twenty nine
january 22nd
cinnabar island, kanto
bisexual
war dog
grunt
5'3" height
5'3" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
5 posts
josie cain DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jo
josie cain
the black dog
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 3:00:19 GMT
josie cain Avatar
[attr="class","josie"]
[attr="class","josie b"]
[attr="class","josie i"]after a while, everything feels repetitive - endless training, stalking through the halls like a vengeful ghost, and a finger on the trigger yet it's never pulled.

she grows restless in the waiting period. this place is clean, untouched by blankets of ash and plumes of smoke billowing out from destroyed cities. she detests it.

where's the action? where's the glory?

her lips press into a firm line, unwilling to ask the next unanswered question, and she strikes at the training dummy once more with a bruised fist.

the door creaks, then, on worn, rusted hinges and she doesn't bother to pivot for the mirror on the far wall gives her company away.

"beckett."

familiar, kantoian... would he smell of brimstone and smoke if she gets close? or has he lost his luster?

"been a while, huh?"

[newclass=.josie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.josie b] color: #A48DB3; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.josie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A48DB3; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
the black dog
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 5:28:26 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","becketttheobg"]

[attr="class","becketttheotxt"]

[attr="class","becketttheoicon"]
"underboss beckett. or sir, if you prefer."

though he does not really care for such rigid formalities, it still needs to be established as things here are different than they were in kanto. reminded him of that the moment he arrived as a grunt.

but the faintest of smiles may give him away.

"indeed."

he nears her, gaze flicking between the training dummy and the grunt.

"were you sent here or did you request a transfer?"
[attr="class","underbossbecktag"]

[newclass=.becketttheobg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt]margin:-40px 105px -40px 135px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt a]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.underbossbecktag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheodice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheopkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheoart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

jo, jos
she/her
twenty nine
january 22nd
cinnabar island, kanto
bisexual
war dog
grunt
5'3" height
5'3" height
awards
5 posts
josie cain DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jo
josie cain
the black dog
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 6:21:03 GMT
josie cain Avatar
[attr="class","josie"]
[attr="class","josie b"]
[attr="class","josie i"]she has no preference, so she says nothing. instead, she flashes teeth.

the training dummy is left to nurse its wounds for a moment for her fists unfurl themselves and her body relaxes.

"requested, though not by me."

she didn't have much of a say - not entirely, anyway. loyalty runs deep, even in the most unruly of dogs.

" got me pulled from kanto, said something about war on the horizon?"

[newclass=.josie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.josie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A48DB3; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
the black dog
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 9:09:11 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

so she was sent here. though it isn't as though they'd have a choice regardless. should the underboss ever be requested to move regions, he'd have to oblige. they all serve team rocket, after all, and whatever directive comes their way must be for the betterment of the organization.

"ah, admin cross was wise to do so. yes, war nears."

more than nears; it awaits them, waiting to spill.

"how familiar are you with hoenn?"

[newclass=.becketttheobg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt]margin:-40px 105px -40px 135px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.underbossbecktag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheodice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheopkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheoart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

jo, jos
she/her
twenty nine
january 22nd
cinnabar island, kanto
bisexual
war dog
grunt
5'3" height
5'3" height
awards
5 posts
josie cain DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jo
josie cain
the black dog
POSTED ON May 10, 2024 3:50:45 GMT
josie cain Avatar
[attr="class","josie"]
[attr="class","josie b"]
[attr="class","josie i"]even without the confirmation, she could tell... hoenn has the same eerie sensation laid into the air as kanto did before they began the strikes. the tension is thick, nothing more than a spark away from an inferno.

"will we strike first?"

idly, she begins to crack her knuckles to release pent up ache from training.

"not familiar at all, really."

she prefers the brimstone of kanto to this heavy humidity, though she suspects that does little here.

"should i be?"

they asked for reinforcements, for additional fire power to their already restless ranks... but the travel guide for hoenn had been missing from the orders, not like she'd actually give it more than a passive glance.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
the black dog
POSTED ON May 11, 2024 10:15:22 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

"ideally."

but it's uncertain as of this moment which side will be the first to strike. history dictates that the aggressor will have the advantage, but after their failed invasion of johto, that could now prove the opposite.

her response causes a pinch to form in his brows.

"why aren't you?"

he pauses.

"did you not think to do so before stepping foot on the soil you'll be fighting to claim?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights