Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
I might not feel pain, but I can still bleed.
awards
272 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
Sister Complex [M]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 0:33:08 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]
Man, he needed to stop binging peanut butter cookies. This is what Biscotti thinks to himself and he draws closer to the beach. Just a few weeks ago, he’d have made this ride with no problem. Now, he can tell his legs aren’t as adept as before.

As he locks up his bike, labrador eyes lift to the white sand. He sees her standing there. His cheeks color red. A hand lifts to rearrange his hair into some semblance of order. But it doesn’t take long for it to poof back to a good old Venonat. A sigh pushes past his lips as he heads to the boardwalk.. Arceus, this is embarrassing.

The loss to Josh stung. Or, at least, that’s what he imagined it’d feel like. He could get stung by a whole nest of Beedrill and not feel a lick of pain. It’d hurt his heart though. Any idea of proving Shalin wrong—that strength didn’t require mass murder--faded when he stepped away. He’d been lectured that his Pokemon didn’t trust him. That they didn’t respect him.

It really chaffed him to hear, but the guy was right. And it wasn’t like it was just them either. Even his younger siblings treated him like a joke.

Biscotti spent so long as a doormat, that the idea of respect seemed almost totalitarian. Shaking off depressing thoughts, he approached a familiar face from behind. She looked taller than when he’d seen her last. Stronger too. Somehow she kept going forward. And he just stayed the same.

“Hey, Nilla!” His smile is reserved. Seeing her brings back the lost times—the decades spent in a hallucination. “How’s life?” A hand worried at a Pokeball at his side.

NOTES: Learning to fight from a 12 year old.

[attr="class","bisc"]

[newclass=.bisc b] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.bisc i] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
299 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vanillakingsley
Vanilla Kingsley
Sister Complex [M]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 1:32:46 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Vanilla stood on the boardwalk with her back to Biscotti. She had flourished since they had last met up like this, the girl wearing a floral sundress, hat and even her bag had gotten a bit of a makeover. Her Rotom hovered besides her as they conversed amongst themselves, unaware at the family member behind them. Upon hearing the voice of somebody close, Vanilla spun around with a wide grin. The time in Hoenn had changed her, even those many years both had spent in a false reality.

Her glasses had gone missing, as blue eyes greeted the boy's gaze. Her naturally pink hair had fully been replaced by a black sheen, though some bits of magenta color peeked out from the tip of her head. No longer had she relied on her emotional support from Proxii to put together a sentence in front of people. No, Vanilla had flourished into a proper young lass who beamed at her older brother's appearance. "Scotti!" she raced to dive into a hug with her brother, her smaller arms wrapping around him and squeezing. They hadn't talked in person like this for a while now, and she had truly been feeling a bit homesick as of late. "It's so good to see you again! How've you been? Still trying for the Gym Challenge?" Proxii even would come over. The Rotom was inside of her cellphone, clad in a pink case with a Alcremie inspired design. "How ya been, Biscotti? Find any biscuits to hang out with? Kekekek~"

Her smile faded soon enough. She could see into those eyes of his and tell that something was eating away at him. Call it a hunch that one picked up when you had fourteen other siblings and knew exactly how some would react with one another. Vanilla's brows furrowed further as she took a step back. "You okay? You look like something's bothering you..."

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
I might not feel pain, but I can still bleed.
awards
272 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
Sister Complex [M]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 2:00:17 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]
The awkward boy took a minute to connect his sister to this blue-haired girl. She stood straighter and seemed more comfortable in her own skin. She’d even gone so far as to dye her hair. Unfortunately, the telltale glasses were absent. But the Rotom hovering around served as confirmation. As she threw her arms around him, he couldn’t help but notice she was taller too.

It kind of sucked that he’d stayed the same.

He feigned discomfort as she squeezed tighter. But his eyes sparkled with mirth. After a second, his arms folded more securely around him. When they separated, he rewarded her with one of his awkward grins. Some part of him wanted to say she looked good, but he felt it might come off as weird. Siblings saying stuff like that could come off as creepy. “You too!” As the questions spilled out, he couldn’t help but hold his hands up in teasing offense. To go from no talking to a waterfall kind of threw him for a loop (olde Galar notwithstanding). “Same-old, same-old.” His life hadn’t changed too much. At the question, his cheeks flushed. “Yeah.” There’s a hint of hesitation. “Uh, found out it really is a challenge.”

His Incineroar snorted. In her eyes, it was his fault they’d lost. Sure, she’d taken some recoil damage, but it wasn’t anything she couldn’t handle. She wasn’t a shrinking violet. At the Rotom’s question, the cat’s blue eyes rolled backward.

Proxii earned a good-natured slap to his whipped cream dollop. “Not yet, P. I’m more of a donut guy.” And, if his gut was anything to go by, an anything fattening guy. Familiarity gave the puppy an urge to nibble. “How’s unemployment treating you?” The hair on the back of his neck stood up as his sister stepped back. He could feel her scrutinizing him.

Biscotti laughed at the question. He did that when he was nervous. Or, uh, a lot of the time really. “Yeah—I just—” He shook his head. “How’d you do it?” His Incineroar snorted. “We tried like crazy and got absolutely creamed.”

NOTES: Learning to fight from a 12 year old.

[attr="class","bisc"]

[newclass=.bisc b] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.bisc i] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
299 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vanillakingsley
Vanilla Kingsley
Sister Complex [M]
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 1:09:36 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Her arms around her older brother felt genuine, a true visage of wishing him well despite the highly competitive nature that ran in the family. Vanilla wasn't much in terms of being a baker, but at least training was more of her forte, more so in part thanks to the efforts of and . The both of them were amazing mentors, and she had only grown further thanks to their guidance alone. The younger Kingsley listened to Biscotti more with intent. The Incineroar by him was much like how Vanilla had thought they would be! Proxii took a quick scan as its information was entered inside of its Pokedex database.

One quick snort by his Incineroar later, Vanilla understood so suddenly. The gym challenge wasn't easy on her either, but she had made some progress. "It kind of is. I was surprised when I went up against Navy back when he was a gym leader. I don't know how is, but she's just about as fierce as he is." Proxii hovered back around Vanilla's opposite side before she thought of what to say. Something that she might have needed to hear back when she was in his shoes. Her Rotonphone bobbed about like some sort of haunted bouncy ball. "It's never been better! Vanilla's grown so much in just a year. She doesn't even need me to act as a guardian anymore!" The girl puffed her chest out triumphantly, with pride shown off as if it was the blood running through her veins.

"Y'know, besides the three times you almost died."
Vanilla's display ended at the moment Proxii spoke. "I told you not to mention that!" She whined.
"I thought it might have been important to mention before you try and hide that."
"I don't hide stuff like that, and it only happened twice!"

Vanilla huffed while her companion snickered to himself. But Biscotti's previous words had been rotating in her mind a bit so that she could form an opinion. "To answer your question though…" Vanilla began, "I don't really know how I beat my two gym battles. When I walked into Navy's gym for my first badge, I was terrified. I had never done a gym battle before and I didn't know what to expect. Everything was going fine and I had my Pokémon against his, but then that twist came. I guess that's important part. Every gym challenge is supposed to test some part of being a trainer, it's not just locked to typing."

Vanilla looked over at the Incineroar for a moment, her eyes flickering around its many features. "It also depends a lot on your Pokémon. I only won Navy's because I trained with them enough to know them 100%. Even Cauli in Josh's challenge got pushed to her limits. I've never ridden her that fast, even when we were in Not Galar." She looked back at her sibling and then a devious grin. Her bag slung over her shoulder was taken off as a hand dug inside of it. "I think I can explain it better, and you can show me, in the best way a trainer can when they meet somebody else." Two Pokéballs were shown to Biscotti as she brought them together. "There's a battle ring right near the shore below. Are you going to let your little sister show you up like this?~"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights