thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
the shade
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 10:30:17 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]when no response comes from his knocks, he assumes that she is not home and then proceeds to invite himself in. the lock is easily picked before he enters, and it's there that he waits for her arrival.

when the door eventually clicks open, he stays seated in the kitchen, waiting for her to enter before finally announcing his presence.

"blue."
[attr="class","becktag"]
[attr="class","beckpoke"]
[newclass=.beck] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.beckmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.becktag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.beck b] color: #d5d5d5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beck i] color: #d5d5d5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beck u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d5d5d5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.beck a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beckpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit.
awards
322 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
the shade
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 18:42:24 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]
[attr="class","star1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Laying low has been her priority in the months since that day on Route 120. Since her argument with Theo and her admittance to Shrina that she no longer wished to be a part of Rocket.[break][break]
Not that she's really figured out how to cut ties. Not yet. Fear keeps her in Slateport, barely leaving her place or Shinra's. She's not really important. She could've fallen through the cracks, she figures. It's a paltry reassurance - going unaccounted for is hardly possible when she'd been working under Theo, of all people.[break][break]
She shuffles to open her front door, juggling a few grocery bags in her hands. All is calm until his voice carries through the quiet gloom. His. Fear pulses through her. Bright. Hot. Crowding out the tinge of relief at seeing again.[break][break]
It doesn't stop the knee-jerk reaction that comes, though. The first thing in hand is hurled in his direction and the carton of orange juice explodes against the wall behind him in a bright, citrus spray. All the while her heart stutters in her chest. "Why?"[break][break]
Why are you here? Why now? Why?
[break][break]
[break][break]

//

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#677fb5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
the shade
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 11:07:17 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]out of instinct, his head tilts to the side to avoid being hit by the carton of orange juice even if it had been off target to begin with. splashes of orange juice splatter onto the back of his head; he does his best to ignore the wet feeling.

curiosity gets the better of him, so he asks a question to pry for an answer to a question that worries him: what does she think of him?

"why do you think i'm here?"
[attr="class","becktag"]
[attr="class","beckpoke"]
[newclass=.beck] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.beckmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.becktag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.beck b] color: #716075; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beck i] color: #716075; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beck u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #716075; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.beck a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beckpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
322 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
the shade
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 4:46:48 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

He barely bats an eye at the spatter of orange juice. The carton thunks to the ground, spilling out the remnants until the space smells of citrus. Acidic. Blue doesn’t move, doesn’t relax around him the way she’d once learned to, and then come to appreciate.[break][break]

To punish me.[break][break]

It’s the first thought to rush through her mind. Because it is what she knows. A life spent in subservience to different groups, different bosses. But repercussion has always been the same. She’s stepped out of line and this is the payment, right? She hates herself for thinking Theo would raise a hand to her.[break][break]

“I—“[break][break]

But he’s here, and he hasn’t fucked off to some other region like he’d wanted them both to do. Which isn’t as relieving as it should be in seeing him. Because that would mean—[break][break]

“No,” her voice is low and watery. Hurt. God, she still hurt. “I’m ask the questions. Why are you here, Theo?”
[break][break]
[break][break]

//

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
the shade
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 11:07:54 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beck theobeck"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

because that would mean he's somehow found a way to reintegrate himself into the organization he spent decades breaking free from; decades he can't seem to recall anymore. only distant memories and fleeting feelings.[break][break]

"i'm here for you."[break][break]

he still feels their bond, however, even if he can't fully remember how it's as strong as it is.[break][break]

"i need you back in team rocket."[break][break]

with me, he thinks to add.

[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".theobeck"] --accent:#716075!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".beck"] --accent: #716075 } .beck b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .beck { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .beck .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .beck .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .beck .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .beck .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".beck .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .beck .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .beck .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
322 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
the shade
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 3:54:53 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

“What?” She spits the word out, it flies off of her tongue with a sudden fury she didn’t know herself capable of possessing with him.[break][break]

“Why would you say that?” Another question as she takes a wary step back. But her chin draws up. Her eyes narrow to slivers of dark red. The shade of drawn blood.[break][break]

“The fuck, Theo?” She can’t go back, she can’t. She barely feels free right now, hiding like a scared dog the way she is. But for once she’s not tethered.[break][break]

It’s a terrifying thing she’s had to grapple with. But it’s hers.[break][break]

And he knows how difficult it was for her to reconcile. Twenty foggy years and a lot has faded from her memory. But not the feeling of what she had to wrestle with. And not how he was there.[break][break]

“You know I can’t,” that watery sound clogs her throat again, and she hates it. Hates how it makes her sound. Feeble and scared and pathetic. “And still you want me to just walk back into that cage?”

[break][break]
[break][break]

//

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
the shade
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 8:15:30 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

but she is tethered, whether she realizes it or not, to , to hoenn, to whatever fickle freedom she can find here, and also to him. their many years of friendship has made it so.[break][break]

"it won't be a cage, not as long as i'm there. things will be different."[break][break]

behind him, orange juice trails along the ground, pooling into a small orange puddle.[break][break]

"i know you can, and you will, because this is me asking you. i need you back, blue, with me."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".beck"] --accent: #716075 } .beck b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .beck { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .beck .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .beck .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .beck .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .beck .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".beck .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .beck .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .beck .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
322 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
the shade
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 14:29:35 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

She stares at him in disbelief.[break][break]

“Do you even hear yourself right now, Theo? Things will be different? Like hell.” Blue shakes her head, a hand passing through the strands of her hair in agitation.[break][break]

Since when does he actually buy that crock? Since when has he wanted to stay? “What happened? Why didn’t you go?” The questions have more bite than she thinks that they would.[break][break]

Anger rises under the grief she feels. The loss. It fits on her shoulders like a familiar old sweater that had been misplaced. Because she has only ever been good at snapping her teeth.[break][break]

“I can’t go back, I can’t.” Her fingers flex, curling into a fist and uncurling. Her voice climbs pitifully, like a child’s. “Why are you doing this to me?”

[break][break]
[break][break]

//

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
the shade
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 10:44:12 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"i stayed because i believe in what we are trying to do—in the peace i know we can achieve. here, i can help shape the organization. outside, i'd only be hunted and killed."[break][break]

it's only half the truth because the part of him that genuinely believes they can achieve peace has been stifled, suppressed under the increasing weight of the HATRED and GRUDGES he feels.[break][break]

to her last question, he replies:[break][break]

"because there is no one i trust more than you."[break][break]

because he is trapped and he does not want to be alone.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
322 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
the shade
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 15:11:34 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Her eyes narrow as he speaks, more disbelief rising like a tide inside of her that turns her stomach over in discomfort. She doesn’t know what it is, but this doesn’t feel right. Something isn’t right. She knows him. He tries to reason with her, but it’s a pill that Blue refuses to swallow.[break][break]
A dream she doesn’t have any faith to buy into.[break][break]
“You know it won’t change. You knew that before. What suddenly makes such a difference?” she skirts along the opposite wall she backed up against. Fear refuses to let her turn her back toward him or inch closer.[break][break]
It’s an enforced distance that hurts, sharp like a knife.[break][break]
“Then why won’t you let me help you leave?[break][break]

[break][break]
[break][break]

//

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
the shade
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 16:56:17 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

the distance hurts as well even if he doesn't realize it.[break][break]

"because i'm different now, blue. we both are. we have years of experience at our beck and call so let's use it."[break][break]

because the alternative is:[break][break]

"because we'd die when all i want is for us to live."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
322 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
the shade
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 17:00:42 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

“What do you mean, at our beck and call? Theo, I can barely remember most of what happened.” She frowns. All of it, fading like a dream. All that has remained is the feeling. The feeling of being accepted, their bond, not needing Rocket to thrive.[break][break]

What made him backtrack like this?

“You don’t know that,” she shakes her head stubbornly. “I won’t go back, I can’t. It was killing me.” Maybe not in body, but deep in her spirit. Stamping it out until she was a husk, all that fire dying out the more she acted as a violent hand.[break][break]

She remembers the night he told her that it was peace he sought. Violence as a means to an end. At the time, she’d thought it was interesting. Maybe possible. A mean dog that could use the idea to justify the way she weaponized her own hurt to cause harm.[break][break]

And then Galar happened.[break][break]

And now she can’t go back.

[break][break]
[break][break]

//

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
the shade
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 5:10:13 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"your freedom won't last."[break][break]

but theirs did last, back in galar where the sun was bright and the air was fresh and free. it all seems like a distant memory now, however, one that fades with every passing second.[break][break]

growing tired of her stubbornness, he resorts to familiar methods that he once buried.[break][break]

"if you don't go back, shinra will die."[break][break]

he says without missing a beat.[break][break]

"i'd have to kill him."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

lou

blue, murk
she/her
twenty-seven
october 29
goldenrod city, johto
grey-ace
lost dog (defector?)
executive
awards
322 posts
blue murtagh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @blue
blue murtagh
the shade
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 14:13:26 GMT
blue murtagh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

She looks at him, gaze sharpening, and she feels something inside of her break.[break][break]

Grief is there, but the anger takes over first, and now she doesn’t care to reason with him anymore.[break][break]

“You’re going to blackmail me, Beck? Me?[break][break]

Blue’s lips peel back in that old, familiar snarl. The one she hasn’t worn for what feels like years now. Hands balling into white-knuckled fists.[break][break]

“Don’t you dare say his name again.” A reasonable part of her knows that is not the sort to go down so easily. An officer of Kanto, sharp and canny, and diligent. He can hold his own just fine, but she is a cagey, territorial beast. This is hers.[break][break]

Perhaps when she was working under him, she deferred to him. Didn’t raise a hand or word against him because he was her superior. But time erased that, and the bond she thought mattered.[break][break]

Now, though, she’s unafraid of repercussions from what she does. The fear that has kept her locked in place across the room undoes itself and she’s across the room instantly.[break][break]

“You’re fucking selfish, Theo. This isn’t right, and you know it.” She shoves at him as her voice rises from something quiet and afraid to furious–a red haze that she wants to let filter over her sight and might.[break][break]

“Who are you?”

[break][break]
[break][break]

//

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
the shade
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 9:12:42 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

whether he realizes it or not, the threat delivered breaks him, shattering whatever connection he has left that binds him to his previous life.[break][break]

there is no galar. hoenn is all there is and all that will ever matter, at least until they conquer it and move on to the next.[break][break]

"i'm your fr—"[break][break]

what, friend? they had been something more, once, after decades of living together. after all the trials and tribulations they experienced and lived through.[break][break]

they were once family.[break][break]

he stumbles as he's shoved back, bumping into the shoddy excuse of a dinner table. he does not bother to fix it as he reaches into his pocket to toss her an equally shoddy excuse of a phone.[break][break]

"next time it rings, pick up."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]