enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
I’m haunted like a wolf. I feed, I feed like a wolf. I’m lost and I’m lonely, I hunger for you only.
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
the daddening
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 21:54:19 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"] “I leave everything in your very capable hands,” he concluded, a short nod given to the day manager who had been jotting down his instructions on a work tablet. Because of course, Enzo couldn’t step away from the Nimbus without checking things over several times before actually making it out the door. They were maybe ten minutes behind schedule. It was fine. Except now Miu, where he’d hoisted her up onto his shoulders, was now lightly drumming on his head impatiently. “Yes, we’re on our way now Miu, don’t worry.”[break][break]
“Uh, boss..”[break][break]
Except apparently they weren’t. Enzo stopped mid stride as the concierge approached. An apprehensive look shadowed the man’s face, as if he felt bad for interrupting their departure. Because, well, he probably knew well that interruption was never one of Enzo’s favored things. Even among his most senior staff. But he was perhaps feeling a bit lighthearted right then–a rarity to not be taken lightly.[break][break]
At least for right then.[break][break]
“Yes, what is it?” Absently his hands rose to stop Miu from continuing to use the top of his head as a bongo. “We’re just leaving. If you have any concerns, you know that you can direct them to Helena and she can handle it just fine, Tobias.”[break][break]
With the way Tobias was wringing his hands together, it seemed that he could not, in fact, direct his concerns to Helena. “Well, yes, of course sir. It’s just that–” he leaned forward, eyes flitting to the side in indication. “There is a boy at the desk who refuses to leave.”[break][break]
Enzo frowned as he looked over the man’s shoulder to the desk across the lobby. True to Tobias’ word, there was a blond boy parked there, no more than thirteen or fourteen, but still skinny as a reed. All awkward, new height and folded arms as he leaned against the edge with indifferent eyes. It felt familiar, in an odd way. He shook off the strange sensation. “So? Have security toss him, if he loiters outside, he’ll have bigger problems than hotel personnel soon enough.”[break][break]
“Ah, yes, I did make him aware of that, but the thing is, sir–”[break][break]
Once again, the poor concierge was interrupted, though more by his own halting that time as it seemed the boy caught Enzo looking. Across the room, their eyes connected, and again he was struck with that odd pang. His worker looked back over his shoulder then toward Enzo again. The little punk had slouched up off the desk and was beelining it for them, hands in his pockets. Or well, beelining as in shuffling in an apathetic teenage sort of way. With intention.[break][break]
“–he keeps insisting that he’s your son.” the agitated whisper caused Enzo’s attention to snap back toward Tobias, and then slowly, his stare drifted sideways toward Kosei. “Sorry, come again?”[break][break]
“Hilarious, getting all of my staff in on a little prank.” Funny joke, right? Really went the extra mile to make it realistic, right?

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- PAPA

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.enzo]--accent:#8D5E82;[/newclass]
[newclass=.enzo]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo.body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

kosei
he/him
Sept 3
rustboro city, hoenn
pansexual
maker of many mistakes
associate
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
186 posts
Kosei Kiryu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kosei
Kosei Kiryu
the daddening
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 14:24:32 GMT
Kosei Kiryu Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ko"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Miu was growing restless, impatient. Most of the time, he didn't entertain her impatience, even if she got it from him. Right then, he was feeling pretty eager to get on as well, after all he was even more impatient and prompt than she was. Though their motivations were entirely different. Of course, they wouldn't make it far, as there were usually at least one or two distractions that kept Enzo from progressing. Most of the time, the goal was to get him out of the hotel before anything went awry. It wouldn't be the first time that plans were tossed aside because Enzo was unwilling to let go during work hours. In truth, Kosei should have felt proud of him, considering his work ethic was historically shite.
[break][break]
Right then, however, he wasn't feeling motivated by work ethic, thus he really wanted to leave.
[break][break]

He sighed as the concierge spoke up. It was like clockwork here. He half expected it by this point though Enzo always looked so surprised by the disruption to their plans. With a beleaguered glance, he looked down at his watch. Relax, it's not that big of a deal. Time anxiety aside, he wasn't gonna nag Enzo for something he couldn't control.
[break][break]

As he glanced back up, he noticed the boy before maybe even Enzo did and was struck by deja vu so strong that it was like a weight in his stomach. His lips pinched, the thought simmering in the back of his head before it became quite clear. "Um Miu, why don't you give Enzo a break? You can ride on my shoulders." She didn't protest too much as that would mean she'd stand taller than anyone else in the room.
[break][break]

Son.
[break][break]

He might have choked on the oxygen right then. Why did it feel like he'd seen this coming? "Uhhh Enzo...." Did it even need to be said that the punk walking up to them like they owned the place was the spitting image? No probably not. Enzo would remain in denial regardless. He'd just have to sit back and watch it play out.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

[break]

daddy

[googlefont=Poppins]

[newclass=.ko]--accent:#D4D4D4;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ko]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko.body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
I’m haunted like a wolf. I feed, I feed like a wolf. I’m lost and I’m lonely, I hunger for you only.
awards
292 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
the daddening
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 22:26:17 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]The last thing Enzo wanted was for Miu (and Kosei) to begin grousing because he was holding them up. It was an inevitable extension of their departure, because it happened every time they attempted to leave the Nimbus with any sort of planned itinerary in mind.[break][break]
But he couldn’t help it! The Nimbus was his baby, the thing he’d poured all of his effort into. The ultimate distraction from the mess his life had become when he’d first got his hands on the building. Long before it had been erected and expanded into what it was now. Back when they had been two little punks trying to make something of themselves, and then just…him.[break][break]
Okay, so he’d needed the distraction and something to fixate on so that he didn’t think about his crippling loneliness (something he was certain to, aha, lovingly heckle Kosei about now.) Sue him.[break][break]
All this to say, it wasn’t much of a surprise that he got held up on the way out the door, but Enzo was trying. He could feel Miu’s messing up the careful part in his hair in her growing impatience. But it certainly wasn’t his fault that his staff, or maybe his partner, was in the business of playing silly little tricks on him.[break][break]
Enzo continued to stare, smile stretched taut. “What? You even pay some kid hanging out to do this?” The careful tailoring of his speech began to slip, trending back toward the rowdy way he’d spent most of his early life speaking in. He forced a laugh, eyes darting between Kosei and his attendant and the kid quickly sauntering up with a sort of lazy indifference that still touted a special sort of self-importance that Enzo willfully attempted to not recognize.[break][break]
Another dry sputter of laughter as he gave them a look. “Ya got me,”he reiterated, but there wasn’t any comfort in the face he was met with. His concierge looked ill, the kid looked smug, and when Kosei turned his attention to Miu, and lifted her off of Enzo’s shoulders, his stomach turned over.[break][break]
‘Sup, Pops.’[break][break]
“Kosei..” he echoed back, out of the corner of his mouth in a tone that said help sos, please say sike right now. Enzo’s stare remained on the boy, no more than probably fourteen. god, that woulda meant he’d been no more than eighteen or nineteen himself when…when.[break][break]
Aw, fuck.[break][break]
Enzo cleared his throat roughly and forced his expression to neutralize as much as he could manage. “There’s no way you’re my kid,” he said after a moment, breezily in an attempt to brush the baby conman off.[break][break]
‘Ma knew you’d say that. Remember her? Nina?’[break][break]
His expression twisted up in thought, “Nope, no Nina’s.” He waved it off, even though his brain immediately scrolled back to the exact face in memory.[break][break]
‘She said you say that too.’ It was annoying that even if he refuted it, there was no denying it. It was like he’d gone through a copy machine and spit out a mini version of himself at that age. Same sandy blond hair, same violet eyes. The same arrogant sharpness in his triumphant smile It’d be easier if he’d favored his mother.[break][break]
Kosei wasn’t gonna let him live this down. Especially after Enzo had loudly boasted about never spawning a surprise child. Numerous times.[break][break]
It was fine, he could handle this. Kid probably wanted something from him. He could deal with it. “Got a name, punk?”[break][break]
‘Nico.’[break][break]
“Well, we’ve got somewhere to be, Nico. Unless you wanna go to the zoo.” He froze, head slowly swiveling toward Kosei like it was on a hinge, his expression blatantly asking Please tell me I didn’t actually just do that, as his eyes went round, smile forced.[break][break]
‘Zoo’s baby shit, but yeah sure. I’ll go.’ The boy drawled, one shoulder shrugging as he looked up and away as if he found the ornate staircase molding more interesting. Intentional indifference, intentional insult. Too late to backpedal now, then. [break][break]

Had he woken up in his own personal hell? Did he die in his sleep or something??

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- PAPA

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.enzo]--accent:#8D5E82;[/newclass]
[newclass=.enzo]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo.body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".enzo .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

kosei
he/him
Sept 3
rustboro city, hoenn
pansexual
maker of many mistakes
associate
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
186 posts
Kosei Kiryu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kosei
Kosei Kiryu
the daddening
POSTED ON May 8, 2024 19:03:49 GMT
Kosei Kiryu Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ko"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Under normal circumstances, Kosei would have complained. He was prompt. It was an unfortunate side-effect of being in a military family. When something was planned at a specific time, he wanted to be there on time. Of course, being around Enzo for so long had bred some complacency and forgiveness for tardiness, but not enough to excuse it entirely. Right then, there was no way in hell he was going to complain or risk anything that might compromise whatever the hell was going on.
[break][break]
So he gawked, like a fly-catcher, mouth open and eyes darting between the two. The kid was such a likeness for his partner that it was almost unsettling. It also made so much goddamn sense and he wanted to rub Enzo's face in it after so many years of dealing with jabs that he was the one to knock someone up. At least that someone had been his partner at the time, as terrible as she had been.
[break][break]
"Enzo, just look at him." He didn't need to say anything more than that. The kid was his carbon copy, insolence included.
[break][break]
Kosei...
[break][break]
He held his hand up, other one hoisting Miu up for a better grip. "Nope, I'm staying out of this."
[break][break]
Then Enzo invited the kid. Kosei gave him a look. "Yeah sure, come along." Miu was scowling not sure what to think of what was going on. She was perfectly inscrutable, but it was clear she didn't like anyone who took attention from her. "Daddy, whose that kid?"
[break][break]
"Alright then, time to go." He prompted, spinning around.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

[break]

daddy

[googlefont=Poppins]

[newclass=.ko]--accent:#D4D4D4;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ko]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko.body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ko .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]

[/quote]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights