awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
bonding [m]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 14:07:41 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

It was an important day, a momentous day…

(No there was no proposal yet, this was just one part of the… you get the point!)

So they were outside today, and he had no challengers lined up for any bookings—which meant they had the entire outdoor space to themselves.

And so he was presented with a quandary.

Who of the two would he choose?!

He stood there, in the center of the arena, staring down both Kyouya the Braviary and Gabriel the Salamence…

it’s like shopping for wedding rings, only with sygna suits

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
bonding [m]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 14:46:30 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memoph"]
[attr="class","memophtag"]

[attr="class","memophmain"]
Memo walked into the arena with two treinta Sawsbucks drinks. Shivani hovered close behind him. Whenever Alex may have turned to look in their direction, she ducked behind Memo so as to hide herself from view.
[break][break]
“My vote is for Kyouya because he wants to eat me less,” Memo offered, holding out a drink to Alex, “in case you wanted my opinion.”

[attr="class","memophpoke"]

[newclass=.memoph]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memophmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:75px 40px 40px 40px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memophtag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph b] color: #7DCE82; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memophpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
bonding [m]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 14:53:36 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Really?” was the first word out of his mouth the moment he turned around and saw that the other had returned with… whoa, those were comically large drinks!

The Salamence that had landed gave Memo this look of dismay, before huffing and grumbling in his human companion’s direction.

“Hey, Hey, Gabe… no need to be so antagonistic,” he whispered quietly, reaching under the draconid’s chin and rubbing it.

“I still don’t understand why you’re so cheesed at him, but yeah… try to lay off the hostilities a little bit?”

Meanwhile, the blue-plumed avian Pokémon continued to preen himself, plucking some stray, dead feathers away from his plumage and fussing over… before clattering across the arena and sussing out Shivani the Banette who’d taken to hiding behind the other man!

“You know me so well,” he hummed as he gave the Salamence one final pat on the head before approaching him to give the other man a forehead kiss and accept the drink.

“So, like, you know that these things we’re about to order are like… mega evolution doesn’t work while you’re wearing ‘em… my friend told me.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
bonding [m]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 15:03:14 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memoph"]

“Really,” Memo said with a wry smile, thankful that Gabe picked that moment in time to contribute his opinion and, honestly, just cement Kyouya as the right choice.
[break][break]
Kyouya went from unbothered dad to angry screaming bird mode and Memo put himself between his quailing Banette and the mad eagle, not caring that the beak was razor sharp. “Hey! Lay off. Honestly, Alex, it really wouldn’t kill your Pokemon to be nice to me and mine once and a while. She’s hiding because Alex is scared of her, dingus, not ‘cause she’s trying to be sneaky.”
[break][break]
Shivani made a soft crying noise and plastered herself to Memo’s back.
[break][break]
“That’s fine. I figure that works out well for all parties involved, yeah?”

[newclass=.memoph]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memophmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:75px 40px 40px 40px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memophtag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph b] color: #7DCE82; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memophpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
bonding [m]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 15:12:14 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You know I’m going to be hell-ass concerned for you when that strange thing you do with Shivani over there happens within my line of sight, so…”

After one sip, he then whistled sharply in the Braviary’s direction, making the avian back off.

“Not today, Kyouya. Gabe, you can… go now.”

Without a second word, the Salamence turned tail and departed, which left the Braviary that resumed plucking at his feathers.

“And besides, love, I don’t think Kyouya was trying to attack you, he just… uhm.”

He went pale for a few moments before he took a sharp breath.

“…he just wants to talk with Shivani. We… we had this talk before meeting you out here today.”

It was a step in a direction, at least… because if they were going to make this work, he would have to suck it up and tolerate being around the Banette a lot more often now.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
bonding [m]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 17:13:55 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memoph"]

“It only ever happens when she Megas,” Memo said, holding out a hand to symbolize the tipping back and forth of powersharing that happened between him and his Banette. “So, no Mega, no problem. That’s all the suit is, yeah, is, like, the strength of our bond?” He reached back to brush gentle fingers over his shadow-puppet’s head. “It’ll be great.”
[break][break]
He narrowed his eyes and stayed firmly planted between the now non-plussed eagle and his Banette.
[break][break]
“Uh-huh. About what.”
[break][break]
He did not sound enthused.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
bonding [m]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 17:56:23 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Yeah, apparently that’s what the suit does. It amplifies the already existing bond between us and our chosen Pokémon… the deeper it is, the more power we can bring forward,” he hummed as he retrieved the crumpled piece of paper where he’d gotten notes from his friend who’d beta tested these things before they were mass-released to the public.

“…and they’re not fucking cheap, are you sure you can cover the price tag? I told you I can cover yours! he added, a tiny little pout on his face.

Thing is, he didn’t budge to let the Braviary speak with the Banette.

“That’s what he said! He’s not going to attack her, not like Gabriel!” he added while pinching the bridge of his nose.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
bonding [m]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 17:51:57 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memoph"]

“While I’ve always wanted a sugar daddy, I’m gonna politely decline.” Memo lifted his drink to his lips, taking a thoughtful sip, and trying not to be insulted. It wasn’t Alex’s fault, really. Memo’d only been introduced to concepts like financial stability in recent years. “I’ve been saving my paychecks all year. I got it covered.”
[break][break]
He was still not convinced that Kyouya just wanted to have an innocent chat with his Banette. “Well. Whatever he has to say he can say in front of me.”
[break][break]
Not thath he’d be able to understand it, but.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
bonding [m]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 21:28:29 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He couldn’t help the scowl of dismay flash across his face for the briefest of seconds, before he prepared his equally-spicy retort.

“…you’d say ‘no’ even if I was the sugar daddy?” he hummed quietly as he squinted at the other.

“See, that’s the thing… you’ve been keeping your money to yourself, you haven’t bought anything for yourself asides from what we’re about to get… not even if I cover at least half of yours, you’re not going to budge, aren’t you?”

The line he drew his mouth into thinned the more his partner refused to budge.

“L-look…”

The Braviary let out a quiet squawking noise before plucking an annoying feather that had been bothering him. “He’s not going to eat her, I-I swear.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
bonding [m]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 19:58:18 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memoph"]

Alex’s pouty face and sharp voice earned an affectionate smile. It was a really good thing they couldn’t stay mad at each other for long.
[break][break]
“You know self sufficiency is a big thing for me,” Memo said gently, “and this is a big purchase. So, no. Not going to budge.” He lifted his drink to his lips. “You want to splurge on me, buy me nice clothes. If I’m gonna be your sugar baby I wanna be properly spoiled.”
[break][break]
Shivani peeked her head around Memo’s torso to look at Kyouya, trying to keep her attention on the eagle while hiding herself from Alex’s view.
[break][break]
“I’m not budging on this one either, love. Sorry.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
bonding [m]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 19:13:15 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

If he could scream in multiple languages, he’d have done so already.

(And proceed to look like the screaming cat emoji he so favored in their little dirty private chat, but shh.)

“Th-this is how I wanna spoil you! If not cover the whole price of the thing we’re gonna buy together, at least let me cover half! What else money do you have hidden away?” he wheedled, almost practically whining at this point as he shook his arms in an empathetic gesture.

“…or are you looking to get more tracksuits from the high-end side of the Lilycove Department Store?” he drawled, finally drawing his arms across his chest and giving him this look that bordered between unamusement and sheer incredulity.

Kyouya the Braviary, for the duration of this entire exchange, was just watching the two silly humans… arguing. Or talking? Whatever, it sounded angry! Or exasperated—yeah, let’s go with exasperated for 200!

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
bonding [m]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 20:18:51 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memoph"]

“You’re not paying for my Sygna Suit. Thanks.” Memo gently, but firmly, put his foot down.
[break][break]
Then Alex took a cheap shot and Memo aimed a finger at him. “Hey. The velvet MOSCHINO tracksuit is an irreplaceable staple of my wardrobe. I love it, and I won’t stand for any slander of it.”
[break][break]
Shivani, continuing to be half-concealed behind Memo, gave Kyouya a small grin.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
bonding [m]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 17:33:45 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The Braviary continued to look from one idiot human to another, wondering what the hell they were bellyaching about anyway (not like he could understand human words, but still!) before sneaking a peek at the Banette who was trying not to cackle at the two of them arguing over… clothes.

“…not even if Jove catches you dead in it and chews on a little bit of your tracksuit leg?” he clapped back; unable to add the sass in that last part of the sentence because holy shit, had the other ever replaced those ruined jeans?

He couldn’t remember.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
bonding [m]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 21:00:20 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memoph"]

“If he does that my ghost will return for swift and precise vengeance and we will be having very traditional birria for ghost-dinner.”
[break][break]
He had replaced the ruined jeans with the exact same pair of jeans, just without the bite marks. Though talking on this topic made him wonder…
[break][break]
“I wonder how much designing we get to do for the suits…”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
bonding [m]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 18:16:18 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I haven’t found that pair in the wash yet ever since the time Jove thought my jeans were his late afternoon snack, you know,” he clapped back, though the expression on his face was already softening at that point.

He then had to dig out the piece of paper that had his hastily-scribbled Russian cursive notes down on it before his eyebrows went up.

“Huh. According to my friend, we apparently get full artistic freedom and design with how we want the suits to look like,” he read from the piece of paper in his hand.

…no, Alex, you are not going to do something from the Masked Singer, you idiot!