Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
Do I lift? Yeah, brah, I lift your spirits!
awards
341 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
Preservation [II]
POSTED ON May 23, 2024 13:52:33 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beauf4"]
[attr="class","post"]

It had been a long few days of work, smelting metal and moving supplies and crossing paths with a number of people Beau had only heard of, or hadn't, in some cases. The little dive he'd chosen to spend the evening at wasn't far from the warehouse, and while a sizeable array of sushi and a few ice-cold beers were normally the ticket to a relaxing end to his day, he wasn't feeling especially mirthful.
[break][break]
The air had been thick with (mostly) unspoken tension, and while Beau was normally inclined to wear a pervasive smile and otherwise operate by the seat of his pants as problems came up, he couldn't help but turn introspective. They said war was coming, that the conflict between the League and Rocket was nearing a head. So far, Beau had managed to avoid too much direct conflict with the terrorist organization, instead settling for keeping the natural and unnatural hazards of Dewford tamped down as best as he could, and undertaking Ranger missions to do his best to keep the pokemon, ecosystems, and civilians of Hoenn safe where he could.
[break][break]
Now, though, it looked like he'd have to properly make a choice. "No getting out of this, brah, huh?" he inquired of his drinking partner, glancing to with a searching look. "What do you make of this whole situation?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.beauf4]--accent:#5088b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.beauf4]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .post b"]font-size:12px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
eyes of an angel
lay me down
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
we still believe in love, so fuck you!
awards
713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Preservation [II]
POSTED ON May 23, 2024 15:03:09 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","pilotsb eddietemptest"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","topimage1"]

[attr="class","subtextbox"]
[attr="class","lyrics"]
smile like you mean it

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

[attr="class","imgavatar"]

He had to keep busy. He had to stay busy. [break][break]

It wasn't enough to just run around wherever the League needed him, prepping for a brewing conflict like a storm on the horizon. Eddie had to keep moving; couldn't stop, wouldn't stop, or else the hours of sleep he had started replacing with black coffee and stale cigarettes were going to catch up to him. So when the call was put out for volunteers to help with the labor of maintaining and constructing railways, Eddie jumped at the chance to do his part, even if it turned out that Blanche did not make for the best companion for such dire work. [break][break]

Beau did, though. Eddie hadn't even realized they were on the job together until near the end of the first day, as consumed as he was with the lifting and moving and welding. The company was good, easy and affable as they sat together with their drinks, but keeping up a front of easy mirth had begun to grow taxing. He couldn't let Beau know that he was running himself ragged, though. Couldn't let him know that he still had nightmares of being bound by toxic chains and smothered behind a mask. [break][break]

So Eddie didn't. He just took a long drink from his ice-cold beer and sighed, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, [break][break]

“Dunno,” he answered noncommittally, staring into his drink as if the answer would emerge from somewhere between the little bubbles at the bottom of his glass, [break][break]

“No clue how this whole shitshow is gonna shake out. Just know that we can't let the bad guys win, right?” [break][break]

Eddie leaned back, finally turning to face his friend with a tired smile, [break][break]

“What d'you think? Yer a local, right? I've only been in Hoenn a few months, so I don't think my own take counts for much.”

[attr="class","oocnotes"]
[break]
mission

[attr="class","pbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".eddietemptest"]--accent: #d4a53c!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]--bg: #222; --accent: #d4a53c; --url:url(https://i.imgur.com/PhdKZzU.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb b"]font: 500 12px/13px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb b"]font: 500 12px/13px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .topimage1"]height: 125px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .top"]background-color: #81697A; background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-27px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .lyrics"]font:11px/12px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .postbox"]font: 10px/13px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:0.2px; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 25px 30px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 40px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .pbottom"]min-height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 80px; width: 80px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes"]text-align:center; padding:15px 0px; color:#555; font:12px/14px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 16px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam img { margin-top:-12px; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span { filter:grayscale(1); transition:0.5s all; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 55px;[/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.2s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
341 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
Preservation [II]
POSTED ON May 23, 2024 15:30:30 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beauf4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Beau offered a soft laugh in response, but it was empty, and didn't even make it to his eyes. "Yeah, I guess," he grunted amiably, snatching a piece of sashimi. "Can't let the bad guys win, but these are bad guys, brah."
[break][break]
It was just too bleak. He'd made not only a career but a life out of being able to see the silver lining, but there was no ray of sunshine parting the clouds on the horizon. "They, uh," he began slowly, "They don't care about pokemon or about people, not when it comes to what they want. If they do to us what they did to Kanto, that's all she wrote, we're done."
[break][break]
He took a long swig of his beer, grimacing. "I'd say they didn't have a chance, but they own Sootopolis already, an' what can the League do about that? Nothin', I guess. Navy said there was even a skirmish out by Dewford at one point, so 's not like anywhere's safe. We got the deck stacked against us."
[break][break]
The morose train of thought wasn't doing him any favors, and he found his mind wandering to the RKS Simulation from months past, where he'd gotten a taste of what the other side was like. His beer threatened to come back up as he considered it; did he feel like he had anything to worry about, with the power of a totalitarian force behind him? No, but he couldn't achieve that at the expense of propagating others' fear.
[break][break]
"Fuck 'em," he spat, his bottle landing on the table with more force than necessary. "They don't get to have us too. What about you?" he glanced back up at his friend. "You gonna fight? You think we have a shot?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.beauf4]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
eyes of an angel
lay me down
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Preservation [II]
POSTED ON May 23, 2024 15:58:52 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
smile like you mean it

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

Bad guys or bad guys didn't make a bit of difference to Eddie. He was familiar with the lengths Rocket would go to for the sake of conquest and the state of ruin they had left Kanto in. Why anyone would want to enact such violence and bloodshed was beyond him, outside of the ultra-specific context of paying it back to the oppressive bastards who wanted to mete it out in the first place, [break][break]

“Yep, done an' dusted. Which is why we gotta put up a fight.” [break][break]

A metaphorical 'we' in this case, because the idea of Beau putting himself in the line of fire filled the older man with dread. Eddie, on the other hand, was about as expendable as one could get, so his reply came easily even as he felt himself involuntarily wince at the sound of the slamming bottle, [break][break]

“Course I am.” [break][break]

Besides, what the hell was he supposed to do, run back to Cascarrafa with his tail between his legs? [break][break]

“An' hell, I dunno 'bout the odds, but that ain't stoppin' me. Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't, far as I figure. Besides, if I'm gonna go down, I'd rather go down swingin'.” [break][break]

It was simple and easy, but Eddie realized that maybe Beau didn't see it that way. The poor kid looked about as tired as Eddie felt; the older man leaned in and gave him a light nudge with his elbow, [break][break]

“You been thinkin' about this a lot, huh?”

[break]
mission

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[newclass=".pilotsb"]--bg: #222; --accent: #d4a53c; --url:url(https://i.imgur.com/PhdKZzU.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .topimage1"]height: 125px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .top"]background-color: #81697A; background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-27px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .lyrics"]font:11px/12px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .postbox"]font: 10px/13px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:0.2px; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 25px 30px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 40px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .pbottom"]min-height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 80px; width: 80px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes"]text-align:center; padding:15px 0px; color:#555; font:12px/14px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 16px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam img { margin-top:-12px; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span { filter:grayscale(1); transition:0.5s all; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 55px;[/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.2s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
341 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
Preservation [II]
POSTED ON May 23, 2024 16:12:54 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beauf4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Beau's solemn features at the other man's assessment of the situation gave way to a nervous smile as Eddie nudged him. He reached up to rub the back of his head out of habit, giving a little shrug. "I mean, yeah, yeah I have," he replied. "I miss surfing. I miss runnin' my little gym in Slateport, used to be all I had to worry about was orderin' enough protein powder an' makin' sure I could make rent, y'know?"
[break][break]
He sighed, deflating in his seat a little. "Now I worry about gettin' lifted off into the afterlife or eaten by rock monsters where the League is sendin' us, or Rocket decidin' they've had enough one day and just nuking the whole region, city by city. One o' those assholes has that huge light-eating demon-lookin' thing, and that's just one of them."
[break][break]
He rubbed his eyes tiredly, and his smile was more rueful. "They got weapons. We got weapons. It's not gonna be pretty on either side, feel me? I could go back home and pretend nothin's happening, but I'm not gonna stand by and let people say I didn't do anything. The hell do you do against stuff like that, though, y'know?"
[break][break]
He finished his beer off in a few gulps, setting the bottle back down and signaling for another. "You gotta get stronger," he answered himself. "We gotta get stronger, 'cuz I gotta tell you, Eddie," he leaned in, conspiratorial. "If I'm gettin' through my shit to stand up to 'em, an' you're ready to fight, I ain't letting you go down."
[break][break]
He was stern, probably the most serious he'd been in two years. "We fight. We win. We make sure people's kids don't ever deal with what we're having to deal with. You get me?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
eyes of an angel
lay me down
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Preservation [II]
POSTED ON May 23, 2024 17:30:56 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
smile like you mean it

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

Ah, that made sense, Eddie thought as he took another long drink. Beau was about a decade younger than him; he had a whole life ahead of him, and a past already full of his own little accomplishments. And what did Eddie have? Jack shit, that was what. It was a damn shame that a kid like Beau was getting wrapped up in all of this, too. He deserved an easier go of it than this, [break][break]

“I get you,” he replied with a solemn nod before he polished off his own drink and mirrored Beau in requesting another. [break][break]

He frowned suddenly as he considered something, and Eddie looked down to stare at the wood grain of the bar, because this suddenly felt a little too real to say to his friend's face, [break][break]

“We're both gonna get stronger, yeah. But-” [break][break]

He paused and swallowed thickly. Eddie suddenly felt the itch for a cigarette, [break][break]

“You don't gotta worry 'bout me.” [break][break]

Which, in truth, meant “you shouldn't worry about me”. Eddie had already been enough of a liability to his friend back in that Arceus-forsaken prison they had been trapped in. At least now with some distance and space, he could make sure Beau didn't go sticking his neck out for someone like him. Someone who wasn't strong enough to put up a real fight against his captors. Someone whose stupid, thick-headed brain almost got one of his own Pokemon killed. [break][break]

Eddie exhaled sharply through his nose and tried to regain some of his quickly eroding composure, [break][break]

“There's always some new type'a disaster on the horizon, ain't there? People keep livin' though, no matter what kinda heinous shit comes down the pipe. We just gotta keep doin' the same. Between that an' whatever we do ta fight back, I think that's about the biggest 'fuck you' we can give ta those Rocket bastards.” [break][break]

And that kind of belligerent optimism kept Eddie from descending into fear. Defiance and cavalier bravado made the reality of the situation a much easier pill to swallow.

[break]
mission

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
341 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
Preservation [II]
POSTED ON May 24, 2024 13:37:21 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beauf4"]
[attr="class","post"]

'Perceptive' was never the first adjective to be applied to Beau - nor the second, or fiftieth, really - but even he cast a long, searching look at his friend when Eddie's gaze dropped down. "Yeah, alright," he allowed, as the bartender took his empty and replaced it with a fresh, cold bottle. That was it, then - he'd just have to make sure that while he made it through, and , and , and , that Eddie would be with them. That when everything was said and done, they could go back to normal, everyday problems.
[break][break]
He thumped Eddie on the back good-naturedly before reaching to inaugurate his new beer, crisp and refreshing compared to the lukewarm flatness of the previous dregs. "No, you're right. We can't - I can't - let this get us down. It's gonna happen anyway, an' curlin' up ain't gonna help anybody."
[break][break]
He toyed with his bottle, leaning his chin on his fist and observing the swirling liquid. "We do this thing, we're gonna win. Gonna show them that scare tactics ain't gonna get 'em far." He raised his eyebrows, possibly a little too relaxed, by this point, and glanced at his drinking partner. "So let's make it to the other side of this thing, yeah? The Rangers have been pickin' up steam, it's upside-down out there compared to what we're used to. What about you? Where you stationed these days, what do they have you doin'?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
eyes of an angel
lay me down
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Preservation [II]
POSTED ON May 24, 2024 14:05:01 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
smile like you mean it

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

A friendly pat on the back and a new glass of brew was enough for Eddie to get his head back on straight, at least for now, [break][break]

“Amen ta that,” Eddie replied, finally turning back to Beau with a lopsided smile. [break][break]

He raised his glass in a mock toast, tapping it against the side of Beau's glass bottle, and relished the clinking sound of camaraderie that echoed through the noisy din that surrounded them, [break][break]

“An' hell, I'll bet, 'tween whatever the hell Rocket's usin' some of those poor critters for, and some of the wild one's that've prob'bly gotten riled up here lately.” [break][break]

It was after the next drink that he became acutely aware of the warm buzz of impending intoxication, and the fact that he was already halfway through his third pint. Eddie realized that he should probably slow down before it all started to catch up with him. He leaned forward against the bar, bracing himself on his forearms, [break][break]

“Got us all over the damn place,” he replied nonchalantly, “Runnin' drills, helpin' with some of the fallout of that whole Mt. Chimney business, shit like that. Seems like shit keeps croppin' up all over.” [break][break]

A thought suddenly occurred to Eddie, and he couldn't stop the short snort of laughter that followed, [break][break]

“If I find myself in Dewford, I'll hafta try and sneak away and find ya. You still owe me surfing lessons.” [break][break]

Though at this point, Eddie wouldn't have blamed Beau if he never wanted to follow through on the plans they made huddled together on that flimsy cot. Maybe he shouldn't have brought it up at all; Eddie reached over to snag a piece of sashimi for himself, because at least he couldn't say anything else stupid past a mouthful of raw fish.

[break]
mission

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
341 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
Preservation [II]
POSTED ON May 24, 2024 17:36:01 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beauf4"]
[attr="class","post"]

"I get that," Beau commiserated, tapping his bottle amiably against Eddie's mug before joining the man in another drink. "No rest for the weary. What do they say? 'I'll sleep when I'm dead'?"
[break][break]
He gave a tired, rueful little chuckle, then managed to perk up at Eddie's mention of Dewford, expression brightening. This, he could talk about. "Oh, hell yeah, brah, I'm not lettin' you get out of that one!" he grinned. "We c'n bring Chaos down with us, maybe a cooler, some burgers..."
[break][break]
He trailed off momentarily, brow furrowed in thought as he considered the logistics of an afternoon of shirking doom and gloom for whitecaps and sun. "You've got my number, brah, hit me up and I'll show you a good time!" A little levity, something to look forward to, was enough to lift his spirits and get him backed up, at least a step or two, from the yawning dread that their conversation had had him circling.
[break][break]
He nudged Eddie playfully with his shoulder, offering a sly wink. "We c'n call it training, maybe you can block off some time for it. Poke our heads in a cave, make sure nothin's coming down around us, that's us doing our job, yeah?" Okay, maybe he needed this a little more than he thought he did. "Then we can go back to buffing up and showin' these Rocket assholes what they're dealin' with."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
eyes of an angel
lay me down
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Preservation [II]
POSTED ON May 25, 2024 9:27:19 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
smile like you mean it

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

Eddie was no longer sure if the comfortable warmth bleeding into his veins was from the beer anymore. He grinned and suddenly felt lighter than he had all week, [break][break]

“Yessir,” Eddie beamed, “Burgers an' hot dogs an' whatever yer little buddy wants ta eat.” [break][break]

Maybe things weren't so dire after all. In the end, there were still beaches to rest upon, warm rays of sunshine to soak up, and good company to spend it all with. That was one thing that Rocket and the Meglopolans and whoever else could never take from them, [break][break]

“Trainin', sure; we'd be doin' some extremely important recon, makin' sure the shoreline's clear an' all'a that,” he teased with a waggle of the eyebrows, “Those poor bastards'll never see us comin'.” [break][break]

And then it would be back to work, on the aimless grind of eking out whatever advantage he could over the forces that would work to see this world undone. Necessary, painful work, overshadowed by the looming fear that Eddie would still never be strong enough to rise to the occasion, to do something that mattered when it mattered. [break][break]

But before that, they could rest. They could enjoy each other's company, and Eddie could remind himself of just who and what he was doing this all for. [break][break]

The thought lingered as the evening slipped away from him and after the two bros parted. As the cool night air filled his lungs, Eddie walked back to his lodgings, and resolved himself to finally make that promised day at the beach happen.

[break]
mission

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,467 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Preservation [II]
POSTED ON May 25, 2024 23:46:53 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven