thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
AZ EXCURSION B: LARS & LANCE
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 13:48:04 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","capvollans"]
[attr="class","body"]

having arrived early, lance is allowed some time to prepare for the tiring but thrilling day ahead. he does so by stretching, making sure his muscles are all warmed up and ready for action by the time it arrives.[break][break]

when would it arrive, he wonders.[break][break]

something else arrives instead. he looks over, cracking a laugh at the sight of the familiar urshifu and its trainer.[break][break]

"ha! almost didn't recognize you there, bud."[break][break]

xwpZQufD

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".capvollans"]--accent:#d49736;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".capvollans b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".capvollans i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".capvollans u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".capvollans a"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".capvollans h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".capvollans h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".capvollans .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".capvollans .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".capvollans .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".capvollans .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 19:35:31 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

This… was definitely not the entrance he’d been planning to make, however he was more than certain that the Urshifu would want to meet with his previous human companion so he decided to humor his fellow Ranger.

(He quietly wondered how far the actual word had gotten out of his demotion.)

“Figured it was going to be you,” he would greet the other; while the Urshifu would bow in greeting for a few moments before resuming his position as the rearguard.

“You were right—he does enjoy those morning walks!”

(Even if he wasn’t a morning person at all.)

He would then stretch his arms high above his head.

“So, what’re we going to be doing today, guard duty?” he would cackle afterward.

2OPPCs7Z
total: 117

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 3:39:51 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"who taught you to bow like that? come here."[break][break]

he gives the urshifu a pat on its shoulder before attempting to initiate a handshake they'd always done previously, though he would not fault it for forgetting as it's been too long.[break][break]

finally stepping away to join his fellow ranger, he also gives them a nudge on their shoulder, sighing as he peers out.[break][break]

"both guard duty and builder duty. last crew weren't able to finish up the station in time," he points at the unpainted building, "think we're meant to finish painting."[break][break]

kRtIMGwi

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".capvollans b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".capvollans u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".capvollans a"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".capvollans h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".capvollans h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".capvollans .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".capvollans .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 20:14:19 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Look, when he started training with my Lucario, they kind of. You know, had to respect each other! That was entirely him, not me! I would just watch their sparring sessions as the referee!” he would continue, holding up both his hands and then watching in silent awe at the ‘secret handshake’.

Damn. Maybe he’d have to figure something out like that down the line.

“At least we only have to paint, right?” he would continue, looking over at the half-finished structure. “Get this place tidied up in time for the—”

His attention would be drawn to some… some strange ‘footprints’ that were leading away from where they were supposed to be standing guard.

“You seen those around here?” he would ask while pointing at said strange ‘footprints’; while the Urshifu stood guard close to the edge.

(Nobody would dare attack a Pokémon that powerful who stood guard, right? Especially one that could Mega Evolve…)

5zPNWuyQ
total: 174

• ROLL A 4, 14, 24, or 100. - Discover mysterious tracks or footprints. (using the 100 roll from my previous post for this fill)

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 3:58:36 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"kinda insulting if you ask me. two of hoenn's best rangers delegated to painting duty? come on now."[break][break]

he'd been privy to lars' demotion from head ranger; who hasn't? but he chooses not to bring it up out of respect for the man. if it'd been him, he would hate to be reminded about it let alone talk about it.[break][break]

"huh? nah, focus up."[break][break]

dismissing the footprints, lance reaches for the buckets of paint and places them down between them. he offers lars a brush, except it's small and definitely not meant to be used for painting buildings.[break][break]

"look! they even gave us nice brushes except i'm pretty sure these are meant for painting on canvases."[break][break]

K7dlLnMe

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 18:00:24 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Hey, I’ve been through worse, you know,” he would crack; his mind’s eye flashing back to the time that he and had to do actual, legitimate construction work back down in… was it Oldale, or Petalburg?

It was either one of those two places, and even then the locals from around those places wouldn’t stop watching them as they helped rebuild destroyed houses from the aftermath of a surprise Team Rocket attack around those parts previously.

His nose wrinkled at the smell of paint.

“Oh, my god. Did they not read the order form correctly?” he would blurt out as he took the other… canvas paintbrush and rolled it over in his hands!

They were going to be here for a while, weren’t they?

RsRuEQLu
total: 343

• omg they’re gonna be here for a while huh

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 10:26:25 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"those fuckers."[break][break]

whether it was an honest, genuine mistake or otherwise matters little now. all they can do is get to work or risk being here for hours on end. lance shrugs, dips his brush into the paint, and starts swiping.[break][break]

it feels too quiet eventually, so he asks,[break][break]

"talk to me about your life, man. it feels like forever since we caught up."[break][break]

IA0fKVOE

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 1:36:40 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He couldn’t help but chuckle at his companion’s crisp ‘callout’ as he shook his own head, dipped the paintbrush into the paint…

And set to work while the Urshifu stood guard at the edge of the clearing.

(They were definitely going to be here for hours, if not days, at this rate.)

“Well… you know. Got into a fight with what I think is a shadow Lugia of all things,” he would remark once he’d managed to… paint a relatively small section of the station with the dinky-ass paintbrush. Why didn’t they give them rollers, at least?!

“And he was brave enough to face that threat head-on and didn’t lose his cool. You really trained him well, huh?” he would add as he tilted his head in the legendary ursine’s direction, who stood guard over in the distance, paws crossed over his chest.

“Funny you ask that too because they mega evolved while fighting the Lugia, I think.”

It wouldn’t take too long before the rumbling ground would catch them off-guard—the sounds of screaming Pokémon in the distance would alert them that something was wrong, wrong, wrong in the area.

“Was that… an earthquake?” he would ask, stepping back for a bit before the ground literally rumbled and shook, threatening to tip the cans of paint over!

nBSLxp|1
total: 428

• TOTAL OF ROLLS MADE BY ALL WRITERS REACHES 377. - You experience an earthquake.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 10:32:54 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"damn, shadow lugia? that's crazy."[break][break]

he cannot imagine having to go up against a legendary, let alone one touched by the shadows. to hear that the urshifu managed to hold its own is impressive, filling him with a sense of pride.[break][break]

as an EARTHQUAKE happens, he reaches his foot over and kicks over the bucket, and then the other, before feining shock.[breka][break]

"oops! shitty shit shit. looks like we can't finish painting now and someone else will have to bring new cans of paint to finish the job. oh well."[break][break]

|TMCTvXo

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 20:27:34 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You’ve been holed up so much in Lilycove, man,” he would hum before the full force of the earthquake shook the nearby vicinity; causing said Urshifu to come over to them out of concern—

“Are you being sneaky?” he would ask the other man, unable to help himself but cackle because the paint had spilled all over the ground now…

Well, at least they didn’t have to use the dinky-ass paintbrushes to complete this task!

“…to be fair my other thought was just picking up the can and emptying the contents all over the wall. But well, whatever works…” he would continue with a shrug.

Normally he’d have looked down at what his fellow Ranger was doing, but if it meant they could get out of here sooner, then the better!

sz6744Nj
total: 468

• we outta here!

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 6:17:12 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: