imgur.com/4nplxxP.png); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .main"]color:#ccc; font:11px/16px 'Roboto'; background:#2B2B2B; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; margin:-20px 30px 0px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 50px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .textbox"]padding:5px 30px 0px 28px; margin:0px 20px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .textbox::first-line"]text-transform:lowercase; color:var(--accent); font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .textbox .icon"]float:left; margin-right:10px; height:85px; width:85px; background:#222; padding:10px; border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #2B2B2B; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .textbox .icon"]filter:none; transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .main .pkmn"]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-100px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .pkmn img"]background:#111; border-radius:100px; padding:0px 3px 13px 3px; border:4px solid transparent; border-top:4px solid var(--accent); height:40px; margin:0px 4px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .bottom"]background:var(--accent); height:30px; margin:0px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .milkycredit"]text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-35px; top:35px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett a"]color:#222; font:bold 11px poppins;font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .ooc"]border-top:1px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.05); padding:15px 20px 5px; width:350px; margin:20px auto 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .ooc a"]color:#c39c15;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .ooc b"]background:var(--accent);font:11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; color:#eee; margin-right:5px; font-weight:600; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
overtime || c
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 13:28:08 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars noticed how the other hesitated before hastily covering up what he meant to say, and at this he let out a bark of laughter.

“No need to censor yourself when I’m here,” he chuckled. “I know what you’re thinking, that too much responsibility would make you turn tail and run, all that shit.”

The air was hopeful, though.

Maybe one of the quieter towns around here… he mused to himself before he spoke up once more.

“How much would be too much?” he ventured next.

close tab

played by

myriascope

emi
no preference
july 27
heahea city
ranger
elite
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @emmett
emmett brookes
overtime || c
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 14:15:25 GMT
emmett brookes Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","emmett"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Ain't you I'm worried about." Subtle as it may be, Emmett's gaze does wander over the many kids and parent-guardian figures that wander these grounds. "Think you'd be a rather bad influence on them."[break][break]

Kids would go nuts if they knew that their idols endorsed swearing, or something along those lines.[break][break]

"How much... Well, anymore than I'm already dealing with, I guess. Civis in tera tunnels, kids getting lost, ghost activities, troublemakers."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".emmett"]width:530px; margin:0px auto; background:#1f1f1f; min-height:200px; border-radius:10px; padding-bottom:40px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .top"]height:120px; background:#242424; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:20px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .topimg"]background:url(https://i.imgur.com/4nplxxP.png); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .main"]color:#ccc; font:11px/16px 'Roboto'; background:#2B2B2B; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; margin:-20px 30px 0px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 50px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .textbox"]padding:5px 30px 0px 28px; margin:0px 20px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .textbox::first-line"]text-transform:lowercase; color:var(--accent); font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .textbox .icon"]float:left; margin-right:10px; height:85px; width:85px; background:#222; padding:10px; border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #2B2B2B; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .main .pkmn"]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-100px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .pkmn img"]background:#111; border-radius:100px; padding:0px 3px 13px 3px; border:4px solid transparent; border-top:4px solid var(--accent); height:40px; margin:0px 4px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .bottom"]background:var(--accent); height:30px; margin:0px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .milkycredit"]text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-35px; top:35px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett a"]color:#222; font:bold 11px poppins;font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .ooc"]border-top:1px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.05); padding:15px 20px 5px; width:350px; margin:20px auto 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .ooc b"]background:var(--accent);font:11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; color:#eee; margin-right:5px; font-weight:600; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
overtime || c
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 13:45:41 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He chuckled.

“I’m not on duty right now, you know,” he continued with this unknowing grin on his face. But then again the other man had a point.

“Fair, fair, I’ll watch myself while out here,” he conceded.

The moment Emmett mentioned what he was capable of handling, he realized that there was a place for him.

“Another thing, do you mind sleepy little places, or are you accustomed better to large crowds?”

close tab

played by

myriascope

emi
no preference
july 27
heahea city
ranger
elite
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @emmett
emmett brookes
overtime || c
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 5:50:51 GMT
emmett brookes Avatar
[attr="class","emmett"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Are you trying to enjoy the carnival? Or ambush me with unpaid overtime?"[break][break]

He's a patient man, willing to entertain most conversations. But when it entails many leading questions, he just knows that he should hold his tongue.[break][break]

"Whatever you're plotting, get it right out of your head this instant."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
overtime || c
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 19:01:12 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Guess he wasn’t that subtle with his asking, huh?

“Not ambush with unpaid overtime—why the fuck would I do that,” he mused, stopping by another food booth and grabbing some birria tacos for them to share and handing the other taco to them.

“I was asking because I might have the perfect place for you to do what you want to, without having to worry too much.”

At the very least he was honest with that part.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights