Twenty-one
June 9th
Twinleaf
demisexual
Secretary/Office boy
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @steven
Steven Campbell
BOOOOOOOOORING!! [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 3:09:14 GMT
Steven Campbell Avatar

Its late. Night eats light, and all but the glow of a few office lights survives. 

Most of the other grunts had already scampered home, but not Steven. Never would he be so lucky. Instead, he was trapped between filing cabinets, redoing every tab, every divider, and every sort of organizational styling the previous secretary had thought it wise to employ. 

Beyond the rustlings - which sounded like nuclear bombs in a world of silence - music played from his outdated iphone. It was the only solace of the night. Unfortunately, Metallica could only heal so much.

Open[/div]
close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
BOOOOOOOOORING!! [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 3:55:08 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Grigori nursed his second plastic cup of the overtly sugary concoction. To call it coffee would get 's attention, even though they were separated by miles of sea and land. He had learned this the hard way early on, but that couldn't keep him away for long. After all, it had been quite a while since he last attempted this sort of night.

Guard duty. Of course. Looked like his lack of proper missions had earned him the Hot Seat. Age did not beget any meaningful status. Why would it? Those who thought themselves above work in this organization did not last long. And apparently, the bare minimum wasn't good enough either. So, overnights were a necessity. Not often, thankfully.

But tonight would prove peculiar. Music at this time of night? And in the offices? This person wanted to wake the dead with that racket. Or was it someone else on an overnighter? 

Grigori quickly made his way over to the sound of the noise, careful not to make too much of his own. Light blinded him from the crack of a door. Either he had missed someone who was stealing their documents, or this was an overachiever. Regardless, they had good taste in music. Rock never went out of style, despite the insistence of a few Rockets. 

A few gentle knocks cut through the drone of music and file ruffles. "If you are an intruder, you have--"

Oh. Just some kid. New guy? Grigori cracked the door further and peeked his head inside. "Ah. Apologies. Did not realize someone decided to... refile everything."

"Gave me cause for concern for a moment there," the grunt pushed himself further into the room and closed the door with the speed of an old man. "Did you alert anyone of your prolonged presence here this night?"

close tab

played by

Cappytain

Steve
he/him
Twenty-one
June 9th
Twinleaf
demisexual
Secretary/Office boy
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @steven
Steven Campbell
BOOOOOOOOORING!! [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 14:52:10 GMT
Steven Campbell Avatar
"yo."

He wasn't even phased by the intensity of the stranger. SOOO many of his peers walked around with a stick up their ass, so of course, even in the barren nights, there would a roaming hall monitor, readied to give him the shake down. 

"Wasn't exactly a choice," he shrugged. 

To think his first assumption would be that someone decided to burn away their night at the sub really said all that needed to be said and then someone. 

Tucking away the final file, he gave the old rickety cabinet one last scan through, then properly kicked it back close.

He turned to face the old man. 

"Admin 's orders. Apparently guy's secretary sucks ass, and I have to cover while they assign a new grunt for the role."

@grigori[/div]
close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
BOOOOOOOOORING!! [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 23:42:12 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Well, he wasn’t here to steal the files. Grigori could rest easy in that regard, though the mention of does little to comfort him. They had both been there at that meeting in the Cave of Origin, and that’s as much as he wanted to think about that right now.

Instead, he continued further into the room. Each step was placed with delicate care, as if one wrong step would explode a hidden mine. “Then you have my condolences. I’ve been there before, trust me.

Nice music you have there,” He nodded right to the phone. “One of their older works, am I right? Are you a fan of them?

Or just sound to occupy the empty space as Steven worked? Either way, Grigori had zero complaints. He took another sip of his coffee through the bright red straw.

close tab

played by

Cappytain

Steve
he/him
Twenty-one
June 9th
Twinleaf
demisexual
Secretary/Office boy
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @steven
Steven Campbell
BOOOOOOOOORING!! [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 4:19:44 GMT
Steven Campbell Avatar
A lazy smile slid up one side of his face.

"Yeah, man."

In one grand swoop, the last file of the cabinet he fiddling with was placed, then slammed close. He had finally hit the half-way point, it seemed.

Stretching back to his full height, Steven gave out a long yawn, both arms sprawled out over his head, fingers outstretched and muscles taut.

"Gotta keep my mental somehow."

He quirked an eyebrow.

"You into them, too?"

close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
BOOOOOOOOORING!! [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 19:42:21 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Into them?” Grigori chuckled quietly. “Let’s say I might’ve made them my personality for a year or two. Black and white face paint, walls covered in their merch, the whole nine yards.

Fun and carefree days, but he was extremely glad no one had taken too many photos back then. He’d die of embarrassment if he ever had to see himself in those days ever again. He crept up onto the wall and used it as a support.

It was coming back to him– not those horrid, cringe moments– but this song. It was on the tip of his tongue, but he couldn’t pry it off the muscle. That voice was iconic, how could he forget? He jutted his head high at the ceiling, as if the answer had been written there earlier.

Ok, I give up,” he faced Steven again, “I can’t remember this song’s name. Do you know it, Mr…

close tab

played by

Cappytain

Steve
he/him
Twenty-one
June 9th
Twinleaf
demisexual
Secretary/Office boy
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @steven
Steven Campbell
BOOOOOOOOORING!! [DD]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 20:52:10 GMT
Steven Campbell Avatar

His lips cracked into a smile.

He could only imagine how this dude looked back then - probably smothered up in white and black face paint, like that kid from psych 101. A bold choice, especially back then.

"Just call me Steven," He turned back toward the files, allowing the music to become the puppeteer of tonight's showing. With one tug his arm would move toward a file, and with another tug, it'd be lifted and put into a whole new place. "And the song's Sweet Amber."

An underrated classic.

"So what are you doing around here anyways?"

The shuffling of files is paused just long enough for the kid to look over his shoulder, eyes glimmering beneath the fluorescent lighting.

close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
BOOOOOOOOORING!! [DD]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 6:12:05 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Ah, that was an older one! That’s why it eluded Grigori’s grasp: he hadn’t heard it in who knows how long. Perhaps too long. Hmm. Just how old was he again? Arceus, this really wasn’t the time nor place to have a midlife crisis, was it? Not in front of this Steven, who looked to be… half his age? At best?

Thank goodness he changed the subject. “Guard duty. Mr. Steven. Doesn’t make too much sense, given context. Yet the chance of there being a spy aboard is never zero. Best to play it safe, especially given these dangerous times.

It felt like there had been a great number of defections in recent times, yet also a great amount of replacements as well. From those of the younger generation especially. came to mind immediately. Perhaps Team Rocket had a few recruiters stationed outside each university for this exact reasoning.

And you’ve already said your purpose for being here. But I’m curious as to your purpose for being here, if that makes sense,” Grigori placed his plastic cup on a nearby desk, thick with condensation. “I’ve seen many a younger person here recently. Feels like half of them are here to pay off their student loans.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights