WRITE REPLY

rocket [mission]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2018 1:29:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
he stays silent throughout her rambling and questions, recognizing that he doesn't need to acknowledge them with responses. instead, he finds solace in the cigarette, taking long drags whenever she speaks. she asks a question then answers it for herself; he chuckles when she does.

being safe, he pulls out his phone and attempts to turn it on. "nice job." with pushing a button. the screen refuses to turn on, courtesy of the emp device. "we have about fifteen before the power comes back." a device's effectiveness is relative to its size, that much is no different.

ash is flicked onto the floor as he walks; eyes surveying the place with a carefully pointed flashlight in his hand. "we're only here for a set of stones: rubies and sapphires, i think." something in him resurfaces that he can't control; he doesn't even bother to silence it. "that's all we're taking." because taking more would hurt the owners, and that's not what he wants.

a particular display case comes under attention under his flashlight. one look into it tells him enough. "this is it." he grinds the tip of the cigarette into the glass and pockets the bud, careful not to leave any dna behind. inside the case are a select few gemstones, ripe for their taking.

"you're up, girl." he looks to her with a subtle hint of mischief. "i'll keep lookout."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2018 10:34:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar

she mouths the words 'fifteen minutes' as she carefully look around, weaving through cases of stacked jewels, watches and more. using minimal light, she walks passed one before stopping, and quickly back-peddling. "nope," she whispers, moving on. his particular selection choice is... odd. sure a couple of karat'd diamonds would be worth more? she doesn't question it though. her nerves scream from being under edge, and she just wants this to end quickly. almost binding in the dark, gray shines his flashlight. they found it.

"put it against your hand or something," she whispers, moving closer to the case. "the flashlight. i only need minimal light. they can probably see that from outside." careful not to scold, she bends down to look at the case horizontally. small, thin black plastic cylinders line the edges of the top near the standard opening. "it's alarmed," rory said to herself, though, likely gray would pick up on it. "no use picking the lock." the woman thumbs through the pocket of her jacket for a moment, coming out with something round. their solution.

"can you look outside? make sure no one saw your light?" her eyes turned up to him. reaching for her own light, she turns it on inside the pocket of her coat. it just barely gave her what she needed. carefully, she placed the round device a top the glass. it looked largely like a bigger can-opener. the rubber insulation finds purchases, sucking onto the glass and creating a firm seal. it's a simple matter to twist it, hard. it plops, and as rory rises with it, the glass does too. success. with a gloved hand she reaches in and begins throwing things into her pockets.

"okay. so far so good. anyone there?"

@gray

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2018 11:38:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
for once, she has a point; but that doesn't mean he has to acknowledge it. keeping his mouth shut, he does as told and turns off his flashlight, pocketing it until otherwise needed. he doubts that such a small light source could attract attention, but still, it's better to be safe than sorry.

"yeah, i wasn't going to." he comments. "you got it, though?" he has to make sure because the last thing he wants is to trigger some alarm and to have the police surround them in five minutes: which, funny enough, is exactly what will happen in two minutes.

"your wish is my command." 

swiveling on his feet, he moves away from the display counter and allows her to work her magic. there needs to be some level of trust between them, and right now, he's exercising it from his end.

finding a nice spot by the window, shielded by the shadows that the street lights cast, he stands and looks out onto the streets. his ears listen for any concerning sounds, but all he can hear is her.

"all clear." 

almost on cue as if the world has it against him, he hears something faint approaching in the background. it grows louder and louder, and it only takes him a moment to recognize what it is:

trouble.

"we need to go." he pushes himself off the wall and turns to her. "trouble's coming." little does he know, trouble's already arrived: two league officers are about to make their entry from the back entrance.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2018 11:50:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar

in retrospect, it'had been considerably easier than she thought. sure, she didn't expect the worlds most advanced security system in what appeared to be a small ma and pa shop, but, she also didn't expect it to be so easy.

that was the first clue something was wrong.

"wait, what?" she freezes, turning her attention to him. a tiny hand is halfway through the highly illegal hole just created in the jewelry case. surely she heard him right. "what do you mean troubles coming?" instantly rory recoils her hand, and turns on her heel. taking the light from her pocket she points it at the doorway. "did we trip some-" the rocket grunt stops dead in her tracks. at the bottom of the door frame, barely visible, is a sensor. and they had tripped it.

"cool cool cool cool cool" she says to herself nervously. removing the glass from the suctioned device, she places it back in her pocket, turning out the light. the silence is deafening. the now irregular, thumping beat of her heart beats against her chest. if rory wasn't so terrified of spending the rest of her life in jail, she'd be nervous she was having a heart attack. shit. that might actually be what she wanted. "back the same wa-" the words catch in her throat. a door opens from the back.

they weren't alone.

@gray

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2018 12:05:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"do you have the gems?" 

it's the first question he asks because it's what most important; it's the only reason why they're here. "i mean trouble's coming." he replies to buy himself some time. he had appointed himself as mission leader, so he has to act like one now.

only problem is: he's not ready to combat the league.

unfortunately, it seems like he has to.

the door they came from clicks, freezing him in place as all the options run through his head. "fuck." they're coming; he knows that much. grabbing the nearest stool, he flings it at the large window at the front of the store. the glass shatters into pieces, causing the alarm to sound.

"out the front, now!" 

he can't have her freeze. not now. he grabs her by her arm and basically pushes her towards the open window. he casts one look behind at the two league officers that burst in. they yell out and announce their presence because they have to.

gray is all too familiar with it.

taking to the streets, they start sprinting away. in the distance, the sirens move closer and closer.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2018 12:34:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar

so lost in her own happenstance, rory barely registered gray's words. "of course i have the gems!" her words were a rough whisper now. she pat the pocket of her pants to make sure. she wasn't lying. refusing to let fear take her, she did her best to slow her breathing.

all hell broke loose.

the sound of a door clicking open pulled her attention. her throat dried. glass shattered. a rough grip wrapped around a tiny bicep, off-centering her balance and almost causing her to fall face first into glass. nearly dragged, she righted her footing, keeping pace with the taller man. soon, the familiar feeling of pavement beneath her chucks and a burning in her lungs. voices gave rise behind her, so to did they chase. she didn't look back out of fear of collapsing with poor balance.

"we— need— to— get— off— the street—." she wheezes between breathes. cars would beat them every single time. they were far too slow to out race them. her eyes danced up and down the sidewalk, to stores, apartment buildings, alley-ways— "there!" it's her turn to pull him towards the empty pathway. no different than the one they had been in earlier to get into jewelry store. only this time, it'd work in their favor.

hopefully.

with only an exit and entrance, she stops. it takes all she has to not heave for air. already her throat begs for water. calves tight and pressing. at her hip she releases the contents of one of her two pokeballs. the nearly 9 foot behemoth stands before them, an unbearable cold emanating from it's large body. "Alfie, quick— create an icewall—!" still her breathing is labored. she pushes through. the large dinosaur turns it's massive head to the space between buildings. the crystals on it's hide glow like the stars above. from it's maw an ICE BEAM shoots forth. he sets to work.

they just needed SECONDS...
@gray

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2018 12:25:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
an alleyway is where they attempt to break away from the fuzz. desperation fills them as they turn the corner; his eyes constantly shifting back and forth to assess their situation. she soon sends out her dinosaur and sets to building a wall of ice, which he has to admit, isn't such a bad idea.

but they need time.

"come on, come on—" he mutters under his breath as he watches the ICE BEAM travel, slowly building upwards but nowhere near fast enough. footsteps approach; he hears it even through the sound the dinosaur makes.

it's not enough.

hand to his belt finds a gun. he flicks the safety off and points it at the gap through the ice wall, waiting for the league officers to turn the corner. his heart thunders in his chest with anticipation; adrenaline influences his actions, but it's not enough to cloud his judgement.

as soon as the two league officers appear, he freezes. for moments it's as if time froze, allowing him to recollect and reassess. finally, he redirects his aim and shoots as the street light behind the officers. the glass shatters, calling for their attention.

"we need to go, now!" he turns and drags her along with him. he couldn't care less about her dinosaur; if it needs to be a sacrifice then it's one he's willing to give.

the ice wall's almost complete.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2018 10:24:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar

the gunshot is deafening. her ears ring under the explosion of gunpowder. the air smells of soot and ash. "what the hell?!" she turns her disoriented vision on the league officials, and once again, feels herself being dragged. "alfie!" she fumbles with her other hand for the ball. it slips between fingers...

...narrowly she fumbles thin fingers around it, clutching it to her chest. aiming it, she recalls the dinosaur. the sculpture of ice now looking like a fumbled attempt to be like the Wall north of winterfell, after the night king gets a hold of it. she doesn't see what becomes of the would be pursuers.

she only feels the burn of her lungs again.

'please. please. please.'
the thought repeats in her mind. praying. hoping. wishing.

@gray

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2018 10:50:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
should he have fired?

the question rings through his head as they two sprint away from the scene of the crime. the ice wall grows smaller and smaller in the distance, and with one swift turn, it disappears from their sights.

they run for far too long until they finally come to a stop. the sirens fade away. they're safe.

catching his breath, he takes a moment to look at her, then down at her pockets. "do you have it?" he forgot he asked, but he needs to make sure. "the gems—did you grab them in time?"

there's no twitch to his hands.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2018 10:38:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar

the tug of his arm on her body was the only thing she could focus on. when they stop, her throat burns and her lungs ache. she promises mentally to run more.

rory doubt that would happen.

"yes! yes, i have them!" she's almost yelling now. frustration, rage, fear- it all laces her voice like a poison. fumbling into her pockets, she pulls the gems out. fingers red. cold. in pain.

"what now?" she says between heavy breathes. she looks at him for answers. hoping he has them.

@gray

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights