awards
454 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
Long Overdue
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 17:33:28 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
A request, or rather, a demand, to meet with Underboss Gavin–Cillian, usually fell into two distinct categories. Both required him to take note of you and your existence. Whether that be from an anonymous source or the follow-up to a threat of doing so, failure to comply was simply not an option. It was never an option, but Grigori felt that little besides death could abstain one.

As to the contents of the meeting, the first reason was to… ask questions. Whether it be about how some operation is going, concerns about the performance of their grunts, or simply about some potential research opportunities. There was generally little cause for concern, but one could never let their guard down. It never took much to cause larger problems.

Which is what the second type of meeting was concerned with: you had fucked up somewhere along the line. Great or tiny, significant or not, if Cillian saw it as a problem, then you’d get to talk with him privately about how much of a fuck up you are. In rare scenarios, rumors cropped up. How some grunts went but never came back. 

Grigori pondered if they’d make a missing person report about him, as he solemnly strolled towards the Underboss’ office.

When he considered that his recent actions for Team Rocket amounted to odd jobs with or for or , it certainly wasn’t the first type of meeting. He’d been at the swamp with heavy Megalopolan activity, but there were an equal amount of reports written about the event. His insight wasn’t monumental to its understanding. Absolutely nothing stood out about him in any category, outside of the number of years he’d seen.

But he did distinctly recall a rather hasty talk with a few months prior. One in which he acted rashly, but justly, in. However, it had involved beast Zev, and it hadn’t ended remotely positive. No, the only surprise to this was how long it took. The man must’ve been incredibly busy, or he was doing it to get the prior mentioned Beast off his back.

Whatever the case, the grunt finally reached his office. Sweat clung to his skin, barely overpowering his cologne with a twinge of unpleasantness. His tongue clung to the roof of his mouth, too dry to pry off. With one last prayer to whichever divine being listened, Grigori entered the office.

No need to humor pleasantries. It would be anything but. “Underboss Cillian. You requested to see me?

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Long Overdue
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 11:00:30 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

As Grigori enters the room, Cillian gestures to a chair. It's not the one bolted to the floor with the drain underneath it, which is perhaps a sign that his prayers have been answered. Or maybe Cillian's just in a good mood.[break][break]

It's definitely not the latter.[break][break]

Though his stoic mask conceals whatever he might be feeling, Cillian looks tired. He can hide his thoughts, his expressions, but he can't hide the bags beneath his eyes. He has, in fact, been very busy.[break][break]

With some people, he'd broach a subject slowly. Ease them into the water they'd drown in. With Sokolov, he cuts straight to the heart of the storm.[break][break]

"You met with Harcourt some months ago." This conversation should've happened soon after, but the shifting of priorities had delayed him. "Tell me how that went."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
[T]
awards
454 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
Long Overdue
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 19:40:12 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
As Grigori walked over to the chair, he briefly examined Cillian. Tired, Exhausted. This was clearly not something he was thrilled to do, yet for an entirely different reason.

His level of anxiety shot into the atmosphere.

Poorly,” he said. “A disagreement sprouted from… personal matters, to say the least. I’m unsure how much he’s told you.

At the end of the day, Zev being incompetent at the job that sprouted their impromptu meeting was positive in every single way. was still alive, if worse for wear, and the beast got to feel like he accomplished something. Grigori didn’t have to try and kill the man, either, so that was good too.

The only loser was Cillian, who now had to clean up the mess. “I apologize that my rash decision-making caused this meeting. I take full responsibility.

Accept defeat, take whatever Cillian decided to throw his way, hope he could still walk out of the office, and stay away from the upper management. As much as he could, with ’s and ’s promotions, anyway.

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Long Overdue
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 17:15:34 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Never mind what he's told me." Long fingers lace together, the scar through his left hand a raised line of white flesh. "I want to hear it from you."[break][break]

He would divulge nothing of 's report; let Grigori provide the rope to climb out of the hole he's dug, or else to hang himself.[break][break]

A soft click of his tongue penetrates the oppressive silence.[break][break]

"Do you, now? Dangerous words."[break][break]

He awaits Grigori's explanation.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
[T]
awards
454 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
Long Overdue
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 21:39:39 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
If there was even one thing that kept this interaction with an Underboss from being at all similar to , it was the fact that he didn’t beat around the bush. Cillian wasn’t akin to a Pyroar, but a Machamp.

Even as it threatened to grind him into a pulp, it beat the terror and the poisoning from his last meeting.

With all due respect, Mr. Quinn,” Grigori sat back in the chair, “such is the nature of an interaction with Mr. Harcourt.

But I digress. To recall the meeting: A few months back, right after the war with the League on that island, I heard my friend had gotten hurt. Some hired League courier, attacked by Zev. He failed to stop them from delivering whatever was in their possession, but murdered one of their Pokemon and left. In a fit of blind rage, I approach him at the gym and make demands well outside my jurisdiction and imply the beast is incompetent.

It didn’t escalate beyond insults, and eventually I stormed off,” he concluded. Not as detailed as it could’ve been, but he wasn’t a writer. Someone more skilled with words and descriptions could’ve spun their wheels for half an hour.

Cillian likely would’ve shoved them into a locker.

"I hope my side lines up with Mr. Harcourt's report."

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Long Overdue
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 15:09:51 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Fingers steepled against his chest like a mockery of prayer, Cillian listens without interruption as Grigori digs his grave.[break][break]

"You are lucky Beast Harcourt didn't insist upon demonstrating his competence."[break][break]

While they might not have quite the authority of an underboss to condemn a man to death, is not a man whom many in Rocket would miss. He seemed happy to slip beneath the radar, seeking none of the power or influence that might've protected him from the hungry jaws of a Beast. Perhaps had been feeling generous. More likely he'd decided it wasn't worth the paperwork.[break][break]

Instead, he'd made that Cillian's job.[break][break]

The underboss offers no confirmation or denial of corroborating reports, merely letting the weight of his previous statement settle like ash over a burning battlefield.[break][break]

"The League are not our friends, Sokolov." His fingers curl from their pious position as he leans back in his chair. "If you seek protection for your friend, convince her to join us, or else to stay out of our way. Otherwise, the target on her back shall extend to you."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
[T]
awards
454 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
Long Overdue
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 0:09:28 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Don’t remind me.

The phrase entered the back of his throat, but he swallowed it back down. If there was a fast way to not only piss Cillian off but also ensure that, at minimum, two of his bosses would meet him in his apartment, then that was it. The fire pan was dangerous enough. No point in risking the open flame that was Underboss Cillian.

Or the house fire that was Zev Harcourt.

Instead, he nodded along and let the silence linger for however long Cillian felt like it. As he bluntly reminded Grigori of the circumstances between the League and Rocket, he nodded along. “I fully understand, Mr. Quinn. Rest assured, she won’t be our way for the future. She understands her place in the conflict.

‘Not in it’, was the answer. He hadn’t even needed to tell her that; she figured it out when they sent the check for her services and a reminder to either enlist or stay home. There would be no target on either of their backs. This situation would not occur a second time.

June didn't have to get targeted by Rocket. Grigori could avoid the spotlight for the rest of his days. Cillian wouldn't have to kill him, and Zev would get to do whatever the hell it was with his new powers. Everyone would be happy.

"I won't let something like this happen again, sir," he said. "You have my word on that."

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Long Overdue
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 18:58:52 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Words mean little." had expressed a similar sentiment to Cillian, once, when he'd pled his case before the Rocket Boss. Those words had stuck with him. "I seek action."[break][break]

It might seem, for a terrible moment, that Cillian might suggest the unthinkable: that Sokolov murder his friend. But if Grigori had been bold enough to snarl at , he did not value his own life more than that of the girl.[break][break]

But that didn't mean Cillian would let either of them breathe easy.[break][break]

"If it happens again, you will be the one to deal with her. Or I will deal with you both." He doesn't elaborate further, trusts his reputation to speak for him as he watches Sokolov with cold eyes.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
[T]
awards
454 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
Long Overdue
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 3:24:28 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
How desperate he was to plead his case, his words, what he meant by his promise. Of course words, by themselves, meant little. Everyone knew that. It was the weight behind them, the trustworthiness of his character that made them have actual meaning. A promise forged in iron.

But that unflinching gaze, the lack of anything else… that spoke volumes to Grigori: Cillian would not humor his thoughts or philosophy. Unfortunate.

But he does not lay down on the ground and show his belly like a Fidough. The grunt meets Cillian’s eyes with his own, his full of determination. “It will not happen again. No ‘ifs’ about it.

The action Cillian desired was meaningless– how did one show the lack of action to another? Did the Underboss expect him to write a report every time he restrained himself from further causing problems? Record an audio log of his inner thoughts when he wanted to punch someone in the face and the steps he took to keep himself from doing so?

And even if it does happen again,” Grigori balled his hands tight in his lap, “then it will be fixed before you learn about the situation.

Cillian would receive the report of his prompt and swift execution. Crisis averted, problem solved, no need for a second meeting. He'd get to rest easy and continue on with is life as if nothing ever happened.

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Long Overdue
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 14:41:47 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

It is dangerous to look a predator in the eye.[break][break]

It invites a challenge.[break][break]

But Cillian does not rise to that challenge. He is secure in his lair, feels little threat from the grunt before him. There is no need to show his teeth when the bones of his office are threat enough.[break][break]

"You can speak well enough for yourself," Cillian says, dismissive of the fire in Grigori's tone. "But the girl is an unknown variable. You are not in her head. You can't be sure she'll do everything you ask."[break][break]

Unless, perhaps, they were in love... but that would present an even greater suspicion.[break][break]

"If she toes the line again, what will you do?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
[T]
awards
454 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
Long Overdue
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 21:55:32 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
I will eliminate the threat,” the grunt said firmly. Not a lie– far from it. The threat would be eliminated. If Cillian thought he meant June, then let him. Grigori meant the concept of the threat against Rocket. It would be all too easy to do it as well, from a physical sense.

Best not to think about the moral of conscious consequences, though. That did a foul number on his heart.

But,” Grigori let his eyes fall away, “I apologize if this is out of line, Mr. Quinn: we are getting off track. It was not necessarily the actions of my friend that caused this. It was the fact that I brought the problem to Mr. Harcourt at all, and in such a terrible way.

At the end of the day, Cillian was right: he could not control June. Impossible, even. He could do all he wanted, but at the end of the day, it was up to her to stay out of the line of fire. It was something they couldn’t guarantee control of, and Cillian was right to bring attention to it.

Yet it was him that made it an ‘everyone’ problem. Silence would’ve avoided this problem altogether, and it was his outburst that caused this all in the first place. “I stepped out of line because of my temper. Ms. Fiorelli has placed me in the Anger Management Program. Rightly so. That will work to prevent it in the future.

Evidence that the problem on his end was actively being fixed. 

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Long Overdue
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 18:06:31 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian's golden eyes narrow.[break][break]

"I don't appreciate wordplay, Sokolov."[break][break]

Vague language often sought to obscure one's true meaning. Was Sokolov suggesting a turn against Rocket, or the murder of his friend? Did he aspire to kill any who witnessed his crime, that it might not reach Cillian's ears?[break][break]

His tongue clicks softly against the roof of his mouth, clear displeasure present as Grigori attempts to redirect the conversation.[break][break]

"I decide what is 'on track' in this office."[break][break]

A sharp warning, but he lets Grigori continue. Give him all the rope he needed to hang himself.[break][break]

"You had best hope that it does."[break][break]

His voice is soft, but far from gentle. He does not lay out more explicit threat; the human imagination was a creative thing. Why deny it the chance to run wild?

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
[T]
awards
454 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
Long Overdue
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 5:36:06 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
He knew the words that Cillian wanted to hear: that he’d kill if another incident occurred. Yet that would never leave his lips: he had promised to never tell a lie, and he’d sooner have his corpse wash up on the Slateport beach than finish the job he started two years ago. His words were a cop out that left the Underboss entirely unhappy; he'd seen right through his 'trick'.

Thus, Cillian’s mood darkened. An oppressive air filled his lungs. Heavy weights crushed his mind into submission, and Grigori stiffened in his chair as the Underboss gave his perfectly clear hints. “U-understood, sir. I apologize for my unprompted words.

This was still entirely preferred compared to ’s impossible-to-decipher threats and implications.

Arceus, what was the right line here? They’d reach an impasse, and it was clear that he’d pissed off the Underboss well enough. Nothing but a succinct plan of his next steps would get him across the bridge without a knife to the back.

I’m not the kind to give vivid descriptions of violence, but I can give you this: if my friend toes the line again, I will… what, bring her within an inch of death? Break her legs? Her arms?

If only Cillian would advise him on what to do if it happened again. But yet again, it was likely intentional to have Grigori himself make suggestions. It sure did leave a foul taste in his mouth and a queasiness in his stomach. The urge to hurl himself into the trash chute was strong, but he kept himself in place and waited for Cillian’s judgement.

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Long Overdue
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 1:07:33 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Sokolov backs down; good. Cillian's icy temper seems sated by the submission, though he does not retract his threat. As expected, Grigori continues.[break][break]

"It seems I did not make myself clear enough. I do not care how you enforce her distance. Kill her, cripple her, incriminate her..." He flicks his wrist dismissively. "If she is out of our way, she is not my problem nor yours."[break][break]

But this was not mercy.[break][break]

"But if she continues to be a problem, that makes it my problem. And I will make it yours."[break][break]

He looks past Sokolov to the door.[break][break]

"If that's clear enough, you may go."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
[T]
awards
454 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
Long Overdue
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 6:59:20 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
But… he had… and his words were…

Grigori simply nodded and rose from his spot in the chair, a sheen built up on the surface of the leather. Sweat. “As crystal. Thank you, Mr. Quinn.

There was little point in trying to delve into the mind of the Underboss. Grigori thought they’d been on the same page for most of that meeting, only for him to say something like that. Wasn’t the entire point of this that as long as she wasn’t in the way, everyone would be content?

It was confusing, and in a way that defied all logic. No wonder he and had been appointed as Underbosses; they worked in ways few could hope to understand. That made them hard to replace, and even harder to get the upper hand on.

Yet as he quietly left the office and started to walk down the hall from whence he came, he couldn’t help but consider the conundrum. Why did he focus on his relationship with someone not in Rocket, and not his slight towards Zev? The latter was a much more serious issue, in Grigori’s eyes. Disobedience was the real killer.

It nearly claimed him a minute ago. But maybe it was best to be glad his face wouldn’t end up on a milk carton– immediately, rather. He kept glancing backwards as he retreated into the depths of the cold, pressurized submarine. Eyes on the shadows, in case a monster stepped out. One much like his own.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing