played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
i have a dream where you and i have the same dream!
awards
178 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
off the record
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 9:45:11 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","momosakai"]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

dream drop distance

this isn’t a dream, but a hope. [break][break]

she stands there on stage, breathing heavy. the spotlights are on her, still, so bright that she can’t see ten feet past the edge of the stage. so harsh that she can’t spot her parents in the crowd, can’t hear their cheers over the echoing silence. to her left, silque the sylveon stands in repose, ribbon feelers extended to curve around its body, embellishing its body for even a humble bow. [break][break]

did they like the performance? no, did they love it? [break][break]

momo doesn’t know if they did, but what she does know is this: light eats shadow, hope beats despair, and determination shines through stagnation. [break][break]

the silent crowd breaks out into raucous cheers, and momo could cry real tears if they didn’t ruin the gemstones and blush she placed on her cheeks. so instead, she smiles with them, and gives the cursty they all expect of her. silque coos in a beautiful voice, and bows with her trainer at once. [break][break]

they loved it, that much is obvious. but now, their love and affection begets a new question, one filled with countless dreams and endless hopes. [break][break]

do they love it enough to see it again? [break][break]

can she make them love her even more?[break][break]

and then, when the results are finally announced, momo can’t hear her own name amid a flurry of preemptive cheers, but still wonders: [break][break]

is it enough? [break][break]

(in a world they know well, the celebration doesn’t last long. momo shines among the coordinators present, but, much more pressing matters come to be. it doesn’t happen overnight, but days bleed into weeks of stories, worries, rumors. [break][break]

then the hills cresting lavender town’s outskirts go up in flames, and momo gets the distinct feeling that she won’t be performing on stage for a while to come. [break][break]

she gets a lot of feelings that day.) [break][break]

but in this world, her doubts are slowly put to rest. the next day comes and people are raving about her as they’d been the night before, so curious about her, asking what she’s gonna do and when she’s gonna go pro. even teases her about it, and momo becomes a rare-type of shy, tracing a strand of hair back into its place behind her ear, roseate eyes blushing with uncertainty. [break][break]

“so? what’s the plan?” [break][break]

“well, to be honest, i dunno! i mean, i always thought i’d get this far, but i think the main thing for me is…” [break][break]

and it’s then that she’ll look down at her bag. aimi and silque, her first two friends, her only pokemon in all the wide world. do they love the sights that momo sees? do they enjoy the scenes that momo creates? [break][break]

she thinks long and hard about what it is it that a momo sakai wants to do in the big wide world. [break][break]

and she glances back at her best friend, grinning with brightened resolve. “i just wanna make people happy!” [break][break]

[attr="class","momosakaiooc"]

NOTES

• theme: stepping up [break]
• word count: 492 [break]
• sleep score: 200

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.momosakai]--accent:#F08EB2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.momosakai]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai .tag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:18px;font:800 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai .post b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
178 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
off the record
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 2:20:56 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

dream drop distance

“hello everyone! this is maggie tells, lead reporter with the kanto express. today we have a lovely interview with one of the region’s up-and-coming coordinators, miss momo sakai!” [break][break]

the audience applause is deafening. from her place on a plush white armchair, momo waves at the crowd members, smile brightening when she sees some faces she recognizes. her parents, for one. some of her fellow coordinators, for another. [break][break]

the interviewer across from momo signals for the audience to calm down, and momo feels her own heart settling down with them. now, all eyes are on her. [break][break]

she hope her throat doesn’t go dry. [break][break]

maggie says, “alright, so you have to tell me: how does it feel winning the rising star contest in saffron city?” [break][break]

“i honestly can’t believe it’s real,” momo admits. “it’s one of the biggest contests in kanto this time of year, and there were so many coordinators who competed…” [break][break]

“that’s right! almost 50 coordinators, but you were the one chosen as the winner! i know it wasn’t easy, but everyone’s dying to know your secret! what’s the key to success as a coordinator? what did you do differently that all those other coordinators couldn’t do?” [break][break]

those are all good questions, none of them with easy answers. though for momo it’s less about what the others couldn’t do, and more about what she felt was right in her heart. after an appropriate amount of silence (throughout which momo curled up one hand against her cheek and looked off to the side out of thought—an act that maggie comments “look, she’s even adorable when thinking! what a natural!”), momo answers with, “well, ever since i was young, i’ve always had this dream. and it wasn’t just to be a coordinator—but that really helped, hehe!” [break][break]

“oh, for sure! i mean, look at where you are now! and look at all your adoring fans!” [break][break]

cue the screams and cheers from the crowd, though momo brightens up at what she hears. a good amount of it sounds genuine. she laughs softly and says, “thank you everyone! your love and support mean the world to me!” [break][break]

“oh, you absolute sweetheart.” the reporter looks out to the crowd and gauges their interest, smiling at what she sees. “then tell us, momo. what is this dream of yours, the one that inspired you to become a coordinator in the first place?” [break][break]

everyone grows quiet—this is the moment they’ve been waiting for. to know her secrets, her dreams, her modus operandi. what makes a momo a momo? what makes a coordinator shine? [break][break]

and to their delight, momo indulges the answer, as simple and sweet as a peach on a stem. “i just want everyone to be happy. even a simple smile holds a lot of weight, so i want to become someone that inspires joy in other people. win or lose, rise or fall, if i can make someone happy, then that’s all i could ever ask for, really!” [break][break]

NOTES

• theme: aspiration [break]
• word count: 492 [break]
• sleep score: 200 (400 total)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.momosakai]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai .tag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:18px;font:800 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".momosakai .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
178 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
off the record
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 7:36:10 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

dream drop distance

Interview with Star Coordinator: Momo Sakai [break]
written by June Moon [break][break]

JUNE: Hello everyone, my name is June Moon, reporter with Bombirdier Inquirer. And with me today is— [break][break]

MOMO: Hi everyone! My name is Momo Sakai! I’m a coordinator! [break][break]

JUNE: Haha, I think we can all agree that you’re underselling yourself here! For everyone that doesn’t know, our sweet Momo here has racked up quite the reputation in the contest world. I could list out every single accomplishment, but then that’d take up our entire interview time. [break][break]

MOMO: Oh, June, please! I’m so flattered! [break][break]

JUNE: Just to cover the bases, you won the Rising Star Contest in Kanto, you won the Coordinator Elites Clash in Kanto, and you won fan favorite during the Kanto-Johto Contest Gauntlet, in which you placed an irritating second when it should’ve been first! And to top those amazing accomplishments all off, you’ve won over a dozen ribbons in Sinnoh, plus you gained your sixth win in Hoenn just last week. And here, in sunny Alola, you’ve entered the Sunny Day Contest Week, making it all anyone on the islands can talk about! Is that right? [break][break]

MOMO: Wow, when you say it like that, I really have been busy! [break][break]

JUNE: Yup! So, you got to tell us, Momo. How do you balance such a busy life? It seems like you’re traveling all over the place these days! Any tips for staying sane in the world of contests? [break][break]

MOMO: Of course! While being a coordinator requires a ton of training and practice, just like any other occupation in life, I make sure I get plenty of rest and downtime in between! [break][break]

JUNE: Oh yeah, there’s no doubt about that. We already anticipated a lot of fans would be curious about your hobbies outside of contests, so I’ve prepared a few fun questions for you to answer about your normal life outside the stage. Ready? [break][break]

MOMO: Born ready, Miss June! [break][break]

JUNE: Okay! So first question, is it true that you sew your own costumes? [break][break]

MOMO: Yup! I learned how to sew and knit ever since I was young, and when I was just starting out, I’d try and save money by making my own costumes! [break][break]

JUNE: How resourceful! So, this picture of you in your iconic peach blossom dress, that’s one you made yourself? [break][break]

MOMO: Yeah! Actually, all my outfits are still handmade. [break][break]

JUNE: No way—all of them? [break][break]

MOMO: Well, to be fair, not the entire thing is made from scratch. I have to buy the materials, still, and sometimes the little accessories like bows or ties can be bought ready-made, as well! [break][break]

JUNE: Still, what an accomplishment! No wonder you’ve earned many fans based on wardrobe alone! So then what about this question: What do you do to relax after a stressful day? [break][break]

MOMO: I love to take really fancy bubble baths with all the add-ons! Bath salts, rose petals, you name it! Oooh, and I love playing games. Gacha games especially! So I’ll sit on the couch and play my games for a while. Recently I’ve been into some adventuring games, dungeons and quests and stuff. It’s so fun! [break][break]

JUNE: Great. I’m sure some of your nerdier fans will get a real kick out of that one! Last question for now: What’s a food you absolutely have to eat no matter what? [break][break]

MOMO: I have a huge sweet tooth, but to be honest, nothing hits the spot like some star-shaped sugar candies! The ones from my hometown, Lavender Town, are the best! [break][break]

NOTES

• theme: recreation [break]
• word count: 583 [break]
• sleep score: 200 (600 total)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
178 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
off the record
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 9:21:10 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

dream drop distance

“you have how much money?”  [break][break]

“um… almost a million pokedollars?”
[break][break]

“momo?” is agape, shocked, stunned. but most of all, they are impressed. they let out a low whistle. “well you should’ve told me what a stable job being a coordinator is…if i knew, i’d have joined you ages ago.” [break][break]

she laughs, cheeks blooming pink with equal parts pride and embarrassment. “you know that wouldn’t have worked out the same! not that i don't think you're the fighting type, but not every coordinator gets to succeed the way i did. and it’s not just my contest winnings, either. a lot of that money comes from all those commercials and sponsors and collaborations with other celebrities…everything just kinda, sorta, piled on together.” [break][break]

“right. as in, you’re rich enough to buy a house for yourself. maybe even two.” shigure smiles softly. “well, congrats. what are you gonna do with all the money?” [break][break]

“i’m gonna buy a house!” [break][break]

“wait, seriously?”
[break][break]

“yup! that’s the plan!”  [break][break]

“a whole house, just for yourself?”
[break][break]

“yeah, but for any of my friends or family who’d want to visit, too.”  [break][break]

“...” [break][break]

“we could have sleepovers together, just like old times!” [break][break]

“momo,” shigure begins to say, “you know you could just ask me to hang out? you don’t need to buy an entire house just for that.” [break][break]

“hehe, i know that! that’s not the only reason i want the house!”
[break][break]

“oh?” they tilt their head slightly, the tease in their voice mellowing out, but never fully going away. a faint smile. “what are your other reasons, then?” [break][break]

“i just want…” i want my parents to be happy, i want my friends to be happy! [break][break]

i want to be your bastion—i want to be someone that other people can turn to!
[break][break]

and i want to make it easier for you to see me! because i miss you! it’s like i haven’t seen you in so long, and yet… [break][break]

…yet i have almost everything else i want. so what else could i even ask for, anyway? what else? [break][break]

but instead, momo shrugs, and says: [break][break]

“i want a place of my own. a place i can share with other people.” then she looks up at shigure, smiling. he’s one of her oldest friends, after all. he knows her better than almost anyone else. “would you come visit?” [break][break]

“of course. i’d come visit even if you were just roughing it out in a tent somewhere.” he shrugs, easy, unaffected. [break][break]

momo grins. “thanks. i knew i could always count on you!” they start walking towards the sweets shop, the one that sells the candies momo likes, and the boba tea drinks that shigure likes, too. they head there together, momo’s laughter and pealing voice resonating throughout: “also, i got a whole year free with this one streaming service as a gift, so we’re going to have a lot of binging to get through!” [break][break]

shigure whistles lowly. “i’ll bring the popcorn, then.” [break][break]

NOTES

• theme: wealth [break]
• word count: 487 [break]
• sleep score: 200 (800 total)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
178 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
off the record
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 6:36:14 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

dream drop distance

the question that echoes within momo is this: [break][break]

what do you want the future to look like? [break][break]

it’s easy enough to imagine what could’ve been, what should’ve happened, what would’ve come true. but it’s harder to accept the past as it is, and move on with your head held high. to look forward to tomorrow, even if today isn’t what you imagined it to be. as the dreams continue, and as momo’s desires manifest in the form of beautiful scenes—of victorious contests and fast-paced interviews, of adoring fans and bright smiles, of joy spreading through everyone like a happy virus. [break][break]

it’s everything she wants and more, and yet… [break][break]

… [break][break]

none of it matters if she doesn’t manifest it in the real world, too. a dream can be a dream forever, but reality is only ever so short. it’s a heartbreaking realization, but a necessary one. [break][break]

the things that have happened in the past can never be changed, but the future can still be determined by those with the will to try. [break][break]

and momo is thankful that above all else, she never lost her will to try new things. [break][break]

the crowds don’t know her name yet, and the future has taken on a different course than she first imagined, yet despite everything, she’ll keep persevering. even if it takes months or years, she’ll make her way to the top, unyielding, unfailing, unwavering. [break][break]

smiling throughout. [break][break]

NOTES

• theme: good ending [break]
• word count: 233 [break]
• sleep score: 200 (1000 total)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
off the record
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 20:58:13 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
178 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
off the record
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 5:52:19 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

birth by sleep

momo decides to return to the dream world on a very simple basis: [break][break]

it’s fun! the last time she’d been in there, she had her chance to live out her best coordinator dreams, skipping all the troubles and going straight to the fun! it was a nice time, and she figured that if she had the chance to enjoy a dream like that again, why not give it another go? [break][break]

except this time, it seems like she has little sway over what happens. she’s gathered in a castle with a bunch of other dreamers—players, more like—standing in a room before a super cute snubbull with a crown! a super cute snubbull with a crown who can talk! it tells its story with a heartfelt tone, and from what momo understands, this kingdom needs their help. [break][break]

yet at the same time, her pokemon companion seems troubled by the forces outside the castle. a shrill noise rings out, and tsuki the clefable jumps up from her place next to momo, and bounds out the nearest door at lightning speed. (of course, a clefable is not necessarily known for its speed, so there’s something really adorable about the way it bounces out, beeping and singing as it does so.) [break][break]

momo stands to her feet, pointed ears and fairy wings twitching, her appearance in the dream world matching that of her runaway clefable’s. the dream ball appears in her hands not a moment thereafter, and she’s chasing down her clefable before the king can even properly dismiss them all. [break][break]

a pop-up flies into her face, however, catching her off guard. the girl screeches to a halt, and blinks owlishly at the words floating in the air before her: [break][break]

[attr="class","rbynote"]

ABILITY NAME: just peachy! [break][break]

hp restoratives in the form of peaches will be available for the user to receive. there is no end or limit to the amount of peaches that grow, and the user can consume these freely, or even give them to other players as needed. however, these peaches grow only on trees, and only on the tallest branches. the peaches cannot revive “dead” players or prevent “death” from happening. [break]

[newclass=.rbynote]border-width: 9px 9px 9px 9px;border-style:solid;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/UUqNs3l.png') 9 9 9 9 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px; margin-top:20px;background:#aaa;background-clip: padding-box;[/newclass] [break][break]

“oh my gosh!” momo cries aloud. “do i have super powers, or something!? no way!” [break][break]

one glance out the window proves it to be true: plump, juicy, bright-pink peaches grow in abundance from the trees. they stand out as little bumps in the horizon, spawning on the highest branch that reaches for the sky. [break][break]

“um… those are really high up…” she glances around, and other players (or dreamers) run around her, everyone splitting into different directions. maybe she can find someone that can help her actually reach those peaches, or at least throw something to knock one of them down! [break][break]

on the bright side, she’s not hurt, so the peaches can wait until she finds her clefable. [break][break]

“tsuki!” momo calls out loudly, running towards a silvery lake to the east of the castle. “tsuki, where are you?” [break][break]

beep beep! the telltale cry of a clefable echoes distantly, and momo whips her head around, antennae-like ears probing in the direction of the noise. beep beep! it’s getting louder! [break][break]

“tsuki, wait for me!” momo sprints in the direction of her pokemon, running parallel to the lake—a pink blur reflected against moonlit waters. [break][break]

it’s then that she realizes why her clefable had run out this far in the first place. at the lake’s edge, tsuki the clefable dances around dewdrop grass, singing in circles as she points her fingers towards the sky. [break][break]

it’s a full moon. [break][break]

momo gasps softly. “tsuki,” she breathes, “you’re dancing?” [break][break]

the clefable turns its gaze towards the trainer in question. she’s the same old tsuki, like she’d always been, but something is slightly different about her now. something dark underlines the smile on the fairy’s face. momo’s heart skips a beat, fearful yet curious of what this could entail. her pokemon are all sweethearts, and none of them would ever get up to nefarious deeds. however… [break][break]

creatures of the fae are more whimsical than those outside of the circle. the clefable line itself worships the moon, indulges in song and dance that speak to an ancient instinct in their hearts, something cosmic and light. just as the moon has its many phases, so too does a living being, and at once, momo finds that she’s not afraid of tsuki’s smile in this moment. [break][break]

she’s excited for what’s to come. “alright,” she says, slowly approaching her pokemon. “let’s dance!” [break][break]

in that moment, more aspects of the game appear before momo. they slow down time, even stopping it completely, but in the seconds between her body moving towards the fairy circle and her eyes sparkling with moonlight, momo’s choice has already been made. [break][break]

between, [break][break]

[attr="class","rbynote"]

PURIFY YOUR POKEMON'S HEART[break][break]

Warning! Doing so will take away power that can help you protect the ones you care about. [break][break]

Continue? [break]

[newclass=.rbynote]border-width: 9px 9px 9px 9px;border-style:solid;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/UUqNs3l.png') 9 9 9 9 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px; margin-top:20px;background:#aaa;background-clip: padding-box;[/newclass] [break][break]

or, [break][break]

[attr="class","rbynote"]

KEEP YOUR POKEMON'S STRENGTH [break][break]

Warning! Doing so will keep you from reaching their true potential in lieu of brute force. [break][break]

Continue? [break]

momo selects the former, heart becoming light as air, silver sparkles surround her and tsuki, both, as they hold hands and dance under the light of the moon. time resumes, and momo giggles wildly, feywild magic coursing through her, tsuki the clefable singing out so loudly that any darkness in it before dispels at once, a healing bell resonating above them. [break][break]

(tsuki the clefable forgot shadow wave, and learned healing bell, instead! tsuki the clefable is no longer a shadow pokemon!) [break][break]

NOTES

• word count: 665 [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
178 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
off the record
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 7:58:13 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

birth by sleep

"oh-em-gee, that battle was sooo hard!" momo sighs as she collapses beneath a tree, put out after the huge group raid she'd been a part of just now. though she had the help of some extra moves (cavity-inducing, sugar-pink maniac of happiness receives the following moves: flame charge / play rough / sweet kiss ), it took the entire team's effort to bring down that tinkaton! [break][break]

(and it wasn't just any tinkaton, either. it was definitely aimi, and boy even if this was a dream momo had to have a serious talk with her pokemon in the real world too!! way too violent, way too hard!!) [break][break]

"probably my fault." shigure shrugs, electricity rippling through the bright thunderstreaks on his body, a lengthy tail swaying lazily behind them. "my zebstrika just does what he wants, y'see." [break][break]

"no, it was difficult to come through after such a hard type matchup." the third of the group, a really tall and strong ranger named , insists. her flyaway hair reaches in all directions, and momo admits that the aura around her is slightly unsettling... but not so much that she'd say that aloud! "we all did a great job, though. don't beat yourself up over it, shigure." [break][break]

"hehe, mika is right, y'know! we did pretty well! there was a moment where things looked dicey but nothing like a last minute victory, yeah?" the fourth of the group, the julie solette, one of momo's inspirations and more recently, friends, giggles slightly at her own expense. momo doesn't know if her claws and gem-like eyes are scary or beautiful. maybe both! [break][break]

it's such a lovely group. momo is with her sibling, her friend, and her friend's... um, ex? lover? they don't expand on their relationship much, but momo can sense it. love is a beautiful thing and it comes in different forms. she thinks love is in the way that mika's pinkie drifts towards julie's, gently bumping against her fingers, smiling when there's a force that bumps back. love is also in the way that shigure totally popped off in the fight, protecting momo and her pokemon even when tsuki the clefable had access to a fire-type move! he had been so cool during the fight, too! [break][break]

momo's had a lot of fun with this group, and she lets them know this with ease. and as they recover from a battle hard-won, momo gazes up for a moment at the branches above them, spotting a beautiful peach at the very top. mika will probably offer to get it for her, while julie and shigure will watch with bated breaths, and momo will laugh all the while. it'll be such a lovely time with her friends and family!

[break][break] but it'd be so much better if it were real. [break][break]

NOTES

• word count: 300+ [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
178 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
off the record
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 7:48:00 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

birth by sleep

(but if she had to remember the nitty gritty details of it all, it would go something like this: [break][break]

tsuki the clefable stands resolute. she shines with something pure and happy, and momo follows that light, curious despite the dangers. the fairy pokemon holds out her hand, and momo takes it in her own. "tsuki?" she finally asks. "what is it?" [break][break]

yet the answer is made clear. everything in the world starts to lose its color, dullness flooding away the vibrancy, hues lost to the nebulous dark. and there, standing in front of her, is a formless being. some shadowed creature that's only a poor imitation of something so much grander and widespread than momo can ever hope to understand. [break][break]

team rocket. the shadows of her heart, the name that brings her fear, the group that digs its claws deep into a place and doesn't let it go. she's never been in their ranks, but she doesn't have to in order to understand what their presence here means. they had their start in kanto, after all. their members are not just faceless creatures with no names, but people with families, friends, loved ones, hopes and futures. [break][break]

they are people she knows, and yet her pure gaze is too distracted by what's in front of her, that even in dreams she fails to see the shadows that coil behind her, too. the ones that gently wrap around a friend most dear, the one who'd watched over her since their childhood, ebbing-and-flowing with momo's perpetual streaming heart. [break][break]

, , and all remain still behind her. momo doesn't remember to look at them, can't bring herself to meet the gaze of anyone except for those she never looks at directly. people and pokemon that have their own ambitions, futures, and desires, too. [break][break]

the story of how light wins is simple, actually. it wins by embracing the dark.) [break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
178 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
off the record
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 7:59:30 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

birth by sleep

when momo receives the gift, she doesn't expect the world to change so suddenly yet again, but it does and she's there. she's gone in a flash, her fast friends disappearing faster behind her, dragged back to the place where it all started. [break][break]

this is a memory she'd hardly forget. she is in her first home, a cozy little house in kanto's lavender town. her parents are idling away in the kitchen, preparing lunch, while momo sits in front of the television set, cross-legged and wide-eyed at the wonders being displayed on the screen. [break][break]

a contest, for all the world to see! up next is the latest star of the region, a silver-haired beauty with a flowing white dress. and in a flash of light, their partner rises to the stage, twirling elegantly without missing a beat. [break][break]

it's a cincinno! it's adorable! momo remembers her initial reaction, how her little heart seized and her voice squeaked at the sight of something so adorable. cincinno fluffs its neck fur, and the crowd coos at its cuteness. momo thinks she'd like to be just like that coordinator and their cincinno! in fact, she could even go out and catch the pokemon for herself if she wanted to! [break][break]

(but come now, momo, her mother will say distantly. it's time to eat.) [break][break]

so instead, she takes to the neighborhood, asking around if anyone wants to go looking for pokemon near the edge of town. and when it comes to protecting a young momo against foolish ideas while also holding her hand through the entire ordeal, there is no better companion than . [break][break]

(even from such a young age, she always looked up to him, and felt kinship bloom as warmth between their hands, between her excitable laugh and his witty humor. momo had been born an only child, but the universe was still kind to her in many ways. they gave her a sibling, they just made her wait a little longer to meet them. their little hands squeezing hard against each other, curious eyes searching for all the magic in the world and the ways they could grasp it.) [break][break]

"i don't think there's a cincinno out here," shigure says. [break][break]

momo laughs. "that's fine," she admits. "thank you for coming with me." [break][break]

(but in another world, if they find that cincinno somehow, momo thinks she'd like to show it to shigure. as though to thank him for protecting her dream from even back then.) [break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights