She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
Shattered [S]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2023 23:18:50 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"FREYA!"

An orange blur tore through the pathway to the dragon sanctuary. Gwendolyn had been carrying a wounded Gabite in her arms.

His teeth had been shattered as a result of chomping into the crystal infused monster. Stuck and uncertain what to do, the Ranger trainee sprinting to a nearby Ranger outpost, got a cooling pack of ice and had him suckling it.

"Freya! Freyaaaaa!"

She neared the entrance through tear ridden eyes. Somehow the events of what happened hadn't bothered her until Gwen had time to reflect about what happened. Her eyes were red and stung from the tears dripping out of them, trying to ease Gishath's pain as the Gabite was in a dulled pain from his accident.

By the time she had entered the compound, Gwen had been reduced to a sobbing, hysterical mess. Even as people approached her, she'd be shouting, screaming for the one person she hoped could help.

"FREYA!"

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,903 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
Shattered [S]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2023 0:47:36 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
there are workers upon her at once and as soon as they take stock of the situation, several orders are given. a request for medical instruments and an alarm sent to freya's phone. 

freya, who flies far, far above ever grande, practicing her aerial falls off of dragonback. she twists through the air in her sygna suit, fingers fumbling at the cape, her dragonair spinning through the air at her side. they twist down, corkscrewing, until finally she reaches out and aeris' wide wings fan, draconic spirit flaring to lift them back upwards. 

she hears gwen before her dragons begin their roaring. 

on the ground, she dismounts aeris at a run and an attendant is there to meet her, moxie in her arms and another pokeball in her palm. 

"gwen," she says and though she's still by most means a stranger to physical comfort, she reaches out her arms to ground the panicked woman in a hug. "gwen, it's okay. what happened?" she looks past her, at the gabite as he's pulled away to be tended to. 
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
Shattered [S]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2023 8:57:54 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

The works congregated around her as Gwendolyn continued to suffer from her breakdown. Something had finally hit her full about how vulnerable she was in Hoenn if something like that could just take her out completely.

From above, the councilwoman had dropped down from her flight training, clad in a sygna suit that the ranger trainee would have fawned over had she not been in hysterics for the past hour.

“I’m sorry. I’m *hic*” Gwen sulked as she felt the warm hug against her body and just went limp. The adrenaline poured out of her body from the sprint over here as she became aware of her injuries. Her legs and side ached from the fall down the stairs, along with the left side of her head throbbing.

Even her glasses had not been spared in the encounter. The right lens received a visible crack underneath her eye with the left being missing entirely, though some small shards had cut her cheek up. They hung ajar on her face in wake of the danger.

But nothing else mattered at the moment. She pushed Gishath to the workers, hoping they could help him. The Gabite was still in pain, though dulled thanks to the ice which numbed the pain. His eyes continued to lock onto her while she wept.

“I’m sorry, Ah-I’m so *hic* shawwy…”

After a few more minutes of collecting herself, the girl was able to control herself enough to calm down. Gwen wiped her eyes and kept her gaze down. Like a child having failed a test and being sent home to reap what he had sowed.

“We were sent to investigate a disturbance…in Lilycove. Something about a pokemon there crying in pain. I couldn’t wait for a superior to get there and went to investigate myself. We snuck inside of one of the derelict houses and saw…”

Even just remembering the figure clad in crystal was enough to get her to start the fit again. She hesitated, breathing ruggedly as the feeling of fear continued to resonate through her form. Gishath’s agonizing cries echoed in her mind. A noise she never wanted to hear ever again. It played over and over again without end.

The ranger covered her face and remained quiet for a moment before starting to cry again.

“This is all my fault…I didn’t want him to attack like he did…What kind of ranger lets a pokemon like that get so hurt?”

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,903 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
Shattered [S]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 19:57:57 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
her arms, strong and packed with lean muscle, catch gwen as she collapses. she grips her tighter, tugs her close, wonder if her hold is awkward and if she should be doing more. her anxieties stretch away from the girl, callously toward the dragon she once called her own, and sees gishath bleeding from the mouth. 

lyra is released from her ball and the illumina dratini slithers off of freya's shoulders to join her - life dew and wish help assuage the worst of the pain so he's more compliant as her team goes in to address the wounds. 

she kneels, taking gwen with her so she can draw her back, hold her face in her hands.

"he's a dragon, gwen. he'll do what he likes." she offers a wan smile. "don't blame yourself for his nature, or for whatever monstrosity did this to him."

how many of her own has she lost to ignorance? to futility? if she hadn't pushed herself to the brink, the moxie of her dratini's namesake would still be here, alive. if she'd paid more attention on the field, howl, her charizard wouldn't have been ripped apart.

she wants to press. she wants to examine the wounds. but before she can do that, she needs to get gwen under control. so she rubs circles on her back, checks her over for wounds, and tries her best to soothe her. 

"but he needs you now, gwen. and you need to tell me what hurt him like that."
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
Shattered [S]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2023 3:06:12 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

It had taken Gwen a little while to come down from her fit of anxiety and nerves. Freya held her head so comforting while she could only be at her lowest point since coming to Hoenn. Maybe somehow, even lower than usual. She sniffled and wiped her eyes free on any bitter tears of frustration as Freya offered some well needed guidance.

Gishath allowed Lyra and Moxie to assist in easing his pain. This time, he wasn't as abrasive as before. His yellow eyes went to Gwen currently in shambles and let out a pained growl at her. His fin raised itself for a moment but went back to watching the two pokemon surrounding it and the rest of the team.

"Y-You're right..." The lowly ranger had gotten the worst out of her system. She had remembered the day she spent researching and making notes of what she had read in the Dragonology book the week before approaching Freya. The words that had seemed so distant but now, closer than ever before.

Gwen exhaled and removed her glasses as she began to slowly wipe at the bits of dried and moist blood caked to her face.

"There was a man. He was...His entire body was just crystal. Not like shining crystals you see in caves, but dark ones." Gwen shuddered in the councilwoman's grasp. In her eyes was that same glimmer of hope and a natural curiosity, now diminished to a simple ember of fear.

"It didn't have a face or anything. Just shaped like a human. Ah-I don't know how to describe him. Just black shards everywhere."

"We heard him come up and ran to hide underneath a bed, but his hands were like blades. It cut through a solid wall and more...I picked up Gishath and tried to run but he blocked our way. He reached out to me, and Gishath launched himself at that...that thing!"

"But it didn't even phase him! All it did was break his teeth and hurt his arm. I had a way out after that and ran out of the house as fast as I could. Called the rangers, then came here..."

Gwen had been slowly returning to a normal state of mind during her status report to Freya. By the end, she could be understood and thankfully had stopped crying.

"I-Is he going to be alright? I'll do anything! Ah-I can't let you down again, not after you let me train him..."

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,903 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
Shattered [S]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2023 20:44:44 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
gwen paints her a picture of dark facets flashing with brilliant colors, but what should be hard black crystal is prismatic watercolor, echoing pains her body does not remember because it has not experienced it. if she hadn't poured herself into remembering, it might have blindsided her now. 

relentless onslaughts, a waking fear, a restless searching for a way out of that doomed, terrible place.

then it's gone, slipping away in the way memories do. her lips are a thin line. she is staring down at gwen, but she is still far away, digging for a name. digging for anything. coming up with nothing. 

"you haven't let me down, gwen. i - "

"miss morningstar, all of his teeth have shattered. we'll need to put him under and remove what remains of them."

she nods tersely. 

"he'll be okay," she says sharply, down at her, wanting to explain but stricken by the news. her fingers have tightened. she sees a body, gutted down the middle, viscera floating in the sea. a twisted grimace, rigor mortis freezing thalia's final snarl.

exposing lacerated gums and teeth shattered beyond repair. 
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
Shattered [S]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 2:53:25 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

The news breaks Gwen's heart. Her stomach felt as if it was being stretched all the way to her feet. A new wave of tears was stockpiled and ready to be unleashed when she was ready. The ranger hit the ground in a brief fit on anger and let out another soft hiccup while choking on her tears once more.

"Wha-What if I'm not there for him?" she asked Freya. "He can't eat or bite into things. I can't keep him by me forever, what do I do?"

Gwen was hopelessly conflicted on what to do. Her foundation was thoroughly demolished as she lay in the rubble of what was once her vision of the future for the two of them. Nowhere in her many thoughts and dreams of getting older together was him losing all of his teeth.

"I should have just ordered him to leave. He could have been safe, gone to one of the Rangers and left me there. Or told him to stay in that closet. They need him more than some rookie who can't keep her team safe..."

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,903 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
Shattered [S]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 15:07:09 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
frustration gathers acid in the back of her throat. if she's not careful, it could catch fire and if it catches fire, gwen will get burned. this is why she's never wanted kids. delta has always been mature for her age, has never been reduced down to an emotional mess like gwen, but she's still a kid and more than anything, she's taught freya patience.

so rather than snap, freya swallows her frustrations and raises her palm to the back of gwen's head, thumbing through her hair in rhythmic strokes.

"gwen, you can't change the past and you're going to kill yourself thinking of all the things you wish you'd done differently. all you can do now for yourself, for gishath, is move forward."

she looks down at her, jaw set, pale golds filled with intensity.

"he chose you, gwen. don't forget that. and don't do him, or me, the disservice of slandering yourself like this. what do you do now? you keep working with him. you keep training him. evolve him and he'll get his teeth back."
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
Shattered [S]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 2:45:00 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

The feeling of Freya's hand on the back of her head had offered Gwen a stability that she so needed. She took another moment to compose herself again and wiped the tears from her face again. Her form shook as a pained cough left her chest. The woman was right. She needed to stay strong for him. Gishath would live. Even if it was a new hurdle to jump over, they would cross this storm together.

"Right. W-We can do this..."

Her hands curled into a ball and then slowly pushed herself up onto two feet again. They shook, but she was finding her balance, slowly but surely. Gwen groaned in discomfort and watched as the technicians were slowly putting Gishath under to remove the last fragments of his teeth. Everything still hurt around but, but she'd have to force herself to go on.

"Sorry to dr-drop in unannounced. I just panicked and you were the person I only knew that could help. The other PokeCenters are dealing with an influx of people right now." Gwen still felt awful, having to run home crying in order for somebody else to solve her issues. But Freya probably wasn't in the mood to play therapist as well as doctor.

"We've been training though. I think he's slowly starting to listen to me more now. And we messed around in some of the wild areas. It's kind of hard to believe that he's that same little Gabite that I gave gems to a while ago. I think I'm slowly starting to get through to him."

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,903 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
Shattered [S]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 22:13:50 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
gwen regains her composure and freya keeps her hands outstretched in case the poor girl falls back over herself. when that threat has seemingly passed, she gets to her feet. 

gishath has a long road ahead of him. his pride will be wounded and it won't be easy to push him to evolve. gabite are resilient creatures, though; their scales themselves are invaluable curatives. those properties live inside him and she knows for a fact if he can just push through, he'll be okay. 

but he's no longer hers. gwen will have to make that journey with him. 

"don't apologize for asking for help," she says, blinking away from the scene and back down at gwen. "i told you - i'll be here if you need me. don't ever forget that."

don't do what i did. don't pretend you can shoulder the world.

"moxie and lyra can ease his pain and help him heal. he'll be back on his feet in a few days." she scratches the back of her neck. "even my own dragons disobey me, gwen. sometimes you need to trust their instincts. if he had listened to you, i think you might not have gotten out of there alive."
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
Shattered [S]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 22:32:33 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Gwen exhaled again, pinching the bridge of her nose while trying to collect her thoughts. Her ego and mindset were broken in pieces by her feet, with her only plan being to pick herself back up and start over again. Her first movements were a little lopsided and threatened to knock her off balance, but she recovered.

Freya's observation did make her stop and wonder to herself. "You think so?" she asked while glancing towards the direction that he was taken in. Another beat of silence came. She removed the glasses from her face and shoved them into a jacket pocket while standing there.

A billion thoughts running endlessly in a loop. But none of them enough to make her walk. Until one finally rose above the others.

"I...want to find out who that monster was." her voice trembled, filled in the brim with a frustration that somebody naive to the world would have. "I have to be stronger than him. All of us n-need to be..."

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,903 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
Shattered [S]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 0:12:02 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
that itching persists. every time she goes to grasp the thought, it leaves her. it's been like that, ever since she stopped obsessing over the diary. ever since she stopped belaboring herself of the memories that would never be hers. 

she looks onward too and finally, after all of this, she smiles. she clasps a hand on gwen's shoulder - softly, gently, afraid she might tumble at a moment's notice - and she says with her crooked smile, all teeth, "we'll find it. whatever it is."

there is always a fire there when freya comes alive. the beckoning of battle sings in her bones.

"and we'll make it suffer for what it's done."
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
Shattered [S]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 22:52:20 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"Yeah...Yeah." Gwen winced at her own inhibitions preventing her from putting off everything and searching for this guy. Her hands shook visibly as she was stuck in her own thoughts. The hands holding the remnants of her glasses had balled, to the point of her knuckles turning white.

"Sorry, I...don't really know why I'm angry." she said through pained gulps, unable to look at Freya. "I just...I just really want to fight something. Like really hurt it."

The ranger huffed and threw her glasses down and managed to slow pull her face back to Freya. "Thanks for the help. I owe you...way too many times. If you ever need my help, just ask and I'll be there. It's the least I can do, if anything..."

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,903 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
Shattered [S]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 18:41:43 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
a pained look stretches over her face. she knows anger all too well. she knows what it means to want to make someone hurt

"hold onto that anger, gwen, but don't let it consume you." similar words she'd spoken recently to her newest project - . is this her lot now? to forge, in dragonfire, a weapon for these wayward souls, hurt time and time again by forces larger than themselves. 

"you don't owe me," she snaps, forgetting herself. she does not know what it means to be gentle. 

"just...promise you won't go after him without me."
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
Shattered [S]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 6:03:23 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

She was a little disappointed and not being able to repay Freya for all she's done. The snap did hurt her, a barb in the heart, but Gwen did her best to try and understand.

Freya did press her for trying to go after the man responsible. Something that weighed heavy on the ranger's mind. Gwen exhaled and relaxed her hand until it had stopped shaking.

"I promise." Gwen slowly moved her head up and down. "I can wait for a while."

She moved her attention back to her Gabite as they wheeled the pokemon off and prepped for surgery. It was a heavy sight to see, but Gwen wanted to be there for him. Even if he wouldn't do the same for her, she owed it to him.

"I should go with Gishath. Thanks again for everything. You've done so much for me, and we barely even know one another..."