awards
2,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Absolutely Nothing! [M]
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 16:17:42 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
War was coming. So had warned her prior to her abduction, and even during her absence, Andrea's well-trained dragons had kept a vigilant eye over her hometown's borders for any signs of an invader.

Her body was still recovering from the countless abuses sustained in that hellish penitentiary, but there was hardly time to rest. She needed to fulfill her promise to to de-escalate the faction conflict. As a civilian, her voice could never reach the Elite Four or the Council, but there was someone who would listen. He always was a good listener.

It was time to reach out to Rocket's underboss in that burner phone he had given her all those months ago.

"I wanna talk about what happened recently... and what's gonna happen. Meet me at the Fallarbor Gym."

And so, the draconic cosplayer waited at the rendezvous point with her loyal Hydreigon on standby.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,718 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Absolutely Nothing! [M]
POSTED ON May 31, 2024 16:30:25 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","becketttheobg"]

[attr="class","becketttheotxt"]

[attr="class","becketttheoicon"]
the underboss would normally stick out in such a public setting; meeting at a league-affiliated gym is unprecedented, its risks paramount; but their compromise allows him to blend in better with the almost purple-like hues of dusk as it descends upon fallarbor.

a soft layer of soot has long gathered upon his shoulders as he approaches her.

"andrea."

seemingly unarmed and definitely unaccompanied, he warily glances at her hydreigon before looking back at her.

"business or pleasure?"
[attr="class","underbossbecktag"]

[newclass=.becketttheobg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt]margin:-40px 105px -40px 135px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt a]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.underbossbecktag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheodice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheopkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheoart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
2,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Absolutely Nothing! [M]
POSTED ON May 31, 2024 17:09:40 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Business, I guess." Answered the young woman. Her Hydreigon kept an eye on Theo, but it did not act hostile towards him. The multi-headed drake was familiar with his scent by that point.

"You were in that Megalopolan prison too, weren't you?" The dragon-costumed girl wasted no time with her questioning. "There was so much stuff going on, I could barely keep up, but I'm pretty sure I saw you at one point. was there too."
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,718 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Absolutely Nothing! [M]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2024 9:34:06 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

his head dips in a nod as there's no reason to lie about it. she'd seen him there, after all, and him not being there would change nothing.

"i was."

questioned, he questions in return.

"i recall the masked creature aligning itself with you. how is it?"

[newclass=.becketttheobg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt]margin:-40px 105px -40px 135px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.underbossbecktag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheodice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheopkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheoart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
2,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Absolutely Nothing! [M]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2024 15:27:59 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
She envied how undaunted he sounded about going through the same infernal ordeal as she had. Did he truly not feel anything?

“I wish I was as strong as you…” The words left her mouth without Andrea even realizing it.

At the mention of the creature, she perked up somewhat. “She’s doing pretty good, actually. She’s even made friends with some of the Pokémon in the ranch!”

Once again, her mood became melancholy. “Mr. Theo, is it true that the League and Rocket are about to go to war again?” She finally asked the poignant question.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,718 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Absolutely Nothing! [M]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 7:58:08 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

his mouth parts but the words never leave: "i'm not strong." because what she doesn't know is the turmoil he's found himself in ever since returning to hoenn. without , he would not be as presentable as he is now.

as her mood rises and falls, his remains still.

"war has always loomed over us, andrea. it is inevitable; inescapable; and with the way things stand, it will tear the region apart."

he pauses.

"do you truly believe you're on the right side?"

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
2,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Absolutely Nothing! [M]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 19:58:37 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
“There is no right side!” Andrea rebuked him. “Why must the same thing happen again and again? Why must we save the day, only to then turn against each other? When will people learn?”

Through regulated breaths, the dragoness quelled the RAGE that burned within her, though its faint embers lingered in her amethyst eyes. “We’re so much stronger when we work together. It was proven against Kyurem, and again in that prison. The Lousy Three didn’t stand a chance even when they Dynamaxed!”

Chomper roared triumphantly at the mention of that frabjous day when the great Munkidori had fallen from grace. How satisfying the death of that clown had been!

“Why, even after seeing all that, do people insist on fighting a pointless war?” The young woman asked, clenching her Hydreigon-shaped fists.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,718 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Absolutely Nothing! [M]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2024 14:38:28 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

in those two incidents she mentions, both league and rocket fought alongside each other to ensure their survival, that much is true, but she'd be mistaken to spin it as them working together.

attempted to kill numerous rocket forces during the battle of kyurem.

murdered VELMOS during the prison incident.

where was the togetherness then?

"because people are selfish."

a sigh follows.

"but you're right. you're no longer the girl i met years ago, inexperienced and naive to the world. you've seen what the world has to offer, what people are like, and what awaits us. so i'll concede to you, andrea, because there is no right side. only winners and losers."

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
2,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Absolutely Nothing! [M]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2024 16:07:04 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Theo acknowledged Andrea’s growth and even agreed with her. From someone as reticent as him, that was unexpected, but appreciated nonetheless. “Thanks…”

Truth be told, she didn’t know if her maturity was for the better. Had you asked her two years ago if she was happy, she would’ve responded with an immediate yes. She wasn’t so sure anymore.

Back on the important topic, though. “Since I’m not naive anymore, you can be honest with me. If Rocket were to win, what would they do?” She asked the underboss.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,718 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Absolutely Nothing! [M]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2024 8:18:57 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

for the life of him, he can't seem to remember whether he's told her what his goals are. it's logical to think that it might have come up at some point in time during their many conversations, but it's also logical to think otherwise.

"all i've ever wanted is peace."

and it should be clear that the path to it doesn't matter, at least not to him, even at great costs.

"rocket will ensure peace is maintained while helping hoenn, and its people thrive."

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
2,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Absolutely Nothing! [M]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2024 13:15:25 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
“By turning Hoenn into another Kanto?” Was Andrea’s knee-jerk response. “Tyranny is not peace…” She muttered under her breath.

Being a longtime stan, she had naturally read her report on how Team Rocket ruled the neighboring region with an iron, oppressive fist.

“We both want the same thing, but our methods are so different, we can’t help butting heads.” The dragon fanatic observed in a moment of clarity. “Maybe there’s a way to change that, though. I’ve recently spoken with your Visionary.”

, that is.

“She, too, wants there to be peace in favor of dealing with the real enemy that is the DRK Triad.” Andrea continued. “For that to happen, she thinks it’s crucial that we de-escalate our conflict.”
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,718 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Absolutely Nothing! [M]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2024 9:37:33 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

the mention of has him chuckling for he hadn't expected the visionary to be acquainted with the pokemaniac let alone having parlayed with them. he is reminded of his words to not too long ago: 'she believes herself important.'

can disguise it all she wants but this is proof enough of her insubordination. not that anyone would care, of course, for this iteration of rocket is soft.

"it's funny you mention the visionary. she reminds me of you, actually, but of the version of you that no longer exists."

naive, as he had said.

"what do you think will happen the moment team rocket stands down?"

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
2,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Absolutely Nothing! [M]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2024 19:49:29 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
“She does?” A smile crept upon Andrea’s lips. For her, being compared to the Visionary was a positive thing, not a negative. It meant that she was right to trust her.

The flamboyant cosplayer took a moment to think about Theo’s followup question. “If Team Rocket stands down… then there’ll be no reason to go to war, right?” She surmised, perhaps incorrectly.

Even with her newfound maturity, it would take a while to deprogram her brain of the League’s propaganda. Big bad Rocket was responsible for all wars, always the aggressor.

“D-do you think differently?” The young woman meekly added.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,718 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Absolutely Nothing! [M]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2024 8:20:54 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

"perhaps not, but that's a short-sighted view."

one that leaves her prone to being questioned all in an attempt to deprogram her brain of the propaganda that currently exists. it'd only be overridden with different propaganda, however, but one that favors his cause.

for that reason, he has no objections doing so.

"do you think peace would be achieved then? what do you think the league would do to us? we are, after all, criminals and terrorists, or so your league says."

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
2,065 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Absolutely Nothing! [M]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2024 8:46:39 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea did have mild myopia (which was why she wore glasses that made her look very kawaii), but being called short-sighted still stung and made her second-guess herself. As always, Theo Beckett was a master gaslighter.

“I guess you have a point…” The draconic cosplayer muttered. Father Winter had given her a taste of what a half-assed peace could look like. “The League has a bunch of amnesty programs, but Rockets have to actually WANT to rehabilitate for those programs to work.”

People deserved second chances, but not everyone was capable of changing. For every Merlo or Maher, there was an equal number of Harcourts and Fiorellis.

“But maybe if you helped us defeat our common enemy, you could get some kind of pardon. Hoenn could treat you all like heroes!” Andrea proposed, her bright-eyed optimism resurfacing like the treasures on that island north of Dewford.
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing