2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
swing and a miss [s]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 17:46:52 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","pokkenger"]

Thinking back he's never been to Fortree that much in all of his time here in Hoenn. He's passed by for sure but never took the time to actually get to know the city. Who knew a hidden treasure like a school for swordplay was hidden among the proverbial trees.

"Well, let's see if i'm not too rusty." It had been so long since he actually held a sword in his hand and he wanted to know if he was still competent with one. Depending on how you viewed it he was an amateur at worse and a master at best. The horrible truth was that the latter only existed in a dream of knights and dragons that he wasn't a hundred percent was even completely real even if told otherwise. Besides does experience in a dream even translate to the real world? He was here to find out.

[newclass=.pokkenger] [/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger i] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #18d13f;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
Be the power to compel me, hold me closer than anyone before
awards
169 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
swing and a miss [s]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 3:09:48 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Finn crunched on an apple as he sat on the steps of the main hall - a small snack as one of his trainers took the students for drills somewhere else in the village. It was a rare moment of silence... until a swashbuckler showed up. Quite a few of these types had been showing up recently - walking in through the gates of the school seeking adventure.

Finn shifted his weight, unfolding his legs and resting his arms on his knees. He eyed the man like a Sceptile perched atop a tree as he strode into the main square - a large open space surrounded by walkways covered with red-roofed terraces.

"Lost?"

Finn stood up and dusted himself off. He was dressed simply - a white tank top, black workout trousers, his crown. His eyes were welcoming, sharp and dangerous all at the same time. This newcomer looks like he's wielded a sword before. But what drew him to this place?

Finn took another bite of his apple.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
swing and a miss [s]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 5:08:45 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

The question caught his attention and when he saw the one who asked it he couldn't help but stare at the man. The eyes on him did keep Kaz from making any sort of movement or even gesture. They were fierce. It was the casual bite of the apple that managed to settle his nerves and make him kick himself for being so on edge. Maybe it was just the fact he was the newcomer here getting the better of him.

"Yo." He says with a wave and a smile, "Heard 'round these parts this place teaches people how to study the blade right? Used to be handy with one but I sort of fell outta practice," Until he picked it back up and trained for another twenty years only to forget about it all in an instant, "So I was wondering if ya'll were still taking students. Would love to pick it back up again."

If not for himself than to keep other people safe, "All the dangers round the region would be easier to deal with if I could protect myself y'know?" Not that he couldn't handle himself thanks to his own size, it helped to have as many skills and options under one's belt.

[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #18d13f;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
169 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
swing and a miss [s]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 8:47:16 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Finn saw many would-be students wander in and out of the school's gates, and most of them got what they wanted - some kind of self-defence, fitness and mindfulness. But what Finn really wanted to see was someone who saw not just power, but power for others; using the blade as an extension of the heart.

Did this guy have that potential?

Finn chuckled mildly. This newcomer didn't look like he had any problems protecting himself at all. The guy was built well, and clearly had at least some knowledge of how to wield a sword. Finn imagined he probably had some strong Pokemon too.

So...

"Why the sword?" Finn asked, curious. He wiped a smattering of apple juice off his chin. "Why not Pokemon - heck, even a gun. What about the sword attracts you?"

"I'm Finnegan, by the way. And you are?" Finn tossed his apple into his left hand and offered his right forward.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
swing and a miss [s]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 23:52:26 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"Kazimir, just call me Kaz." As he introduced himself he also let out a chuckle at the question about why he wanted to learn about the sword. It was true that even by looks alone Kaz seemed like the type able to handle himself in a fight. With his muscles and training handling himself wasn't really an issue so when he was faced with the question he really had to think.

After all the first time he tried using the sword was cause it was...

"Family tradition. I'm from Galar and my family has a history of raising Honedges so we like to train with them by using them as actual swords. Don't worry they seem to enjoy it." There was a stigma against using the ghostly blades in such a manner due to the fact that they were infamous for stealing lives from people by simple touch, yet his family managed to find a secret to avoiding that from happening, after all they were Pokemon. Fighting was in their blood, and a promise to bring combat to them usually did the trick.

"Used to have a Aegislash I did that with until they passed away a few years back. Recently I came into more Honedge and a few Pokemon that kind of inspired me to at least get back into fighting with one again. But I've been focusing on my body a lot more so I'm a bit rusty. Was kinda hoping your school could help me refresh my muscle memory." Plus there was one other reason he could give that started him on such a path years ago,

"Plus having a lot more options to handle myself in a fight will help. Can't rely on my fists all the time to keep myself and my friends safe."

close tab

played by

Robin

Master Flying Sword
he/him
June 16
Fortree City
Bi (But mostly men)
Swordsman + Coach
Civilian
23 height
23 height
awards
169 posts
part of
TAG WITH @finnegan
Finnegan Yang
swing and a miss [s]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 8:41:51 GMT
Finnegan Yang Avatar

Finn listened in earnest. He liked how Kaz spoke of a familial connection with Honedge, and how they tempered their natural instinct for psychic vampirism with the bonds of trainership. It reminded Finn warmly of his own family's connections with the Pokemon that lived in the area and how they brought out the best of each other.

"Let me show you something real quick."

Putting his apple, now chowed down to its core, Finn hopped up on his feet and strode towards a corridor off the side of the main square. With a flash of his green eyes and tilt of his head - magnetic and heated like a sword in a forger's flame - he invited Kaz to follow him. Past halls of students running their drills and Taillow squawks, Finn brought them to the hut containing his office. He dipped inside by himself for a bit and emerged, releasing his sword from its leather sheath.

"Blade formed from the feathers of a Skarmory. Handle sculpted from the black Augurite of a Kleavor. Forged with a drop of my blood.". The sword caught the sun as brightly as his crown.

"It's not just muscle memory. It's the memory of lineage and blood."

Finnegan eyed Kaz again. He looked like he was worth the investment.

"Before we get into the swordplay, why don't we check out the way you and your Pokemon work together?" Kaz seemed like someone who would understand that the true blade was the friendship forged between trainer and Pokemon.