Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
I might not feel pain, but I can still bleed.
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
VCT: Scotti + Sio
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 13:24:18 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]With his sister on lunch, Biscotti’s battles came to a temporary halt. Instead, he was selling what sweets he could to spectators. Ones that were designed to be carried around. A lot of sundaes, mini doughnuts, and waffle bites. Most of them were designed to be Pokemon-friendly too. “Mmm! This stand smells so good, honey!” A lovely old lady piped up at him. The brunette just smiled awkwardly, “Uh, yeah.”

His condition meant his olfactory meter hovered around ten to twenty percent of the average person. It kind of sucked hearing people tell you how nice your house smelled when you couldn’t appreciate it. Still, a white paper bag and a grin were handed over and the grandma flounced off to satiate her inner battle nut. Biscotti glanced briefly at his phone—only a few minutes until Cannoli got back.

In front of the stall, his Incineroar napped on top of a superhero sleeping back. After hours of battling, JJ deserved the break. “Whoa!” Biscotti’s eyes widened as he spotted a pair of batlers. It was one of those painting Pokemon! The funny things that could copy whatever move they saw! He had to try his hand against that. After checking to make sure the place was truly deserted, he raced toward the Smeargle and its trainer.

“Hey!”
He started with an awkward grin. “I’m Scotti! Do you, uh, want to battle?” His Pokemon was still sleeping. Something that should probably be pointed out.

[attr="class","bisc"]

[newclass=.bisc b] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.bisc i] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Bug

They/It/She
October 26
Anville Town
Demi
Detective/Reporter
Civilian
5'3 height
5'3 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
111 posts
SIO SOTÍ DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @siosoti
SIO SOTÍ
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 16:58:44 GMT
SIO SOTÍ Avatar
Honestly, after a long day's battling, some sweets sound really good right about now...though thankfully for now, Quill still had a handful of his treats left to snack on, and Sio was finally breaking in the muffin they packed for themself.

Besides, it's not like one can really buy something from the snack stall when the guy who's supposed to be running it barrels towards you. Sio is the first to perk up- the detective giving a couple startled blinks before simply observing Biscotti. Though after a moment they smile back, giving an amused hum. "Scotti...I'm Sio, pleasure to meet you. Although, mh..." they trail off, looking back towards...

Where Quill stands, sniffing and yipping at the sleeping Incineroar - he isn't sure if JJ is a light sleeper or not, but either way he's curious. "I'd like to battle, but I'm not sure how well that'd go against a sleeping Pokemon," they finish their thought, chuckling as they watch from just past Scotti's shoulder.

Gimmick: Default (+10 on 0 rolls, +30 on 100)

HP: 3/3

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 0:46:05 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]The brunette grins back. He’d been so obsessed with the idea of fighting a Smeargle that he forgot that this was a pretty person. All of that came crashing back in. “I—uh—you too, Siotti.” That smile froze at their next words. “Wait, what do you mean by—?” He turned to where his Incineroar dozed. His cheeks flared a deep shade of red. At that time, a familiar head of maroon hair turned the corner.

“Biscotti!” His sister shouted at him. A few words of Paldean slipped out—not super nice ones. “You couldn’t wait two more minutes!?”” That grin shrank into an awkward smile as he shuffled his shoes. “Sorry, Cannoli.” With a frustrated mutter, the woman took her spot at the counter. The idea that this person wanted a dessert never crossed either of their minds.

The sound of the stall’s door being slammed woke up the Incineroar. “Hey, JJ! You ready?” A cavernous yawn followed as the cat wiped at her eyes. A toothy yawn showed off a hot, glowing core. She waved off his brewing apology as she squared up against the Smeargle. Once the sleepy-eyed cat was squared up, the boy took a deep breath. “Let’s try a—uh—” What worked against normal?

“Cross Chop!” For once, satisfied with his choice, the Incineroar listened.

BTUY7Zu|

[attr="class","bisc"]

[newclass=.bisc b] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.bisc i] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Bug

They/It/She
October 26
Anville Town
Demi
Detective/Reporter
Civilian
5'3 height
5'3 height
awards
111 posts
SIO SOTÍ DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @siosoti
SIO SOTÍ
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 6:26:17 GMT
SIO SOTÍ Avatar
"...Siotti?" Sio echoes back, caught off guard by the sudden nickname and the blush on Biscotti's cheeks. They hadn't said anything that came of like...that, did they? Certainly not. While they continue to observe the steadily unfolding situation, they hum - amused? Intrigued? Mocking? It's a bit hard to tell with the reporter, but it's present regardless.

With a hint of slyness, Sio waves to Cannoli before the stall door slams back shut.

And as JJ wakes up and squares up against Quill, the Smeargle knows he doesn't have any more time to fool around and sniff his opponent. It's fightin' time, and he makes it clear by throwing his own fists up and bouncing- almost like a boxer!

Hopefully, such a goofy sort of confidence would carry him well, especially with the daunting Cross Chop coming his way. But maybe...

"Quill, fire up! Me First!" Sio shouts- and the Smeargle immediately begins to paint! He flings paint about- psychic pink turning into a passionate blood orange before he swings forward, trying to hit JJ with her own move!

2ME6zl4j

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 18:32:51 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]Red trainers shuffle awkwardly at the asphalt. Labrador eyes drop worriedly to the cobblestones at his feet. The earlier pink tinge spreads like tulips across a Nordic plain. Do I just say I mixed my words up? Just go with it? Is it too early to apologize? Though his immediate impulse is to beg for forgiveness, it feels out of place here. Especially with Cannolli watching. One word of regret from him and the whole family would know by the time this battle was over. If he just played it cool, she might not even notice. She’d be too busy being pissy at him.

Biscotti’s words are a pained whisper. “Yeah, it uh—I thought it was, you know, cute.” Gods, that sounded worse. “I’ve gotten bored of the yanno, versus stuff?” He doesn’t need to turn to know his Incineroar’s face has vanished beneath a striped palm. Luckily, he’s saved from this awkwardness by some good old-fashioned violence.

The Incineroar didn’t expect the little dog thing to spring at her like that. Thick arms throw themselves upward as the Smeargle attacks. “JJ!” Biscotti manages to get the Tera Orb open on the first try this time. The dark type is washed away in a sea of maroon crystals. The super-effective move is downgraded to a pretty good wallop. “Hit back!“ He quickly scrambles through the moves his friend knows. “Drain Punch!”

Aiming to regain some of that lost HP—and her dignity—the cat throws a glowing paw at the Smeargle’s face.

KfhSI3r0

[attr="class","bisc"]

close tab

played by

Bug

They/It/She
October 26
Anville Town
Demi
Detective/Reporter
Civilian
5'3 height
5'3 height
awards
111 posts
SIO SOTÍ DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @siosoti
SIO SOTÍ
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 22:52:19 GMT
SIO SOTÍ Avatar
Sio squints, picking up on the awkward bodily cues that Scotti gives. Honestly, it's not even like they're upset or anything- merely entertained. "Hm...cute, you say?" they muse in turn, tilting their head. Siotti...the more they repeat it in their head, the more they can see his point. They chuckle, giving a small shrug. "I suppose so. Still, you're an...interesting case, Bisco." They add on, smirking. After all, what's the harm in trying to return the mashup nickname favor?

Though, it's not like there's much time to dwell while the battle continues to heat up. Quill howls with laughter as JJ is taken aback by his attack, bouncing on his feet. It always felt especially good getting a hit on the bigger guy; and honestly, a lot of pokemon were bigger than a lil ol' Smeargle!

"You've got it, darling! Keep JJ down, Bitter Malice!" Sio exclaims, followed by Quill barking in acknowledgement. With a couple flicks of his tail, blood orange shifts to obsidian purple- and he flings the painted resentment JJ's way!

yISjmxx1

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 3:28:52 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]The brunette clings to his awkward grin like Leonardo Decaprio to a floating door. “Uh, yeah. Cute.” He takes a deep breath.

Inside, he curses himself six ways to Sunday. “That’s what I said.” And, well, it wasn’t like he could take it back. That’d be implying that they weren’t cute. Which, for most people, was a way worse insult. Another awkward chuckle follows. “Interesting?” His labrador eyes browse the area around him, looking for someone cool. “Me?” Nobody had ever called him that before. Not without him mutilating himself for their entertainment.

Though he isn’t sure he likes the nickname—since it reminds him of a strip joint back home—he doesn’t protest. It isn’t like he can. It was his big mouth that started this whole mess. Distracted by his own awkwardness, Biscotti’s attention isn’t fully focused on the battle in front of him. The next thing he knows, the painting dog is laughing at Jangle. Which wasn’t a good idea.

The giggles just rub salt in the cat’s wounds. Two-toned eyes narrow as the feline’s mouth parts in an irritable hiss. Keep me down? Fat chance, Pablo Picasso! The cat rushes forward in an attempt to outspeed the ghost-type attack. Even if she fails, her indignation will let her shrug the pain off. At least long enough to close the distance between them.

As she nears the Smeargle, she lashes out with a Cross Chop.

fMLHciDI

[attr="class","bisc"]

close tab

played by

Bug

They/It/She
October 26
Anville Town
Demi
Detective/Reporter
Civilian
5'3 height
5'3 height
awards
111 posts
SIO SOTÍ DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @siosoti
SIO SOTÍ
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 15:50:46 GMT
SIO SOTÍ Avatar
Sio merely nods as this...labrador-esque boy tries to confirm that they did, in fact, call him interesting. In their defense, that's how they view everyone, so it wasn't like some special treatment or anything. But if he wanted to believe that, then so be it. Not like it harmed them in any way.

Besides, there's more important things to focus on- like the fact that Quill's laughter is immediately silenced by JJ's Drain Punch making direct contact with him. The Smeargle stumbles back, looking up at the Incineroar with a big, beady pair of eyes that said all they needed to. Hurt me? But I'm just the little guy! You wouldn't be mean to the little guy, would you?

No matter, he'll still lash back with Me First- try and one up her again!

HP: 2/3

h9p_CTut

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 18:12:50 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]Energy pours back into her beleaguered frame. A sickly, green light ripples up her form as her body stitches bits of itself back together. A few bald spots foll with freshly regrown hair. There’s a smug sort of satisfaction as the Smeargle goes down. If she disliked anyone, it was trolls.

The cat doesn’t buy those crocodile tears. It wasn’t like this little shit starter hadn’t moved first. Like a lady in Aristocats, Jangle rarely started fights. But she did not hesitate to finish them. A snort emerged as she took a step closer. A single whorl of smoke poured from her ebony nostrils as her claws emerged from her paw pads.

Just as expected, that pity party ended pretty darn quickly. Up went the weird, painter dog with that gleam in his eyes. Since he didn’t attack, she figured she had something up his sleeves. With a wicked smirk, the cat unleashes all of her heat at the dog in a powerful Blast Burn. The earlier drained HP took the edge off the attack as the hearts on the heads-up display started to blink.

If he wanted to plagiarize her every move, maybe it was time to use stuff that didn’t hurt. And, hey, that rest period went both ways.

gU60p7vi

[attr="class","bisc"]

close tab

played by

Bug

They/It/She
October 26
Anville Town
Demi
Detective/Reporter
Civilian
5'3 height
5'3 height
awards
111 posts
SIO SOTÍ DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @siosoti
SIO SOTÍ
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 20:07:54 GMT
SIO SOTÍ Avatar
Quill doesn't really see what all the fuss is about. They're both having fun pummeling each other, right? And JJ definitely got a bit of a boost from the Drain Punch, yeah? So what harm was there in continuing to joke and play, even if he was in pain?

And besides, plagiarism is only done best when you know how to do it artfully and, more importantly, better than the original.

Having given himself a bit more time, his Me First comes into proper effect here- or at least, it tries to, as orange and red hot paint mimic actual fire and heat.

HP: 1/3

ELcDIfCt

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 16:57:36 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]With the mandatory rest period, there’s no dodging that attack.

The paint splatters across the big cat’s skin. Like lava, it instantly draws up blisters. Black claws lift to irritably brush it off, only mussing her fur farther in the process. But the pain is way less than that earlier fighting attack. So, in that sense, the ploy was successful.

Now, the goop drips from each of her fingertips like craftroom blood.. A bit of the spray covers her natural mask, forcing the Incineroar to close her eyes. When she opens those blue beauties, anger’s apparent. If Jangle hates one thing it’s getting messy. Saberteeth jut past her bottom lip as she glares at the troll.

Like a bullwhip, her tail slashes through the air behind her. With a grunt, Jangle rises to her feet. Then, in the next instant, she’s blazing like a meteor toward Quill’s torso. Though there’s recoil to consider, there’s only one heart left. It was time to push that advantage! Which, judging by what happens next, works in her favor. As those first flames lick at Quill, the final HP point vanishes on Sio’s end.

With a sigh, the Incineroar flickered off. She stuck out a paw for the little simian-dog thing to shake.

Biscotti, meanwhile, grins. A whoop of excitement escapes as he rushed toward Sio. “You guys did awesome! I’ve never seen a Smeargle punch someone before!” Reaching in his pocket he offered up a shiny piece of paper. “Here!” Sure, it wasn’t a gym badge, but he liked to think free doughnuts were better.

And, uh, maybe it’d make up for cutting her off earlier.

[attr="class","bisc"]

close tab

played by

Bug

They/It/She
October 26
Anville Town
Demi
Detective/Reporter
Civilian
5'3 height
5'3 height
awards
111 posts
SIO SOTÍ DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @siosoti
SIO SOTÍ
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 20:48:09 GMT
SIO SOTÍ Avatar
And while flames and claws alike lick and tear at Quill's fur, and he's certainly tired out, he seems...pleased with the fight's outcome, despite his loss.

After having taken a couple moments to recollect himself, the Smeargle stands on wobbly feet, taking Jangle's big paw in his own little one for a nice shake. Good game, big guy! Good game!

Sio, meanwhile, snickers at both that display and Biscotti's excitement, and they're unable to help but grin wide. They take the piece of paper with a simple nod of thanks- and mentally, they note that this one is certainly a person of interest. That, and free doughnuts definitely sounded good right about now...

HP: KO

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 0:47:58 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: