target practice [o]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
target practice [o]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 19:53:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","idris"]
[attr="class","text"]

a dull 'thud' echoed within a particular training room. as a sharp throwing knife sliced through the air and embedded itself into the straw body that lay at the other side of the otherwise barren room.
[break][break]
rocket, despite all of it's advancements and sciences paled in comparison to traditional training concepts. not that it was wrong per say. it's just idris felt training with physical targets more useful than some fancy light show.
[break][break]
call him "old" or "stuck in his ways" but he was right, damn it!
[break][break]
another 'whistle' and a 'thud' could be heard as he hit the target right in it's center. bullseye. as always. he still had it. even after years of fighting. and he would be damned if he let his skills go dull. he still had work to do. and even when he didn't he had to be ready at a moment's notice for a call.
[break][break]
for what use was a hound that didn't heed its master's command?
[break][break]
'a damn useless and dead one, that's for sure.'
[break][break]
out of knives he padded across the expanse of the room. and as he proceeded to yank out the various weapons his sharp ears perked at the sound of the training room door sliding open.
[break][break]
tilting his head slightly, yet not turning towards the intruder he continued on his merry work of collecting the scattered weaponry. while throwing out a greeting to the person who decided to make themselves welcome.
[break][break]
"good evening, or is it morning? anyways, wasn't expecting anyone in here so late.

[break][break]

finally turning to face them he looked at them with a curious yet guarded gaze.

[break][break]
"need something?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]@tag
[break]

NOTES

training shenanigans! [break]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.idris]--accent:#c70b09;[/newclass]
[newclass=.idris]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".idris b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".idris i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".idris u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".idris a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".idris h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".idris h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".idris .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".idris .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".idris .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".idris .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".idris .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
in the low lamplight i was free, heaven and hell were words to me
awards
613 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
target practice [o]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 21:52:20 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nornery"]
[attr="class","text"]

Onyx hated the sub. [break][break]

It was eternally cold. The recycled air was always stale. Every so often, its bulk would shift, and you’d get the strange sensation of the world heaving under your feet. The pressure played mind-games with people’s… well, minds. He avoided it when he could. [break][break]

But he had nowhere else to go where he could sleep safely. Hell, he couldn’t even sleep safely here. [break][break]

So not much sleeping got done. He frequented the training rooms, always looking for a bit of practice. [break][break]

The mechanical doors parted with a whirr and, to his great dismay, he was not the only person in the room. With his singular, half-lidded eye of permanent disappointment, he watched the dark-haired Rocket pull knives out of a dummy target. Onyx didn’t recognize the man, which wasn’t saying much. He kept himself pretty low-key.[break][break]

"Could be either, for all we can tell on this deathtrap." [break][break]

Onyx crossed the room behind the guy and slung his gym bag off his shoulder against the wall. He pulled one arm across his bare chest and stretched. The huge scars over the top two-thirds of his torso flexed and shifted in the light. [break][break]

“Uh, yeah. To train. You do anything with those besides throw 'em?”
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]@idris
[break]

NOTES

hi i am out of practice

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nornery]--accent:#9B1C47;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nornery]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
target practice [o]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 15:57:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","idris"]
[attr="class","text"]

idris studied the man before him. scars, someone who either had a track record on the battlefield. or... they went through tremendous suffering and pain. the young man felt the instinct to rub at his clothed arm, but refrained. instead he shucked off his jacket. exposing the pathwork of skin.
[break][break]
various sutures and scars criss-crossed his arms and what was visible of his chest from the sleeveless vest he was wearing. the discolored skin that was grafted to replace what he lost made him look like some sort of horror monster. a freak show. but something he had long come to peace with.
[break][break]
here, amongst other fucked up beasts, idris didn't have to hide his disfigurements. they were all a bit broken. some more literally than others. [break][break]he gave an amused smile as he twirled the throwing knife between his fingers. "yes, but they're not the best for stabbing." he pulled out a dagger from both sides, each sheathed at one thigh.
[break][break]
"that's what these are for."
[break][break]
twirling the daggers and holding them correctly in his hands, he smirked playfully.
[break][break]
"wanna see?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

idris challenges onyx to a spar! [break]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.idris]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".idris u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".idris h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".idris h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".idris .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".idris .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
613 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
target practice [o]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 16:48:46 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nornery"]
[attr="class","text"]

The other guy shed his jacket and his skin, too, was a motley assortment of long healed marks. Onyx resisted the urge to snort; something about Rocket really made people crawl face-first into the meat-grinder, huh? Something something, scars and stories, not the fame.
[break][break]
A flash of metal in the training room potlights and the guy produced more knives. Excellent.
[break][break]
He switched his stretching arms, stalking forward.
[break][break]
“Yeah.”

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

let's FIGHT

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nornery]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
target practice [o]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 14:45:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","idris"]
[attr="class","text"]

idris wanted to start out simple.
[break][break]
a warm up. a test of onyx's reflexes, if you will.
[break][break]
slipping into a loose stance it almost looked like he was about to drop his knife with how casual he held it.
[break][break]
then, he sped forward. something akin to a slippery snake pokemon. he lashed out at his fellow rocket. attempting a forward stab motion. it was highly telegraphed. but that was his intent. let's see what kinda hits "mister straub" could get on him.
[break][break]
after all, idris was more than happy to be a test dummy.
[break][break]
for science of course!

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

forgive me i'm trash at fights.[break]
also, idris is a masochist, so lol![break]
kick his ass!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
613 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
target practice [o]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 15:59:52 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nornery"]
[attr="class","text"]

There’s a kind of relaxed, rubberbandy tension that experienced fighters are pretty good at conjuring out of the dark on a reflex. When they dropped into that physical place it usually heralded a sudden charge of forward motion.
[break][break]
Onyx was prepared. He easily dodged back of the stab, then followed Idris’ knife arm with a grip of his own, forearm to forearm, to keep the sharp edge of the blade turned away from his flesh, while aiming a blow at Idris’ jaw with the heel of his palm.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

let's FIGHT

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
target practice [o]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 23:56:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: