she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
299 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vanillakingsley
Vanilla Kingsley
A Whisk-Taking Trainer [S]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 2:39:59 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
With the end of the summer challenger season coming to a close, sign ups for the next few gym challenges had been full for the next few weeks or so. Even if Vanilla was still recovering from the events of not one but two outings where she was harmed, the teenager was still out and about working on her team. The trainer had snuck out of the hospital with her team and was slowly making her way towards the Ever Grande training grounds where other trainers were busy doing the exact same thing. Granted, nobody was wearing a hospital gown and in a wheelchair while read in the face, but Vanilla would pushed herself off and onto her feet. Pain shot through her body as she wobbled, gritting her teeth together. "G-Gimme a private area, please..."

After a long winded talk and managing to talk her way out of having the police called on her, Vanilla was unlucky with getting a private area and had to settle for a normal one, alongside other people that occasionally stared. All of what she needed was around the area, neatly arranged alongside the other people. She called out her Pokemon, those being her Machamp, Sylveon, Drapion, Altaria and Drakloak. All of which would help arrange stuff that they would need to go over training exercises. Vanilla helped, having dragged a wooden target across the field for target practice. During this, she tripped as part of her knee would flare up in pain again. She fell onto her knees again, feeling the pain shoot up her body while wincing to herself.

"C-Come on, get up..." Vanilla Her hands dipped into her bag slung across her shoulder, pulling out a pill bottle and downing two painkillers before laying there, waiting for them to go into effect. Her Pokemon slowly crowded around her as the teen tried to catch her breath and slowly crawl back into her wheelchair...that was across the area. Other people watched, either in disbelief or concern, though she didn't care much about it. Humiliation and her were well acquainted given her ridicule about her baking skills.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 3:25:37 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Look, if you're gonna be here, you're gonna have to go to the private area."[break][break]

Little did Vanilla know, on the other side of the training grounds, someone she knew was having the exact opposite issue. It turned out being an ex-Rocket had its downsides, especially in the League-iest city to ever League.[break][break]

"Seriously, man?" Isaac knew they were already being charitable by making this offer instead of slamming the door in his face, but it was hard not to feel a twinge of frustration knit across his brow. "I am literally friends with the gym leader here. She named that Bewear after me."[break][break]

"Likely story. You know how many people try to play the 'I know a guy' card?"[break][break]

"Who the hell names a Pokemon Isaac? That's gotta count for something!" With a sigh, Isaac shook his head, this wasn't getting anywhere. "What's the big deal, anyway? If it was really some big issue, I'd be behind bars, right?"[break][break]

"I'm sure you're perfectly fine, for an ex-Rocket. But we don't want to make a scene over here, and someone like you being someplace like this-"[break][break]

"Bullshit." If Mr. Security over here didn't want to make a scene, he was sure doing a piss poor job of it. The whole public area had stopped training, one by one, to see just what was going on further down the range. "If I help with whatever mess just slipped under your oh-so-watchful nose, can you just get off my back?"[break][break]

"Very well." The security guard, who was clearly not paid enough to deal with all this, stepped aside. Isaac didn't even look back as he stepped past. There might've been trouble brewing, but he didn't need to go losing his head over it. What was the worst that could possibly happen?[break][break]

The answer turned out to be an all too familiar 13 year old, prone and fallen to the ground. "Kid?" he asked, almost more to himself than to the crowd. How the hell were they all just standing there as she crawled around in the dirt? Her Pokemon were at least busy prepping the training area, but the rest of these living examples of bystander syndrome had no excuse.[break][break]

He wormed his way through the crowd, brow furrowed in irritation, before making his way to the wheelchair. The urgency of the situation hastened his approach, but he did his best to avoid causing a huge fuss and further startling the poor girl. There was a gentle smile across his face, even as concern flickered in his eyes.[break][break]

"Here's your chair, kid," he said, stooping down slightly to help her into it if need be. "You okay?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 4:49:30 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
As Vanilla sat on the floor, trying to work her way through the pain as she'd breathe in and out while trying to work through the brief snippets on pain. Her head looked up as she saw a familiar face of the man that had rescued her and Ribbon from their certain demise. The Sylveon chirped at seeing the man, wiggling its tassles alongside a friendly cry. "It's you..." Vanilla said, slowly clutching her way back up onto her two feet again. One hand used the seat of the wheelchair as leverage to slowly forced herself back up to her two feet. Once she knew that she could make the fall, Vanilla plopped down with a relieved sigh. "What are you doing here?"

She looked pretty worse for wear, though extremely lucked to have survived what she did. Her skin was a tad more pale, alongside her torso being wrapped in bandages and such from the explosion at the peak of the volcano. Her right leg was in a green colored cast, complimenting her blue eyes and aquamarine hospital gown. A stray cough escaped from her before she could beam up at her savior, though hoping that he wasn't going to up and take her back to her room. "I'm sorry, I never got to introduce myself on that mission. I'm Vanilla. And yes, it's my real name." She looked back to her party, leaning backwards as the drugs were beginning to work their magic.

"Thanks for-" She let out a wheezy cough, spitting out some reddened phlegm on the ground. "Thanks for rescuing me at the volcano again. The doctors said that I was lucky to stabilize...whatever that meant. But if I took the full brunt of that Tera Blast...Anyway, thank you. I wish there was someway I could repay you." Vanilla smiled weakly, as Ribbon chirped happily again. She remembered Isaac just as clearly as her owner. Her eyes fell onto her party, who would all look up at Isaac.

"I was here to work on our training for the gym challenge. Even if the doctors don't want me out of bed, I can't let these guys fall out of practice. It's just...hard with my injuries."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 17:27:56 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]The poor kid looked awful. The trip through the volcano alone had already done a number on her. Seeing her go from nervous, excited, and full of life on the boat ride there to roasting alive at the volcano's peak had been heartbreaking. But this? Nobody should ever have to endure such a state, let alone a child.[break][break]

He hated himself for letting her nearly die, despite his best efforts. That hate was eclipsed by pure fear as he realized how much worse it could have been.[break][break]

Despite that, she was still smiling. No, she was beaming. As confused as he was, he couldn't help but smile back. It was hard not to feel like everything was going to be alright now. If somehow it wasn't, then he'd just need to make it alright. It wouldn't be the first time he'd fought the world and won.[break][break]

For now, he kept that promise to himself. This kid - Vanilla - didn't need that weight.[break][break]

"I was actually gearing up to get my own Pokemon trained. Small world, huh?" Sure enough, he'd settled the commotion, and now he was free to train. Shame training was the last thing on his mind right now.[break][break]

"Nice to meet ya, Vanilla. I'm Isaac." He wanted to tell Vanilla she didn't owe him a thing, but he knew strong-willed kids by now. He'd grown up with as a little sibling. He'd spent plenty of time with . If Vanilla was anything like them, she'd just dig her heels in about how important it was to give back.[break][break]

Instead, inspiration hit him. "If you really wanna pay me back, how about we train together?" Brilliant. Now he could keep an eye out on her and make sure she was doing okay, all while acting like she was doing him a big favor. Everyone wins! "I'm trying to get some badges too, so maybe we can help each other out.."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 8:12:48 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Vanilla laughed a little at the sheer coincidence of the two of them meeting up here after what they had both gone through. Though a little pained, she was still lively as ever. Perhaps just a bit tired? Regardless, the teen would nod her head along at his introduction. Isaac likely could put two and two together, but even when turning down an offer to repay him for his acts, Vanilla was a stubborn one. it was her father's greatest trait, or so her mother had always said.

His offer to repay him by training with him was just the energy boost that the tiny girl needed. Her lethargy was suddenly warded off as Vanilla adjusted her seat in the wheelchair. "Deal!" she grinned up at Isaac. "I was going to just practice with targets and such, but seeing as how you wanna train together..." Her grin only lengthened into a grand hopeful gaze, casting its way towards Isaac.

"Do you wanna have a Pokémon battle with me? It'll be a really quick spar!"

Vanilla leaned right out of her wheelchair, bouncing up and down in anticipation. She had spent a while in the hospital doing nothing all day, so any chance at really doing anything trainer related was a godsend. As Vanilla pumped herself up, she'd cough again, a bit more hoarse this time.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 18:34:08 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]99% of the time, fighting a kid was a bad idea. If you win, what the heck's wrong with you? You just beat up a kid! If you lose, ha ha, dummy. You just got beat up by a kid.[break][break]

This was different. This was Pokemon. They were the great equalizers, immensely powerful and devoted creatures that small children, championship athletes, lifesaving heroes, and war-torn soldiers relied on in equal measure. could be deemed a threat to the region despite being too young to drive. could work as a gym leader before he was old enough to vote.[break][break]

Besides, how could Isaac say no to that smile?[break][break]

"Alright. You're on." A part of him was excited to see how far Vanilla had come since the Cicatrice expedition. Not just any kid had the guts to stand against that nightmare of a Charizard. He just hoped her training didn't always come down to pushing herself in such a brutal way. "Question is, which of you guys'd like to go first?"[break][break]

Already, her team had lined up before the two, eager and obedient. Five of them, and some pretty tough looking ones to boot. The Drakloak in particular caught his eye. If he played his cards right this battle, maybe he could help it cross the threshold to new heights of power.[break][break]

'Course, that all depended on how their battle went.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 9:02:43 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
"Really! Great! You're the best, Isaac! I bet-"

Another coughing fit erupted from her. Several coughs and another spit off to the side later, Vanilla would exhale and offered a pained, though upbeat smirk. "Ugh...The doctor said to stop getting so excited from the smoke inhalation...whatever that means. But thanks again." Her eyes fell onto her Drakloak as it let out a faint cry. She hadn't been training it that often, but she was certain it would be a nice little outing for the ghosty dragon. "Alright, Contra. Ready to go?" Her hoarse voice asked as the dragon slithered across the field, ready to have a spar.

"She's a little new since I caught her, but I'm sure she'll learn a bunch." Vanilla said to her partner. She was ready to see what he was going to pull out, though movement was starting to become sluggish. The painkillers were starting to kick in, though she wasn't totally affected by it now. Once Isaac's Pokemon was out, she'd get things started off.

"Alright, Contra! Infestation!" The Dragapault would sway around in the wind, launching a visible swarm of bugs at the whoever she was facing off against.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 18:58:57 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Was he the best? No way. He was just a guy who happened to be in the right place at the right time. But if a poor, suffering kid thought that he was a pretty cool guy, then he had to be doing something right. "I try," he said, hiding the concern in his eyes behind the appreciative grin on his face.[break][break]

It seemed the Drakloak was, indeed, the first one up. Good. That meant Vanilla wouldn't be the only one he'd help push past their limits and ascend to new heights. "Lucky for her, I've got just the partner," he said, tossing out a Pokeball. A Vibrava emerged from within, her wings whirring into a green blur. "Darude here's one of my gym badge winners, so let's make this one a good fight!"[break][break]

And a good fight it was. The Drakloak began with a very unexpected move for a Pokemon of its species. In lieu of a Dreepy, floods of insects flooded from the cannon atop her head. Darude tried to keep them away with flaps of her wings, but for every cloud she pushed away another two more billowed out to take its place. Before long, they'd made contact, swarming and nibbling at Darude's body.[break][break]

"Not bad! Just means it's time for us to shake things up." With a glint in her lens-covered eyes, it was clear Darude knew what Isaac meant. She pulled her wings in and barreled towards the ground, an Earthquake shaking across their makeshift battlefield. It was far from the big, intense fissures that broke out in Hoenn's deadliest battlefields, but even in this restrained form it was quite the strong move.[break][break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 22:03:44 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
"A gym badge winner? This'll be good for sure! Contra is still recovering from when I found her in the wild, so she only knows a few moves but this will be good practice."

Contra cooed as it would look the Vibrava up and down some, as if it judge it against itself. Now that it had been infested with the previous move, the ghost dragon type would hover in place. The Vibrava had been pretty quick to really come back from being infested with bugs, but that's not what Vanilla had been banking on. As the ground type used Earthquake, it rocked Contra about, causing it to tumbled back. It would swoop back up as the Dreepy in its horns would bounce about inside of their little chambers. It did pretty good damage, as the Pokemon would slowly recover.

"Whoa, I didn't think a Vibrava could use that! Isn't it a bug type or something?" Vanilla asked before going on the offensive. "Bite 'em!"

The speedster flailed towards the Vibrava, snaking through the air and it opens its mouth full of razor sharp teeth to sink into the opponent.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 22:20:44 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Was it a recovery? Or was what Vanilla saw now a fraction of Darude's usual flightiness? Isaac was accustomed to the Vibrava dancing across the sky without a care in the world. Seeing her movements slower and more measured, and her legs irritably fidgeting, was a sign that the Infestation would keep on making its mark.[break][break]

This battle was on a time limit now. Darude, who always prided herself on her speed, would have to put it to the test.[break][break]

"You'd think! But sometimes a Pokemon's looks can trick us. Darude's a Ground and Dragon type." Vibrava were some of the trickiest Pokemon to pin down, not looking as earthen as Trapinch or as draconic as Flygon. If anything, they looked more like Yanma's cousin than Salamence's.[break][break]

As he explained, Contra closed in for a bite. Darude tried to flit out of the way, but the swarm's irritation left her flight path unfocused and wavering. Contra was able to swing around to her side and Bite down on her with great force. In many cases, this would be a bad situation to be in. In this case, it was time for another lesson.[break][break]

"And Contra here's not just a dragon, either. They're a ghost." Darude's eyes lit up with recognition. She stretched forward, reaching for the Drakloak's thrashing tail. If she could Crunch down on it, she'd be able to snag her foe with a particularly impactful move.[break][break]

For a moment, Isaac wondered just what moves the Drakloak knew. Perhaps through the fight, he'd be able to help Vanilla workshop a few.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 0:04:49 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
"Really? I never would have thought of it as that. Looks like some weird bug." Vanilla said, observing the Vibrava. Her blue eyes went along the Vibrava's body before allowing the two to continue their fight.

Contra had her jaws around the Vibrava's side, crunching down on it in an attempting to force it to submit as Vanilla leaned forward, still as hyped about the battle as ever. Even in her weakened and damaged state, the girl shared her father's joy of battle. Isaac shed a little light about the the typing of her dragon pal, as the girl took it to heart and continued to her on her support from the sidelines. "Good work, Contra!"

The responding attack had caught the Dragapault off guard, as its tail was the recipient of a Crunch attack. Shocked by the attack on its tail, the Pokémon let go of its grab on the ground and dragon type, screeching as it wagged it away to try and shake the attacker off. This was right when Vanilla would panic a bit, wondering what to do.

"Er, I'm not sure what other moves that Contra knows, actually. B-But I bet she knows a way out!"

The Dragapault flailed, growling as it spun its body around, aiming for the Vibrava with its hand as it began to make a dive as the swarm of insects followed it, attempting to use ASSURANCE.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 20:33:39 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]A super effective move at just the right time could pay off dividends. Contra's pained reaction set Darude free, allowing her to take control of their midair grapple. However, before she could capitalize, Contra swiveled in mid-air, pressing a claw to Darude's head and launching them both towards the ground. Between the swarm of insects, and their Assurance, it was a hefty hit.[break][break]

It was also right where Darude wanted them. Her wings began to vibrate against the ground, creating another Earthquake that could force her attacker away from her. At such point blank range, getting away before it started up would be very difficult. "He's a real good fighter," Isaac said, a note of pride to his voice. "But he's fighting from the back foot right now."[break][break]

Dragapult were known for their skill at long ranged fights. It was right in their name. Their fast flight speed, ranged moves, and hit and run tricks were held back only by their comparatively frail defenses. In this airborne wrestle, Contra was effectively fighting with a hand behind her back.[break][break]

"Do you see the Dreepy?" Surely, as the earth shook beneath them, the little dragonlets would at least poke their head out from Dragapult's mighty crest. "Dragapult can launch them at great speeds. See if Contra can get some distance and give it a try. It might really turn things around."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights