thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
rifts, plates, fishies
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2024 8:44:04 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","becketttheobg"]

[attr="class","becketttheotxt"]

[attr="class","becketttheoicon"]
"finally."

his exhale feels heavy as though one simple act would be enough to relieve him of the monumental pressure he has felt in the past months. it isn't, though he wasn't expecting it to.

instead, he reaches down to flip open a plastic bucket, revealing live worms squirming around. he pinches one, then sticks it through the hook of his fishing rod.

"this is long overdue, wouldn't you agree?"
[attr="class","underbossbecktag"]

[newclass=.becketttheobg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt]margin:-40px 105px -40px 135px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt a]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.underbossbecktag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheodice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheopkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheoart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
rifts, plates, fishies
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 14:32:34 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"yup!"

he casts his line alongside theo. the bobber floats atop the surface of the water, moved ever so slightly by the waves of teh raging waters near the sootopolis ocean.

there had been reports of kyogre being sighted nearby, but that's what the entire hoenn says, regardless of which part of the island they live in.

"the fishing spot near the crater's top tier," he points out, pertaining to the waters of the city, "but that place already got boring after a while. this is nice!"

hands grip the pole lightly, not wanting to let the fish know the rigidity of a fisher's hand.

"did you finally get the time off? i've been takin' mine a bit lately."

for a workaholic like priam, it was unheard of. on the other hand, it wasn't strange for people to change drastically in the most subtle manner after the incident with ting-lu and the dogs.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
rifts, plates, fishies
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 6:33:34 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

he heard the fishing spot near the crater didn't use to be top tier until after team rocket claimed the city. something about the lack of tourists likely helped the ecosystem recover. it's easy to spin it as a result of team rocket's presence, regardless.

"though i'm sure i've accrued over a hundred days i could take off, we're here today on business, priam."

not conrad like he would have called any other grunt, but that's just the thing— isn't like any other grunt. his tenure has been longer than most and yet he has chosen not to rise through the ranks, perhaps having been occupied with other priorities.

one of which will be brought up now.

"i would like your help with something."

[newclass=.becketttheobg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt]margin:-40px 105px -40px 135px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.underbossbecktag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheodice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheopkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheoart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
rifts, plates, fishies
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 6:45:24 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"heh, of course you come to me for help! i'm the best there is, i bet."

the smirk lines the confidence that borders comedic arrogance.

"so, what does mister conrad owe underboss becket now?"

he's always open for help, even if it suggested that this fishing trip they wanted was just a precursor for being recruited into something else entirely different.

priam gets familiar with theo due to how he was treated, but the hint of formality remains. at the end of the day, their dynamic is held up by their positions, though priam always had the chance to rise higher to close the gap.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
rifts, plates, fishies
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 6:51:04 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

the smirk that lines priam's features is exactly what he expected and wants. it's not enough to mirror one on his features, however; that stays stoic all the same.

"first, are you satisfied with where you are now?"

he asks, adjusting his grip on the fishing rod to one less taxing. he imagines they'll be here a while, as one would fishing.

"grunt conrad sounds slightly unbecoming of you."

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
rifts, plates, fishies
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 6:57:08 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he smiles. he smiles because he isn't sure how to react.

the default program runs in his head. the same persona he dons takes over and makes up an answer for him that doesn't directly reflect to his personal bias. all he needed was a lie, and that's what he is going to give.

"ah, mister theo, you don't seem to recognize my genius."

he huffs. the smug look makes him appear as he wants, tapping his temple with a finger while the other hand remains on his fishing rod.

"when weak, appear strong, and when strong, appear weak. wouldn't you say people will expect less from you when you're a grunt, and then get more excited than usual when you perform better than what is expected from a grunt?"

he accidentally lets go of his fishing rod when he makes a gesture with both of his hands, but scrambles back to get a grip on the equipment when he realizes.

"i could also be underboss if i wanted. i'm just givin' others their time under the spotlight 'cause i'm just that generous!"

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
rifts, plates, fishies
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 9:14:44 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

it's a similar reaction he's been given before when pushing the young grunt on the same topic months ago, so it doesn't surprise him. if anything, it only validates his suspicions.

"for a period of time, yes, but when you consistently outperform those expectations, naturally, people will come to expect more from you regardless of your rank. that period of time has long passed for you, priam. when i said unbecoming, i meant it as a slight."

his fishing line bobs on the water.

"you aren't lazy, are you?"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
rifts, plates, fishies
POSTED ON May 3, 2024 17:11:12 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
a slight...

he should take offense, but he doesn't feel the need to. in a way, theo's words held weight. priam knows the truth behind the actions, and with each word he spews, the more that can be seen behind the veil he had put up.

"a-are you saying i should take the promotion?"

he had been invited to be a beast around the same time as did. part of him knows that if he did take it, he'd be in constant comparison with the person who also accepted. it only took months for priam to be relieved he wasn't in that situation.

theo hammers in the fact that the excuse that he indulges himself with conflicts with the persona he's built up.

"do you really think i can do it?"

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
rifts, plates, fishies
POSTED ON May 4, 2024 11:03:17 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

"i'm saying you should stop being lazy."

as war looms on the horizon, the time for slacking off has come to an end, replaced by a sense of dread and urgency, reminiscent of how he had felt in kanto leading up to the start of the war.

they have to stack the odds in their favor; would be one of the many pieces that would help them.

"take the promotion, priam."

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
rifts, plates, fishies
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 3:45:19 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
being a rocket beast entails being a responsible and sometimes making decisions on his own on the fly. priam was never anything like that, nor did he plan to.

it goes against the agenda, to be painfully unnoticed while acting like it wasn't the plan; to blend in the background while flourishing in his own little niche.

he was going to be the underdog that rises up to the occasion whenever his presence was needed, but if he takes a fancy title, it all goes away and commitment was mandatory.

"well, if you say so."

he wants to say no, but he has done enough to put him into the spotlight. the persona doesn't work anymore, and this was the natural consequence of appearing competent in the eyes of rocket's bosses.

options have been closed now. he's being railroaded to a future he didn't plan for, but he supposed that this priam conrad never planned for anything in the first place.

"it's not really a big deal, y'know, but if you want me to stop pullin' back and let the others look good, i can do that!"

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
rifts, plates, fishies
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 9:14:54 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

"if the others need you to pull back to look good, then they were never good to begin with."

priam's acceptance was never in doubt considering it was never really an option to begin with even if it had been presented as such. choice, as most would have come to learn during their tenure in team rocket, is never given, it is earned.

"moving on, beast conrad."

he pats the boy on the shoulder before looking back out at the sea.

"you were close with fairburne, weren't you?"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
rifts, plates, fishies
POSTED ON May 7, 2024 17:34:52 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he flinches from either the sudden touch or the question presented to him.

"what makes you say that?"

he wishes that something bites from his rod to disrupt the questioning, but nothing ever does.

"we did hang out a bit after the mission where we blew up the tree at littleroot." the event happened long ago, much like katherine's involvement with rocket. "i guess she wasn't the type to just hang out with anybody, so i think you can say i am close with her compared to everyone else."

he was sure his few meetings with the benevolent have never been caught since she was one of the most careful people he knows. part of him wonders if theo actually has a gardevoir sent to tail over her the entire time.

priam remembers his days as an assistant of the league's head scientists. visits from katherine if ever she was doing her job as part of the league were known, and he supposed the mere fact that she didn't out him was enough to stir suspicions.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
rifts, plates, fishies
POSTED ON May 11, 2024 8:52:54 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

gardevoir or not, there is enough there in their history to stir suspicions, all theo has to do is tug on those strings and hope they unravel.

"then i'm sure you know more about her than those i've spoken to.

"i'm planning an expedition into the distortion world to seek out giratina. having to account for the slim possibility of her presence, i need to know everything i can about her.

"how did she come into contact with giratina in the first place?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights