Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Ace Detective (HBIC Agent)
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for a SECOND that I am one of them.
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
Collateral Damage [M][Kaz]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 22:40:50 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]After falling from that arch, the world went black.

When the detective woke up, he was trussed up like an action film hostage. For a moment, his eyes remained tightly closed. There was a possibility he’d been taken prisoner; it’d be unwise to broadcast his consciousness without ascertaining his location. The sound of beeping, terrible television, and distant call signs informed him that this was a hospital and not a prison facility.

That was somehow worse. With a groan, his blue-grey eyes drifted open. “Nngh.” His head felt like a balloon made of lead—likely courtesy of whatever cocktail they were feeding him. Surveying the room, Nikita found his displeasure growing by the second. There was nothing of interest in the room except for a whiteboard with some obnoxious hearts doodled on it. His nurse for the day was Jenny, but she and the doctor had already made his rounds.

At the very least, it seemed he’d have some peace and quiet. Fumbling for a cigarette—or any fix really—he found himself demeaned by the stereotypical backless gown. “Tch.” Skeletal fingers moved toward the back of his hand, aching to tug the IV out and escape from this place. The sound of squeaking shoes was all the warning he got. “Grandpa!” A boy burst through the door. An Alakazam hovered behind him, a relieved smile on her face.

“Are you okay!?” Samuel’s voice was like knives to his aching head. “Do you need me to help with the pillow! I can get the remote!” Like a whirlwind, the elementary schooler left his mark on the room. “They told me you got hurt fighting! Did you win?” Nikita just sighed. Batting the boy’s hand away, the detective moved to swing bare legs off the bed. “Of course, Samuel.”

But he hadn’t. A fact the inner hound in him sought to remedy. That electric menace would be next on his list.

Suddenly, a little hand was tugging on his arm and trying to get him to his feet. The needle dug deeper into his skin. He saw those bright blues far closer than he needed to. That helpful, insistent expression was the spitting image of his grandmother. Just like every other damned part of the damned boy. “I can help you go potty! The nurse said you shouldn’t be up on—” Already far from the most patient man, Nikita snapped. “Be quiet, Samuel.” It was a venomous, nasty hiss.

Then, the boy’s lips started to quiver. “I—I—I—I'm sorry.” The waterworks just made things worse. With frustration evident, Nikita's tongue cracked like a whip. "Just stop."

[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

[attr="class","nikitatag"]

@kodiak

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.nikita] width:400px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita b] color:#D59F3A; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita i] color: #C1C1C1; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #000; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -60px; width: 402px;  text-align: right; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:490px;height:40px background-position:center right; background-color:#D59F3A; text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png)[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 22:52:48 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","pokkenger"]

Kazimir had been hankering for a bite to eat and the soup that they brought to his room was just not filling him up. He needed something with actual protein in it. That's why he was huddling along the hallways trying to make his way to the Cafeteria or to a little stand he noticed outside selling egg sandwiches earlier. He just needed something in his stomach and nothing was going to stop him save for this young kid running past him.

One would think that a kid would be aware of someone hobbling along with a bandaged leg and body but that didn't seem to be the case. When he saw him rush into a room he was about to walk past he could sort of forgive the kid. He was just probably going to see someone they knew. He didn't think he would also know the same person this kid was looking for as he walked by.

It was only a cursory glance into the room but on the bed he recognized the man sitting there, someone who helped him out by Dewford in the large battle for a resurfaced island's treasure. The sight causes him to pause and watch as the kid tries his best to help his "grandpa" feel better yet the older man just was not having it.

"Hey man ease up." Before he knew it he was entering the room with a stern look on his face glaring at Nikita, "Your grandson's just worried about you. We both got messed up on that island so ya should just let him take care of you. You look like you need it way more than I do."

[newclass=.pokkenger] [/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b] color: #30c2d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger i] color: #30c2d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #30c2d7;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for a SECOND that I am one of them.
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 6:20:40 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]The older man’s eyes didn’t match his voice. Though his voice leaked with venom—something as potent as the Nihilego at his belt—there was something else in that gaze. An almost palpable hurt that went deeper than his broken ribs. And, beneath all of that, fear. But all Samuel heard was hate. The same cold disdain that characterized most of their interactions.

At Kazimir’s voice, Samuel shrinks slightly. He feels guilty. The last thing he wanted to do was get Grandpa in trouble. Trying his best to be a big boy, the child wipes at his eyes with an already damp sleeve. “It’s—it’s okay.”

When Kazimir spoke, the detective’s eyes narrowed to irritable slits. But he does not immediately lash out. There is still a reputation to uphold, and it wouldn’t be furthered by throwing a tantrum. A deep breath managed to smooth over the emotions. When he reopened his eyes, Nikita’s face showed nothing but professional detachment. “I do not believe you have experienced the joys of having children, Mister Wynter.” Absent of its band, his hair swung with the shake of his head. “So, excuse me if I do not put much stock in your opinion.”

With a grunt, the detective swung his legs off the bed. A hand grasped blindly for his glasses. After a moment, he managed to put them in place, a difficult task with only one hand. “Nor do I need ministrations from a first grader.” A hand placed itself on the cheap end table as he tried to push himself into a standing position. An action that almost sent him tumbling to the floor. “Especially not one who should be in school."

Samuel started forward but drew short. A tiny voice emerged. “But, Grandpa, it’s Saturday.”

@kodiak

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.nikita] width:400px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita b] color:#D59F3A; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita i] color: #C1C1C1; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #000; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -60px; width: 402px;  text-align: right; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:490px;height:40px background-position:center right; background-color:#D59F3A; text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png)[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 14:12:51 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","pokkenger"]

"Well but-" A flash of a bundle of kids having his features flash in his mind. At one point in a far off dream he did have kids. He did find them annoying at times but he could also say that the short time with them was always a blessing. He doubt the man trying to pry himself out of bed would even believe something like that though, he didn't seem like he was in the best of moods.

Evident by how he forgot it was Saturday of all days and that kids normally don't go to school on that day. The retort from the kid did put a bit of a smirk on Kaz's face as he he put his hands on his hips. "-But I'm also a guy with parents, so believe me when I say that the kid's just worried about you. We were both at the island, we both got roughed up pretty badly."

He puts a hand on the older man's shoulder, its not to push him back onto the bed but to just hold him in place, to stop him from taking another step forward. A gentle but firm signal from one wounded man to another. "Just take it easy ok? What's the worse that can happen if you're not up and at it right away?"

[newclass=.pokkenger] [/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b] color: #30c2d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger i] color: #30c2d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #30c2d7;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 16:59:16 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]Even a verbal spar would be a welcome respite from this hell. Already, the incessant beeping was grinding on his nerves, reminding him of the heartbeat of an enemy that just would not die. The open-ended protest was greeted almost hungrily by those tired eyes. Unfortunately, it seemed Mister Wynter’s brain had taken the majority of the bloes. So, that statement merely hung in the air between them like a dangling modifier for some time. Well, there we go.

At the toddler’s protest, Nikita felt his normally stoic cheeks redden. Had he truly been out so long? His mind turns not to thoughts of mortality but to the things he’d left undone. The Rocket whose base he was meant to infiltrate and the meeting he’d planned with his dealer. A hand rose to idly scratch at a pockmarked arm. “Well, I am certain there is homework and such to be done.” A fact that Nikita did not know for sure. “Something more useful than caterwauling at my bedside.” Such things were always Robin’s territory. He saw the children off to school but did not pester them about their work, merely trusted it would be done.

The talk of parents made Nikita shift in his bed. His own mother and father were still alive, albeit in a far-off region. The latter a gangster of no small means and the former a doctor of English turned teacher. Though cordial in their interactions, the trio did not see eye-to-eye on many things. Still, there was love there. But he did not remember ever feeling worried for them as Samuel now was. “His worry is unnecessary, I assure you.” If losing his entire world and being left with this consolation prize had not done it then gravity did not stand a chance.

At the talk of the island, Nikita sighed. He could feel Samuel straighten as if a bug whose antenna had detected a vibration. “What island? Grandpa said he was at work I thought he’d slipped in a bathtub or something!!” Those big eyes were pools of endless curiosity. A void just waiting to be fed whatever tidbits Kazimir chose to reveal. “Uh—” Sam’s eyes widen as Kazimir’s monster hand locks around his grandpa’s shoulder.

With a noise of irritation, Nikita slaps it aside. He does not enjoy being touched. Especially not by some meat-handed vigilante intent on lecturing him about things he knew nothing about. There would be no taking it easy. There couldn’t be. The question hung in the air between them. The truth jumped to his mind unbidden: I would have to think. Certainly, he does that all the time—it is part of the job. But in this silence, well, the void stares back. All of the things he’s built a wall against threaten to encroach upon it, like a tide shattering a dam.

His fingers twitch for something to shift his focus. Already, he can feel it prowling the recesses of his mind. All of the failures and the feel of crisp flesh beneath his nails. How ironically similar a burnt human body smells to a barbeque. The steady beat of his son and grandson’s heart monitors beside an all-too-empty chair.

“People die, Mister Wynters.” Or, worse yet, don’t.

@kodiak

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights