Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
VCT: Freya vs Doug
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 21:07:13 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

"I'll try not to waste your time, councilwoman. I'm sure yer schedule's stretched thin as is." He could only hope, anyway.

Better for the council to be overly busy than overly free in times like these.

"With that said... How've ya been?" He asked with a smile as Kama stepped forth, the Scyther beginning her warm up stretches. "Hope the tourney's been fun for ya!"

TL;DR:
Hi, Freya!
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,629 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 23:54:56 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"yeah, but i'll always make time for you," she says with a smile. and she means it. is doing good work for the league. he's finding the cracks, calling them on their bullshit, and making sure they still have a region worth protecting when all this is over. 

"admittedly, it's been a welcome reprieve. i forgot how much i missed this." she unclips lyune's ball from her choker and tosses him out to the field. 

he hadn't been the one to win her doug's gym way back in the day, but they've fought side by side since then. he greets the man with a passive flick of his tongue and waits promptly for orders. 

"been a long time since we battled head-to-head like this." her smile twitches. "let's see how we've changed."

[attr="class","heroesgymbar"]

[newclass=.heroesgymbar]background-color:#333333;padding:5px;height:5px;margin-top:10px;margin-bottom:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 21:52:02 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

"Yer too kind, ma'am." He said with a chuckle, nodding at her next words. "It's fun, ain't it? Though I'm just glad that Kama's actually been enjoying herself."

Despite her less than stellar record. Maybe she really was learning humility with all the losing going around.

As she laid her eyes on her next opponent however— one of the more ferocious dragons around — she suspected this would be one of the less 'fun' matches for her.

"Sure thing— let's find out." He said with a grin at Freya's challenge. "Kama— show 'em what we got!"

Whatever doubts Kama had appeared to vanished, her gaze growing razor sharp as she launched forward.

It was go time.

TL;DR:
Kama is using Close Combat!

Fr2NOUma
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,629 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 4:43:49 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

lyune, alternatively, has not learned much humility himself. his losses have only annoyed him and made him reckless, itching to get back onto the pitch after getting healed up by the nearest vct attendant. freya would be more chastising towards him if she minded, but she's come to realize rather quickly that this is his way of blowing off steam. 

so, onward to the battle then.

lyune squares off against the scyther. she's given the first move and gods, she's fast. her scythes cut in quickly, raking against lyune's flank. he weathers the blow with a snarl and turns his head to blast a bout of flamethrower at her.

lyune uses flamethrower
_k95NTda
[newclass=.heroesgymbar]background-color:#333333;padding:5px;height:5px;margin-top:10px;margin-bottom:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 15:43:20 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

Kama couldn't afford to take even weak fire-type moves, let alone this from a powerhouse like Lyune.

A rather undignified squawk escaped past her maw as she hit the deck, almost as if bombs had been dropped. She felt a searing, painful sensation grace at her wings and immediately knew she wouldn't be able to fly for the rest of the match.

Gritting her teeth, she pushed off with her scythes furiously, spinning through the air before attempting to goomba stomp onto Lyune's own wing.

If she was stuck down here, it was best her opponent was as well!

TL;DR:
Kama is using Acrobatics!
8ueo7IU6
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,629 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 5:12:39 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the scyther twirls around like an acrobat and lyune is forced to endure the follow-up to its speed. he swats at the bug, but misses by miles, and then she's on top of him, dealing a devastating blow to his crippled appendage. 

the steel framing around his wing bends under the pressure of a pointed move and lyune snarls, wing left unresponsive. 

he turns his head and blasts another whorl of flame in an attempt to get the impromptu rider off of him.

lyune uses flamethrower
tbqoRk7E
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 15:36:12 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

Doug's eyes narrow briefly. Did his eyes fail him? For a sec there, it looked like Lyune's wing...

For her part, Kama too felt something strange from striking at the dragon's wing. A vicious part of her told her to strike at the seeming weak point again.

Then a cartoonish face of a disappointed Doug popped into her head, making her click her tongue. And then she got blasted right off Lyune, the blazing fire driving her all the way to the edges of the arena and threatening to send her hurtling out.

Nearly all living things were weak to fire, if one really thought about it, so what did it mean to have a true 'weakness' to fire? It meant nearly fainting from a single clean shot, Kama's eyes fluttering as the fire ceased, her knees buckling.

But Kama was nothing if not truly stubborn. A crimson aura surged before she fell, her foot coming down into a stomp to keep herself on her feet.

Ephemeral blue swords rose from the soil and danced around her, growing in length as their hue changed to a deep crimson, before launching into the sky and swiveling back to stab into Kama. They did not ran her through, however, instead sinking into her like acupuncture needles.

Her muscles bulged as she was filled with power, her eyes aglow before she launched forth, her silhouette becoming a blur as she rushed to club at Lyune's stomach.

TL;DR:
Kama used the Z-move: Z-Swords dance!
Kama is using Close Combat!
JYEd9GM6+50
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,629 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 2:40:44 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

kama digs deep and summons a catastrophic amount of power. lyune, maw contorted in pain and indignation, matches the insect in her fervor. the air around them is lashed with flame-like tongues of energy, swirling up lyune's sides in a desperate attempt to give him the defense he needs to weather the blow. 

supernova flames spurt from his maw, dripping like magma, over claws as they come up to shove the impossibly strong blow to the side.

lyune uses dragon's fury / loss!
AWVIhdZ8 +50
z-move: dragon's fury
salamence pushes itself to its max potential
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 3:19:55 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

The clash of the Z-moves was as explosive as it was climatic, rocking the arena's stands and clearing out the the battlefield of most debris.

Kama hobbled back to his side with her head held about as high as exhausted back could manage, the youth catching her before she face planted, his arms wrapping around her.

"D'atta girl." He praised softly, healing her wounds for a moment before returning her to her ball. "Rest up, you. Now's my turn to work."

He jogged up to the other side of the battlefield, waving at Freya with an apologetic smile.

"Thanks for the match, Ms. Freya. I must apologize, though— it seems Kama exacerbated a previous injury?" He asked, reaching into his bags for some disposable gloves. "May I take a look?"

TL;DR:
Battle over. Doug wants to heals Lyune back to full health :pepechu:
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,629 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 5:11:29 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

lyune persists, muscles still rolling, pride and fury all that's holding him aloft. but freya withdraws his ball as he staggers back to a stand with fire in his eyes. she doesn't press the capsule, however. kama limps away, looking worse for wear (though still far better than him) and once her back is turned, he relaxes.

it would be beneath him, attacking then.

as doug nears, lyune eyes him warily, gaze flicking from the man over to his mistress. she pats his side and holds out her hands. he unfurls the one wing; the silver exoskeleton is a bit banged up, but not irreparable. 

"it's alright," she says with a smile, to the both of them. and to doug, "his wing's been this way since the first ultra beast invasion. we got caught in mossdeep and - well, alex helped him fly again with this." she gestures to the wire framing, the fitted pedals on his saddle. 

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights