Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
saint bluebell [dd, c]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 17:25:18 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
It was not one of her more thought out schemes. But somewhere along the way, when you lose the fuzzy conceptual lines of bodily autonomy, you also forget that it’s rather very important your sucky little meatsack continues to process cellular functions.

In layman’s terms, you stop caring.

In her defense, she tried to send the woman a letter, but she’d gone in to drop it at the post office and saw the absolute shitload of papers the Pelipper was dumping into Councilwoman Mornginstar’s box. Apparently she had no permanent address? And then she immediately realized Freya was NEVER going to get this if she sent it the old-fashioned way.

So there was this.

Hi Freya!

Last time we talked I was all emo. But I’m better now, honest. Well, you know, comparatively. I’m back in Hoenn so who really knows how much ‘better’ that is. ANYWAY.

I need a job. Like, I don’t /need/ it but I’m fucking going insane. But I don’t want to work for the League… so I think maybe I could work for you? I’m literally just useless and need something to do before I off myself. For, you know, real this time.

Aaaannyyywaay, call me beep me if you wanna reach me!

She decided not to sign it.

Then there was getting it to Freya. Which is how we end up here, at the scene of the crime: ghostly fingers snapping open a window lock on the--

“Arceus on a pony, talk about the honeymoon suite.” She took a moment to poke her head out the window and stare down at the ground below; up here, the air was cool, and the cool always felt good on her metal fuselage. “I feel like Fiver at the top of the down. You can see the whole world.”

Her Dusknoir crossed her arms aggressively. Ana shook herself. “Right. Right, okay.”

Thus began a tip-toe creep through the rooms of the Evergrande Hotel’s most high society suite, softly, quietly, toe-heel, toe-heel. Like a ninja.

She’d forgotten, apparently, that the first rule of breaking in was being quiet.

“I’m not breaking in, I’m just delivering a letter, I’m not breaking in, I’m just delivering a letter.”

But where to put it? What about… this pile of junk? Or that pile of junk? Judging by the states of the piles of junk, Councilwoman Morningstar’d been here a while.

“Damn, bitch, you live like this?”

notes
when things got tough i’d roll a joke along the ground and we’d both follow it.
(the mission is 'hush')

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
saint bluebell [dd, c]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 22:05:20 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

freya has, in short, not been handling all of this very well. she hadn't very many belongings at king's in the first place, but what she did have she'd shoved into a near-bursting duffel bag and promptly threw it all out onto the floor of her hotel room. and it has stayed there since, slowly shifting and migrating around the room due to her passerby scavenging. 

a few days afterward and she had deigned to look at a single apartment listing. it had been clean enough, modern enough, and empty enough to make her go mad. she had promptly excused herself from the showing, gone back to her hotel room, and curled under the sterile-smelling sheets to stare forlornly at her rather lovely blue wall with its deco art. 

marble countertops are littered with empty coffee mugs, brown rings at the center. and beside them, telling a story in two acts, cardboard cups that never made it all the way into the trash. printed news articles, official documents (not high security, but enough where they probably shouldn't be glanced at by anyone beneath her secretary), and her own ripped-out notebook pages with her cramped handwriting are strewn over the couch, the coffee table, the floor.

a couple of wine bottles are wedged next to a burnt-bottomed pan, contents mostly full and most certainly abandoned in favor of the half-empty handle of whiskey right beside them. 

for the first time in sixteen hours, freya is asleep. 

and then, just as she dips into blissful REM, she is thrust back into consciousness. bleary-eyed, she stumbles out of the tub, scrabbling for purchase on the bathroom threshold, out into the bedroom and then the tiny living room, to see another ghost. 

she blinks, looks around at all of her things, contemplates her embarrassment, and then picks her way into the kitchen to put a pot of brown go-go juice on.

"did you break into my hotel room just to insult me?" she says, and then, "coffee?"
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
saint bluebell [dd, c]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 22:14:41 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
She freezes midstep, caught in the act like some anime caricature of a ninja, or someone doing a really slow version of Michael Jackson’s Thriller.

When it’s clear seventeen hundred and fifty-two dragons aren’t about to launch out of the piles of junk at her, she relaxes, frowning. Freya looks even worse than she does and that’s saying something considering there’s still bone exposed in her leg.

“No, I actually broke into your hotel room to-- never mind. Deal with it later. Sure. Coffee.” She shoves the letter in her back pocket and stoops to collect an errant plastic cup that had toppled over on its side, sliding it into another, and beginning to help tidy up. “You… uh… doing okay? What happened?”

notes
(the mission is 'hush')

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
saint bluebell [dd, c]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 22:45:25 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the last she'd spoken to cygne, the woman had been remorseful. forlorn. left wanting and starving for something just out of reach. freya had known the feeling - does know the feeling - and that moment of respite they shared in the middle of the damned sea is what makes freya think she's not here to do something stupid like try to assassinate her. 

"i don't have cream," she says flatly as she follows the rhythm of shaking out the grounds and measuring water (after dumping out a day(???)-old pot and giving it a very quick rinse). 

what happened?

the machine whirs to life. she offhandedly opens the cupboard under the sink so cygne can see where the trash can is. no sense stopping her robber from cleaning up the place.

"nothing, in the grand scheme of things," she says and rubs a crusty out of her eye. after a pause, while the coffee sputters and drips against glass, she sighs again and adds, "love is painful."
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
saint bluebell [dd, c]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 23:03:58 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
“Honey, you ain’t got a lotta things. Cream is the least of your concerns.”

Last she’d spoken to Cygne, she’d taken her out back and Old Yeller’d her. Real well and good, too, because things had a way of coming back, in Hoenn.

“Like… washer/dryer? Stove? Oven?” She crushes a series of cups and takeout boxes into the trash, pushing it way down. “Permanent mailing address where you can receive correspondence from your legions of adoring fans?”

Freya leans against the countertop and looks worn and weary in a way that greatly heartens her. This was the second strongest woman she knew. If she could have bad days, maybe it wasn’t so far-fetched for the rest of them.

“Ain’t it just,” she says, moving onto the various glass components strewn about the room, “but don’t tell me you’ve been laid low over boy troubles?”

Knowing Freya, It was probably something extra gnarly. Like, he was dead, or some shit.

notes
(the mission is 'hush')

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
saint bluebell [dd, c]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 23:24:34 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

oh, doesn't she know it. no matter how tightly she grasps at the things she loves most, they always have a stubborn habit of slipping through her fingers like sand. and she hates sand. 

"i have a hot pot," she says and waves a hand at the single camping burner with the aforementioned scorched pan on top of it. she had learned, while coughing through the smoke, that she could not a. focus long enough to cook and b. the hotel room's fire alarms do not work. 

"i haven't had a mailing address for a while," she admits. even before the hotel. it's not like she could put down her permanent residence as king's bar. turncoat king wayland's bar, owned by turncoat king wayland (though it's undoubtedly under a pseudonym, but that would still just be inviting trouble to show up at his door). 

more trouble than she's already invited. 

"no. yes, but no. it's complicated." isn't it always? "i think i might be a bad person."

the coffee maker beeps and she fishes around for a couple more cardboard cups. she has the decency to pour cygne's first. her own, she cradles in chapped hands; the first sip, in actuality, consists of a couple of scalding gulps. the caffeine buzzes through her veins. 

she yawns. 

"you look different." she refills her cup and then steps neatly over a hand broom and dustpan, abandoned in the midst of cleaning up some broken glass. she trudges through the living room and goes to the sliding glass door that leads to the balcony. it's unlocked. 

"this would have been an easier way in," she says, grunting as she tugs the heavy door open. a wrought iron bistro set waits for bodies and quiet, romantic companionship. freya offers her seat some sweat-stained pants and a mess of tangled silver hair.

"there's a laundromat down the street too. apartments require leases and a lease is a commitment." she takes another sip and tucks her legs up under her.
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
saint bluebell [dd, c]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 23:41:35 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
“...it is a pot that gets hot, you got me there,” she says, making a face at the aforementioned piece of-- honestly-- miraculous engineering.

“Isn’t that, like, a thing you need to have a job?” she asks, stacking up glass bottles on the counter. They clink against each other quietly. “Like, a real job. Not a Rocket nepotism money job.”

She’s got a whole section of countertop dedicated to dark glass bottles and Freya’s next statement has her throwing her head back and cackling. “HA!”

red hot blood pumping muscle shredding bone and bone and bone and bone--

“I think it’s subjective,” is what she says, eventually. She takes the proffered cup from Freya and cheerses her, silently. “The good person thing. Like, um. The standards by which we are judged. Are subjective.”

She settles back against the opposite counter and sips her own coffee, relishing the feeling of warm against her lips.

“I am different,” she says, in response.

Following Freya across the hotel suite, she can’t help but snicker.

“I-- well, in all honesty, this has been pretty easy. Again, subjective.” She plops in the chair and looks out over the city. She’s wearing all black-- turtleneck, pants, calf boots, gloves. “I just wanted to… get you a message, I guess.” She pulls it out of her pants pocket, now-- creased and slightly smudged yellow legal paper-- and tosses it on the table. “I was gonna write you a letter but I don’t have much faith in the postal system at the mo’. But I also didn’t expect you to be moonlight sonata and a screwtop bottle of wine on the goddamn floor, so.”

notes
(the mission is 'hush')

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
saint bluebell [dd, c]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 0:44:53 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"they seemed fairly understanding, considering the circumstances surrounding my family's estate," she says without sliding her gaze over to cygne. she balances the cup on her drawn knees, dimpling her fingertips against it to keep it balanced. it had been a bit of a white lie, glossing over her residency as she did, but at the very least, it's true now

"then subjectively, i think i might be a bad person. does it frustrate you? that it never matters how we might feel about the things we do? even if we have to do them when we don't want to, we're...sorry."

she frowns. nudges the lip of the cup against her lips and just lets it rest there. the coffee smell wafts under her nose. steam dews her upper lip. 

the paper draws her from her listless staring. she sets the cup down on the tiny table in lieu of picking up the letter. thumb tucked under it, she opens and reads it with an expression of disinterest. and then tucks it back in the envelope.

"again with the insults. i'm going through something, okay?" she says moodily, but it lacks any substantial venom.

"a job, huh? i could use a maid. clearly." her nose twitches. "you still involved with rocket?"
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
saint bluebell [dd, c]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 0:59:15 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
She listens to Freya talk, sipping the bitterness in her cup, and considering.

“Yeah, of course it’s frustrating. It fucking sucks. Though I think there’s always a choice… but sometimes, it’s not really a choice.” She squints into the middle distance. “Or… it seems like there’s a choice to outside people but to you there’s really not. Subjectivity. Objectivity?” She taps one finger on the side of her her head, pressing. “Sorry. Not a lot of room for deepthinks, apparently. Why do you think you’re a bad person?”

Freya reads her note and, as expected, seems to find it wanting.

“It’s not an insult. It’s an observation. It’s a song about drinking an entire bottle of screwtop wine and jumping off a cliff. Which seems pertinent to your situation, right now.”

She sits back and peers in at the chaos of the hotel suite. “Yeah, but, like. It’s a hotel. So you get maid service. I was thinking more like, I dunno,” she shrugs, tugs at her turtleneck, “feed the dragons. Bring the message that winter is coming. Shit like that. I made one hell of a delivery girl back in the day.” A faint beat. “I think.”

At the mention of Rocket, a bonedeep pain shoots through her left arm. She rubs a hand over the seam at her collarbone, feeling the skin there stretch.

“No. I mean, I know some people who get me some things, and I get them some things in return, but I’m not on payroll, anymore.” She closes her eyes, breathes out. “I’m not Pro-League by any sense of the word. But I’d like to think I’m more of an… independent contractor.”

notes
(the mission is 'hush')

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
saint bluebell [dd, c]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 1:36:50 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

cygne chases herself around and around, mimicking freya's own internal monologue. at the end of the day, she'd had a choice. she could relive becoming an oathbreaker, knowing she could have done something. she could sacrifice the region for her own self-serving interest or she could swallow her pain, step above what he made of her, and pay back her debts. 

she could unshackle her ghosts and free herself from torment. 

and he made a villain out of her. worse, as she grappled with her own acceptance of self, drowning after losing everything that made her a morningstar, he smeared her namesake with that of the enemy. 

she cannot forgive him for that.

she cannot forgive herself for the truth. 

"the choices i make, inevitably, always, hurt people," she says. 

a snicker. "maybe i'll give it a listen. i don't get maid service, by the way. too embarrassed to let them in. or maybe they told me they wouldn't come around anymore. honestly, i don't really remember the conversation."

she rubs at her face, perpetual sleepiness stuck on like a stringent mask. "you got a civilian name? something not connected? or we could put you through the amnesty system. get you out there the right way. atone for your...delivery sins. you think?"

the rest of her coffee is somehow gone. she doesn't remember finishing it. alas, she leaves the empty cup on the table and leans back, tucking a frayed braid behind her ear.

in the past, she's been careful about how she asks this, but arceus, she's so tired."do you remember galar?"
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
saint bluebell [dd, c]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 2:34:07 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
She shrugs. “Yeah. Probably. But that sort of happens when you matter. To people. To a place. When you’re important. When you have power.” It’s such a funny concept, now; she has vague notions of it being important, once. “I think the fact that whatever it is is bugging you says more about whether you’re a good person or not than just having to make the choice in the first place.”

Freya says she doesn’t get any sort of room service.

“Aw, shoot,” she handwaves at the chaos within the suite, the metal of her wrist tink-tinking with the motion, “it’s not that bad. They work in hotel sanitation. I’m certain they’ve seen worse.” At least if you were to shine a blacklight around in there, it wasn’t liable to light up like a summer festival. Ee-yuck.

“I’ve been going by Ana. Ana Z. Fell. Got an I.D and everything.” She runs a hand through her hair and… twitches, a bit. It’s shorter than she’s used to. “I never thought about the-- amnesty thing. Because I’ve never-- I didn’t-- I don’t know. It’s complicated. Cygne wasn’t important enough to matter, anyhow. Just another dumb grunt throwing herself down the meat grinder fun chute.”

Freya asks if she remembers Galar.

Fight fight pain pain sad sad your body is not your own anymore.

“No.”

She doesn’t flinch, doesn’t jump. It doesn’t evoke any real feelings in her.

“I did, at one point.”

Sad sad broken BROKEN you have had everything you will ever have you will never have it again.

“I remember remembering.”

GOLDEN RESPLENDENT BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN

“But it was one of the first things to go.”

notes
(the mission is 'hush')

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
saint bluebell [dd, c]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 5:46:23 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

this is the human condition, she tells her. with love comes pain and suffering. with happiness comes an equal weight of grief. the cost of closeness and intimacy is the weight of loss and she has quickly come to loathe it. 

"i don't think knowing you're doing something shitty makes it better when you do the shitty thing," she says. she's so wrapped up in all of it, looked at it from every which way, she can't make sense of what's shit and what's not

if she let elisa have fernando, it would cripple the region. 

and you would be free, finally free. and he wouldn't find king or delta and you could make everything right. you could go back.

"valid point. i can at least say since, er, moving in, that i haven't contributed to the pollock of semen stains that are probably all over the bedroom."

her reaction to galar is different than the rest. almost, and this may sound callous, as though she were glitching. recognition flashes in the woman's eyes, the slightest tightening, loosening, tightening, and freya ends up turning the other cheek, tilting to look up at the sky. 

at least she has a nice view from here. 

"first things to go? it tried to get away from me, at first, but i kept writing it all down. i read it when i start to forget." passages of pain and heartache and grief and brief glimpses of a love fought for over the course of two decades. 

she prays it is not a memento to a love lost. 

"ana then. okay. nice to meet you. can you still fight like you did? and is your arm okay?"
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
saint bluebell [dd, c]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 11:20:56 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
“Doesn’t make it feel better, but, means you care.” She takes a small sip of her coffee and looks at Freya across the table. Behind her nest of silver hair, the sky is beginning to turn pink. “There’s… not a lot in the world that makes things feel better. It’s a random lottery of meaningless tragedy and a series of near escapes. So.”

Her left shoulder in dropped in a shrug and then rose with a whirring noise.

“But you’re making hard decisions, right? And instead of just being, like, oh, who cares, fuck it, you’re here, feeling miserable. It’s kind of a catch-22. Making the decisions may make you a quote-unquote bad person but being unable to make them without feeling like shit means you’re not a bad person.”

She’s sort of just talking, now. She’s never been the most articulate person… but she gets the feeling Freya could use God’s own court’s jester to fill the silence deafening her head.

“And then there’s the fact-- well-- I’m assuming this has something to do with, like, not plunging the region into Legendary based nuclear holocaust, or something. Because it’s Hoenn. Which… I don’t know, Freya. If it were me, I’d have said fuck it, a long time ago. Let it all burn. So if you didn’t do that-- again, I’m assuming here, but everything still looks more or less intact. So. I guess what I’m trying to say is… good job?”

It’s cheap, she knows; stark, empty praise, surely nothing compared to the sucking mire that is Freya’s sadness. The gnawing, hungry cavern of her own wants versus the decisions she’s making that are good for the region.

“I think…” She focuses on the pattern of loops and metal on the table; kaleidoscopic undulating, empty space, everything rounded and turned over itself so as to be one-sided. Metal weave-- this, but infinitely smaller-- makes very good muscular replacing material. “I… remembered too much. It was a burden. So I got rid of it.”

Amongst other things.

“I was… too good, then, I think. It was…” she opens her hands in the air, like shaping an invisible globe, like trying to reach for something and not being able to, “...the sense of it is like having an overachieving older sister that you’ll never measure up to.” Her hands drop in her lap, the feeling lost. “It’s better this way.”

At the mention of her arm, her whole face lights up.

“Fuck yes, I can still fight. And-- my arm is great, actually." She's giddy like a schoolchild, scooting forward in her chair. "It will never break again. Never hurt again. I have the lifting power of an Olympic athlete. It’s my favorite part of me.” She tugs off her left glove and the cold metal glints in the distant, rising sun. She looks down at her palm, considering. “The only reason I stopped at one is because I ran out of material.”

notes
(the mission is 'hush')

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
saint bluebell [dd, c]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 4:05:19 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"and all the good caring's done for me," she says, which isn't really fair of her to say, not when she knows and doesn't know that cyg - ana's been through hell and back too and here she is, drinking her shitty coffee and telling her that maybe it's really all that bad, but maybe she's not all that bad. 

pink bleeds quickly into red over the thin clouds hanging above them. the stars are nigh nonexistent, but that does not stop her from searching the tinged lilac, a fruitless endeavor that leaves her stupidly irate. or maybe that's because ana's bringing that tantalizing nightmare out of its box and across the table. each exhaustive, waking moment is another where her willpower slips, where her army of over a hundred strong promises her, in hisses and snarls, that they will be enough to end it all. 

and then, the forgetting. the forgetting of the remembering and freya understands, really understands. to the point where, while she is still searching for those stupid, invisible stars, as far away as they've ever been, she does not notice the wetness crawling down her cheeks.

"you remade yourself," she says in a reverent whisper, tearing her gaze from the sky to look at the glinting craftsmanship before her. 

"i let someone else make me before. hurt me before." she uncurls from herself and reaches a hesitant hand out, asking with her eyes if she can touch. and then it's fingertips on warm metal, beautifully complicated joints connecting lovingly forged knucklebones. 

"because i wanted to stop caring. i wanted to forget that i ever wanted to care." she stares intently at the swirling pattern she makes on ana's palm, the small of her wrist. "and i told him if he gave me what i wanted, i would die for him. he had to let me die. and he said yes, and he spun madness inside of me, and i got what i wanted for a very long time.

"and i took from him, and took, and took, and he fed me, and i did not know what else to do, but i could have done anything else. i thought i was a monster; so a monster he made me.

"but i wasn't...a monster. i was just hurt. grieving. had just died. my parents had just died. i had no one, ana, except for him."
it's ten feet away from her, the meat at the table, the chemical makeup that makes freya who she is, the laws of reality and physics that keep her atoms from colliding with the table. with the impossible arm of a stranger/enemy/ally in front of her. 

"and then i met a stupid man who punched me so hard in the face, it literally knocked the insanity out of me." here, where she wavers, five feet away now, the director standing behind an actor reading a script in a flat voice. it shakes. she shakes. the metal is not warm and it is not cold under her hand.

"i stopped taking and i started coming back to myself and i started feeling and it was so awful, but it was also okay because king was there. but there was a moment, in the kitchen of an apartment just like the one i fucking viewed last week, that fernando looked at me and he told me he would not let me die. that he was never going to give me what i wanted and it didn't matter that i didn't want to die anymore. he lied and i sought out a fucking god and he...

"lost his."

hot breath on her lips, eyes rimmed, the weight of this world she's created sitting on thinning shoulders, "but i have to fulfill my promise. the one i didn't keep the first time. and i have to stop the other woman he's hurt from hurting him. and king doesn't - didn't - understand and it's killing me."

she catches herself now, hand lingering in ana's own, blinks glassy gold, and says, "it's beautiful, too, you know. this. that you made it - that you made you you."
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
saint bluebell [dd, c]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 17:13:44 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Freya sort of kicks back in her chair and glares angrily at the sky. Ana doesn’t take it personally. Nothing she says will be able to fix what’s going on in that pretty, damaged head; but then, that’s not her job, not really. That’s not what Freya really wants, either, she thinks.

She watches the tears crawl rather sneakily down Freya’s face. Knows she never meant to let them go.

“I… did, yeah,” she says, in a voice that’s a little soft and a little strong at the same time. “Mostly by accident,” she adds, before Freya goes getting ideas.

Soft, strong fingers glide gently over the seams in the metal, the remnants of variant pressure differences that took forever to get right, the hours and hours of painstaking love to make a hand that looked real and functioned. She lets the tension in her wrist go slack so Freya can just sort of… play with it.

Then she’s talking. It’s vulnerable, and, like the tears, she wonders if Freya really realizes what she’s saying. She listens, intent, scooting forward ever so slightly so Freya would know she’s really here, really present, really hearing, really caring.

Something inside her crackled and snapped and roared to angry life, a fire breaking free of months of apathetic brumation. Freya’s story makes her angry, makes her want to turn into a gigantic nuclear war bubble that expands and protects the woman while decimating all of her enemies at the same time. It scrapes against the empty spaces in her memory in a way that puts her spine on edge. It's so familiar it aches.

andthroughitsalltheriseandfallthebodiesinthestreetsandwhenyouregonewewantyoualltoknow

Freya goes to recede and metal fingers close softly around the sides of her palm, pointer finger vertical along her radius. And as Freya talks she slowly, ever so slowly, with the kind of soft movement that should be impossible with a lesser prosthetic, twists their hands so they’re palm together, fingers slotting into empty spaces, gunmetal gray and pale skin and cold and discordant and somehow also perfect and human.

“The thing,” she says, after a long time, “about being remade, is it hurts. No matter who does it.” She licks her dry lips, considering. “All of it hurts. From the levels of apathy you’re drowning in before to the actual reconstruction.” Her flesh hand goes to the jagged, knotty scar around her neck, brushes over her throat.

“Just the fact that you’re even considering helping him after what he did to you means you’re a good person. Full stop. Decision made. No one swoops in at a person's lowest and takes advantage of them and remains defendable by merit. But I think it's also hard for people who love you to see you aid people who've hurt you. It reminds them that they didn't protect you enough, before, even when it wasn't, like, possible. I think I was like that once. I think that's part of what I needed to forget.”

She thrums her metallic thumb over the side of Freya's hand.

"But if they really love you, they'll figure it out, eventually. Either it'll finally sink in or they'll get over it. Because it means bein' with you."

notes
(the mission is 'hush')