awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the poison tree
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 17:46:02 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he said he would fix her suit. she thought, first, of putting it off as long as possible in an effort to stave the inevitable. but then she'd reconciled - he meant what he said and no amount of waiting could deny it. still, that doesn't mean she won't put up a fight. 

she has her sygna suit in hand. after the fight and after the medical team peeled it off of her smoking flesh, it hadn't neatly folded back in on itself. something about the midsection getting ripped to all hell probably has a bit to do with it. 

his assistant had suggested a formal appointment. that line in the sand hurt. 

so she waits as patiently as she can in the lobby of devon co., the sygna suit on one side and her quiver at the other. 
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the poison tree
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 10:14:37 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","alex devoncorp"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

a formal appointment awaits them.[break][break]

the councilwoman won't have to wait too long before she's led through devon corp, navigating through floors that should be vaguely familiar—familiar enough, at least—before arriving at the research and development division. through one of the doors is alexander, back turned to the door and wrapped up in his own research.[break][break]

"thank you, iris," he says without missing a beat. his assistant leaves them, closing the door behind her.[break][break]

finally, he turns, though does not step away from the workstations that surround him, each one containing screens that display various information on megalopolis and its inhabitants; what little they have learned, at least.[break][break]

"you look as though you're recovering well, councilwoman. apologies for the wait, i was...occupied," he chuckles, sparing a gesture around him.

[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".devoncorp"] --accent:#649187!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".alex"] --accent: #649187 } .alex b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .alex { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .alex .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .alex .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".alex .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .alex .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .alex .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the poison tree
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 3:16:21 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she could have dreamed it all. every moment of her bedrest is blurry, a push and pull of touches of pain until there's no more pain to be had, only the drip-drip-drop of clear ambrosia in her veins. though she's still apprehensive while she follows behind, thumbing down her sleeves to cover her wrists and the palms of her hands.

there's some amount of pride in his voice and he addresses her with an ease that makes her relax. had i made it up after all - oh. councilwoman. still, not entirely unusual.

"this is brilliant, alex," she says and she means it. her gaze sweeps curiously over the screens, picking up bits and pieces of information above the normal citizen's security access. it makes sense, given his standing, and sentimental pride swells in her chest as he chuckles. 

"it's nice to see you in your element." 
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the poison tree
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 12:55:38 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

it's hard not to smile at her sentiment; there's no helping the swelling of pride that comes from it; but he is quick to remind himself of where they now stand.[break][break]

"it's nice to be back in it," is all he says even if he wants to say more.[break][break]

after a brief pause, he continues.[break][break]

"so, how badly damaged is your suit?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".alex"] --accent: #649187 } .alex b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .alex { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .alex .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .alex .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".alex .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .alex .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .alex .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the poison tree
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 0:35:24 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

to business then. that warm, prideful glow doesn't leave her eyes, though she does give a bit of an embarrassed simper. when she'd gotten 'home,' she'd put it in the shower. hung it up right on the faucet and unfolded it so she could clean out the blood and the muck. 

it took her hours. not that she remembers most of it, drugged up as she was. 

it sparkles beautifully, almost lovingly, a garish contrast to the midsection being a gleaming rupture. the skirt cape is torn, the fireproof cape riddled with holes from ruination. her pauldrons and her greaves escaped damage, save for a few dings.

she doesn't think much of it when she lifts up her shirt to show the half-dissolved stitches on her side, her bruised ribs. 

"they pulled a lot of slate out of me. the armor kept me alive." alive long enough to get rescued by . alive long enough to get to a hospital.

she looks at him thoughtfully. "did you receive a summons? i never...saw you on the field."

i didn't even think to look for you, she realizes with a pang of guilt. 
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the poison tree
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 5:48:44 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

would she be alive now had it not been for the suit? would she had engaged the way she had to begin with? the dilemma he struggles with is shown through the half-dissolved stitches, each bruised rib echoing this is your fault against you saved her.[break][break]

he looks away shortly after.[break][break]

"i wanted to fight," but had advised against it, "but we decided against it. the fewer people know of my return, the better."[break][break]

if he had been there, would he have been able to stop her from intervening? no, he thinks, because he wouldn't even have known of her intentions to begin with.[break][break]

"i don't think i would have made much of a difference."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the poison tree
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 15:04:01 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

his expression is readable, emotions surfacing through the carefully constructed layers of his mask. she allows her shirt to fall back down and nods, pleased, at the very least, that there are others who still value his life. even if it's self-serving, he's being watched out for. 

"i would have gone anyway, you know," she says. "and there's a chance i wouldn't have made it.

"but i wanted so badly to live, alex. i still do. that fight was for hoenn."
it's true, but like all truths, there are nuances. white stains, petty little lies. "and myself."

she shakes her head. "i'm glad you stayed behind. you're too important to lose."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the poison tree
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 16:36:47 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

he shakes his head, letting his GRUDGES slip through in the form of a chuckle and a gesture at the stitches under her shirt.[break][break]

"i designed the suit to stack the odds in your favor hoping that maybe, just maybe it would have been enough to make a difference."[break][break]

may have influenced more than she realizes. tragic, really, at how it all seems to unravel all because of a single touch. if only he had been more careful, then perhaps his mask would still be in tact.[break][break]

he mutters a confession, one that condemns him.[break][break]

"i just didn't realize it would stack his, too."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the poison tree
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 17:53:32 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

and stacked the odds he had, but there is a limit, even then to what she could have done. she has come to terms with the fact that her everything was simply not enough. if she hadn't scorned him all those years ago, then maybe fernando would have listened. maybe she could have broken through his hubris. 

her expression sours at alex's admission. their discussion by her hospital bed is hazy at best, lacking at worst, but she remembers his anger. she remembers him telling her that fernando should have died. 

that she had done the wrong thing and he cannot stand by her any longer. 

"you say that like you were betting against him," she says with a scoff, but that can't be true.

that can't be true.

because to oppose fernando silph is to oppose the well-being of hoenn. to oppose fernando silph is to oppose the league. and now, to oppose him is to oppose her
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the poison tree
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 5:08:08 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

the next one comes out easier than the last.[break][break]

"i was."[break][break]

but he had done more than bet; he stacked the odds against , supplying with a weapon he thought would be enough to bring an end to the man who had poisoned far too many.[break][break]

he taps on the workstation before swiping up to one of the screens around them. the details of her SYGNA SUIT are displayed as the model rotates by default.[break][break]

"are there any adjustments you'd like?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the poison tree
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 23:14:17 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she stares at him a long while. to be on unfriendly terms is already difficult enough. to find him as her opposition is another thing entirely. something she won't accept. 

the hologram version of her suit rotates. he asks her a question, but she does not answer. she is racing through the battle, searching for signs of him and finding nothing. seconds tick by. her eyes narrow. she looks like she's about to say something, but then shifts. 

"i need the underlayers skin-tight. elisabeth's curse managed to get in. and a cowl - something i can pull over my nose and mouth on a dime if tapu fini's mist comes out again.

"and more paralysis and heal pulse arrows."
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the poison tree
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 10:35:09 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

with a nod, he steps over to the adjacent workstation that shifts in the ground as he approaches. the top of it opens, the lid sliding back to reveal another SYGNA SUIT; hers, except new and intact and slightly different.[break][break]

"i've already made adjustments to the underlayers but i hadn't thought of the cowl. i'll have it ready in a few days."[break][break]

it's clear by the slight differences that he had never stopped working on it. even now, even after the rift that separates them, his mind still flows with ideas, hoping that all these contingencies he thinks of will be enough to delay what he now believes to be inevitable.[break][break]

he looks back at her at the mention of the arrows.[break][break]

"you will have to find your arrows elsewhere."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the poison tree
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 8:23:29 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

of course he already has the second build ready. she clutches the first almost possessively. it served her so well; to discard it feels sacrilege. but that doesn't matter now. she has to move forward. they all do.

she blinks.

"what?" she says dumbly because she can't think of anything better than that. then it comes with a furrowing of her brows, a thinning of her lips

"you really mean to stand against me because i stand by him?"
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,852 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
the poison tree
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 11:05:21 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

her confusion is warranted and expected but he does little to prepare her for it.[break][break]

"i'm not standing against you, freya, but i cannot be the one arming you anymore."[break][break]

because the trust between them has shattered and it will take time to gather up the pieces and even more time to mend them back together into what once was.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the poison tree
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 20:37:30 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"we have common enemies, alex," she says lowly, frustration stoking the burning embers in her words. and even that feels so callous, so apathetic, in the face of their friendship. it's not the arrows she's losing here. he's cutting her out. 

"you don't get to do this. you don't get to scorn me after i made the decision to heal. i hated him, alex, but i hated me more, for what i let him do because i was hurting."

“It hurts, but you’ll be okay. You were okay before them and you’ll be okay again.”

"you protected him too," she says, eyes narrowed, and she knows that this truth will hurt. that when fernando was taken, when alex was called upon, she was still lost. "you protected him while he tormented me."