MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]DUPLICITOUS MASQUERADE

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

IN-CHARACTER SIGN-UP THREAD
MEMBER-LED EVENT RUN BY NEWT

INTRODUCTION

Rejoice, Hoenn! For it has been announced that soon, within the next month, the ever-affluent Yukimura family will be hosting a party here in Mauville of your very own region! The gathering will be a masquerade, an evening affair in which you are expected to dress in your best formalwear and don a mask in order to hide your identity.[break][break]

The oldest Yukimura child, Seiichi Yukimura, as well as the middle child, Maki Yukimura, will be your hosts for this evening of good food, dance, and fun. In addition to the regular festivities, they will be holding a contest to determine 6 winners who will be given VIP passes to a special dinner with the two Yukimuras themselves.[break][break]

This could be an amazing opportunity to build your connections… or just to have a very nice meal and some pleasant company for the evening. The cost for the VIPs will be entirely subsidized, right down to the clothing and masks you will wear.

THE EVENT

THIS EVENT THREAD IS A "SIGN-UP THREAD" FASHIONED AS A SCAVENGER HUNT! Everyone participating will be taken to an enclosed area and asked to find certain items. The top 6 contestants, rolling 1d100, will be given their VIP passes and invited to partake in dinner with the hosts. Contestants will only be asked to make a single post for their entry and then roll to determine who wins.[break][break]

However… it may become apparent that, at the dinner, everyone is not who they seem. There will be a mystery for your characters to solve in that building set off from the rest of the masquerade. The hosts may play it off as just another part of the evening, but it will be no game. [break][break]

All non-VIP members are invited to have a much more normal evening and participate as they like in their own threads for the event. The VIP members will also be allowed to make offshoot threads, naturally, but they will also be asked to participate in a little Clue-style narrative in the VIP thread. If you find you are unable to participate in this, please let me (Newt) know so I can ask a runner-up to attend. [break][break]

Please post your entry in this thread by describing your character hunting down scavenger hunt items. You may invent your own items to find, but the actual winners will be determined via roll. If require ideas for scavenger hunt items, please look at the list below:

• A printed picture of an equine Pokemon
  • A novel by E. A. Sherman, renowned mystery novelist from Unova
  • A Lucario figurine
  • A painted Lucky Egg
  • Various berries
  • A Heal Ball
  • A model of the Lumiose Tower in Kalos
  • A mushroom that resembles Parasect
  • A mold of an Omanyte fossil
  • Various incenses
  • A pair of Black Glasses
  • Various poffins

Regardless of whether you win or not, you will be given 1X INCENSE for participating.

[img src="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msikma/pokesprite/master/items/incense/pure.png" title="1X INCENSE"][img src="https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/SPRITES/regular%20gacha%20sprite.png" title="1X GACHAPON TICKET" style="float:none;border:none;box-shadow:none"][/center]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES.

• only ONE of your characters can participate.
  • please roll a 1d100 to determine your score.
  • you may get as creative as you like with what your character does, but it will not affect your score.
  • all participants will be awarded with 1X INCENSE & 1X GACHAPON TICKET at the end.
  • your character may participate in the general masquerade scenario regardless of their score.
  • THIS EVENT TAKES PLACE BEFORE PRISMATIC PENITENTIARY.

DEADLINE

APRIL 30th, 11:59PM PST.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights