Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,436 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
closer than a friend, feed on your calamity
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 18:23:19 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
With the brief grinding of gears over and broken glass now swept up, they can turn to other matters of import.

“Well, that’s fucking shit, isn’t it?” she snorts, considering all the saccharine bottles for a moment before shrugging and beginning to dump glugs from each into a draft glass. “Here, here’s more fucking trauma for you. Trauma you can’t even fucking deal with because there’s gonna be more right behind it and you have to save the goddamn world.” It’s a bitingly sweet concoction with the consistency of lava lamp goo that burns on the way down but doesn’t even taste like alcohol anymore. “Why can’t the world just go save it’s own goddamn self,” she says, around a wince and a cough.

She listens to Freya talk and considers, briefly, perhaps, the merits of mercy in a time like this. But there is little of it, in her, and maybe that’s been the difference between her and Freya-- between her and a lot of people, really, throughout her life-- is that she’s always been a little bit off the mark, a little bit wrong in the head, a little bit empty where she should be full-- or full of the wrong things.

“Whoop-de-doo. When we get there and start doing interdimensional war crimes on other civilizations for no goddamn reason other than it gets us hot to go, I’ll make sure to travel back in time and smack myself in the face for this.”

The technicalities do not matter. This is not a blueprint. This is not detail work. They hurt someone important to her and so now it is time to hurt them back.

“So are they, like, up in this ship? Right now? Just chillin’, killin’?” She takes another deep pull of her horrible potion and rasps, “Goddamn besties with every fucking legendary on the fucking roster and we can’t even make it to outer space.” She drums fingers along the kitchen peninsula, thinking. "I wonder if I could take the metalloid I made for Lyune's wing and... make it stable enough for space travel..." she's sketching in the condensation on the marble without even realizing. "Can't be that hard..."

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 6:19:49 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

freya has never seen ana this incensed. sure, she has her moments - who doesn't, with the state of the world as it is? but she's always been a force of positivity, mind bright with the desire to learn and create. and it hurts, because ana's not the first person to get upset like this, to express these sentiments like this. 

she almost lost king because she refused to shrug any of her burdens, to let him in and take some of the weight. as much as it pains her, she refuses to do the same here. her fingers pinch a lock of hair and freya tucks it behind ana's hear, hoping to pull her attention.

"i wish it could save itself, but it can't. and there are people i care about on this crummy plane, so i'm going to keep fighting, and i know you want to fight too. so when the time comes, i'll tell you."

a halfhearted smile - "but maybe no interdimensional war crimes while you're with me, okay?"

a woman marred by her hand, stricken and stripped of the sygna suit that did not belong to her. nearly unintelligible babble of 'we just wanted to go home, we just wanted to go home.' war and rot and ruin.

she swallows another sip of whiskey. "they're back in their city. supposedly rebuilding. we can't get there anymore, not without palkia's help, and i've no intent of returning anytime soon."

her brows arch and she asks slowly, "what do you mean 'for lyune's wing?'"
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,436 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 15:43:28 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
That’s her secret, cap. She’s always angry. She’s always so full of rage, boiling just below the surface, a wicked surprise for any who want to dip their toes, stomach fuming with sharp teeth.

Freya’s gentle touch gets her attention, like a carnivore attracted to motion. Or a Hanzo main.

“No interdimensional war crimes,” she says, with emphasis.

She slugs her drink, and the gasp that escapes her turns into, “Okay! Great! Why don’t they just stay in their freakin’ city!” Her hands go up and she’s about to go off on another tirade, but then remembers--

“Oh, yeah. I had this whole brainblast over a ketamine microdrip and a bird Pokemon documentary.” She hooks a thumb over her shoulder and grins. “It’s sitting in my basement next to the robotic eyes and motorcycles.” Her grin falters. Her shoulder servos whirr as she shifts. “That… was supposed to be funny. But I’ve forgotten what the joke is.” She leans over to Kanaya, who has been putting away booze bottles. “Can you make a note to trim that bit out next time?”

The Gardevoir nods.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 16:38:18 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

with ana consequently imbibing more and more liquor, freya decides she's going to be the responsible friend. she nurses her own whiskey, smirking amusedly when she jeers that the megalopolans ought to just stay in their own city. they will. they want to rebuild. they want to recover. they don't have the resources to launch an attack on hoenn.

not yet, anyway.

her gaze follows ana's thumb to the garage door and that smile on her face dies into an awkward frown. she takes another sip. 

"oh. you made him a new wing? i - well, i didn't have time to tell you before i was...he's healed. healed him." he can fly without a brace now. he can fly unencumbered by anything now. he can fly as he was meant to, with his own muscle and sinew and the dragon fire in his belly. 
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,436 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 16:53:02 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
She starts to head towards her basement door and then stops as Freya explains Lyune is healed. She blinks owlishly, trying to put a face to a name.

“The-- the dorky straight edge bug kid?” she asks, vaguely recalling their tussle during the Vital City Tournament. “He’s got… magic powers?”

She shakes her head like an etch-a-sketch, snapping hands turning into finger guns.

That’s the joke! It’s sitting next to all the things that I made too late to be of any fucking use to anybody!” Her laugh is sarcastic and dry, but her smile mildly genuine. “I just had a feeling. Cause that's how things trend. Yeah, Kanaya that bit’s gotta go, ASAP rocky.”

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 18:01:55 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"has for a while," she says through a pained smile, but ana's already shaken the sands loose. it makes sense, she tells herself, that she wouldn't know. she startles at the snap, looks away from ana, out of words. 

i didn't know. i didn't know you'd do that for me. i didn't know you'd do that for us.

instead, she says, trying to salvage it: "he can fly now. he can make me fly now. could you - could you use them on my sygna suit?"
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,436 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 18:18:44 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
She holds up her hands in a placating gesture.

“Don’t get me wrong. I think it’s great! I’m very happy for you.” She points at her head, tapping her temple. “There’s just some ugly thing deep inside there gumming up the gears. I’ll take care of it soon, no worries.”

She leans against the doorframe, thinking.

“It would need to be… smaller. Right now it’s Hydreigon sized. I think that might be too much for a human frame. Aaaand I’d have to do some research into… how to… wire nerves…” she’s drifting off because she’s thinking, imagining tracked bundles of wires pulsing with energy. “So far all of my research has been into stuff that’s pretty permanent. I’d have to figure out a way to turn it on and off. But, yeah. Can’t be any harder than an arm and a leg, really, because what are wings but bird arms?”

She smooths at the skin of her upper arm, coming back to her drink.

"Sorry. I'm really, really happy for you. I'm glad Lyune is better. Sometimes I just... well."

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 18:51:19 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

i'll take care of it soon. 

and she'll be there; she has to be there, if she's the reason something is surfacing like this in the first place. and for other reasons; too many to count now. but blurting out i love you too isn't something she's capable of doing and anyway, it would be awkward timing, wouldn't it?

"have you worked with sygna suits at all yet?" she asks. "lyune and i can let you run some tests." what am i saying right now?
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,436 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 18:55:37 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
“Naw, just in my dreams.” She spreads her hands wide in a rainbow arc, grinning. “My imaginaaaaaation.”

One finger pops up scoldingly as she finishes her disgusting beverage, belching quietly into the curve of one elbow.

“I don’t run tests on friends!” she insists. “But a picture would be nice. So I can know where to start.”

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 19:02:48 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"i'll meet you halfway," she says. the cape housing her sygna suit is rolled and tucked onto lyune's saddle. she hadn't worn it while they were crossing the beach earlier in some failed attempt to relax and pull her out of her fight-or-flight response. 

"hell, you already worked on alex's arrows and my quiver. they work like a dream. i'll give you the suit for a few days to play around with it." not that it'll flood with life, attuned as it is to lyune and aeris and freya herself, but it'll at least give her a chance to look at the way it channels infinity energy.

"and just hope i don't need it while you do that," she jokes. 
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,436 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 19:12:05 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
She smiles, something gentle and loving and full, face flushed with alcohol and elbows leaning on her kitchen countertop.

“Let’s hope so. Wanna watch a movie or something?”

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,486 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2024 3:26:47 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven