awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
portent
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 0:38:44 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
they disperse, all with more questions than answers. she retires to her office and stands behind her chair, fingertips dappling the desk. poised, frozen, stoic, a faraway look in her eyes. memories swim behind closed lids whenever she blinks, prodded back to the surface after seeing the cover of that book. 

the suicune abomination at their feet, disappearing into motes of light. eternatus, necrozma, and now this? what does it mean? 

what does any of it mean?

she turns abruptly and casts a sideways glance to the bow resting in its mantel, considering. ultimately she leaves it behind, but she is still adorned by her sygna suit. she'll have to talk to alex about the damage it had done to her clothing...

the walk through the corridors is difficult. far more difficult than she'd expected. but she reaches his office and raps her knuckles against his door, notices her hand is shaking, and tucks it behind her back. 

"i need to talk with you. it's important."
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
portent
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 20:30:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PORTENT

MISSION

A MOMENT HANGS HER REQUEST. great contemplation goes into whether or not he should dismiss it. for he is far too busy to allow someone to skip proper procedure. after all, they had just been together not even a couple hours ago. what could be so pressing that it would require individual follow up?

come in.

fernando’s office is how it always is. bare with few feature beyond what he needs. minimalism helps keep the playing pieces infrequent. easier to calculate and accommodate. for he excels at planning and crafting. a world with so many tools: mega evolution, z-moves, terashivulation—it is his undoing.

it weakens him.

the only difference this time around is that his computer monitors have been replaced. instead, an odd projector looking device sits above his desk. a three dimensional hologram replaces the traditional look and feels of using a computer, allowing him to manipulate his star charts with his hands.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
portent
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 21:50:44 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
there is a very big chance he turns her away, but she's prepared for that too. her hand is already on the doorknob, counting in her head an amiable amount of time before souring his mood. then he finally grants her permission and she steps into an office she is uncomfortably familiar with. 

her gaze darts to the side of the room where she once stood as his attendant, where she thought she mattered. now - no, even then, she'd known the truth: he was only humoring her. 

the door clicks shut behind her. with a twist of her fingers, the lock snicks. she takes in the wall space, stripped free of the shadows of monitors. his hands delve into a shifting holographic display.

"did you ever use tapu fini's mist on her? wo-chien's avatar?" she asks, chin raised, pale gold eyes unblinking. 
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
portent
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 22:35:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PORTENT

MISSION

“NO,” is the good will he instills on her. entertaining such a question is a slight well above his dignity. but the unraveling conversation that would follow would undoubtedly get them no where. like with the rest of freya’s journey, she has exhausted his patience.

even when she subjugates him, it comes at the cost of her reputation. she flounders like the rest of hoenn. someone below his respect. another peon that only sees him as a resource.

what would be the point?

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
portent
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 23:02:36 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

it seems his patience for her audience has yet to wear thin. despite the years between them, she is no better at reading him, and she hesitates to believe him. and yet solace comes in the form of acknowledgment - she's already thrown her lot in with him. 

there's nothing left to do but ride the waves, treacherous as they may be. 

"i don't know, fernando, but i had to ask because ... tapu fini is alive. and it's working with her."

that feels like a lie. her hesitation is shown by a slight slouch of one shoulder, the twinge of still-healing teeth marks on her arms and hands, a slight furrow of her brows. 
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
portent
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 3:47:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PORTENT

MISSION

“HM.”

he weighs her words for a moment before measuring it to scale. with a thrust of his hand, he points his palm at her, as if would expel something. and, when nothing comes up, his look of judgement proves just as condescending as her lack of proof.

a bold claim.

he blinks, once, before returning his attention to the spherical hologram of hoenn’s topology. the new TERA CAVES link between cities, shifting and moving based off unknown mappings.

but i’m sure you’ve done your due diligence. did you want me to review your findings before you presented it to ?

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
portent
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 4:39:16 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she flinches back, hip clipping the door handle, pain lancing down her side. one hand slams back, scrabbling for the escape. the sudden and overwhelming need to escape. but no mist comes and she is forced to stand there, one hand on the door, quivering like a raboot.

"fuck you."

her grip tightens on the knob, but it does not turn. she'd locked it after all. 

she lets go. takes a breath. 

"she's coming for you. elisabeth. i don't know what you did and honestly? i don't care. but you have to listen to me. you have to trust me." her eyes narrow.

"it has some twisted hold on her and she wants you dead."
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
portent
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 4:54:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PORTENT

MISSION

“I DO,” he says with an impatient exhale. “but if it is my tapu fini then it will not kill me.

a tunnel twists as he coils it into place. the feasibility reading drops, painting it in a cautionary yellow.

unless it is another one?

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
portent
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 5:19:36 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

his impatience does not go unnoticed and if she weren't so shaken, she may have scoffed at his hubris. that he has the audacity to call it his

her expression hardens. she recalls those cold, knowing eyes. "it's the very same." she looks down at the tunnels. it was never uncommon for him to work while carrying on a conversation. this is what stops her from shoving her hands into the hologram. 

"whatever it wants doesn't change what she wants. it's allied itself with her. it's given her your same powers...and more. something else."

something i refused to take for myself.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
portent
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 5:25:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PORTENT

MISSION

“THEN IT WANTS SOMETHING IT THINKS SHE CAN DELIVER,” he presumes. “and when their paths no longer sync up it will leave her as lele did to .

he stretches it vertically and the screen blares red.

how do you know this, morningstar?

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
portent
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 5:55:42 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"and what if what it wants is revenge? didn't you let it die?

the screen bathes him in red and she is reminded of that choking, cloying tide. lungs flat, teeth in flesh, limbs entangled. a hand outstretched, and then another, asking her twice to join their vendetta against him. 

"i know this because i sent us tumbling off the side of a charter boat and she - they - attacked me."
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
portent
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 6:00:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PORTENT

MISSION

“THEN THAT WOULD MAKE IT AS PETTY AS YOU.”

he reverts the tunnel back to its original path. the screen becomes green with a sign of approval, much to his chagrin.

we saw eye to eye, which is why it came after me when my personal guard did not. to take offense for that requires a selfishness that weighs more human than pokemon.

he does not halt his attempt in the face of failure. this is merely a puzzle that must be brute forced.

and why would they target you, morningstar?

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
portent
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 6:08:01 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her jaw clenches, teeth aching from the force. king's restraint, his careful exercise of anger, helps her swallow the fire that gathers in the back of her throat. but it cannot reach the struck-flint hatred in her stare.

this is her atonement. 

she does not answer his question. defiance flashes in the wake of the still-blinking red light, the careful precision of his hands as he continues his grueling work. 

"would you offer me your power again, if i asked?"
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
portent
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 6:10:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

PORTENT

MISSION

“NO,” he says absentmindedly. eventually, he gives up on that tunnel and scrambles for a different one. the very one that coincides with the one they found WALKING WAKE.

the one beneath them.

it wouldn’t work on you.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
portent
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 6:18:09 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she was hoping the victory for her ego would feel better, but her almost-snarl flattens into a grimace. now, she looks away. the colors around his office have returned to being awash in a soft blue. 

she draws her phone out of her pocket and holds it out to him, screen playing a previously paused tiktok video. there are oohs and ahs as the spire comes into view in the distance, a slow pan, and then an abrupt 'holy shit.' a brief glimpse of two women - one with starlit hair, the other dark as pitch, tumbling over the railing.

"i know because i fought them," she says quietly. "and when she asked me to help hunt you down, i said no. five of my dragons paid the price, courtesy of your patron."