[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Traitor.[break][break]

The glint of the knife captures a strange reflection - A dark, swirling empty space that evokes a sense of unease. stares down at her with a crazed grin, readying himself to strike.[break][break]

You shouldn't have left.[break][break]

Blinking doesn't make it go away, a piercing pain in her chest making her look down to a gaping wound.[break][break]

Death comes for those who leave.[break][break]

She crumbles to the sight of dull blonde, eyes wide with fear and concern as they hold her tight.[break][break]

Trust, he whispers, picking her up and carrying her away from this hell. But when she looks over his shoulder, all she sees is a growing storm, icicles sharpening as bloodshot eyes train upon his back.[break][break]

She jolts up, ripped from her slumber by a bitter chill that sweep through the room. It's awfully quiet, save for Reiner's soft breathing from beside the bed. Everything is still on this night. Or rather, everything should be.[break][break]

And yet, it grips her like monsters that linger under her bed - Dread is all that pools as she looks to the window. The stars are dying, the sky effortlessly swallows the moon as she clumsily climbs from her bed.[break][break]

"Mes."[break][break]

A quiet coo melds with a flutter of pink dust.[break][break]

"Take me to him."[break][break]

All at once, she spies decay, life stripped from these lands as thorns and rot thrive.[break][break]

"No..."[break][break]

Where is this? What happened here? The pixie takes off before her, trails of pink coloured with spots of worry. Bare feet squelch uncomfortably through muck and mulch, nausea readily twisting through her chest as she continues to take another step.[break][break]

"Isaac..."[break][break]

Another step, then another. [break][break]

"Isaac!"[break][break]

Through death and the end, she begins to run. She has to find him.[break][break]

She has to.
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
don't ever be || C
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 3:43:58 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was the strangest thing. One would expect that, the closer they ran towards the source of the decay, the deeper into the muck they would settle. They would expect the trees, already brittle and feeble, to become all the more stunted and gnarled. They would expect the miasma, a thin haze in the air, to become all the more overpowering. They would expect the stench of death to hold on for dear life and suffocate them with a smile.[break][break]

Perhaps it would make it all the stranger for Eris to see the land heal with every footstep.[break][break]

Where her feet once fell upon toxic sludge, now they stood on frail, newborn soils. Where she could once only smell rot, now she could smell the crisp air and the faint tingle of mineral water. The air that was once so hot and heavy was finally pierced by a cool, refreshing breeze.[break][break]

All the while, the rain would start to fall atop her. Normally, in a situation such as this, it would be more irritating than anything. The already slick ground would become a slip-n-slide beneath Eris' feet. The ashen trees would crumble at its touch, sending little black particles drifting through the air. Her eyes, already fighting so hard to focus, would be stung by drop after invasive drop.[break][break]

Against all odds, none of that came to pass.[break][break]

The ground greedily drank from the flowing rains, the sludge that coated it being wiped away with each drop. The trees, too, had their share. Though it was too late for them, they sheltered Eris from the worst of the storm's intensity. However, perhaps she hadn't needed much shelter at all.[break][break]

Each drop would feel strangely soothing as they landed atop her head, a gentle cool spreading from her head to her toes. They fell rhythmically, one by one, as if mother nature itself was hushing her with a lullaby. There was an almost soft glow to them, the once-decayed forest looking incandescent through the curtain of raindrops.[break][break]

Perhaps it would be through said curtain that she eventually noticed a familiar figure, softly patting down the hungering earth.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,779 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
don't ever be || C
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 4:13:32 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Rain falls fresh like a blessing upon the earth, cleansing the soil beneath her feet as she continues to run. She will not question how the world changes, how every bit of bitterness and anger that lingers in the ground seems to wash away.[break][break]

Because it's him. He who stands amidst the passing autumn rains, so painfully aware of the ruin that surrounds him as he gifts this world his all.[break][break]

"Isaac..."[break][break]

The hallowed silence is broken by her intrusion, drops of her own blood tainting the land as she stumbles closer.[break][break]

"You're alive!"[break][break]

Relief surges through her as she laughs, cold rain tickling her lips that burn from how hard she's bitten them. The scratches of wild bramble and prickled thorns won't stop her even as dirt covers the fresh little wounds, the uncomfortable sensation of bandages sticking to skin making her aware of just how real this all is.[break][break]

"You're alive..."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
don't ever be || C
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 17:51:31 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Of course Eris would be the first one to find him after he'd pried himself from the jaws of death itself. Who else could it have been? She'd been one of his biggest motivations, after all. Would Isaac have fought nearly so hard if he didn't dream of a world where kids like could be free of this nightmare?[break][break]

Without Eris, he may have never worked up a will so strong that even Suicune acknowledged it.[break][break]

"Of course I am!" She'd sure picked a hell of a way to greet him. Had Eris somehow figured out the hell he had put himself through? Or did she just come searching for his old grove while in the grasp of a nightmare? In either case, he kept up a brave face and a winning smile, not wanting to subject Eris to any of the torment he had endured. "C'mon, you know I'm not just gonna disappear on you."[break][break]

He'd come worryingly close to doing so. A part of him hated himself for that, but a part of him knew it had to be done. Maybe that was why, the second she was close enough, he picked her up and spun her around in a tight, protective hug.[break][break]

Arceus, he hoped she wouldn't notice the bloodstains.

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,779 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
don't ever be || C
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 20:09:23 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She is panicked, maddened by things she wishes she'd never seen. Perhaps, that is why she collapses into his grasp so easily, clinging so tight as if she were attempting to contain a ghost in her arms.[break][break]

"Someone... You're hurt..."[break][break]

And his hopes that the bloodstains go unnoticed are dashed.[break][break]

"Had a nightmare... where you were going to die..."[break][break]

Matching the wisps of a dream with reality comes easier when you are restless and somewhat soaked to the bone. Truth be told, she probably doesn't look any better than he does. A part of her still feels the excruciating pain and aches all throughout her body, carved into her bones for how ever many hours she had spent alone.[break][break]

"Don't lie." So she begs, plea so faint that it might just dissolve in the rain. "It's okay if it's painful... or scary... if something hurts, say it. A- and we can go find someone to make it feel better."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
don't ever be || C
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 22:26:14 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]He wanted to wave it off. He wanted to say nightmares were nightmares, and the reality was Isaac would always be there for her. He wanted to say that, no matter what odds he faced, he'd always be one step ahead of them.[break][break]

Then he heard that weak little plea.[break][break]

Arceus damn it. There was no way he could lie to her, no matter how hard he tried. Not when she looked up from his arms, worry shining in her eyes and fear shaking her voice into pieces. ". . . Yeah," he admitted, a sad smile on his face. "Guess you could say that, huh?"[break][break]

Admitting it was like flicking a switch. The adrenaline that fueled his escape and the supernatural calm that fueled his return were both ebbing away. It started to occur to Isaac that he was tired; so, so, so very tired. What was once him holding Eris so closely and securely was now him slumping against her ever so slightly.[break][break]

"I found Caleb." The admission came out before he could catch it. "Some Rocket admin stole him away. They tortured him. I knew, before I left for good, I had to set things right. I'd hoped I could just slip in under the cover of darkness. Get in. Get him out. Get him home. Then I could walk away without any regrets."[break][break]

" didn't like that."[break][break]

Pain bled into Isaac's hushed voice. His ever-present smile faded. His entire body seemed to sag. Nevertheless, he tried to force himself back into a good vibe. "But it's okay! Sure, I got banged up real bad. But I'm alive, see? And I owe it all to-" He looked to the side, prepared to thank Suicune for saving him from a miserable end.[break][break]

Where the legend once stood, now there was only the rushing wind.[break][break]

"Well . . . I'm here now. That's what matters, right?" He knew it wasn't right. He knew everything was going to become so much more complicated and so much more dangerous. The League would have questions. Rocket would demand answers. He'd gone from walking the line to a freefall, and all Suicune had done was given him a parachute. He'd live to see another day, but that was all the two of them had guaranteed.[break][break]

The two years before this were little more than a trial run. Isaac's true test started now.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,779 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
don't ever be || C
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 23:32:48 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She isn't fully prepared to support his weight when it first comes weighing down on her, and her knees nearly buckle as she lets out a small 'woah'. This time, while Reiner isn't around to help her, Mesprit offers a helping hand with a little bit of pixie dust.[break][break]

And as Isaac attempts to look for a patron long gone, they'll giggle and wave to the winds.[break][break]

"Is Caleb okay?"[break][break]

One problem that ties into another. At the very least, he's being honest with her, even if it does create a fresh new wave of worries on her mind.[break][break]

"Do we need to go find him? I can help? And Doug can fix him up if he's hurt real bad?" She stops to breathe, frowning as she looks him over. "Doug can help you too, if I just-"[break][break]

Call him? With what phone? Her last one had been thoroughly scrapped, courtesy of a friend turned enemy.[break][break]

"We need to move... if they come back for you... Do they know you're here?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
don't ever be || C
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 0:58:57 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"He made it out. I made sure of it." Isaac remembered how 's Latios and Latias darted across the night sky, two shooting stars he could faintly make out through the haze of Lugia's Shadow Storm. At least, he believed it was them. He had to. The alternative was unacceptable.[break][break]

"I don't know where he went after that. But he has his phone with him. We can find out," he assured her. After their first encounter had started so frosty, it was a surprise to see how concerned Eris had been about . Maybe he'd proven his integrity to her after all. Maybe it was just because she loved Isaac and Isaac loved him. The reasons didn't matter. Isaac was just glad that he wasn't alone.[break][break]

Unfortunately, if they didn't move, they'd be joined by far worse company. "They don't know I'm here. But I'm sure they know I'm out there," Isaac said. Bullets didn't make people disappear, and wasn't a fool. He'd be hot on Isaac's trail before long, and where he went Rocket followed. "You're right. We need to get moving. Now."[break][break]

It was easier said than done. Isaac looked out to the horizon, as if trying to see Petalburg through the treeline. "We both know they have people in every city," Isaac muttered. Rocket's widespread network of undercover operatives, once a source of community for him, now filled him with dread. "I . . . I almost wonder if it's safer to just stay in the wild like this."[break][break]

He tried to force himself to stand, but his legs were like jelly. Nevertheless, still half-braced against Eris, he forced himself to take a staggered step forward. "Just . . . gotta find our way . . ."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,779 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
don't ever be || C
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 1:25:48 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]He's responsible, if not reckless. And she will count on the little bits of hope he believes in, interrupting him for a moment as she reaches over into his pocket and snags the ever coveted phone.[break][break]

"Sturdy." For all that it's been through, she means. It's almost jarring how she thinks to crack such a joke in a time and place like this, but it keeps her thinking straight, her fingers numb from ghostly pain tapping numbers right in.[break][break]

"Standing in the middle of some miracle rain gets more attention."[break][break]

A ring... another... She very nearly snaps, if not for that familiar crackle and voice that picks up.[break][break]

"Petalburg Forest. Isaac's hurt." Apologies for waking him up at this hour of night will only be shared after they get out of this mess. Faint rumbles resembling words is probably all that Isaac will hear in his slump. "No, he's heavy. And Dewford's safer." Another pause, another moment of exchange. "Mmm, we'll be okay. Mhmm..."[break][break]

The pixie trills with curiosity, cooing gently as they come to a rest upon Isaac's head. Unease is something they wish to alleviate for the moment, but they will not push if it instead causes further grief.[break][break]

"It's... scary. But it'll be okay." Eris eventually returns back to him, her one good eye focused on him. "You're gonna be okay. And if you ever aren't, you can tell me and I'll make sure that you are, yeah?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
don't ever be || C
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 2:00:50 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Way to insult my girlish figure." If Eris' jokes were jarring, Isaac's may have been even moreso. Then again, with the fresh hell he'd been put through, he'd earned a little bit of gallows humor. "That's the most anyone's hurt me all day."[break][break]

He couldn't even say that with a straight face. He snickered, at least until the laughing gave way to a groan of pain.[break][break]

It was strange. He wasn't as hurt as he expected to be, but he sure wasn't feeling great, either. Suicune had eased his pain and patched up the worst of his wounds, but it hadn't just magically fixed everything with a snap of its paw. It wasn't because they only had so much time to rest. There was nothing urgent demanding Isaac force himself out from the spring right this second.[break][break]

Rather, Isaac wondered if it was to teach him a lesson. Life would do its damndest to break him. Life would hurt him in ways he never even imagined. Life would leave him a twitching, bloodied mess on the floor, and to call to get back up would be in his hands. It wouldn't be in fate's. It wouldn't be in Suicune's. It wouldn't be in anyone's besides his own.[break][break]

He'd need to look at the pain he'd endured, look life dead in the eye, and ask "so what's next?"[break][break]

So long as people like Eris had his back, maybe that wouldn't be so hard. Between Mesprit resting atop his head, and Eris softly turning his own words back against him, it didn't matter how fatigued Isaac was and how much pain threatened to seep back into his body. What was once a slump against her shoulder turned into a soft, gentle hug, a nonverbal acceptance of Eris' promise.[break][break]

"You really are a hell of a kid, huh?" Another soft chuckle, this one weak and weary, escaped Isaac. If anyone in the world could have found and rescued him from this torment, he was glad it had been her. "Atta girl. Way to make me proud."[break][break]

"Love ya, sis."[break][break]

With those last warm, encouraging words, Isaac started to drift off. How much did that miracle rain take out of him, anyway?

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,779 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
don't ever be || C
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 2:43:30 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Wise ass. She shoots him that look but smiles nonetheless. At the very least, he can crack jokes along with her. At least, until he groans and pulls her out of that fleeting revelry.[break][break]

He's not bleeding out but they're not out of the woods yet. Both figuratively and literally. He's tired and so is she. But when he hugs her and begins rambling like some drunk man, she's there to listen and return the hug with comforting strokes of his hair.[break][break]

Sis... Her eyes widen at the title bestowed upon her. What had once been a feeling she clutched tight to her chest, what once felt like a chilly drizzle now feels like a warmth blanketing her shoulders and heart.[break][break]

When arrives, he'll find a sliver of peace so rarely found in the tempest they reside in - Eris gently cradling Isaac and humming a lullaby amidst the gentle rain. And she'll look up at his approaching footsteps, quietly raising a finger to her lips.[break][break]

Whatever awaits them in the future can wait. For now, he will rest.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
don't ever be || C
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 0:09:30 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: