awards
3,203 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
languor
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 18:51:52 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"maybe you're right," she relents, but that's scary too. it allows for so much she can't control. her fingers tighten in fernando's, but she's delicate, the claws of her gauntlets slipping through the gaps. again, she wonders after his state of mind. she'd watched him consume his own mist and as far as she can tell, none of it has trickled back out. 

not like it had when king punched it out of her.

she chews her lip and turns her gaze back to isaac, eyes widening in surprise as he gathers himself to his feet. it could be bravado; she half expects him to pitch forward and splash water over her again. but he doesn't. 

lyune turns his massive head when he summons his yanmega. otherwise he does not stir. 

freya looks up at his offered hand and grits her teeth. she extracts herself from fernando and slides her palm against isaac's, skin warm, fingers clasping, and whimpers embarrassingly as he helps haul her to her feet. 

she leans against him and it's awkward; he's shorter than her. but after a couple of quick, fluttering breaths, she is able to fish around in lyune's saddlebags for his pouch. it's an excruciatingly slow process, finding the right pokeballs for all of her suffering dragons.

lyune is the last to go. she touches her forehead to his and thanks him in soft, ancient growls, wondering about the synchronous beating of their hearts.

it takes almost all the rest of her energy just to help isaac roll fernando's limp body onto the makeshift triage bed. when they're done, she staggers and lays beside her fellow councilman. her arms slide protectively around him and she sighs into his neck.

"i've got him," she says, in a tired murmur to isaac.
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
languor
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 19:19:59 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Her stumble betrayed the fatigue Isaac tried to hide. His knees buckled ever so slightly as Freya flopped down on him, but he set his feet and held her as best as he could. For but moments they rested there together, willing themselves not to be the first to falter and show weakness.[break][break]

Indeed, they hadn't. With Freya's breath caught, and Isaac's strength transferred to her, she was able to rise to the occasion. One by one, her Pokemon were tucked away, and Fernando was soon to follow. Before long, the three were stop their silken escape route, dangling from beneath the great Yanmega as if it were a hot air balloon.[break][break]

"We can try again once you've got your strength back up." Her offer hadn't been lost in the shuffle. How could Isaac forget such trust from someone who had so much reason to be scared? "I still don't know how it all works, but . . . only one way to learn, right?"[break][break]

Maybe then, his powers could actually show up when it mattered most.[break][break]

"It all still feels so weird. Never thought someone like me could even do something like this. But, guess I could say thar about a lot, huh?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,203 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
languor
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 22:54:46 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

everything hurts too badly to really get pulled back under. she envies fernando, as the silk cocoon swings into the air, jostling every scrape and bruise and shattered bit of bone. her teeth grit. her adrenal glands are coming up empty now and what was left throbbing in her veins has finally dissipated, leaving new waves of agony in their wake. 

part of her wants to ask isaac to clock her on the head. the other part is still terrified if she goes to sleep now, she'll never wake up.

"i trust you," she finds herself saying, which is a marvel in itself. "even if you don't know, i don't think you can mess me up too badly. not after what i've been through." not after everything fernando put her through.

"and besides, at least you mean well." her lashes curve against her cheeks. through iron and salt and the taste of the sea, she smells what is distinctly, humanly fern. "more than he ever did."
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
languor
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 4:25:01 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Just what in the world was with these two?[break][break]

With how reverently she spoke about the man she'd abandon anything to be with, how tightly she'd held his hand, and how closely she'd melted against his body as they lay upon the evacuation bed, Isaac had figured Freya and @fernando were as thick and thieves. Then, in the same breath she used to savor his aroma, she said he'd never meant well for a day in his life.[break][break]

Isaac was never one to drop a perfectly good mystery, but for once he wondered if it was best to let sleeping dragons lie.[break][break]

"I'd be careful with that," Isaac warned, a gentle smile on his face. "If anything, the fact that we've been through so much shit's all the more reason to take it easy for a change. Don't you think we're owed that? For once?"[break][break]

Why should suffering have to be their lot in life?[break][break]

"But, hell. For you, I'll give it the best shot I can." Isaac gave the councilwoman a smile, weariness and hope in equal measure. That, moreso than anything, was their true lot in life. Of course there was suffering. It was Hoenn. Anyone who tried for better here was in for an uphill battle at best, a fool's errand at worst.[break][break]

Yet they still tried. They still fought. They still meant well, for themselves, for the ones they loved, and for causes far greater than they could ever comprehend. This was the other half of the equation, the satisfaction that made all the suffering worth it. Where they drew it from, and why it was worth fighting for, Isaac couldn't say. Something told him Freya couldn't either.[break][break]

All they knew was that, even in the grim darkness of the Hoenn region, there was always a hope worth chasing. Wonders worth discovering. People worth loving. Moments worth experiencing. Every day, millions of people explored millions of these little wonders, their lives both the smallest, most insignificant speck of space dust and the most expansive, all-encompassing infinity they'd ever hope to know.[break][break]

Maybe in the end, that was why they fought.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,203 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
languor
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 23:32:39 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"no," she says plainly, "the world doesn't owe us anything."

the canopy of silk swings. wind sifts gentle fingers through her hair, chilly after soaking for so long in the water. she'd be impressed with the yanmega if she could focus on anything other than the pain that's become her person and the slashing scores of battle that flicker every time she closes her lids.

more sits on her tongue, but her throat has been rubbed raw from her screaming and her breathing and the mouthfuls of blood she's choked up and swallowed. it doesn't matter either - the rest of it. 

“i was your friend. i did more than enough for you, freya.”

“but you did nothing for me except use me. you never treated me as a friend. just someone to use for your own gain, whether you recognize that or not.”

“your heart?”

“you don’t deserve me, freya.”

before that, when she'd asked of him, when will i be free to walk away? he had said, when you lose the will to fight and he had known - of course he had known - that it would never leave her. that when you strip away her skin and flesh and enamel and marrow, she is at her small, inconsequential core, a fighter.

it takes a lot for her to love, but to fight for those she does?

that's second nature.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,923 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
languor
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 2:18:21 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven