[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]October 14.[break][break]

Another year older. She's somehow made it to the age of 14.[break][break]

The sea sings for her, the Wingulls a gentle choir as the stars dance in the darkened sky. The moon is kind in its watch, an observer to the way the duo descend upon this abandoned stretch of sand. And it will keep their secrets, merely peering at the bag and bucket laid down on the beach.[break][break]

Gosh, how loud the crinkling must be as she pulls the packet out, her fingers wrapped around one of the sticks that she draws. And with a brief spark from Reiner's paw, it comes to life - A mini firework carefully dipping down towards the ground as she holds it at a loose arm's length.[break][break]

"♫ Happy birthday to you... happy birthday to me..."[break][break]

She isn't sure what's meant to be happy about it, but as Reiner brushes up against her to enjoy the sparkler's glow, the thought is banished to the back of her mind.[break][break]

"Happy birthday to both of us... ♪"
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 13:57:21 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Get back here, you little-!" A torrent of water cut Isaac off, dragging him down beneath the depths.[break][break]

With the latest flare-up in Hoenn's war over, Isaac could turn his thoughts to more important October matters; Eris' birthday. By now, she'd already seen glimpses of his potential. Glimpses weren't enough. Isaac knew what would make the girl happier than anything, and he couldn't think of a better time for a dramatic reveal.[break][break]

Suicune, who'd turned tail and ran the second Isaac beseeched them, clearly disagreed.[break][break]

The first time, Isaac took no for an answer. That had been a mistake. Suicune, usually a Pokemon he was lucky to get a glimpsr of, haunted the edges of his vision like some persistent mirage. Whenever he tried to call out to them, they vanished. Eventually, losing his patience, Isaac gave chase.[break][break]

Thus began the status quo for the next three days. Isaac would ask Suicune to show themselves. Suicune would deny him, Isaac would give chase, and the two would duel atop the water's surface. It never ended well. Isaac would always black out one way or another, whether from being swallowed by the waves or from the sheer exhaustion of trying to keep up with Suicune.[break][break]

He'd always come to on the shoreline, faintly able to make out Suicune watching him from afar.[break][break]

Morning. Afternoon. Evening. Three duels over three days, always the same result. Not this time. As the deluge of water surged around Isaac, he held his hand up as if it were a knife. The slightest gap was sliced through Suicune's Surf, just enough to let Isaac squeeze through. "Not . . . gonna be . . . that easy!" Even as he gasped for breath, even as he felt his legs burn, Isaac forced himself to charge across the sea.[break][break]

Perhaps, from her nighttime perch, Eris would notice two shooting stars skimming above the water's surface.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
glow || c
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 14:23:11 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]What had been promised was a night without much wind. What had been delivered was a series of rather turbulent breezes that cause her sparklers to flicker and fade. And it's cold with the sudden change in weather, a numbing chill gnawing at her skin even through her cardigan.[break][break]

Reiner is the first to see it, his gaze pulled into the far horizon as two strange lights waltz upon the waves. Lightly pushing the sparkler into the bucket, he grunts, tips his head towards the peculiar sight if only to make sure that he isn't seeing things.[break][break]

"Huh..." Comes her first response. "Should we check it out?" Comes the expected response. Either way, the Luxray knows that her curiosity has been piqued and the thought will not die unless she grabs ahold of some answers.[break][break]

"I... don't feel like getting drenched though."[break][break]

Him neither, he snorts. Instead, he points towards her backpack, nudging something from the side pouch - A pocket telescope with her initials very carefully carved onto it, now decorated with little legendary paintings of her own. Surely, it'd be enough to at least catch a glimpse of what might be happening. And should it be something worth the whole notion of getting soaked, she'd have to commit to the late night adventure.

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 15:27:45 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Heck do you got . . . against little girls' birthdays?" Isaac's body unraveled into wind, allowing him to launch himself towards Suicune at great speeds. In response, Suicune did the same. The two swirled around each other and cancelled out, their bodies returning to normal.[break][break]

Eris would see the two's silhouettes through a veil of mist, facing each other at the edge of the horizon. Isaac was clutching his ribs, all the exertion sending pain shooting through his body. Suicune was far less troubled, their nane rippling freely in the breeze.[break][break]

"Look, I get it. You're not some prize to show off. But this isn't about that." Suicune stood, impassive and imperious, as the winds and the waters churned around the two. "There's someone really special to me that wants to meet you, even just once. Not for any of those shitty, selfish reasons, but because she cares. She just wants to help tell your story."[break][break]

Suicune studied Isaac, eyes narrowed. They hadn't even moved an inch. For a second, Isaac could swear he saw them smirk. Then, without warning, they lunged towards him.[break][break]

This was new. Suicune had never taken the offensive before. They'd always been running away, keeping just out of reach until Isaac couldn't keep going. In a panic, Isaac looked around, wondering if he could do something, anything to stall the beast's charge.[break][break]

Perhaps his answers lurked below. Isaac flung himself to the water's surface, defying his own water walking. He broke clean through the surface, allowing Suicune's rush to pass harmlessly over him. Once safe, he pulled himself back to the water's surface, the waves spreading thin to help make room for him. "Ha! Betcha didn't see that coming, ya-!"[break][break]

The smirk on Suicune's face was all too clear now.[break][break]

". . . Don't tell me." They obliged, instead opting to charge Isaac once more. As he tried to repeat his little water trick, he was in for a rude surprise. In a flash of cyan mist, the waters above him froze into a sheet of ice. What should have been an easy breach was now reduced to fingertips frantically pressing against an unmoving surface. Would this be how it ended? Another blackout between the waves?[break][break]

No. Not like this. Isaac pushed out with his hands, willing the water around his head to part. Then, before it could splash out too far, he pulled back and willed it to stop. The water, now forming a protective dome, left Isaac with the tiniest pocket of air to work with.[break][break]

It'd be enough. With this second wind, Isaac swam to the edge of the ice sheet, putting all his weight into flipping it over. The feeling of the cool nighttime air on his skin heralded victory. He flopped onto the sheet, taking greedy gulps of air to make up for what he had lost.[break][break]

Such was his relief that he almost didn't notice Suicune stalking behind him.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
glow || c
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 15:52:20 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Creatures, people. She isn't sure what she's meant to make out amidst all that mist, but her guts simply scream at her that something might just be wrong.[break][break]

The fact that Reiner tosses her pokeball for her means that he shares her train of thoughts, a Wailmer called out upon the churning waves as he whistles lowly with the wind. And they won't waste a single minute, shoes and paws swallowed by the ocean as they trek out into the cold. Despite the way the tides push against them, despite the frigid air that nips at her cheeks, she merely shrugs the shivers off and urges the Wailmer onwards.[break][break]

"Hello??"[break][break]

Gathering the courage, she does what most people would deem stupid as she calls out into the swirling mist. This isn't the first time she's spoken to the sea and it most certainly doesn't feel like it'd be the last.[break][break]

"Is someone there? Do you need help?"[break][break]

A voice. A cry. As long as she hears anything akin to it, she might be fighting demons for all she knows but she'll still put up a fight if it means saving another life.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 18:43:08 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Isaac heard her before he saw her.[break][break]

So, too, did Suicune. The second they heard Eris' voice pierc the veil of mists, they bolted. What took Isaac a small running start took Suicune but a single footstep. They were the wind, and then they were gone.[break][break]

Not on Isaac's watch. He followed in Suicune's wake, remembering what happened every time he'd tried to run. Of course! Beings as free as the wind couldn't be stopped. However, they could be redirected. His own ephemeral form curled around Suicune's, their opposing flows cancelling one another out. They twirled together, unraveled, and once more reformed to face each other.[break][break]

"Wanna help me?" Isaac said, still obscured behind the mists. "Then cover your eyes and count to 100!" Now that he knew what Suicune was trying to teach him, he wouldn't need much more time than that. He sank into a runner's stance, fingertips gently caressing the water.[break][break]

Running like this wasn't easy. His back was going to kill him the next day. However, the results were undeniable. As he encircled Suicune, the waters churned behind him in an amateur attempt at a whirlpool. Alone, it would be too slow to make Suicune even blink. Paired with his blistering speed, he'd actually mamaged to whip up an impressive spiral of water.[break][break]

Whenever Suicune tried to break through, Isaac would pull at the waters to shift their flow. Each and every time, Suicune would find themselves redirected back to the center of the whirlpool. Was Eris a fast counter or a slow counter? Isaac wished he knew, because the effort needed to keep this up was getting exhausting.[break][break]

Whether she played along or not, Suicune was also keeping count. At 100, their eyes would flash a brilliant violet. The waters Isaac churned to life would immediately be cowed by the will of their true master. Isaac, in disbelief and exhaustion alike, sank to his knees. "Sheesh . . . you were holding back?"[break][break]

An errant Surf from below would help Isaac rise to his feet. Suicune approached him, leaning in so that their crest could rest against his forehead. Their intent was clear; pride, the kind hard-earned after a battle of three days and three nights. Of course Isaac couldn't defeat a legend at their own game. He could, however, stsp up to the plate and give them a good workout.[break][break]

With their little challenge resolved, Suicune trotted over towards Eris.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 0:36:35 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]? Why is he here? A battle in the mist, a dance upon the open ocean - For once, she's hit with a half-unravelled mystery, one that had been neatly jolted into place. Faith turns her vision turns dark as she shuts her eyes, her head struggling to keep a train of thought as she juggles it with the upwards count.[break][break]

1, 2, 3... Water bending, walking on water, healing, purifying. Like the murky waters that had turned clear.[break][break]

19, 20, 21... Suicune and Isaac being sighted together by .[break][break]

45, 46, 47... Traits of being an avatar. She had suspected a legendary having shared their infinity energy when she'd spied him in the middle of that blighted woods.[break][break]

73, 74, 75... What in the world is he trying to do now? Most definitely not running around the world with the grace of the Northern wind. The ocean churns and Kuji does his very best not to be pulled in.[break][break]

98, 99, 100.[break][break]

Perhaps, this is why he'd always tried inviting her to the water's edge. When she opens her eyes again, their struggles cease, an interruption blooming from the very core of the problem - The elusive answer they'd been searching for.[break][break]

"You're the one..."[break][break]

Unlike those two, Eris isn't blessed by the tides. She can behold their majesty, taking in every bit of detail that she can snag by the faint moonlight. She could be cowed by awe, or perhaps, be swept up in the troughs of burning jealousy. She could ask far too many questions to get on their nerves, or freak out at just how surreal this all is.[break][break]

But in this moment, she chooses to smile, brimming with words she hadn't had the chance to speak that day.[break][break]

"Thank you for keeping him safe."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 13:09:26 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]At the mention of "keeping him safe," Suicune shot Isaac an amused glance from the corner of their eye. "What?" Isaac asked, only to receive a wry smile in turn. It was clear keeping Isaac safe was a lot easier said than done.[break][break]

Then again, Reiner could surely relate.[break][break]

As Suicune approached, their demeanor changed. The twinkle of amusement in their eyes gave way to a deep, soulful warmth. Whike still larger than life, there was no sign of the clash that once made them so awesome and terrifying to behold. Instead, gentle ripples pulsed from their paws, creating a smooth, waveless oceqn illuminated by the full moon overhead.[break][break]

When they finally reached Eris, they hunbly bowed their head. A voice, not quite spoken yet not quite thought, echoed through her head.[break][break]

"Thank you for giving him the will to always keep going."[break][break]

Judging by the way bashful way Isaac huffed and looked away, Eris wasn't the only one to hear.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 13:41:09 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Oh, Reiner most definitely understands what Suicune is getting at, giving Eris a little sideeye of his own. It's only when the legend approaches that he begins to straighten up, pulls her close if only to make sure she doesn't go falling off the Wailmer in a moment like this.[break][break]

It's strange, hearing those words bouncing around in her head. Words that don't belong to her in the slightest.[break][break]

"You don't have to thank me... I think he finds plenty reasons himself, y'know? With always putting himself in danger and stuff? Finding out how lots of other people need help?" She's certain that those words could be spoken to anyone that held just as much, if not more importance to Isaac. But there's still something really special about hearing it from someone she'd never expect to hear it from.[break][break]

"I hope you don't get too mad at him for always running off on his own in those kinds of situations."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 13:58:33 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Oi, if we're talking who's running off on who, then I'm not the one that's got explaining to do." This time it was Isaac's turn to side eye Suicune, who simply answered with that same wry smile. "But, not like the north wind's gonna stop for anyone. Guess that makes us birds of a feather, huh?"[break][break]

Two drifters, walking their own inexorable paths through the region. They followed no direction but the their will, their instincts, and the pull of their just, compassionate hearts. In a sense, Suicune was what Isaac wished he could be, and Isaac was the potential Suicune longed to see fostered and nurtured. It was a natural partnership.[break][break]

"Most part, it's been going well." It sure wasn't perfect. The downside of a sink or swim mentorship was that, when he was wrong, he was wrong. had proven that firmly enough. "And now that I can catch up to them, who knows? Maybe I'll see 'em more often."[break][break]

Isaac didn't miss that slight eye roll from Suicune. "Yeah, yeah, I know. You let me win. Don't gotta rub it in, sheesh."[break][break]

"Still, even if they're not the most . . . direct teacher, they're right about a lot of stuff." With that, he turned to Eris, sighing softly. "And they're right about you, too. Hell, you were the one to give me that first push when I wasn't sure about Rocket, remember?"[break][break]

The fact that a child had the courage to say what underbosses were too chicken-shit to. The fact that grown men wanted to maul said child as a result. The dawning horror that a child was even in this mess in the first place. All he'd wanted was, in the aftermath, to make sure she was okay. He'd never expected it all to escalate this far.[break][break]

"You're important, okay?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 14:19:57 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She doesn't quite know what she's said or done in the past that's given him the push but if he thinks it so, can she really refute it? Her gaze drops, her fingers fidgeting as the tips press against each other, hooking into one another and pulling taut until some part of her knuckle lets out a rather awkward crack.[break][break]

Important... is she really important? She must've been at some point, an important part of her parent's life, just like how important they were in hers. Just like how important Reiner remained in hers to this very day.[break][break]

"I believe you'll see them a lot more. And even if they didn't let you, you'd pretty much barge in anyways."[break][break]

It's scary, being presented with such words. Even scarier to attempt to parse the very thought. When she finally reaches the bottom of what it actually means, what will she find? What if she's reading too much into it? What if she fails to see what she's been hoping to hear all along?[break][break]

"You're gonna go real far, you know?"[break][break]

There's so much room for him to grow, so long of a road ahead of him to travel. She's certain that he'll shine even brighter than he already does, or learn to polish the parts of him that has never been given the chance. But perhaps, even as she pulls together a smile, something quietly teeters in the back of her mind.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 14:39:04 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Heh. You know me too well." Isaac met Suicune's gaze, and through it he understood. Every time he was left to fend for himself, every chance he was given to experiment with his gifts, even this impromptu birthday battle, it was all for that very same reason. Suicune wanted to see if Isaac had what it took to chase the storm.[break][break]

Only then could they stand against it together.[break][break]

Yet they need not face it alone. Suicune was both the tempestuous storm and the refreshing stream. Isaac had already wound his way through so many lives, connecting them in unexpected ways as a river connected distant lands. When the time came for Hoenn to face its worst, no matter what form it took, he knew he would have many a friend and loved one at his back.[break][break]

One of the most important of those now stood with him, telling him just how far he'd go. "Takes one to know one," he said, shooting Eris a grin as bright as the moon that hung overhead. "You're miles ahead of where I was when I was your age, y'know. Once you figure things out, you're gonna be unstoppable."[break][break]

"But don't worry about that yet, okay? One foot in front of the other, one step at a time. That's how we'll get so far."[break][break]

Because, by this point, it was a we, wasn't it? Eris was the little sister Isaac never had. The idea of losing her or leaving her behind terrified him. Yet he wasn't the only one terrified. In the shadow of Eris' pride was a distant, looming fear. "Hey. You okay?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 14:51:45 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She's only miles ahead because she's been forced down the path. If she doesn't take that next step, she risks falling deep into the unknown. But what lays ahead? A fraying tightrope that she isn't sure she'd be able to cross. Many tough decisions that people expect her to make, but she has no idea what is the ideal answer in their heads, what would make people hate her less.[break][break]

"Nuh." In the moment, she wonders if it really is a lie. It had been 'we' when they first left Rocket, hadn't it? Now it had become an 'I' to fit her name. "Why wouldn't I be?"[break][break]

Fidgeting on both Reiner and her part are traitors to her thoughts, but a part of her knows that most people back off when it comes to prying into how she feels. Always because they're scared of how she'll react if pushed too hard. And perhaps, she shares that same fear too.[break][break]

"If anyone isn't okay here, it's the one that looks like they just went through the dunk tank."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 15:10:18 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Why wouldn't I be, asks the girl who has been through a dozen flavors of hell.[break][break]

A part of Isaac knew he had no right to pry. Another part hated having his intelligence insulted like that. A third part realized, had the roles been reversed, he'd be the one lying his ass off to protect her. How could he blame her, when he saw himself reflected in her many facets.[break][break]

"Huh, me?" For now, he'd play dumb, be the big goofball who filled her heart with so much hope. "No way, I'm fine. Totally needed a bath, anyway." Inspiration hit. He held a hand up to his head, fingers swirling in those same, practiced motions. Water streamed from his hair to his fingers. By the time he was done, his hair was as dry as a bone.[break][break]

"See? Good as new!"[break][break]

If Eris expected Suicune to reprimand Isaac for his foolery, she'd be in for a shock. If anything, the legend watched him with great interest. That open mind of his let him take the toolbox Suicune gave him and put it to use in dozens of unexpected ways. Suicune wondered how many of these would blossom into more practical uses.[break][break]

With a shrug, Isaac tossed the water back into the sea. For a moment, his voice took a turn for the serious. "It's okay not to be okay, y'know. Arceus knows I'm not." Despite the gravity of his words, his tone was light, focused more on understanding than on burrowing. "We've been through a lot. More than anyone should have to."[break][break]

"But, that's not what today's about, is it?" That little grin lit up on his face, a mischievous spark flashing in his eyes.[break][break]

Oh no. He figured it out.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
glow || c
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 15:21:26 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Don't ever use this as an excuse not to bathe." He's creative, she'll give him that. Where she expects Suicune to give some kind of a sigh, the water-borne legend is simply interested in just how wild his mind can get. "Or hog the shower 'cos you're busy practicing how to move water."[break][break]

Hell, she feels like he'd even do it in the kitchen when she isn't looking.[break][break]

The way he reassures her is... comforting, to say the least. Perhaps, even more so because she knows that he's probably already seen through her ruse. He's had his fair share of experiences to figure out that there's no way they'd be okay. But even that moment wanes in the way he simply pulls that leading question on her.[break][break]

"Today?"[break][break]

Play dumb. He doesn't know. There's no way he knows. As long as she doesn't give any indication that he may have gotten something, she might just be able to get away with it.