awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
secret: lars & lam [rt]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 4:51:17 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Accompanied by his Salazzle, Mirana, he continued to venture through the rough paths, making sure not to trip over any unstable ledges or anything of the kind.

Who knew the road was going to be treacherous just to deliver information?! At least his Pokémon companion didn’t have any problem navigating the treacherous landscape, which was a good thing.

“Let me know if you smell anything out of the ordinary,” he told his Salazzle, who then sibilantly hissed before sticking her tongue out and scenting the air.

He then turned to his companion—apparently, they were the one who took over the space where the previous Lilycove Gym stood.

“Nervous or anything?” he asked his green-haired companion.

participation — 50
post - 10
mention faction race obstacle — 10

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 15:11:24 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]The uncertain footing brought about the steep drops from narrow precipices did well to unsettle Lam. Not that he went out of his way to make a show of that.[break][break]
It was simply innate that he would’ve preferred to be on the back of one of his birds—it was unfortunate that tighter quarters didn’t really allow for that sort of easier maneuvering.[break][break]
But it would be fine, surely. Once they’d circumnavigated the narrow path, it would hopefully widen out so that they could reach their drop point with relative ease.[break][break]
Halfheartedly, he tapped at the communicator piece in his ear. No dice. But that was to be expected, wasn’t it? The signal was unreliable in these caves, and it was why they had to deliver intel on foot in the first place.[break][break]
His shoulders hitched when his companion piped up—apparently he was easily found out, after all. Lam glanced over at the head ranger with a short chuckle. “Ah, ya caught me. Think I get a squirrelly under ground.”
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- WAHOO [break]
- rt: secret [1/2][break]
- rt mission participation (50) + reference a race obstacle (10) + ic post x1 (10) = 70 mp

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#9eb591;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 14:11:44 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“The good thing is, as long as it’s not tight spaces underground then I’m good,” he breathed out with a sigh of relief.

Although, he couldn’t help but notice… there was a certain vibe his companion had.

“It’s been on my mind for a while now, and I can’t stop thinking about it, but. You give off the same vibe a friend of mine does. Not—not in a creepy way, but in the very comfortable kind of way.”

Did he have to elaborate? Then elaborate he would.

“It’s like. How do I put this… I can’t help but wonder why you’re so jittery is because, are you a fan of the open skies or anything like that?”

(Never mind if there was a cold wind blowing through the path they were walking now. At least it calmed the nerves down!)

participation — 50
post - 20

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 23:47:30 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]Lam frowned, obviously confused. His glance darted sideways toward Lars. “Comfortable? How so?” He definitely didn’t understand, but he tried to follow the other’s line of thought as they continued to inch forward around the sudden drops.[break][break]
Then it started to click together piece by piece. A silent ‘ah’ of understanding slipped loose, and Lam gave an admitting nod as he shifted and hiked his bag up by pulling on the straps. “Guess I was more obvious than I thought I was,” he replied with a short, sheepish laugh.[break][break]
“But yes, if I’m being honest, it’s exactly that.” He’d been down in the tunnels before, this wasn’t the first time. But there was just something about this one, on an unexplored island that had been totally unknown before now, that made him far more uneasy.[break][break]
“I’ve always been more comfortable when the sky is accessible.”[break][break]
The wind ruffled through his hair and clothes, like a soft jolt to his system. But where was it coming from? How was the air moving so distinctly while underground?

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- WAHOO [break]
- rt mission participation (50) + reference a race obstacle (10) + ic post x2 (10) = 80 mp

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 7:49:17 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Thankfully, there was nothing immediately up ahead and they could proceed unimpeded.

“You and me both, actually,” he continued quietly as he sighed before looking at the cavern ceiling. “You and me both.”

It doesn’t take long before the Salazzle slithers back, hissing quietly and pointing with her tail. There was a certain battlelust aura to her, and he sighed. He recognized this tell of hers.

“What? What is it?” he inquired, watching as the tail continued to whip and flick angrily.

“Is there something up ahead?”

A quiet little nod from the reptilian Pokémon.

“I hope you’re ready for a battle,” he mentioned to the other man. “We’re not alone down here…”

participation — 50
post - 30

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 16:28:18 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

The longer they went without issue, the more Lam eased. His guard stayed up, of course, but the agitation began to diminish. Even if just a little.[break][break]
“Oh yeah?” a wry smile flit across his features for a moment, “Misery loves company, I guess.”[break][break]
Something like that.[break][break]
Lam eyed the salazzle as she returned to her trainer. Something about the agitated lash of her tail unsettled him, and his hand palmed one of the pokeballs fastened to his belt.[break][break]
With a quick tap, his Iron Bundle was released. The metallic bird let out a tinny quork! of sound as its eyes glowed blue in the dim cavern light.[break][break]
Green eyes moved to the ranger, lips pressing in a thin line. “Well, guess we better go meet them, then.” His attention drifted back to his own pokemon, who seemed to be assessing their surroundings with removed, robotic appraisal to pinpoint their enemies.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- WAHOO [break]
- rt mission participation (50) + reference a race obstacle (10) + ic post x3 (30) = 90 mp

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 18:14:08 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The moment he saw the robotic-looking Delibird, his eyebrows went up for a few moments. While he also had one of these strange… ‘paradox Pokémon’ as they were supposedly called, he had yet to discover what they were truly capable of.

The Salazzle’s hissing noise increased in volume as the sound of raucous laughter reached his ears. Turning to his companion, he then pressed one finger to his lips, before making eye contact with Mirana, who nodded and slithered forward…

More silence followed, before the laughter became the sound of yelling the moment her loud, sibilant hissing broke through the air as the Salazzle came down bearing on them with a surprise Flamethrower maneuver.

Whoever they were, they were caught off-guard, and were cursing in moments.

“Come on!” he hissed in Lam’s direction, pointing towards the source of the noise. “Let’s get the jump on them while they’re distracted!”

participation — 50
post - 40

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 18:32:20 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
Suddenly, the Iron Bundle didn’t seem quite like enough. Maybe he wasn’t quite versed in working with the robotic bird yet. To be safe, as Lars’ salazzle slunk forward ahead of them again, Lam released a second pokemon. The galarian zigzagoon yipped excitedly, his raspberry pink and white fur bristling with excitement.[break][break]
A tera orb was pulled from his pocket, activated in a fluid motion to encase Jam Jam in a bright, shimmering light that left him crystallized in a violet hue. The blazing glow of the salazzle’s FLAMETHROWER reflected off of the zigzagoon’s terastralized exterior.[break][break]
Following Lars’ lead with a nod of agreement, he ushered Jam Jam to make use of the surprise launched by the salazzle, and he aimed a hefty GUNK SHOT at the first of the rockets’ pokemon he encountered—luckily, an unsuspecting Aromatisse that shrieked as toxic goo spattered its soft, pink fur.[break][break]
“Set up a defense for us!” he instructed the Iron Bundle meanwhile, and the bird seemed to register the command with more automated quarks of sound before its eyes closed with blue light. As the group came down on the rockets, an array of gradient, colorful light fell and shrouded them in an AURORA VEIL.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- WAHOO [break]
- rt mission participation (50) + reference a race obstacle (10) + utilize terastralization (10) + ic post x4 (40) = 110 mp

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 8:23:31 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He could hear the two poor mooks arguing about how they didn’t want to be lumped together, however it was kind of a little late for that, right?

The Salazzle now pulled herself up to full height before spit-hissing at the other mook’s Pokémon, a Shiftry that clicked its feet-heels angrily (they did kind of look like those wooden geta after all) before very nearly getting blasted off her feet with a near-point blank Hurricane!

“Whoa, hang on!” Lars yelled over the sudden force of wind that ripped through the area, reaching out a hand for the other to grab in case they get blown away; while the Salazzle had to power through the gale-force winds just to deliver a surprise package to the opposite side of the field: a noxious, bubbling package of Toxic fumes!

participation — 50
post - 50

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 18:17:17 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
Maybe it was to their benefit that their opposition was busy bickering amongst themselves. It certainly set them back a few paces in the wake of their combine attacks.[break][break]
“Yikes!” His hand fumbled for Lars’ when the ranger reached out. His other arm came up to shield his face as the gale wind buffeted against them. His zigzagoon yipped nervously, spinning around as the hurricane pulled him to and fro. The Iron Bundle somehow planted itself, more quarks of sound echoing around them as the AURORA VEIL held firm.[break][break]
Once Jam Jam regained his bearing, he darted forward again—foliage sprouted up from the earth, traveling in tangles toward the Rocket pokemon, aiming to take them down with a volley of fumbling GRASS KNOTS

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- WAHOO [break]
- rt mission participation (50) + reference a race obstacle (10) + utilize terastralization (10) + ic post x5 (50) = 120 mp

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 18:25:26 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Easy there, I got you,” he continued while the gale-force winds bellowed around the enclosed space; anchoring himself as best as he could and helping the greenette to not get blown away at the same time.

The Shiftry then decidedly ignored his bickering human, then using a Leaf Blade to go after the Salazzle… big mistake, as the reptilian Pokémon hissed jubilantly before unleashing a Flamethrower right at the dual-type!

“Whoa, Mirana, don’t burn us too!” he warned the Salazzle, who cackled and controlled the burst of flame from her maw.

“Well, at least they’re too busy arguing to notice us—do you see anything we can snatch from them, like a map or anything?” he asked Lam, because he was already looking around and hoping to find something to bring back that could prove useful.

participation — 50
post - 60
assist — 10

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 23:57:11 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
“Thanks,” Lam replied as Lars helped steady his footing against the onslaught of wind.[break][break]
“Hm, let’s see,” Lam squinted, then stooped down to see if he could see anything scattered on the ground beneath the torrent of flame that the salazzle continued to spew. His own zigzagoon, meanwhile, continued his pursuit of the aromatisse.[break][break]
Jam Jam darted away from it as it tried to subdue him with a DRAINING KISS before twisting back toward to fire off a poisonous TERA BLAST that hit it square in the tummy.[break][break]
“There!” Lam pointed at an unfolded paper scattered among several on the ground. They must’ve dropped it in the frenzy. “A map should be useful, yeah?” Especially if it had marked base locations.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- WAHOO [break]
- rt mission participation (50) + reference a race obstacle (10) + utilize terastralization (10) + ic post x6 (60) = 130 mp

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 20:47:52 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

While his Salazzle is busy taking care of the Shiftry (whose prickly… visage was now mostly on fire) with another Flamethrower burst, Lars helped the greenette scout around; just in case there were some important—

“Grab that map! Secure it at all costs!” he yelled as the wind still refused to settle down (and this left the two mooks still arguing with each other over whose Pokémon was better, hilariously) as he then summoned out a Rotom, who zipped around him eagerly.

“Go jam their radio equipment!” he hollered over the howling wind that the Shiftry had kicked up another Hurricane to send them flying away!

And off the Rotom went, cackling gleefully before they zipped over to a battered radio set that was crackling and it disappeared into the piece of electronic equipment.

More chaos, more mayhem!

participation — 50
post - 70
assist — 10

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 16:58:17 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

The map fluttered as if in response to Lars’ directive, threatening to blow away further into the cavern from the back and forth of the traded attacks. “On it!” Lam wasted no time diving for it while the Rockets weren’t looking—his Iron Bundle skating behind him defensively.[break][break]
His fingers reached, snagging around one corner and crumpling the edge as he tried to yank it back. “Got it!” he held it aloft for a second before the hurricane winds threatened to rip it from his grasp again. “Go help!” His Iron Bundle’s glowing eyes flickered, processing the command before it skated away again.[break][break]
A frigid ICE BEAM mixing with the heat of the salazzle’s flamethrower gave him the cover to creep back over, map in tow.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- WAHOO [break]
- rt mission participation (50) + reference a race obstacle (10) + utilize terastralization (10) + ic post x70 (70) = 140 mp

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 19:36:42 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

While the Shiftry was trying to evade the hissing and snapping Salazzle who was intent on crisping its fur alive, the Aromatisse continued to wail in dismay, before getting her proverbial shit together and hurling a burst of fae energy in the form of a Moonblast towards the little Zigzagoon that was proving to be very… annoying, to say the least.

“Did you get it?” he gasped the moment he saw the explosion of ‘mist’ caused by the Ice Beam and Flamethrower elements interacting to provide some cover for them to slip away unnoticed.

“If you did, let’s get outta here!” he continued, whistling sharply once; his Salazzle then looked up from her tormenting the Shiftry, before clapping back at the other dual-type with a Dragon Pulse of energy.

Meanwhile, the Rotom had caused enough mayhem, finally zipping out of the radio set that had been thrown to and fro due to the Shiftry’s consistent bursting use of the flying-type attack, following the Salazzle who was now making her way back to where Lars was waiting so they could get out of there.

participation — 50
post - 80
assist — 10