Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
when everything is in disarray, i think we'll be okay!
awards
739 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
GC, A, EDDIAN DAY
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 12:18:57 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal eddieh"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Hah, you're tellin' me.” [break][break]

Eddie turned, now more focused on his new friend than the herd below. That was a hell of a question, wasn't it? True, humanity had become the invaders of this place ripped out of time, assailants upon creatures that didn't ask to be here in the first place. Trespassers at best, hunters and poachers at worst. [break][break]

But then he thought of the men and women he'd worked alongside during his first excursion into the Giant Chasm. They were just earnest, hardworking people like himself; builders, mostly, and carpenters and electricians and a handful of military personnel to keep the lot of them safe. Trespassers though they may have been, Eddie refused to think of all of those salt-of-the-earth folks as bad people, not when they were cut down for doing little more than putting up some walls with a little insulation. [break][break]

Eddie could feel his expression change, eyes sliding away and the muscles in his jaw tensing, but he couldn't be bothered to put on some kind of cheery front for his companion. So he just sighed, rubbed the back of his neck with a little frustration, and replied, [break][break]

“I don't think it's one'a those things where there are good guys and bad guys, yanno? I think both sides've got a little bit'a both.”[break][break]

6eul6m_W

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".eddieh"] --accent:#d4a53c!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto 20px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0px[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center; margin-top:-20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; width:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 103px; bottom:10px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#212121; } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass] position:absolute; right:95px; bottom:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent; padding:0px 0px 12px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal]position:relative;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GC, A, EDDIAN DAY
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 8:52:50 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sunboy ciannyday"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","leftcolumn"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","tagnotes"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"]

"that's what i keep telling people! no one's good or bad. thinking of it that way can be dangerous."[break][break]

it is dangerous, as he has iterated to people time and time again, even to his fellow colleagues and gym leaders. but he can only do his best to advocate for the change he seeks; he cannot force it upon anyone.[break][break]

"i'm trying to get more people to stop that sort of thinking but i guess it's hard for them to listen when it comes to me. you know, being an ex-rocket and all."[break][break]

B|CgaDZJ[break][break]

TOTAL: 772

[attr="class","oocnotes"]AZ EXCURSION C, CULL THE HORDE

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","dashdash"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".ciannyday"] --accent:#FFB546!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy"]--accent:#FFB546;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy"]width:450px; margin:0px auto; background: #222; border:solid 1px #232323; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius:10px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy b"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody i"]font:11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .inner"]display:flex;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn"]width:100px; padding:20px 25px 0px 30px; margin-top:10px; margin-right:30px; float:left; border-right:1px solid #1A1A1A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; transform:rotate(-40deg); transition:2s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn"]margin-bottom:-50px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img"]border-radius:100px; background:#222; border:1px solid #1A1A1A; padding-bottom:7px; height:40px; margin-right:5px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img:hover"]background-color:var(--accent); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes"]font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; padding-top:40px; margin-left:0px; padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:2px solid var(--accent); } .sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .tagnotes .tag"]font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .sunboy .tagnotes .tag a { font:bold 16px/15px 'Poppins'!important; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody"]font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.3px; color:#bfbfbf; text-align:justify; padding:40px 40px 40px 10px; width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .oocnotes"]text-align:right; margin-right:10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; } .sunboy .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .dashdash"]height:10px; width:70px; float:left; margin-top:30px; margin-right:20px; background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .bottom"]height:50px; background-color:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; z-index:5; position:relative; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .milkycredit"]font-size:11px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .sunboy .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#3a3a3a!important; } .sunboy .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; font-size:14px; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
739 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
GC, A, EDDIAN DAY
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 12:36:33 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

The world was a hell of a lot more nuanced than just the black and white, that much Eddie was certain of. The fact became that much more clear with Cian's revelation; Eddie found himself blinking in surprise, unsure if he heard the kid right. Him? This little blonde bundle of sunshine, ex-Rocket? [break][break]

Shock was the first sensation, like cannon-balling into an icy lake, but the next was a mix of feelings; of sympathy, of concern, of fond pride for a man he barely knew. Must have been a hell of a thing to leave, Eddie thought. He could only imagine the sort of target that must have painted on Cian's back, both among the criminal organization he once belonged to and among the members of the League he was now a part of. And for him to be out here now, trying to do a bit of good in such a dangerous place? Eddie found himself looking back at Cian, really looking at him now; what kind of weight was he shouldering behind those bright eyes and easy smile? [break][break]

“Some people're just stubborn like that,” Eddie replied with a noncommittal shrug. Probably for the best that he didn't make a big deal out of the whole 'ex-Rocket' thing; didn't want Cian to feel like he was being turned into some kind of spectacle, [break][break]

“But you're right, it is dangerous. People come in all stripes, all thinkin' in different ways. Ain't right ta use one way of thinkin' to just-” he made a sweeping gesture with his hand, “Lump 'em all together like that. Your good could be my bad, and vice versa. Doesn't make either of us right or wrong.”[break][break]

y_EZ9fp9

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto 20px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0px[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; width:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 103px; bottom:10px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#212121; } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass] position:absolute; right:95px; bottom:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent; padding:0px 0px 12px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GC, A, EDDIAN DAY
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 10:07:12 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

it's a bombshell to drop on anyone let alone a new friend but he had just assumed most people would be aware of his past as he doesn't try to hide it. in fact, he's put it out in the open, having done numerous interviews to talk about his journey in and out of team rocket.[break][break]

even if he's unaware of it, he appreciates eddie not bringing it up.[break][break]

"exactly! you get it. more people should be like you. be more like eddie, now that's catchy."[break][break]

his chuckles fade in favor of his next question.[break][break]

"have you had any encounters with team rocket yet?"[break][break]

eAE281iB[break][break]

TOTAL: 808

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".sunboy"]width:450px; margin:0px auto; background: #222; border:solid 1px #232323; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius:10px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy b"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody i"]font:11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn"]width:100px; padding:20px 25px 0px 30px; margin-top:10px; margin-right:30px; float:left; border-right:1px solid #1A1A1A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; transform:rotate(-40deg); transition:2s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn"]margin-bottom:-50px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img"]border-radius:100px; background:#222; border:1px solid #1A1A1A; padding-bottom:7px; height:40px; margin-right:5px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img:hover"]background-color:var(--accent); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes"]font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; padding-top:40px; margin-left:0px; padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:2px solid var(--accent); } .sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .tagnotes .tag"]font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .sunboy .tagnotes .tag a { font:bold 16px/15px 'Poppins'!important; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody"]font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.3px; color:#bfbfbf; text-align:justify; padding:40px 40px 40px 10px; width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .oocnotes"]text-align:right; margin-right:10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; } .sunboy .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .dashdash"]height:10px; width:70px; float:left; margin-top:30px; margin-right:20px; background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .bottom"]height:50px; background-color:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; z-index:5; position:relative; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .milkycredit"]font-size:11px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .sunboy .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#3a3a3a!important; } .sunboy .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; font-size:14px; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
739 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
GC, A, EDDIAN DAY
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 12:32:30 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

'Be more like Eddie.' [break][break]

He laughed a little at that, the sentiment striking him as equal parts kind and absurd. There was this playful, sort of childish quality to Cian that struck Eddie as refreshing. More people should be like him, if anything, [break][break]

“Nope, not yet.” [break][break]

He paused, scratching at his chin. [break][break]

“Least, pretty sure I haven't. Mostly just been runnin' into paradox Pokemon when I've been down in the Chasm and Area Zero, and I've only been in Hoenn a couple a'months. 'Less I ran into someone running around undercover, or somethin'.” [break][break]

And that's a whole other rabbit hole that Eddie refused to go down. It's much easier to take people at face value than having to retread every single interaction you've ever had to try and suss out someone's intentions. If the people he meets are good to him, he'll just be good right back.[break][break]

Wf3hXL1z

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GC, A, EDDIAN DAY
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 15:43:51 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

"i think that's part of what makes them so feared: the fact that literally anyone could be working for them and you'd never know."[break][break]

heck, cian has an inkling of a suspicion that his friend didn't know that about his rocket history either, and look how quickly they were able to befriend each other.[break][break]

"well, there are ways to know, i guess, but it's still difficult."[break][break]

he shrugs a shoulder, then decides to pry a little more.[break][break]

"do you have opinions on team rocket?"[break][break]

QI6oHPqe[break][break]

TOTAL: 901

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
739 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
GC, A, EDDIAN DAY
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 20:07:51 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Hmm, opinions on Team Rocket? That was a bit of a headscratcher, because Eddie realized he was of two minds on the subject, [break][break]

“Well, if I'll be honest, I think bein' a criminal's no good. My dad's a police chief back home, really got that kinda thinkin' beat into my head since I was little. You stay on the straight an' narrow, don't be a punk, that kinda thing.” [break][break]

In his mind's eye, he saw stern eyes and a world-weary heart. He could still feel that calloused hand like a phantom limb clap him on the shoulder in a gesture that was equal parts comforting and intimidating, [break][break]

“But-” he held up a hand, as if stopping himself, “Me, personally, I get the feelin' that there's probably folks in Rocket that didn't get the choice to stay on the straight an' narrow.” [break][break]

That was probably presumptuous, though; he'd never know a criminal, he shouldn't go around making assumptions. He felt himself fluster for a moment, [break][break]

“I mean, it's just... Agh. A sigh, a hand coming up to sheepishly rub the back of his neck; he felt dumb for what he was about to say next, but Cian had been honest with him, so he owed the same in return, [break][break]

“I just... I just think that most people are good, somewhere deep down. I don't think a lotta people are born inta this world with just hate in their heart. I know some folks in Rocket have done some real awful things, but part'a me doesn't wanna believe that they did it just 'cause they wanted to. Maybe they didn't have a choice? Maybe they thought they were doin' the right thing, in the moment. I dunno, I'm probably overthinkin' it, but, yeah, that's my two cents on it.”[break][break]

nAf1CJ16

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GC, A, EDDIAN DAY
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 9:41:51 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

is a good person; that is what cian will walk away with today after their excursion is over. it's a nice, refreshing change to run into someone with such a positive outlook on life. it reminds him that he should start doing the same again.[break][break]

"i think it's good to overthink sometimes. i appreciate you sharing with me."[break][break]

he smiles.[break][break]

"for what it's worth, i agree with you. i try to see the good in people even after all the bad they've done. it can be difficult, though, when the bad is, you know, real bad."[break][break]

then, another question is voiced as he continues with his line of questioning.[break][break]

"can you ever see yourself being a cop here in hoenn? different kinda vibes than back home, i'm sure."[break][break]

yUN90au1[break][break]

TOTAL: 960

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
739 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
GC, A, EDDIAN DAY
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 14:45:31 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

He had half expected Cian to call him childish or naive, but hell, Eddie already figured that he should have known better than to think that. Cian was bright, and sweet, and kind; his easy acceptance washed over him like the first blissful rays of sunlight on a cold morning. It was hard to see the good in people even if they had made their mistakes, but nothing worth doing was ever easy. That's why he was here now, instead of back in an empty apartment back in Cascarrafa. [break][break]

The next question caught him a little off-guard, though. He turned back to the herd of Great Tusk as he considered his response; they were beginning to amble away now, doubtless seeking greener pastures, but he thought he caught something shifting in a cluster of jagged rocks just beyond, [break][break]

“Nah. Spent a lotta time as a kid thinkin' that's what I wanted to do 'cause of my dad, but I think that ship has sailed.” [break][break]

Eddie paused, another brief moment of consideration. [break][break]

“Still, I'd like to find a way to help folks, do somethin' that's actually worth a damn. I do construction now, done it for years, but it ain't anything some other man with more strength than sense couldn't do.”[break][break]

7lReUOCR

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GC, A, EDDIAN DAY
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 10:32:59 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

"well, there's a lot of ways to help out, i guess. it really depends on what you want to do."[break][break]

he says, humming in thought.[break][break]

"here are a few options in no particular order: volunteer with the rangers, scour the internet for any wanted ads, or join me in rustboro as one of my gym trainers."[break][break]

nodding his head wisely, he adds,[break][break]

"the last option sounds the best, in my opinion. totally not biased or anything."[break][break]

zZW2n14J[break][break]

TOTAL: 1,093

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
739 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
GC, A, EDDIAN DAY
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 11:24:47 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Now that was what Eddie wanted to hear. Something actionable, something he could do; he'd had some ideas kicking around (including tracking down a certain cowboy that Eddie now owed a life-debt to), but this was more concrete than most of he had managed to come up with in the past few weeks, [break][break]

“Not biased at all,” Eddie reiterated with amusement. But, in all fairness, it was definitely the most appealing idea out of the bunch, “Well, lucky for you, I actually live in Rustboro.” [break][break]

Which probably made it odd that he hadn't known of Cian prior to the tournament, but he had only been living in the city for about a month or two by then, and had mostly just been preoccupied with getting settled in, [break][break]

“Wouldn't mind checkin' your gym out. What's yer gimmick, weird Froakie tech?” [break][break]

The corners of Eddie's eyes crinkled with teasing mirth. [break][break]

wHYdRbUd

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GC, A, EDDIAN DAY
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 4:10:17 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

"oh hell yeah hello rustboro buddy."[break][break]

what a coincidence...[break][break]

"you wish you could get in on my gimmick, but that's a triple h patented secret, buddy boy."[break][break]

he returns the smirk with ease, remembering how easy it was for his froakie to deliver the biggest beating to their tauros in the vct. that isn't really eddie's fault, though. cian was a different BEAST during that tournament.[break][break]

"it's the weather gym! beyond teaching trainers the importance of being able to adapt, we also teach them the beauty of nature and all things pokemon."[break][break]

8FtakvR9

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
739 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
GC, A, EDDIAN DAY
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 15:30:10 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Triple H. Cute nickname, one Eddie only vaguely recalled from when they first met, though hell if he knew what the three “h's” stood for. Hoenn's Head Honcho? Nah, being a gym leader hardly put you on the top of the League's totem pole. Hasty Hoenn Hero? More likely, perhaps. Oh! Maybe it was something like Hungry Hotdog Haver? [break][break]

… no, of course not, that was stupid. Eddie had to stifle a laugh at that one, though.[break][break]

But, forcing his brain to catch up with the rest of the conversation, Eddie couldn't help but consider the concept of a weather gym an intriguing one, [break][break]

“I like the sound'a that,” he grinned, “That it sounds like it ain't just all about fightin'. Not much of a nature guy myself, but hey, I'm always happy to learn.” [break][break]

And besides, the prospect sounded all the more appealing after his hangout with at her place in Petalburg Woods. He'd never truly appreciated the serenity of the natural world as a child, too preoccupied with all of the wonderful amenities of civilization, but the simplicity of escaping to the wilderness sounded all the more enthralling with each passing day.
[break][break]

jEaxGvai

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GC, A, EDDIAN DAY
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 10:00:50 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

"i'm not much of a nature guy myself, more of a city boy, but i find battling in the different weathers to be really fun!"[break][break]

if anything, cian's the opposite of a nature guy. he does whatever he can to avoid going out into the field, preferring assignments that keep him in the city, rustboro preferably.[break][break]

"come pay me a visit whenever. we'll have a rematch and then we can talk more about the job you're going to accept hehe."[break][break]

though he jokes about it, cian doesn't actually expect eddie to become a gym trainer. he'll simply support them however best he can.[break][break]

xl75OkJZ

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
739 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
GC, A, EDDIAN DAY
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 11:46:10 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

“Hah, you got it!” Eddie chuckled, “But ya better offer halfway decent health insurance, specially if the League's signin' my checks. I know they could afford to spring fer dental or somethin'.” [break][break]

It's mostly ribbing, even if the idea of becoming a gym trainer sounds potentially fun. Maybe he ought to do a little digging, some Googling and asking around once he's out of here. Who knows where that rabbit hole might lead him? [break][break]

Out of his periphery, he noticed the group getting ready to move on now that the herd of paradox Pokemon had dispersed, ready for whatever the next destination had in store. He swept his arm to the side in an 'after you' sort sort of gesture towards Cian. Youth before beauty, or something like that, Eddie thought with a teasing grin.
[break][break]

x8HRCTfp

[attr="class","ooc"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times