lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
his hands keep turning into birds and flying away from him. eventually the birds must land.
awards
1,736 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
you make my dreams (come true)
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2024 1:17:37 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]In the weeks that had passed since that day in the Silent Icelands, Lam had often found himself absentmindedly reaching for Rook's arms. Fretting over the burns he'd endured. His palms would slide gently over bandages at first, and later new, flush pink skin. Even now, sitting at their kitchen table with dappled afternoon light slanting through the bay windows, his fingers trailed over the healed burns without thinking about it. Each time, he felt the soft mingling of guilt and awe.[break][break]

Guilt that he'd dragged Rook along with him into that mess.[break][break]

Awe that Rook had been so brave and fast-acting even in the face of his own uncertainty.[break][break]

It was easy to distract him from the finite tedium of wedding planning. There were just so many details that he didn't even realize were a thing. So he was probably a bit unhelpful now, with color swatches and invitation designs spread in front of them. But at least he wasn't sauntering off and leaving Rook to do it all alone.[break][break]

Dopey-eyed, Lam looked up at him and smiled. "It looks good," he murmured as he leaned to the side and his head drooped against Rook's shoulder. Turning his face inward, Lam pressed a kiss against his cheek. The remark was more about the healed burns rather than the color combination that had been presented to him. Though really, it was applicable to both.[break][break]

In all honestly, Lam tended to default to Rook's suggestions for the overall look and aesthetic of things. And really, that was because more often than not Rook's ideas were the better choices. Lam didn't think he was all too good with events, but Rook seemed to flourish with it now.[break][break]

It was super cute, though. Lam had already made at least three jokes about how Rook should become a planner or events coordinator.[break][break]

But the difference was that this was special. This was theirs.[break][break]

"Oh!" his head popped up with sudden, elated thought, glasses askew on his nose. He hadn't bothered with his contacts that day. "Is almost time to go to the cake place?" Because that was what he was most hyped up for, obviously - being able to try their fill of tons of baked, sugary goodness in a variety of flavors.[break][break]

Lam sat up in his seat, joints popping as he stretched his arms up over his head. "Oooh, maybe I could make a design for its decoration." He'd only been hobby painting since they'd moved to Lilycove, but it might be a fun experiment. And give him a little more to contribute with.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- m: sleepless in slateport[break]
- let them eat cAKE!!!

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#83B130;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
Like the birds
of a feather, baby
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
239 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 14:29:37 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar

Lam's contact had always been a lifeline. It didn't always come natural to him — the act of touching and being touched. At first, with anyone else, the contact might have provoked a flinching response. His life hadn't always been this gentle, but it was nice to feel the affects of reconditioning. Clearly, it was working.

Lam seemed to think that he was strong, even if the evidence pointed to the contrary. He certainly wasn't smart enough not to get himself burned, but he wouldn't change anything that happened if it meant that Lam was safe. His partner made him braver than he'd had any right to be.

"What does?" He said absentmindedly, sipping at his coffee mug only to realize he had already suctioned it down. "Are you sure these are the best colors?" Rook had spent most of the planning pointlessly fretting over details that didn't matter. It kept his mind off the explosive realization that he was about to be MARRIED to Lam of all people. How could he have gotten this lucky? He had no clue.

His eyes averted to the little pidgey clock on top of the stove. "Oh wow already?" They had spent a lot of time devoted to staring at colors until he could no longer decipher the difference between them. Cake selection had been the top of Lam's list of priorities, of course. Rook couldn't help but want to tease him for it.

"You totally should!"

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
his hands keep turning into birds and flying away from him. eventually the birds must land.
awards
1,736 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 23:44:54 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"] It was comfortable like this–huddled together in the simple quiet of their home. Finding some sort of contact in any way, shape, or form, no matter how simple it was. If this was what life was, he was happy with it. Would choose it a hundred times over.[break][break]
“Hm?” His glance shifted away from the soft pink of scarred, but new skin. Maybe it’d be better to not get caught out dwelling again. “Oh, I mean..” Lam leaned forward squinting at the color swatches through the lens of his glasses. “I think it’s not clashing, at least,” he decided as he looked at Rook again, “If you’re not sure, though, maybe it’s not the right one. Plus, I’m not sure if I’m sold on pale blue.” His head tilted in thought, and idly, he pushed the color away so that he could drag a new one to make a new set.[break][break]
He made a querying sound in the back of his throat, looking to Rook for approval. Then shrugged just as quickly. “I think as long as nothing is orange, it’ll be good.” Even if their suits were the ugliest shade of blood orange, it wouldn’t matter in the end. Of course it wouldn’t. Because they’d be together. He had half a mind to ask Rook if they shouldn’t just go down to the town hall.[break][break]
Quick, easy, efficient. A very Lam suggestion, admittedly. But there was also something sort of fun in planning out all the pomp with Rook. Being able to do this together. “Yeah, I’m ready to goooo.” He nodded, far more enthusiastic for the prospect of cake than colors.[break][break]
“You think so?” He perked at the encouragement. Lam held his hands up, fingers forming L-shapes so that when he twisted them together they made a window for him to squint though, expression twisting up as he poked his tongue out playfully. He turned the makeshift viewfinder on his boyfri– fiance. “Picture it, a little Rook pidove topper, and a little Lam pidove to go with it. I can see it.” His nose wrinkled up, and he grinned.[break][break]
Moving for the door, he pulled his shoes on. Peaches was lazing in the sun on the floor by the glass door to the backyard up. Lam hoisted her bulky body up, cheek rubbing against her head affectionately. “C’mon, time for a walk.” The psyduck let out a series of grumbly psy yais, but complied and waddled to the door expectantly as if he and Rook were the ones taking too long.[break][break]
Honestly, Lam could understand, because…well, cake.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- let them eat cAKE!!!

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
Like the birds
of a feather, baby
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
239 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON May 24, 2024 17:34:00 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar

Orange. Rook grinned at that, "Be careful or I might show up to the wedding in an orange suit." Not that he would ever dare. He was still stylish, even if a bit silly at times.

"A little Rook pidove topper, and a little Lam pidove to go with it."

Rook laughed at that, definitely picturing it. "How about a rookidee? Just like the nickname." That nickname always did have a way of making him swoon. Then again, Lam could have called him trubbish and he would have swooned.

Lam picked up Peaches and Rook gave a little scritch to the top of the psyduck's head before passing them. It was nice outside, perfect weather and everything. "So we still haven't agreed on cake flavor, you know. This better not turn into a cake fight."
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,736 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON May 24, 2024 18:19:50 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Lam grimaced, “You know what, I will be…so happy in general, it wouldn’t even matter if you were impersonating a traffic cone during our nuptials.” He nudged Rook playfully. “Somehow I think you won’t do that, though.”[break][break]
He was far savvier with dressing himself than Lam was, so it was something he couldn’t even fathom Rook doing in earnest. “But if you do then I’m showing up in board shorts and flipflops.” He laughed, knowing he also wouldn’t dare if he wanted to avoid getting smacked (lovingly) with one of those flipflops.[break][break]
His expression brightened with enthusiasm. “Yeah! That’d be perfect, ‘cause you’re my rookidee.” He pressed a kiss against Rook’s temple. “Two little birds. They can have little bowties.”[break][break]
Peaches, thrilled with the attention, chattered at Rook as he passed. Then followed eagerly after him as Lam took up the rear and locked the door behind them. Quickly, he caught up and fell into step with his partner. “You think we’ll actually fight over cake?” he asked, “There’s just so many kinds…” In his opinion it was just too difficult to pick.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- let them eat cAKE!!!

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
Like the birds
of a feather, baby
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
239 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2024 17:28:56 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar

Rook traded Lam a teasing glimpse that said: I just might, don't challenge me.

There was a quick flicker of a thought—Lam showing up to wedding in his yellow psyduck shorts and flipflops and maybe a button-down with a clip-on bowtie. Admittedly it was a cute thought. "We can wear whatever want, after all... it is our wedding, right?" If there was ever a time in life to do everything they wanted, it was now.

There was something freeing in that, being able to do as he wanted. Rook had always been scared of pushing boundaries, but never scared about getting in trouble. Not long ago, he had been an art thief. Hell, sometimes he still was a bit legally duplicitous. What was wearing orange to a wedding? Small fry.

Rook leaned against Lam, taking the kiss with an endeared sigh. There was always a little flutter in his heart, whenever Lam called him that. Rookidee.

"I mean it depends, the only time I've seen us fight was over food." Not entirely true, but he wasn't talking about the time he was arrested or when Lam got hurt in battle. It was easier to think about the goofier fights over who ate whose leftovers. It had been easier when he still ate meat.

"First flavor that comes to mind, count of three... 1... 2... 3...."

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,736 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2024 17:59:55 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

His eyes flickered away thoughtfully, bottom lip pushing out as he considered it. “Y’know, that’s a good point. It is our wedding.” His smile stretched wide as he looked at Rook again. “Flip flops for sure. I mean, it’s the beach anyway, right?” There was no worse feeling than sand in socks.[break][break]
It was a nice thought–doing as they pleased. Choosing what they wanted to do because they wanted it. No one outside of themselves could really make the call for them. Still, he’d prefer to fulfill whatever wants Rook had in this. If Lam could make this as ideal as possible for the other, he’d do whatever it took to accomplish it.[break][break]
“It’s still kind of wild to think about, you know? Wedding.” He spoke the word simply as if it alone explained away all of the feeling and thought behind it. Sure, they’d been engaged for several months by that point, but there were moments when he realized it still hadn’t fully sunk in. Not in a bad way. It was just…surreal?[break][break]
Rook actually wanted to hitch himself to this particular wagon. It was astounding. Mind boggling.[break][break]
The walk to the bakery was a relatively easy one. Straightforward without having to get lost on the Lilycove streets. It made for lazy strolling, which was fine by him. He laughed at the remark, and shot Rook a look though he didn’t opt to point out the fallacy in the claim. They’d fought over worse, sorted through heavier things. Fallen apart and snapped back together.[break][break]
And yet– “True. Food is a battle worth waging, after all. If there’s ever a hill to die on, it’s definitely that you swiped the maple glaze donut I was saving.” He nudged Rook with an elbow playfully to show he wasn’t serious.[break][break]
Though he’d been plenty foul about it roughly two weeks ago.[break][break]
His face twisted up in deliberation, tongue poking out before he gave way to panic as the countdown started. “Wait, wait! It’s serious! Uh–lemon cream!” he managed to blurt in time with Rook’s own answer.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- let them eat cAKE!!!

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
Like the birds
of a feather, baby
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
239 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2024 18:12:10 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar

"I didn't actually think about that." Flipflops made more sense on the beach and it would be entirely too hot to wear a tuxedo, right? "What if the wingulls attack me again?" They did seem to enjoy divebombing him. During his wedding, he'd be incapable of stopping them.

The thought that he was allowed to marry his best friend in the entire world was a little overwhelming. He should have been happy. He was happy, of course, but he was also terrified of letting Lam down. Even if it wasn't really possible, because Lam wouldn't be disappointed easily...

Rook tried not to overthink it too much, thankful that the wedding planning had distracted him so far.

"I did not, I told you. It was someone else. I'm sure one of the pokemon." He had definitely eaten the last donut, but he was HUNGRY and that was the best thing in the kitchen to eat. How was he supposed to resist that?

He counted down... "Double chocolate."

Then laughed, "Okay, lemon creme is really good too."

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,736 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2024 15:09:26 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

“Right? See, I’m actually a genius.” he grinned at Rook as he tapped at his own temple. “Plus, being on all that hot sand will keep ya from getting cold feet!” It was only a tease, obvious in the goofy cadence of his voice and how he bumped into the other’s side.[break][break]
Unaware entirely of the self-inflicted worries flitting through Rook’s head. Of course, he didn’t actually think Rook would get cold feet. Though there were maybe moments here and there that he thought Lam didn’t notice. The brief clouding of his expression before the brightness peeked out again.[break][break]
Not regret or hesitancy, exactly, but…what? Maybe nerves. He wasn’t about to push him on it. At some point or another, it’d come tumbling out in a big rush. At least, that’s what usually happened. He recalled a night being woken up to a sopping wet Rook, spurred into teary confession by a silly phone game.[break][break]
“I won’t let the wingulls attack you,” Lam reassured him. Funny as it sort of was (and it was,) he wouldn’t leave him to suffer on their wedding day. “I’ll make sure Poppy’s on the lookout.”[break][break]
Lam cut him a disbelieving look. “You’re such a liar!” He laughed, rolling his eyes emphatically. The evidence had been right there—a smudge of maple glaze on the edge of his mouth. If Lam hadn’t been so peeved, he might’ve kissed it off, but he had not been so affectionate at the time.[break][break]
Rook was quick to go for Lam’s choice, which he sort of expected, but just as immediately he was shaking his own head. “Noooo, but double chocolate is so good too…” he whined in defeat as he flopped against his partner. “Ohh…but what if it was like double chocolate with a layer of raspberry jam filling in the middle…”[break][break]
Another laugh followed as they reached the shop. He looked at Rook, pulling open the door and holding it for him. “Watch them have, like, a totally crazy flavor we can’t say no to, though. Maybe they’ll blow our minds.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- let them eat cAKE!!!

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
Like the birds
of a feather, baby
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
239 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 15:57:16 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar

"I'm not gonna get cold feet, doofus!" The laugh barked out of him, a belly-sort of laugh. He gave Lam a playful little smack on the ass, partly because he wanted the excuse. A certain level of softness had settled into his life, security that he never would have expected. It wasn't like he'd fully retired from causing mischief, but his life had changed shapes in the past year or so. Sure, he might not have been a prominent and tough trainer like Lam, but he enjoyed the simplicity. He was figuring things out for himself, but it didn't have to be immediate. He didn't have to pick between tough choices anymore. Lam afforded him that.

"Oh no, I almost feel bad for the wingulls then." He laughed, knowing he couldn't slight a bird for its hunger. In another life, Rook had just as much likelihood of being reincarnated as a hungry beach bird himself.

As proven by his own hunger, getting him in trouble again.

His stomach grumbled from all the lovely discussion of cakes. His only worry was that it might disappoint him if the cakes aren't as magical as he hoped.

"Bubblegum or... cotton candy."
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,736 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 20:33:58 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

The laughter drew out his own, and Lam shook his head. “It was a joke. I know you won’t.” Well, he certainly hoped Rook wouldn’t. He trusted him when he’d said ‘yes’ to sticking with him. Unless Lam really really screwed up, he couldn’t foresee a situation where he’d be jilted at the altar. The smack on his ass made him startle, and his face flushed with color, but Lam laughed again. “Cheeky.” Pun intended.[break][break]
“You? Feeling bad for the wingull?” Lam’s brows rose sharply, “Well now I’ve heard everything. Never thought I’d live to see the day.” He stuck his tongue out. Despite Rook’s patience with birds (especially all of his birds, and his habit of picking up every stray one he found,) it wasn’t actually all that surprising that Rook would feel compassion for them.[break][break]
He was like that with literally every pokemon. It probably could have been an angry, slavering granbull and Rook would probably still attempt to cuddle it. But that was one of the five million thousand little things that Lam loved about him.[break][break]
The idea of a bubblegum cake made his nose wrinkle. “Do you think that’d be good as cake?” his head tilted as they waited for the bakery owner to finish up so they could meet with her. “Like, ice cream is one thing, but cake?”[break][break]
Eventually they found themselves seated at a little table, a list of flavors set between the two of them. The baker had suggested popular combinations, and whatnot, but had stepped away to let them discuss. Lam leaned forward, peering down at the list, then glanced back up at Rook with a grin. “I sort of feel obligated to just try pistachio ‘cause it’s green.”[break][break]
Then his eyes lit on a flavor and he pointed at it.[break][break]
“Coco Puffs. See? Crazy cereal flavor.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- let them eat cAKE!!!

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
Like the birds
of a feather, baby
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
239 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 19:18:31 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar

"If its going up against Poppy? I weep." Poppy was a very beefy bird, so any one that had to go up against her was doomed. He could still remember the last time Miss Moony went after Crumbs, they barely avoided a nuclear attack. Then again, he was fairly certain that Miss Moony had it coming, she liked to push her luck at times. She might have been the queen of the castle, but she wasn't the most powerful in the house.

"Don't knock it till you try it, I say." There was very little that Rook wouldn't eat, though he had taken to vegetarian food after dating Lam. It made things easier to cook and, after some persuasion, he realized it wasn't all that bad. They still got to enjoy cheese, after all.

He seated at the table beside Lam, thumbing through the available recipes and flavors. "Oh yum! Those are my favorite." He paused, "Ooooh Cinnamon crunch." These probably weren't very Wedding appropriate, but it was nice to be able to do what they wanted. It was true, they didn't take a whole lot seriously so why couldn't they just do things as they wanted? It was their wedding!

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,736 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 20:08:00 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Lam shrugged, laughing. “True. Poppy isn’t exactly a negotiator.” She’d send those wingull packing. Lam still remembered the devastation wrought on their home in the war against Miss Moony. In the end, she’d shown Miss Moony what’s what. Whether or not the liepard accepted it was another story. “I think it took Noodle a week to come out from under the furniture without running away.” Sort of smart of the lil guy to take cover, really.[break][break]
“Okay okay, I guess you’re right. It just seems like it’d be weird with the texture.” Lam had never really considered himself all that picky when it came to most non-meat foods. But Rook surpassed even him when it came to trying things or having an advanced palate. Granted, he was pretty grateful that Rook had acclimated to vegetarianism fairly easily. If only because it meant that Lam didn’t have to smell raw meat cooking as often anymore. Gross.[break][break]
He leaned sideways into Rook’s space comfortably, looking down at the list. “Let’s try that one for sure,” he declared, “Ooh, and maybe the orange swirl one?” He imagined that must taste something like a creamsicle. Plus, they could try all the more classic flavors later.[break][break]
What was the point if they didn’t try the fun stuff first?[break][break]
As they waited for the first bite size pieces to arrive, Lam propped his elbow on the table, chin in hand as he turned inward toward his partner. “Oh! I talked to my dad the other day. He said he got his travel ticket…and Leif’s. So they’re definitely excited to visit. I know we haven’t sent out the invites officially, but I don’t think he’s ever been to Hoenn, so he’s a bit, mmm, enthusiastic.”[break][break]
A fond smile flit across his mouth at the mention.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- let them eat cAKE!!!

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
Like the birds
of a feather, baby
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
239 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2024 16:53:35 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar

"Orange cream cake?" He laughed, having never heard of such a thing. Rook wasn't about to turn down anything though, certainly not if it was cake. Inevitably, they'd have to come to an understanding that the cake wasn't just for them. They needed their guests to like it as well, but he was certainly taking priority over them still.

They made their initial orders and were free to sit there, drooling over the possibilities. "We should have gotten married ages ago, cake-tasting?" He laughed again, realizing that they didn't need to get married to taste cake, but it certainly wouldn't have hurt.

Yet then Lam brought up his dad. Rook had already met his somewhat posh brother, but he'd neve met Lam's father. Due to history, which he was squeamish about, fathers had a nervous effect on him. "Oh... good. You think he'll like me right?"

Lam had already insisted as much, but he was stubborn in his refusal to accept it. "I haven't talked to mine since... you know." It did occur to him that his side of the aisle was a little lonely. He didn't meet people quite as easily as Lam did. Rook had always done better with pokemon than people, not that he didn't try, but they didn't seem to like him in the same way. Not that he gave them the chance anymore.
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-seven
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,736 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2024 17:44:52 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

“Yeah, you know, like those orange ice cream bars that are sooo good? I bet it tastes like that.” He was confident in his guess. After all…what else would it taste like? Maybe an ice cream float with fanta. It didn’t really matter what flavors were put in front of them, though, they all sounded hella good.[break][break]
Maybe their guests wanted plain vanilla, but that was sort of boring, wasn’t it?[break][break]
“We could always get something fun,” he considered, rubbing his chin, “and then make tonnnnns of regular sorts of cupcakes for the non-adventurous people.” Happy middle ground??[break][break]
Every so often, his eyes darted to the back door, waiting for the baker to reappear with the good cuts of cake. He leaned in conspiratorially. “Maybe we can go to other cities on our anniversaries, and pretend like we’ve just gotten engaged so we can try all their cake.” Relatively low on the deviousness scale for schemes. But he’d do it for the sake of the sweet tooth.[break][break]
As Lam spoke about his father, he could feel his enthusiasm brightening. He hadn’t seen his father in a few years, and that had enhanced a sense of homesickness. Even if he’d made a home here, and found it in Rook, there was something sentimental about Alola, and yeah—he sorta missed his dad. He was quick to wave a hand, “Yes, I’m positive.”[break][break]
It was not a new question. His hand rested on top of Rook’s, fingers closing around his palm. “I think you’ll get along well, actually. He’s just as enthusiastic about pokemon, and can probably keep up with you in a conversation.” It was both a tease, and not. His dad was a chatterer too, especially when he got wound up.[break][break]
But he wasn’t blind to Rook’s insecurity—particularly when it came to fathers. He could relate, at least in the sense that he could be odd about mothers, and had a very…fine-tuned set of beliefs when it came to distant or unkind parents. Despite this, though, he tried to soften it for Rook’s sake. “Do you think maybe…it would be worth calling him?” He was protective, he didn’t want him anywhere near Rook after that visit had gone. But he couldn’t deny Rook what he wanted, and it was his choice, not Lam’s. And the last thing he wanted was for Rook to feel isolated or lonely in the middle of their wedding day.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- let them eat cAKE!!!

[googlefont=Poppins]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited