ben
he/him
twenty-nine
september 14th
petalburg, hoenn
/shrug
pkmn center doc
civilian
keep it sweet in your memory, I’m still tongue-tied (sunflower, sunflower.)
awards
28 posts
benji sawyer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @benji
benji sawyer
little ray of sunshine [m]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 15:35:27 GMT
benji sawyer Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sunboy benji"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","leftcolumn"]

[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","tagnotes"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"]Did anything beat a sunny day at a craft fair? Benji thought not. He'd even made the trip out to Lilycove just for this one. The whole thing got him dreaming a bit. Whimsical thoughts that maybe he could enroll in one the next time he came across one. Just to sell some pastries he'd been experimenting with.[break][break]

But that would also mean baking enough treats to last.[break][break]

Tall and broad as he was, he felt a little cramped stepping into a few of the booths with lower roofs. His head ducked as he stepped into one, posture slouching as he peered down at the rows of artisanal soaps and soy candles neatly lined up on tiered shelves.[break][break]

"Check it, Milo! These ones are made with gogoat milk." He pointed at a particular set of soaps in different colors, marked by the scented oils included in each. His furret trilled, pink-tipped tail swishing where his long body was draped over Ben's shoulder.[break][break]

"Do you think they have a ylang ylang one..." His words were muttered as he shuffled in a semi-circle, leaned forward to peer and squint at the labels. His glasses slid down his nose slightly and he pushed them back up before giving up and pushing them up to his forehead. As if that would somehow make his sight better and not worse.[break][break]

He continued his little shuffle dance, unaware of anyone but the vendor in the booth - that was, until he practically bodychecked someone much smaller. "Ah!" Benji startled, the jostling knocking his glasses back down, askew. But Benji didn't pay any attention to that. Instead, he blinked rapidly, hazel eyes wide. "Are you alright? I am so sorry, I should've been paying better attention to where I was stepping."

[attr="class","oocnotes"]M: SLEEPLESS IN SLATEPORT

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","dashdash"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".benji"] --accent:#F4994C!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy"]--accent:#FFB546;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy"]width:450px; margin:0px auto; background: #222; border:solid 1px #232323; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius:10px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy b"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody i"]font:11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .inner"]display:flex;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn"]width:100px; padding:20px 25px 0px 30px; margin-top:10px; margin-right:30px; float:left; border-right:1px solid #1A1A1A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; transform:rotate(-40deg); [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy:hover .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]transform:rotate(320deg); transition:2s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn"]margin-bottom:-50px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img"]border-radius:100px; background:#222; border:1px solid #1A1A1A; padding-bottom:7px; height:40px; margin-right:5px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img:hover"]background-color:var(--accent); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes"]font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; padding-top:40px; margin-left:0px; padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:2px solid var(--accent); } .sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .tagnotes .tag"]font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .sunboy .tagnotes .tag a { font:bold 16px/15px 'Poppins'!important; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody"]font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.3px; color:#bfbfbf; text-align:justify; padding:40px 40px 40px 10px; width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .oocnotes"]text-align:right; margin-right:10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; } .sunboy .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .dashdash"]height:10px; width:70px; float:left; margin-top:30px; margin-right:20px; background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .bottom"]height:50px; background-color:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; z-index:5; position:relative; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .milkycredit"]font-size:11px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .sunboy .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#3a3a3a!important; } .sunboy .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; font-size:14px; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

she / her
cerulean city, kanto
it's a mystery
personal assistant
civilian
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.
awards
19 posts
Sasha Huang DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sasha
Sasha Huang
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 12:49:00 GMT
Sasha Huang Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sasha1"]
[attr="class","body"]

Sasha loved craft fairs. She never had opportunities to visit them as a child; her parents told her they were frivolous wastes of time. Yet her heart yearned to admire the beauty of the creative world, especially that made with others' hands. [break][break]

Since leaving home, she'd resolved to attend as many as she could. The annual fair in Lilycove was a favorite, one she enjoyed perusing again and again. [break][break]

One vendor in particular sold a variety of products made by Pokémon on their farm: Gogoat cheeses and soaps, Combee wax candles, and flowers tended by Cutiefly, to name a few. [break][break]

Sasha was admiring a beautiful wax rendering of a rearing Rapidash, turning it over in her hands, when someone walked right into her from behind. It was not the gentle bump of another customer in a small space, but instead felt like a small mountain had decided to run her over. [break][break]

"Ah!" she cried out as she dropped the candle, her hands scrambling to catch the edge of a table so she wouldn't fall into it. Mortified, she watched as the candle hit the floor, pieces of it break off from the main body. "Oh no!" [break][break]

She gathered the broken object in both hands and turned to the vendor. "I'm so sorry. I'll pay for this." [break][break]

Only then did Sasha turn to look at whoever—or whatever—had run her over. She found herself face-to-face with a tall, broad-shouldered man who looked as flustered as she felt. [break][break]

"I'm—I'm okay, yes, thank you." [break][break]

Then she hesitated. He should have been watching where he was going, but she should have had more awareness. Perhaps the crowdedness was why her mother hated craft fairs.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
[newclass=".sasha1"]--accent:#ff8503;font:13px "Noto Sans";[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 a"]font:13px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 h1"]font:18px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 h2"]font:16px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

ben
he/him
twenty-nine
september 14th
petalburg, hoenn
/shrug
pkmn center doc
civilian
awards
28 posts
benji sawyer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @benji
benji sawyer
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 21:13:43 GMT
benji sawyer Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"]Everything happened so quickly, it was hard to follow the chain of events as they unrolled. His hands reached out to steady her, but she caught herself with the table. But not before the candle dropped from her grasp, of course.[break][break]
Benji winced at the sight of it cracking against the ground, though it made no loud noise.[break][break]
Before he could say anything, she was apologizing to the owner and he felt terrible for the accident. Grimace still on his face, he peered down at the woman. She was cute, despite the mortification that was undoubtedly written across his face as much as it was hers.[break][break]
Benjamin, you clumsy idiot.[break][break]
He fixed his glasses, adjusting them on his nose with an awkward sort of fidgeting that practically indicated the precursor to more babbling. “Oh, good– I mean, not that I’m glad for the mistake, just that you’re alright. I’m kind of a giant in these little booths.” A realization brightened the hazel brown of his eyes. “But like, a gentle giant! Er, usually..”[break][break]
Embarrassed heat flushed up the back of his neck, and he was sure that his cheeks had started to darken with color the more he went on. His glance dropped to the broken candle in her hands, then then lifted back to her face. “I can pay for that,” he said with a sigh, shoulders drooping as he felt the telltale tinge of guilt.[break][break]
“It would’ve been all in one piece if I hadn’t bumped into you, after all.”

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".sunboy"]width:450px; margin:0px auto; background: #222; border:solid 1px #232323; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius:10px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy b"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody i"]font:11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn"]width:100px; padding:20px 25px 0px 30px; margin-top:10px; margin-right:30px; float:left; border-right:1px solid #1A1A1A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; transform:rotate(-40deg); [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy:hover .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]transform:rotate(320deg); transition:2s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn"]margin-bottom:-50px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img"]border-radius:100px; background:#222; border:1px solid #1A1A1A; padding-bottom:7px; height:40px; margin-right:5px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img:hover"]background-color:var(--accent); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes"]font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; padding-top:40px; margin-left:0px; padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:2px solid var(--accent); } .sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .tagnotes .tag"]font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .sunboy .tagnotes .tag a { font:bold 16px/15px 'Poppins'!important; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody"]font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.3px; color:#bfbfbf; text-align:justify; padding:40px 40px 40px 10px; width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .oocnotes"]text-align:right; margin-right:10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; } .sunboy .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .dashdash"]height:10px; width:70px; float:left; margin-top:30px; margin-right:20px; background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .bottom"]height:50px; background-color:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; z-index:5; position:relative; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .milkycredit"]font-size:11px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .sunboy .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#3a3a3a!important; } .sunboy .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; font-size:14px; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

she / her
cerulean city, kanto
it's a mystery
personal assistant
civilian
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.
awards
19 posts
Sasha Huang DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sasha
Sasha Huang
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 11:56:11 GMT
Sasha Huang Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sasha1"]
[attr="class","body"]

Sasha gave the stranger an awkward smile as he babbled, one that shifted into genuine gratitude when he offered to pay for the broken candle. She stood to the side as he and the vendor exchanged bills, still cradling the wax pieces in her hands. [break][break]

As soon as she was out of sight of the stall, she planned to throw them into the nearest trash bin. [break][break]

At that moment, Sasha's large tote purse wriggled. Dedenne was awake, roused by the earlier jostling. The small mouse poked her head out over the edge of the purse and immediately spotted the Furret draped over the stranger's shoulder. She erupted in a series of excited squeaks, tiny sparks flying from her cheeks. [break][break]

Sasha laughed lightly at her Pokémon's forwardness. To the stranger, she said, "I know how you can make it up to me. Dedenne wants to play with your Furret. Maybe we can have them run around outside where there's more space?"

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
[newclass=".sasha1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 h1"]font:18px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 h2"]font:16px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

ben
he/him
twenty-nine
september 14th
petalburg, hoenn
/shrug
pkmn center doc
civilian
awards
28 posts
benji sawyer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @benji
benji sawyer
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 1:40:50 GMT
benji sawyer Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"] Benji was making a right, proper mess of this, huh? It was like his mind was screaming internally as he babbled out loud to the poor girl. Asking why he was still talking when, really, he should’ve just clamped his mouth shut the moment he noticed the awkwardly polite tug in her smile.[break][break]
Instead, his motor mouth kept right on chugging.[break][break]
His saving grace was turning to settled in with the vendor (who, he was sure, probably just wanted them out of the stall by that point.)[break][break]
His bespectacled stare lit upon the dedenne and quickly brightened. “Awfully cute mouse ya got,” he remarked, the furret on his shoulder chirping his agreement. “Alright, down you go, Milo.” He reached up at an awkward angle and plucked the fuzzy noodle off his shoulder. His long body swayed side to side before he wiggled and twisted free—eager for the proposed playtime.[break][break]
“I think we can manage that,” he said with a laugh, careful to not stumble into her again as he ducked under the entryway of the tent again so they could find an open space.[break][break]
Maybe he could manage to actually chat without making himself out to be a total dummy.[break][break]
“I swear, I don’t usually make a habit of running into people and breaking their stuff.” There was still lingering heat in his face, but he ignored it. The reassurance was also…sort of a tiny fib because he was clumsy as heck.[break][break]
Usually he just didn’t rope other people into his messes in the process. “Ah—I’m Benji, by the way. Er, Ben. Whichever, either, both. Just not Benjamin.”

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

she / her
cerulean city, kanto
it's a mystery
personal assistant
civilian
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
awards
19 posts
Sasha Huang DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sasha
Sasha Huang
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 11:45:41 GMT
Sasha Huang Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sasha1"]
[attr="class","body"]

As soon as Sasha stepped out of the stall and into open air, she felt better. Freed from such cramped quarters, she could slip into the crowd for an easy escape—another of her mother's lessons. [break][break]

But she did not. Instead, she committed the stranger's name to memory. [break][break]

"I'm Sasha," she said. The name came so easily now, as if she'd been born with it. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Ben." With her hands full of the broken candle, she had an excuse not to shake his own in introduction. He seemed strong enough to crush her fingers. [break][break]

Dedenne hopped out of her purse as she made her way to a trash bin. The small mouse hurried toward the Furret, bouncing up and down in excitement, and started running circles around the larger Pokémon. [break][break]

"Don't run off too far," Sasha reminded Dedenne gently as she surreptitiously slipped the candle into the bin. She spied a bench nearby and sat down on it. "We'll be right here, okay?"

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights