Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
GC EXCURSION C: Lars & Doug
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 18:31:13 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

MONSTER HUNTER

With

He gave his leather gloves a firm tug as he rose from his crouch, casually throwing it into his bag.

"Yup, that's definitely shit." He surmised as he held up the sample he had collected into a vial, lip curling brielfy at the sight before stuffing it into his bag.

Turning to his companion for the mission, former Head Ranger Lars Anderson, he nodded.

"Target's gotta be nearby. Shall we?"

TL;DR:
Hi Lars!

HOZJHHcv
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 19:40:39 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The bonus of having too much time on his hands now was that he was practically available whenever he was needed—the lucky thing about all of this was that his courier job didn’t mind him disappearing for a few hours off the radar; and seeing how long he’d worked with them, even in the present?

He could certainly afford the luxury of skipping a few working days, all things considered.

Which brought him out here, right in the Giant Chasm. While he was full aware that there were entire exploratory teams attempting to map out the whopping two new places that had appeared (here and that ‘Area Zero’) he was on…

Clean-up duty.

“That’s a big-ass pile of shit,” he nodded as he squinted ahead into the pervading gloom.

Speaking of which…

“Exactly how many of these strange creatures—beasts—Pokémon—are we looking for?” he clarified.

Ah4fEaIx
total: 139

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 2:20:15 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

MONSTER HUNTER

With

"Juuust one." Doug said, pulling out the reports given to them during the briefing. "I think."

The report only mentioned The one, and the trails so far only pointed towards it being one... so far.

"Come on— it ain't gonna wait for us. I don't think anyway." He said, beginning to trudge forward through the rough terrain awaiting them.

"How's life after stepping down?" He asked casually as they moved through rock and foliage. "Lot less stressful, ain't it?"

Had been for him when he stepped down from Gym Leader at least. For a little while— before his superiors found new things to fill out his schedule.

TL;DR:
Hi Lars!
Fnf15UBo

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 19:22:43 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You think?” he blinked, because right now he was just basically another number from the Ranger ranks that could be pulled in for most stuff—at least until AQUA-related things came into play.

He watched Doug go forward before—

“Wait, I have an idea,” and he popped out the scuffed, battered Heavy Ball before summoning his shining silver beast of a Metagross, Ro.

“Best to have an extra pair of eyes in the sky, wouldn’t you say?” he remarked; with one singular pat on the silver Pokémon’s legs, the Metagross took off and ‘flew’ slightly ahead of them.

The moment the other mentioned ‘stepping down’, he let out a bark of laughter.

“Stepping down? I’ll be straight with you. She demoted me.”

He then pulled out his vape, flicked it on and took a deep inhale.

“…but yeah, ever since I was yeeted out of the title I’ve had a lot more time for myself these days.”

LP0mTSX0
total: 200

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 23:46:32 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

MONSTER HUNTER

With

Doug gazed at the Metagross above, nodding before clicking his tongue at the former Head ranger's news.

"Oh. Well, shit. That's... 2 for 2 then." He mused, remembering 's own unfortunate fate as well, his lip curling.

A particularly shameful moment for him. A friend of his had been lambasted and humiliated before an audience. Regardless of whether he had deserved the demotion or not— and he would've argued that he didn't— he should have done something then.

"... Haaah. So what've you been up to since, Anderson?"

He was slowly getting himself up to not using the prefix 'mister' or 'missus' on adults. Since, well, he was one as well now, and it looked a bit odd.

H4aKqymR
ROLL A 4, 14, 24, or 100. - Discover mysterious tracks or footprints.

TOTAL: 200 + 100 = 300
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 20:38:23 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You know you can call me Lars. Most everyone does, unless you want to get me and my cousin Eli mixed up,” he would call from his position.

Right then and there, they would then hear a noise—something that sounded like an antiquated… something. Why did it sound like an ancient motorbike… or something along those lines?!

“D’you hear that?” he called back down to Doug.

“Strange noise?” while pointing ahead.

It wouldn’t take long before they would stumble upon some footprints as well.

“Hope whatever we’re supposed to capture isn’t too far away, chasing it down in a place like this is going to be a pain in the ass,” he remarked as he looked further up ahead.

After a while, though, he looked down again.

“Right now? I’ve returned to my delivery job. The same one I had before I was promoted, four years and some change ago.”

Cjx_1wFP
total: 310

• ROLL 2-10. - Hear the following cry echoing from somewhere deep below (using the 2 roll from last post):
[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/MysteriousCry2.mp3[/player]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 0:25:20 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

MONSTER HUNTER

With

"Lars it is." He wasn't about to fight anyone over formalities.

When the strange cry came, Doug did not even blink.

"I ain't heard nothin'." Doug said simply, not even missing a step.

He had wandered these lonely hills for long enough to have heard those cries a thousand times, and each and every time he had found nothing. Nothing came from paying them any mind... so he didn't.

"Damn, talk 'boutta fall from grace." He said with a grin, thinking about his favorite delivery-person— .

Okay, fine, he was thinking of too.

"But I guess yer still an active ranger, if yer here?" He said, before folding his hands behind his head. "Well, good on ya, man. Lotta folk would've bounced after that. Glad ya stuck 'round with us despite everythin'."

n2Viic0q
ROLL A 4, 14, 24, or 100. - Discover mysterious tracks or footprints.
TOTAL: 310+20 = 330

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 16:33:29 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“When I was promoted to Head back then,” he would begin as they continued in chase of whatever they were hunting, “…the courier job I worked at told me I was free to go. But I told them I’d rather like to stay, since by that time I’d already gotten comfortable with how shit worked.”

The Metagross would continue surveillance, keeping an eye on the ground while they were talking.

“I actually had the option to stay in Alto Mare, to oversee my family’s shit, but. Well… that would be the same as running away, wouldn’t it.”

A bark of laughter escaped him afterward.

“Yeah, still an active Ranger. Just that. I don’t have the Head armpatch anymore, swapped it out for the Elite Ranger rank one,” he nodded.

“I’m still helping out with the new recruits when I have the time, though, so there’s that. How about you? After you had that strategy gym, you just… kind of fell off the face of the planet. Were you out somewhere after you left Mauville?”

It wouldn’t take long before the Metagross would alert them to something happening down on the ground—

“What is it, Ro?” he asked as he then leaned over the side and realized the place was… shaking, yet again!

“Another earthquake?!” he would add a few moments later as the shaking continued.

dOJN7wVQ
total: 401

• TOTAL OF ROLLS MADE BY ALL WRITERS REACHES 377. - You experience an earthquake.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 1:48:36 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

MONSTER HUNTER

With

Doug scoffed. This again?

"Y'all must not be paying attention— I've not been missing 2 years." He huffed, rolling his eyes. "And anoth—!"

Cue another earthquake.

"... Feels like this place's gonna drop on us any second now." Doug said, scratching at his chin thoughtfully whilst looking around. He thumbed a netball briefly. "Maybe we should speed up our hunt?"

Well, whatever.

"Anyway— I'm doing medicine now. The short of it is 'Galar'." He said, as if that explained anything. "Oh right— where you there, too?"

dYV8lzz4
TOTAL: 501

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 19:56:55 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I’ve seen some of the early reports from this place—some of them mentioned encountering a Regirock of all things, while others mentioned seeing a space-time distortion just suddenly appearing in the middle of the damned place like it’s nobody’s business before disappearing,” he would muse once the shaking of the ground below had passed.

“If you have someone that can fly as fast and as far as logically possible, then send ‘em out, we’re going to need all the help we can get especially now since these things are just popping up—”

He would trail off because this time, there were even more tracks than the last time!

“Hey, Doug,” he would muse once he’d gotten a good picture of the ‘tracks’ and showing it to his companion, “…you think these tracks belong to that Suicune-adjacent… Pokémon?”

If they could even be called Pokémon, at that.

LziwUz|p
total: 592

• ROLL A 4, 14, 24, or 100. - Discover mysterious tracks or footprints. (using the 100 roll from the previous post for this fill)

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 16:21:37 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

MONSTER HUNTER

With

"Eh. Hoenn, am I right?" Was Doug's dismissive response to the strange phenomena. "Don't let it bother ya too much."

At the ranger's behest, Doug stopped and squinted at the tracks the other man had found, squatting to take a closer look... before shrugging.

"No clue. We're probably on the right track, though." He said, rising back to his feet. "Let's keep going. We're almost out of here."

It wouldn't be more than a few hundred meters before they began catching more obvious signs of their quarry.

hmuZzgdM
TOTAL: 600
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 17:55:28 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

No sooner had Doug said those words—not one, but both sources of the mysterious noise decided to call out to each other at the same time!

(Kind of like a diss track, but one that only Pokémon could understand.)

“What… what the fuck,” he sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

“Haha, I think whatever’s making those noises heard you and challenged us to chase them down at the same time. Did you notice how one sounds antiquated, while the other is more… I don’t know how to put this, futuristic?!”

He then pinched the bridge of his nose. Hopefully they’d be able to find whatever the fuck was causing those noises to appear soon…

6xpNoGmq
total: 686

• ROLL 2-10. - Hear the following cry echoing from somewhere deep below (using the 8 roll from last post):[break]
[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/MysteriousCry2.mp3[/player]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 22:51:06 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

MONSTER HUNTER

With

"Nope." Doug responded bluntly, never once missing his step. "I ain't chasing after nothin'. I didn't even hear anything. You and I stand lone in the silent abyss of nothingness and tera crystals that is this chasm."

... W-what?

"Sorry man, I wasn't really payin't attention." He said after a moment, shoving his pinkie into his ear and shrugging. "I kinda just tune out those things now."

After so many trips, one realized they were ever present yet largely inconsequential.

Speaking of consequential things, though—

The air shimmered around them suddenly.

A crack was heard, as if crystal had shattered. No tera crystals collapsed however— But the fabric of space and time sure as hell did.

"Oh. It's one o' th—" He began to dismiss the distortion out of hand.

But almost as soon as it appeared, the hairs on the back of their necks stood on end, and heavy sound made pebbles and crystals rock around them.

A large shadow swept over them as something massive leapt out of a nearby waterfall, flying over the distortion and them before landing in a booming crash on a lower level plateau.

Now Doug looked alert.

"Look alive, Anderson! Our job's come knocking!" He said, grabbing a pokeball.

SqbrLCup
TOTAL: 765
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 20:47:58 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He was about to make a crack in Doug’s direction when right on cue; the same prickly feeling that he’d associated with space-time distortions (as the local scientific community called them) shimmered into existence; winking at them like an eye—

Before he could get a closer look at the inside of the damned thing, though, it had vanished just as quickly.

“What the fuck, those normally stay much longer than a split second!” he would exclaim at the sudden phenomena surrounding the distortion; before a shadow caught their attention; taking a spectacular leaping run and landing with a resounding booming noise not too long afterward.

He was about to remark about the time when he’d first seen the Suicune-adjacent Pokémon, but now was not the time—he had to get moving, and fast!

“Go, go chase it down! I’ll back you up!” he would continue once the presence had made itself known.

ezMU3HMU
total: 769

• TOTAL OF ROLLS MADE BY ALL WRITERS REACHES 666. - A rift to the DISTORTION WORLD opens briefly, like an opening eye. Peering into it fills your characters with dread. You can not enter this rift, but one may theorize the DISTORTION WORLD is attempting to map out this new area in order to create an antimaterial counterpart for the world.

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 6:19:13 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: