gunsmile

she / her
cerulean city, kanto
it's a mystery
personal assistant
civilian
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.
awards
70 posts
Sasha Huang DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sasha
Sasha Huang
JUST BAD LUCK [II]
POSTED ON May 3, 2024 1:15:01 GMT
Sasha Huang Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sasha1"]
[attr="class","body"]

Sasha didn't know how she ended up so unlucky. Deciding to enjoy an easy hike around the lower section of Mt. Chimney, she had set out with her Clefable. Unfortunately, partway on the trail, an unexpected sandstorm kicked up along the mountain, catching both off guard. [break][break]

"We need to head back!" the woman shouted at her Pokémon over the howl of the winds. Or she tried, getting her hair and a bunch of sand in her mouth. She promptly coughed and tried to spit it out. [break][break]

The pair turned and started retracing their steps to the start of the trail. Sasha kept her arms raised to shield her face from the sand, but the storm raged so ferociously that it was impossible to see through it.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".sasha1"]--accent:#ff8503;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 h1"]font:18px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 h2"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
if i could be as bold to say that, you make me a joy parade
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
JUST BAD LUCK [II]
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 2:30:39 GMT
saskia volosenkova Avatar
she has her go-goggles on and she's ready to tackle the world. except not at all. except not even close. kirin was accompanying her up the side of mt. chimney. they were supposed to be measuring the soot levels and weather changes of the surrounding area and it's only because of kirin's psychic inclination that she had the split second to scurry to the side of the rock face and avoid getting blasted off the side of the mountain.

"HOENN!" she shouts into the wind. "can't you chill for like, FIVE MINUTES?" but her howls are to no one and nothing. 

saskia draws her jacket tighter around herself, tucking her hands into her hood to bring it over her face. so it must be a startling sight to sasha when the ranger emerges from the sandstorm, bright red goggles like a mothman's eyes and a large horned beast at her side.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

she / her
cerulean city, kanto
it's a mystery
personal assistant
civilian
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.
awards
70 posts
Sasha Huang DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sasha
Sasha Huang
JUST BAD LUCK [II]
POSTED ON May 7, 2024 0:05:39 GMT
Sasha Huang Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sasha1"]
[attr="class","body"]

Indeed, Sasha screamed in shock and fear as a hooded figure emerged seemingly from thin air. Huge red eyes stared out at her, while some kind of horned beast loomed at its side. Her cry immediately turned into sputtering, however, as the wind whipped more sand into her mouth. [break][break]

"Stay back!" she warned, though her voice wavered with uncertainty. "My Pokémon knows how to fight!" [break][break]

Truth be told, Sasha was still working with Clefable to turn her into a decent fighter. The Fairy-type hadn't had much practice yet. To her credit, however, she stepped valiantly in front of her trainer to defend her from the stranger. [break][break]

But would she succeed with such limited visibility and cutting sands?

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".sasha1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 h1"]font:18px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 h2"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sasha1 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
JUST BAD LUCK [II]
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 4:00:46 GMT
saskia can't see kirin's fur fluffing up, nor can she see it almost immediately relax when she reaches probing thoughts out to get a sense of their supposed adversary in the sandstream. some sembleance of familiarity graces her conscious and she tucks her head to push against saskia's back.

the ranger tips forward and trips into the intrepid adventurer, recognizing her as her arms come around her with an oof

"oh sasha HIIII!!!! what are you doing up here?" she shouts, though much of her voice is stolen by the wind. 
close tab

played by

gunsmile

she / her
cerulean city, kanto
it's a mystery
personal assistant
civilian
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
awards
70 posts
Sasha Huang DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sasha
Sasha Huang
JUST BAD LUCK [II]
POSTED ON May 14, 2024 12:17:28 GMT
Sasha Huang Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sasha1"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Saskia?!" Sasha exclaimed, her body tensing as the younger woman stumbled into her, even as she recognized the "stranger's" voice. Before she could say anything else, however, the storm winds blew even harder, forcing her to duck her head and brace against it. [break][break]

We need to get to shelter, Sasha thought, her big sister instinct kicking in. Wrapping an arm around Saskia's shoulders, Sasha turned their backs to the wind and started to pick a route down the volcano. [break][break]

Eventually, they reached a small cave just big enough to fit the two women and their Pokémon. Relieved to be out of harm's way, the blonde woman set about brushing sand out of her clothes and wiping her eyes. She took a swig from her water bottle, then handed it to the brunette. [break][break]

"So what are you doing out here, Saskia?" Sasha asked. Frankly, it was a question she could have asked herself.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
JUST BAD LUCK [II]
POSTED ON May 16, 2024 2:22:27 GMT

sasha baby birds her, as per usual, and she's reminded with a brief stutter of why they hadn't talked in a very long time. she swallows some of the embarrassment that threatens to rear its ugly head and is thankful for the storm - it hides her struggling smile. 

she's fine, though, by the time they find a pocket of nowhere. kirin's big booty struggles to fit so saskia ends up recalling her. she plops down at an angle where the sand won't hit her as it brushes past and tugs off her go-goggles. 

"oh, i've never been in a sandstorm before," she says, "so i wanted to try it." as though that were the simplest thing in the world. 

she fishes some sand out of one ear and grimaces.

"wait, why're you out here?"
close tab

played by

gunsmile

she / her
cerulean city, kanto
it's a mystery
personal assistant
civilian
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
awards
70 posts
Sasha Huang DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sasha
Sasha Huang
JUST BAD LUCK [II]
POSTED ON May 16, 2024 18:43:05 GMT
Sasha Huang Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sasha1"]
[attr="class","body"]

Sasha stared at Saskia, perplexed. "Wait, you wanted to get caught in one?" she asked. [break][break]

Then again, the younger woman had always struggled to conform to quiet office life during her stint as an intern. Was it any wonder she preferred an outdoor adventure? [break][break]

"I'm here because I was taking a walk when it was a clear, sunny day," Sasha explained, leaning against Clefable for the reassurance of something warm and solid against her side. She fell silent for the briefest moment before admitting, "And, you know, I'd heard what happened here." [break][break]

The incident at the peak, she meant. The reason for the Top Champion's disappearance.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
JUST BAD LUCK [II]
POSTED ON May 18, 2024 17:05:05 GMT

"yeah! gotta be prepared for anything these days, y'know?" her family's lucky the cabin hadn't been swallowed up by the icelands, but the thought still haunts her. the environment's been on the fritz for years now. there's no telling what the future brings. 

all they can do is prepare for it!

"oh yeah, it sucks. they've had us working down to the bone with all the crazy it brought. i mean, not that i'm complaining that he died and we gotta work, just - well, you know." she plops down and rolls some of the sand between her fingers. 

"are you keeping busy? you look good! super sandy and windblown, but good."
close tab

played by

gunsmile

she / her
cerulean city, kanto
it's a mystery
personal assistant
civilian
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
awards
70 posts
Sasha Huang DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sasha
Sasha Huang
JUST BAD LUCK [II]
POSTED ON May 20, 2024 1:24:11 GMT
Sasha Huang Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sasha1"]
[attr="class","body"]

Sasha sat on the ground next to Saskia, still absently brushing away the last of the sand from her clothes. "I'm keeping busy enough," the older woman said. "I got a new job recently as a secretary. My boss is a big banking CEO. EvoEx. Have you heard of it?" [break][break]

They recently opened up branches in Hoenn, taking over the remnants of what had been POG Bank. [break][break]

"I heard you had gone to live with your relatives in Sinnoh, but it's nice to see you back in Hoenn," Sasha remarked with a warm smile—one that faltered as thoughts lingered on the circumstance of their reunion. [break][break]

"I don't think you're complaining. Things just… happen, sometimes, and we are left to pick up the pieces."

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
JUST BAD LUCK [II]
POSTED ON May 24, 2024 21:56:14 GMT

she could tell you all about the different types of lichen dotting the fringes of this sudden desert landscape, but any CEO or big bank or anything with a shortened abbreviation that screams money escapes her. she stares blankly and shakes her head.

"that's cool though. movin' up in the world!" she says. days pass in a blink of an eye, years even. she's still at the same ranger station. 

it's what i wanted. want. right?

that doesn't make it all the easier to acknowledge she's still not as put together as the girl - woman - beside her. 

"yeah, i guess," she says and drapes her arms over her legs, propping her chin. "the bubble went up and i thought i was gonna go crazy. had to come as soon as it went down. have you stayed here this whole time? in hoenn?"
close tab

played by

gunsmile

she / her
cerulean city, kanto
it's a mystery
personal assistant
civilian
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
awards
70 posts
Sasha Huang DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sasha
Sasha Huang
JUST BAD LUCK [II]
POSTED ON May 24, 2024 22:35:14 GMT
Sasha Huang Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sasha1"]
[attr="class","body"]

As soon as Sasha saw the blank look in Saskia's eye, she knew she shouldn't have asked. Saskia had barely gotten through her internship when the two worked together at Sasha's old workplace. [break][break]

Instead of commenting on it, however, the blonde focused on answering the brunette's question. "I did. I don't have anywhere else to go," she said. Then, after a short hesitation, she added, "Well, that's not true. I could go anywhere, just like you did. But I've grown used to Hoenn." [break][break]

She shrugged. [break][break]

"It would take considerable effort to uproot myself and get used to a different place. I'm not as adventurous as you are." [break][break]

That last part she said with a smile flashed Saskia's way. Sasha held absolutely zero animosity for the younger woman or her lifestyle; she was content with the slow life she had cultivated for herself.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
JUST BAD LUCK [II]
POSTED ON May 26, 2024 1:13:39 GMT

she opens her mouth to object, but sasha beats her to it anyway. in a couple of different directions, actually, which makes sasky think. it makes her feel kind of warm too, and it brings a smile. 

i'm more adventurous?

she supposes that's true. there's not a whole lot she wouldn't do, short of jumping into the waiting jaws of death itself. sinnoh had been an incredible time, but she's always wondered after other places - alola, especially, with its biodiversity. 

but hoenn needs her. her family needs her. 

"gotta love hoenn," she says with a toothy smile, "random sandstorms, cataclysms, and all. anyway, i'm glad you're here. you were always nice to me, even when i messed up the paperwork."
close tab

played by

gunsmile

she / her
cerulean city, kanto
it's a mystery
personal assistant
civilian
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
awards
70 posts
Sasha Huang DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sasha
Sasha Huang
JUST BAD LUCK [II]
POSTED ON May 26, 2024 1:40:47 GMT
Sasha Huang Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sasha1"]
[attr="class","body"]

"I'm glad you're here, too, though I wish we could have reunited under less sandy circumstances," Sasha agreed, her body flushing with the warmth of friendship. [break][break]

At the mouth of the cave, Clefable chirped, gesturing outside. Curious, Sasha stood and walked over, pleased and surprised to find that the sandstorm had abated. A relieved smile spread across her face. [break][break]

"Saskia, it stopped! We can leave." Sasha stepped onto the sand-covered, raising a hand to shield her eyes from the glaring sun.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
JUST BAD LUCK [II]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 21:43:18 GMT

it makes her feel warm to know she's been missed too. life is crazy and it's hard to keep in touch with friends, especially friends you didn't really know you were friends with. she misses so many people. 

people like , who seem so far away from her now. 

"aw," she says as she helps herself out of their little hidey hole. a fresh blanket of sand covers the entirety of mt. chimney, which can't possibly be good for all the flora up here. "ughhhh," she groans. "i'm gonna have to write a reportttt about this."

more paperwork.

"anyway, it really was nice! we should go get coffee sometime! or go to the beach, where sand is supposed to be."
close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,486 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
JUST BAD LUCK [II]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 23:50:32 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven