6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
supply: driveby
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 15:36:38 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
grubby hands take hold of a crate full of supplies he forcibly took away from an unlucky grunt he happened to pass by.

for the grunt, the misfortune of the champion's erratic movements across the map led to their unfortunate series of events. reprimanding awaited them, but it was a better alternative than getting on the opposition's bad side after their psyche has been scrambled by a certain florist.

by chance, the path he took coincided with a trail used by league forces. he finds himself face-to-face with someone he doesn't recognize by name. perhaps someone had mentioned it in passing, but he never recalled.

he recognized him by face though.

almost everyone that surrounded him by galar can be connected to him. he doesn't remember the events fully, but his gut feeling was usually strong whenever he meets someone that he had met before.

was he supposed to know him as well?

"oi," he speaks behind the mask he took from . "do i know you?"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 16:54:05 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]It would've been impossible not to recognize Kyle. The man was a literal symbol of the region. If there was any moment of not recognizing him, it was less because he didn't know Kyle was and more because he didn't expect him to come strutting up so casually.[break][break]

In a sense, it was funny. The two had wandered the region so often that, between the two of them, they'd walked it a hundred times. In all that time, they'd somehow never did more than cross paths. Isaac knew rangers, gym leaders, elites, scientists, councilwomen, and , but Kyle was the perennial friend of a friend.[break][break]

A birthday party here, a competition there, the occasional death defying adventure, yet never any time to talk.[break][break]

The closest memory Isaac did have was also his haziest; Kyle, 20 years older and likely not much wiser, offering him a ticket to a city of adventures and delights. How Zev ever consented to that plan, Isaac had no idea, but the ridiculousness of his ptesence in such a funland made it impossible to forget.[break][break]

"We've been around," he said. Out with the old memories. October's war threatened to make new ones. For a second, he thought to offer a hand, only to realize the champ was carting way too many boxes for that. "Name's Isaac Merlo. Good to finally meet you."[break][break]

"Need a hand with any of that?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 15:02:27 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"call me kyle. or lopez. either's fine."

the offer to help causes him to drop the crate to the ground, causing a cloud of dust to spread from the ground in its impact. if he's willing to help, then it means room to breathe.

"ah, about that! do you want to check out what's inside first?"

he doesn't wait for an answer.

a suicune is summoned within the next second and freezes the top lid of the crate with sheer cold. it disappears as soon as kyle forces his heel against the ice, shattering it into shards.

inside was bottles of stimulant drugs manufactured from a diluted solution of nihilego poison by rocket. there's a note attached on the side of the crate that kyle hasn't bothered reading.

"have you tried these before?" he asks isaac. "these aren't sold in any pharmacies i know, so i'm not sure what they do."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 15:31:14 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Apparently, that friend of a friend status extended to the gods themselves.[break][break]

Isaac did a double take as Kyle waggled his hands and called Suicune into existence. For a moment, he wondered if they'd both answered the same calling. However, this Suicune lacked the invisible, spiritual tether that connected Isaac to his sworn partner. It must have, somehow, been a different Suicune.[break][break]

On the line of the horizon, Isaac could faintly make out a pair of flashing violet eyes.[break][break]

"Ah, great. They're seeing double," Isaac muttered, the normally stilled waters of his mind rippling with Suicune's confusion. He turned to the horizon, calling out to the enigmatic legend. "You can come out, you kn-" Before he could finish, a cold wind blew past him. Suicune, once a distant observer, now stood at his back.[break][break]

"Sheesh, way to give me a heart attack," Isaac said, having just been jumpscared by his own partner. Suicune simply shot him a wry smirk before turning to face their mirror. Their eyes narrowed as they scrutinized the other. "I swear, hard enough to keep track of this guy on their own. Never thought I'd see two of 'em in one place."[break][break]

Apparently, the crate he'd salvaged was uppers made from Nihilego venom. Frankly, the concept made Isaac's skin crawl. That shit wasn't something to take lightly. "Nah. Not my kinda thing," he said, knowing he didn't need his brain to be even more active. The stupid thing already got him in enough messes. "And there's no way the crash from that isn't nasty."[break][break]

Squinting, he plucked the note off the crate to give it a good read.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 8:49:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
perhaps it's the way his brain was rewired a few encounters back, or that he was just naturally unfazed by strange occurrences, but his reaction to another suicune was not of shock, but joy.

"hey, you found him!" he smiles, and then looks around for entei the same way isaac searched for suicune. kyle finds him just a distance away. surprisingly, it keeps its distance. "oh, but he's not his brother, i think. is he not from this world?"

they had met another suicune before him, though it was more akin to a paradox pokemon. regardless, it was entei's similar reaction that led him to this conclusion.

"anyways."

kyle watches isaac approach and take the piece of paper by the crate's side. the note included its ingredients, explicitly mentioned to be procured from ultra space, as well as other side effects that include, but not limited to, nausea, paranoia, anxiety and hallucinations.

it did say those are only experienced with high dosage, but at least whoever receives it gets a good stimulant drug that keeps them up for the entirety of the clash between factions.

"do you know of this?" he picks up. "usually, the response is 'what's that?'."

he takes the bottle and opens it up. it smells atrocious, but it doesn't stop kyle from taking a swig of the unknown medicine to test its effects. if he dies, he dies.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 13:31:56 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Huh. That true, buddy?" Suicune's response was a simple, curt nod, eyes locked on both the effigy of themself and the mirror of their brother. The ashen Suicune, little more than an image engraved in memory, didn't seem to respond. Entei, in contrast, kept a wary distance.[break][break]

There was a sympathetic glimmer in Suicune's eye. It was like hoping to see a loved one, only to happen upon an identical stranger. Northern winds parted the clouds above, crystalline ice bending the light above. An aurora shone across the sky, soothing green ribbons that carried Suicune's compassion and sympathy.[break][break]

As their light attempted to reach Entei's heart, they bowed thrir head in sympathetic mourning.[break][break]

Similar green light lifted off of Isaac's body in gentle peals. Was this the true extent of his power? Could he harness such a gift someday? Or would he always command but the smallest fraction?[break][break]

He'd let them share in their presence and grief. Right now, he and Kyle had a job to do. "Heard enough about it to know I don't want anything to do with it," he said, irritation fraying at the edges of his voice. It wasn't Kyle's fault. Pushers were the lowest scum on the planet, especially those who knew they had rancid supply. "There's drugs, there's the bad shit, and then there's fucking. This."[break][break]

Kyle Lopez, the champion of the Hoenn Region, proceeded to just shotgun Fucking This like it was a jello shot. "Dude, what the hell?" Isaac asked, impressed by his boldness as he was mortified by his stupidity. "Are . . . are you good? How's it feel?"[break][break]

He might need to start working on that smallest fraction of his power.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 14:00:38 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he dismisses the suicune into a puff of ash as it starts to get confusing to see one full of life. he'd talk to isaac about it more, had his addled brain prioritize personal desires over duty.

entei, on the other hand, sees suicune's act as an invitation. it finally comes down, coaxed down by a familiar ability it can never experience anymore, to stay with the abrupt party formed.

"it feels like ten energy drinks in a twenty-four hour marathon of a game on its release night and racing with other people to reach to the end first," he answers isaac. "it's effective at what it does, but it barely does anything with my current state of mind."

he places the bottle back with the rest of the cargo.

it sounds absurd despite his tendency to talk in factual statements, but he doesn't mind adding more to his conclusions. "it's like a trip back to ultra deep sea, since it makes me want to vomit, but it isn't strong enough to take over other mental afflictions by other avatars or pokemon."

kyle vomits, only for entei to nudge the avatar with its head. sacred fire burns from the point of contact, the holy embers burning away toxins from ultra space with ease. he appears to recover after it.

"this isn't enough to clear the status effect," kyle finds himself explaining after the effects of suicune's aurora affects him, perhaps to ease isaac's mind. "it would be useful to find something that would work before the effect runs out from the test subject."

only then does he wipe the drool off his mouth.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 14:16:33 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]What the actual fuck was Isaac watching?[break][break]

"Yeah, so, uh. Hell is your current state of mind, then?" Apparently, not even this unholy mixture was enough to make the man flinch. Isaac knew he could be a little weird, but this was taking things to the next level. Apparently, it had something to do with his avatardom, but Isaac was pretty sure Hoenn's champion wasn't the avatar of cocaine.[break][break]

Luckily, like some kind of overpowered service dog, Entei was already on the case. Sacred Fire leaped from him to Kyle, somehow not incinerating the champ into a skeleton. Instead, it only seemed to burn away his toxins, leaving the champ both unharmed and reinvigorated.[break][break]

What the hell was with Hoenn's healers and their total lack of self preservation? Not that he could judge anymore.[break][break]

Suicune's aurora wasn't the right tool for the job (was this a test now?), but it wasn't the only thing in Isaac's bag of tricks. He reached towards Suicune, the legend's presence making it much easier than usual to weave the waters of life. Within seconds, Isaac had a shimmering ball of water cupped between his hands.[break][break]

"Here," Isaac said as he pressed it to where the Sacred Flame once burned. Injury wasn't the only thing his waters could cure. They also washed away decay, disease, and poison. Perhaps it'd be enough to finish what Entei started and ease the champ's nausea. "How's this?"[break][break]

Something told Isaac Kyle knew exactly what he was doing here.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 14:45:10 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he holds his head, and eventually, the agitation goes away. "better," he answers after a deep breath.

"the florist- er, the ruination's avatar," he starts to explain. "she does things to the mind. i'm trying to test things out if there's a solution for regular people."

such as non-avatar people, or those without the aid of a legend, or if he was in his sygna suit and infinity energy prohibits him from doing his thing.

"thanks. i suppose i was getting worked up about it too much." he turns to entei and ruffles the thick patch of fur by its neck. a heavy sigh follows. "then again, it would be unfair power scaling if an avatar gets an ability that is easily countered by regular means."

he supposed he should give up for now. it's the same worthless grind he's used to for the past few years since hoenn has been under attack by supernatural forces.

"next time you see me doing something illogical, please don't hesitate to knock some sense out of me," he informs the suicune's... friend? avatar?

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 15:11:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]There was a sorrowful look in Suicune's eyes at the mention of . Both to foster Isaac's journey, and to honor her own patron's nonaggression, they had stayed their hand. However, a part of them had hoped they would be able to get through to her and grant her crystal's clarity.[break][break]

Perhaps another time.[break][break]

"She does," Isaac confirmed, a hint of unease to his voice. "But to herself more than anyone else. If it wasn't so terrifying, it'd be kinda sad." It was still horribly sad. If anything, the terror she brought only made it moreso.[break][nreak]

For one so gifted, Kyle was in no rush to count his blessings. If anything, he seemed the most frustrated by how much power hung in the hands of a mob of rogue demigods. As much as Isaac had been making liberal use of his own powers, he couldn't help but nod along.[break][break]

"You've got a pair of real brainiacs back there, at least." and were, for lack of a better term, fucking brilliant. "And snail's not the only legend that can give a vibe check. Maybe if they study my aurora, we can whip up some kinda brain shield."[break][break]

Again; Hoenn's healers had no self preservation.[break][break]

Maybe Isaac still had enough. As Kyle asked about slapping the sense back into him, Isaac could only stare. "Me. Knociking the sense into you." he repeated, trying not to give in to incredulous laughter. "Are you trying to get the HBIC on my ass? Pretty sure they'd have my head if I even look at you funny."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 11:32:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he blinks, and tries to connect points of information isaac has mentioned throughout the entirety of their encounter now.

"hbic...?" he makes the connection, and clarity from things said earlier now makes sense. "oh. oh! you're one of those guys!"

despite being particularly close with another defector in cian, he barely knows anything about them besides what was associated with the organization.

"those things shouldn't matter anyways as soon as you get scouted for aqua."

a lot of steps and reconsideration are skipped. whether they are an avatar or not, a connection with suicune was all it takes for one to be eligible, though it doesn't mean anything in kyle's terms.

"i would set you up for screening if you want to help out with those kinds of stuff easier, but do you want to? i just got someone in, but i'm sure they won't mind another one."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 13:13:11 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]". . . One of those guys, yeah."[break][break]

If there was any assumption Kyle was some secret genius, testing his aptitude and heart alike, it all came crashing down. The Champion, the strongest, the symbol of the region, was an almighty idiot.[break][break]

Okay, so maybe that was unfair. He clearly had a lot on his mind. Rocket just might not have been his highest priority, which in a world under siege from gods and monsters was fair.[break][break]

Then again, he did drink poison.[break][break]

Kyle's realization passed as quickly as it had come. Isaac offered a sad smile at his assertation that it wouldn't matter anymore. "It's always gonna," he said; scorned by Hoenn's most faithful, hated by those he'd left behind. He'd always be under the microscope more deeply than the average man. "Not like I can just take back the harm I've done, yeah?"[break][break]

"But I'm still here. And that means I can start doing better." Let them scorn him. Let them resent him. Let them judge him. He had no power to stop it. The only thing he had power over was himself, and that he would fight for until the bitter end. "So if you'll have me, I'd love to help."[break][break]

had done everything in his power to warn him against this, but Isaac's answer was the same now as it was then. He'd been gifted a chance to make a difference. He wouldn't let it slip just because he was scared.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 15:31:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"oh, wow. usually people don't trust the league enough to decide that quick."

kyle shifts his stare to suicune. perhaps, by association, his chosen, too, was also an emergent by their own right.

he speaks from the heart, it seems like. a deep-seated resolve most likely lies underneath the eagerness. he already has navy to break the status quo of logic-oriented arguments in the room with those of morality. another one of his kind to sow discord and discourse would be nice to have.

"b-but are you sure? you could have said you'll think about it first before getting my hopes up."

a sigh. kyle turns back to isaac. like the sudden appearance of crystalblooms in the region's ecosystems, kyle attempts to take a claim to one of hoenn's demography's rare specimens.

"we can start the screening now if you've already decided."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 15:50:09 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Like hell I do." For all Isaac wanted to make things right, he wasn't just some good little government bootlicker. Maybe that was exactly what Kyle hoped. "There's a lot I don't trust still. That's all the more reason to join. It might be my only shot at making things better around here."[break][break]

Trying to change a cult of personality like Rocket was futile. You'd have to convince Declan Walsh that the system designed to give him power and control was, somehow, a bad thing and needed to go. Shockingly enough, that tended not to work. The Council, for all their many, many flaws, were at least trying to make things better around here. was proof of that.[break][break]

" 'Sides. Something tells me a lot of the shit I don't trust's thanks to Rocket's efforts. 'Least, part of it is." How much could he truly judge a region pushed to its breaking point by those who wanted to see it burn? Could Hoenn ever truly mend while this war pushed them to darker and darker means?[break][break]

Kyle asked if he was sure, one last chance to back out. Nah. The time for that passed the day he set foot on that sub. One way or another, he was bound to this war. It might as well be on the right side for a change. He turned to Kyle, flashing him a confident grin.[break][break]

"I'm ready."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 17:35:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i'm still a bit groggy from the mind fucking, but let's see what i can do."

he turns to entei and entei nods. it stomps its foot on the ground and bulldoze produces cracks beneath them.

the ground had always been filled with interdream mist since the start of the race. whether it's the tunnels underneath that fill it up with it, or just unexplainable magic, their existence meant that they were for kyle to use.

"by the way, this isn't really the legal way we do things, but i got you covered for those. it's not like they'll say no to an avatar anyways."

mist starts spewing out, covering them in a cloud. kyle starts to disappear from isaac's view as pink and blue mesh with other vibrant colors that paint him a picture.

"aqua has been too lenient and, as a result, too unstable, so i'm not sure if it's going to keep the same structure for the near future. speaking as a pessimist, he adds, "in the case that it doesn't, this will be your vouch in from me."

sootopolis appears as the setting that comes out of the mist, situating them by the mouth of the cave of origins. it held different meaning for both isaac and kyle, but it's an important stage for what will transpire nevertheless.

"so, um, this isn't what i planned, but this will work." he turns to isaac. "how do you even see sootopolis?"