vct: colin vs lasciel

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 19:34:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The stadium seemed full enough, and all the challengers were pretty excited. It pumped Colin up a great deal. He smacked his face a couple times to try and pump himself up for the oncoming excitement. Seemed he was lined up next against someone named . With his Growlithe nipping at his ankles, the pokemon seemed thrilled to get the ball rolling. As the two approached the middle of the court, Colin offered a hand out to his opponent. Proper sportsmanship was a necessity in these sorts of competitions.

"Name's Colin! Currently stationed here from the Kalosian branch of Pokémon Rangers!" he beamed. "Let's make this a fair fight, yeah?"

If Lasciel opted to shake his hand, her grip would be met with a warm affability. His Growlithe spun about in quick circles, excited to start the battle. It seemed some other folks had come prepared with Mega Evolution and other tricks up their sleeves. He felt almost out of place, but hey. Here's to an honest fight, at least. After their greetings, Colin took his place on the opposite end of the arena and readied himself and his Growlithe to battle.

notes
hp: 3/3
gimmick: Pokémon without gimmicks receive a +10 modifier on rolls that include the number 0. If 100 is rolled, they receive a +30 modifier.

⚰︎ divider made by milky!
close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
31 (appears way younger due to distortion)
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
171 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 22:10:47 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
Heh. Shaking hands, almost like equals. It was rare for men this size to offer that. The usual was like, petting her head or something like that.
Lash would take it, of course.
“Um, hello Mister Colin. I am Lash, this is Lyca. Seems like this is going to be a dog beats dog kind of match,” she introduced herself along with a nice little pun. One would be forgiven for thinking that she was just a youngster that got the proverb wrong, of course.

But she did not. It just was not the kind of situation where anyone would eat anyone. Her own handshake was naturally weaker than his, but it was also stern and secure. The kind that someone who used them somewhat frequently would have, really. “As for fairness? Well, I only got Lyca to use of course, so I will use anything to my advantage within the rules.” She shrugged. “That’s what someone like me has to do, after all.” She mostly meant as a woman living on her own. But the age she was constrained to certainly did not make it easier, either.

HP: 3/3
Z-move on standby
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 1:35:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
There was a mysterious air about the trainer before him, almost as if she was mentally and emotionally mature for the age she looked like. But hey, he'd grin and bear it. Maybe she'd seen enough destruction that forced her to be more mature. Or maybe it was something else. Not an issue he'd press, but one that left him just a twinge curious. But enough of that, his Growlithe was ready to rumble.

"Let's try to take this a bit more long range yeah? Spit out an EMBER!"

As if on cue, the Growlithe opened its maw and breathed in fire. Soon enough, the charge shot forward, attempting to hone in on the Lycanroc. Probably not the best choice of move against a rock type, but here he hoped it would be effective enough.

D29GUwnv

notes
gimmick: Pokémon without gimmicks receive a +10 modifier on rolls that include the number 0. If 100 is rolled, they receive a +30 modifier.

close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
awards
118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 14:31:20 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar
So, he wanted to play this long, ranged, eh? Ah, well. They could do that, too. The ember did not seem all that threatening anyway. Sure, being hit would take away something as per the rules of the tournament, but for one, well, Lyca was not really well-versed in those yet. Instead, believing that it could take it, the Rock type instead used the opportunity to howl and set up a Stealth Rock, causing jagged rocks to erupt from positions all across their field of battle.

That was much more in its and Lash’s nature. Though it was probably an odd strategy for someone that looked like she did to use. “Do you really think you can stay at range forever? Because if you give us that much room, we are going to punish you for it, you know?”

HP: 3/3

Z-move on standby

Using Stealth Rock, taking Ember like a champ (though probably still taking a heart loss)
(was still logged on wrong account, but the post is as it should be still, so not making work for the mods here:P)

hj|h6ykN
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 20:05:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It was miraculous that the hit managed to land. Colin grinned wide and felt the excitement bubble in his chest. Maybe the pair could work in sync despite the disadvantage. The Growlithe, proud of its momentary success, turned back to its trainer and wagged its tail.

"Yeah, good job, bud!" Colin beamed. "Let's try to keep the momentum going!"

And with momentum came a wild charge forward. As the Growlithe ran forward, fire began to build around it until FLAME WHEEL had taken to the field. It was an admittedly imbalanced move, so he didn't hold his breath on the accuracy. Maybe the Lycanroc had something else up its sleeve.
xtHplf0z + 10 (gimmick) = 100

notes

close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
171 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 20:18:26 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
Somehow, that man’s grin ticked her off. Lash was not quite sure. It was not quite a dung-eating one, but she found it irritating for some reason. Lyca, likewise, was irritated at how proud the little one was about having scored a hit like that.

Sure, it counted as per the rules of the tournament, but still…

Anyway, it was probably best to not be too careless from now on. “Well then, greet it with a Sand Attack, see if that works.” Stacking evasion was usually a good move. At the very least that way she could always just say that it was bad luck if they got hit again.

Lash did like to have her bases covered while Lyca prepared to pounce the oncoming little ball of fire when the time was right.

HP: 2/3

Z-move on standby

Preparing Sucker Punch 

piwfODvW
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 20:25:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Breath held was soon released in a huff of relief. The SAND ATTACK hadn't been enough to debuff the attack, and the vital gear provided by the tournament staff let him know that the attack was a success. They almost had this in the bag, but it was best to remain humble. Did he want to try something close ranged, or fall back on the safety net of long range?

He didn't leave himself hanging on an answer for too long, excitement causing him to act impulsively.

"Alright, pup, let's bring it on home, yeah? Give it all you've got with FLAMETHROWER!"

Much like the prior EMBER, the Growlithe charged up its attack before flames bellowed out from its maw. He could only hope they would be enough to envelop the Lycanroc on the receiving end.

kfwPmF8b

notes

close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
171 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 20:40:24 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
Yeah….this was really unlucky. Well, it could be helped. Or at least that was what Lash would say, if she wasn’t slightly annoyed by some of this. Maybe it was the way this was set up, or maybe it was the grin from earlier. But she was getting irked.

Which….led to her taking a deep breath, trying to get herself calmed down. Yes, she looked like this. But she specifically did not want to act or feel childish. Sure, she might use it to her advantage to be seen this way sometimes, but most of the time she did not want to be like this. Hence, just getting angry at something like this it would be….bad.

Though it was not easy, either. She already dreaded the day when she had to go through the full excess of puberty again. Ugh.

“Anyway, try to break through that with a Rock Slide,” she ordered. Part of her wanted to go harder, but with how these battles were set up, it would just look petulant. And she did not want to look, well, like a petulant child. In the meantime, Lyca summoned up some rocks, trying to throw those straight through the flames at her opponent.

HP: 1/3

Z-move on standby

Preparing Rocl Slide
L_YRQo|H

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 20:48:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
After the rock slide came crumbling down, it took him a moment to be able to see through the clearing. Then finally, the dust began to settle to reveal the reader's analysis at the end. A low whistle left his lips as his Growlithe came out on top. It had fought well, and deserved a nice rest. Colin drew it back into its pokeball and soon crossed the battlefield to offer a fist out to Lash for a fist bump.

"Thanks for a good time, for real. This battle helped me see that type matchups aren't always a definite victory. I hope you could take something from it, too."

Despite the frustration she had begin to show, she still remained composed. That much in itself was admirable. But in the end, he appreciated a clean fight.

notes

close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
171 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 21:13:10 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
“Uh…huh,” she simply replied. Yeah, totally. Good time, as all the one-sided matches were. She did have to check the thingamajingy to make sure that this was actually all it took, since Lyca certainly could go on.

But that could not be helped. She sighed. His comment about type matchups was just innocent enough to not sound like he was making fun of her, but it was bordering on that. If he had sounded any more like an adult that tried to share some profound wisdom, she would have probably gotten into a lengthy discussion about it. But he didn’t, so she tried to just hold onto her cool and see this through properly.

“Well, I can take from it that math remains annoying,” she instead noted, shrugging, before turning to leave. Something still irked her, but she had to do the adult thing. Even if she did not look it.

Hp: 0/3
Le fin
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 3:05:29 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: