thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,309 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
making time
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2023 5:28:34 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beck theobeck"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

at the sound of approaching footsteps, he turns and regards the mad scientist with a nod. though it has been a while since the two last met, his greeting is kept short and to the point.[break][break]

"oscar."[break][break]

no smile graces his features as he takes a step, disrupting the puddle of water that covers the area of the seafloor cavern.[break][break]

"been well?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".theobeck"] --accent:#716075!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".beck"] --accent: #716075 } .beck b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .beck { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .beck .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .beck .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .beck .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .beck .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".beck .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .beck .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .beck .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,802 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
making time
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2023 0:52:33 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
When an underboss invites you somewhere, you never question it. You just go. Yet even the unwavering Oscar felt put off as he traveled to a cavern deep under Ever Grande. If he did not know any better, he would think that this would be a great place to leave the body of a freshly killed scientist. An amusing idea, Theo would never want to hurt Oscar right? Right?

In all seriousness, Oscar would be lying if he said he was not nervous. Yet he did not reflect his anxiety as he approached Theo within the cavern. He had every right to feel fear, but it was up to him not to let it get in the way of his work. "Theo." Oscar replied with a whimsical tone as he finished his advance.

"I'm okay, feeling a little tired." Oscar paused as he appreciated the natural beauty of the cavern, perhaps searching for a hint on why he had been called there. "You did not pick an easy place to meet up. What are you planning?"

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,309 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
making time
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2023 3:50:13 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"i needed someplace quiet." and remote as what they are here to do is meant for their eyes only.[break][break]

his gyarados that had been coiled around him starts to stir awake, unfurling its long frame as it rises.[break][break]

"i haven't had the time to catch up with your situation."[break][break]

he questions.[break][break]

"were you away?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".beck"] --accent: #716075 } .beck b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .beck { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .beck .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .beck .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .beck .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .beck .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".beck .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .beck .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .beck .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,802 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
making time
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2023 21:58:42 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar was tempted to focus on the crimson gyrados but he kept his eyes solely on Theo. Not to be cool or anything, he just thought it would be more polite. Don't get him wrong, the gyrados was terrifying. But to break eye contact during a conversation? What was he, a neanderthal?

Oscar nodded his head thoughtfully. "I was. My documented illness reached a point where I could no longer perform my duties. I went to Unova for treatment, and as you can see it worked." Oscar motioned to himself dramatically, inserting a little humor into an otherwise serious report.

Oscar clapped his hands together, "Thus I have returned, although much has changed in the short time I was gone."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,309 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
making time
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 5:51:09 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

his head dips in a nod. there's no point lingering on the topic of oscar's health. what matters is that he's returned and is in capable shape.[break][break]

"much has changed, yes."[break][break]

for better and worse, depending on perspective.[break][break]

"have you caught up with what you've missed?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,802 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
making time
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 20:51:43 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar nodded as he shifted his weight, taking on a more casual stance with his legs while folding his arms across his chest. "Yep, everything is up to date. Well, except with whatever happened on route 120. No one can give me a straight answer about it, I am assuming it was some sort of mass delusion."

Oscar tilted his head, his cheeks getting a bit red as he recalled another pressing change. "The hardest change has been with Zapdos. It left my side when I got too sick. I thought that I had lost it entirely but at the very least it seems content with living at the power plant. That was a pleasant surprise to come home to. Other than that, everything is as it was before I left."

Oscar did not like admitting to failures, though he supposed that the loss of the thunder bird was not a huge misstep considering that he still seemed to have its favor.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,309 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
making time
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2023 17:17:42 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

chalking it up to delusion is easier, and so he leaves it at that, not even bothering to comment on it.[break][break]

"yes, no matter how you look at it, your sickness rendered you incapable, thus failing zapdos. we are lucky that it still chooses to align itself with us."[break][break]

his hand slides into his coat, finding a peculiar pokeball.[break][break]

"but we need to do more with it. we need it to be our weapon."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,802 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
making time
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 0:11:26 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar made a brief exaggerated frown, reeling at the harsh truth behind Theo's words. It was not unwelcome though, if Oscar could trust anyone to provide some brutal honesty it was Theo. Still, his failure stung--or more so the failure of his body. Where would he be now if his sickness had never occurred?

It did not matter, the past was the past. It was time to focus on now. Yet the present would prove just as perilous as Theo pulled out a pokeball. Oscar's blood ran cold, and his placid facade melted.

"I--that's not--you couldn't--"

Did he?

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,309 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
making time
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 14:43:04 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","becky underbossbeck"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"you've trained it well, oscar, in what little time you had with it."[break][break]

credit is given where it is due; has earned that much.[break][break]

"but it's as i said. you could've done more."[break][break]

the pokeball in his palms is not that of ZAPDOS. the legendary kantonian bird remains unhoused, wild and able to roam freely.[break][break]

but it's here, somewhere, lingering, watching.[break][break]

"i'll show you how. call out to zapdos."

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".underbossbeck"] --accent:#716075!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".becky"] --accent: #716075 } .becky b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .becky i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .becky { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .becky .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .becky .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .becky .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .becky .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .becky .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".becky .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".becky .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .becky .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .becky .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,802 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
making time
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 15:09:38 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
It was a harsh truth, but Oscar agreed. Zapdos has untapped potential, and the weakness of his physical body prevented Oscar from tapping into it. He was a little relieved to hear that Theo was not holding Zapdos's ball, how he would have gotten his hands on it would have kept Oscar up for months. The former beast was still surprised to learn that Zapdos was here, hiding within the cavern.

Oscar looked around, as if trying to locate the legendary bird's position on his own. When he failed, his eyes would rest upon Theo. Oscar was not sure what Theo had in mind, but if it was to make Rocket stronger--he would have to trust him. He gave the underboss a nod before cupping his hands and calling upward.

"Zapdos! Can you hear me? It's Oscar Clayton! Reveal yourself!"

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,309 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
making time
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 7:01:30 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","becky underbossbeck"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

tension thrums with every fleeting second before the eventual reveal comes—a jolt of THUNDER so powerful that it almost knocks gyarados out if not for years of experience at its back.[break][break]

"there it is."[break][break]

he says, voice unwavering as he watches his gyarados pour a FLAMETHROWER across the space. red and orange illuminate, revealing the legendary bird.[break][break]

"now, do your best to faint it."

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".underbossbeck"] --accent:#716075!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".becky"] --accent: #716075 } .becky b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .becky i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .becky { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .becky .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .becky .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .becky .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .becky .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .becky .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".becky .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".becky .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .becky .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .becky .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights