WRITE REPLY

rocket [mission]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2018 2:55:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH

[attr="class","ipad"]
THE BRIEFING[break][break]

an order has been issued to seize a particular set of valuable stones sold within a well-guarded and posh jewelry store. luckily, you and your partner have been selected to perform this heist. should your team be successful in thieving the stones and bringing them back to hq, you will be rewarded handsomely.[break][break][break]

setting: lilycove department store or mauville city (stores)[break]
requirements: 2-3 team rocket, at least 5 posts each[break]
rewards: up to 50 poké and 5 infamy

[googlefont=Montserrat]

rory sat impatiently in the coffee shop across the street. her outfit was simple and comfortable, though, since she'd never done anything like this... it was a lot of black?[break][break]

the rocket grunt was on her second cup of coffee, her foot tapping consistently against the tile beneath her. "man, where the hell is he?" she whispered in a pout, nose hovering slightly above her steaming mug.[break][break]

the cool air of the night slithered in with each time the door opened, her attention leaping towards it just in case he had arrived. so far, no luck.[break][break]

"bastard.." she said to herself once more.[break][break]

he really got on her nerves.[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2018 8:48:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
it isn't until the sweet taste of nicotine courses through his veins that his hand steadies. the twitch worsens with every passing day, leaving him with no choice but to bear witness to his own decline. it's not a problem that can be fixed; it is, however, a problem that can be subdued, even if only for a few hours.

the cool air of the night slithers in, announcing his arrival; his voice accompanies. "oh, good. you're here." like the cool air of the night, he slithers into the seat across from her. a gesture to the waitress is enough to let her know his order: the same as his partner's.

"have you been waiting long?" not that he cares; he just finds it appropriate to exchange pleasantries. "guessing not. your coffee's still warm." as visible by the steam over the mug.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2018 10:35:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar

amber hues peered behind dark, thick lashes. rory swallows, visibly annoyed. when he speaks her nose wrinkles, the smell of nicotine coming off immediately. "take a mint or something next time," rory said reactively, falling into the cushion of her seat. he looked like the same mess of a man she'd seen last time they got together. why the organization paired her with this mess, she didn't know.

his stoic attitude did little to appease her sour mood. "of course I've bee-" her words were razor sharp, but loud. looking around, she met the eyes of curious patrons. lowering her voice, she restarted. "I've been here thirty minutes. you know, when we agreed to meet?" rory had few doubts that that gray would actually show remorse. at this point, she didn't need or want it.

"we're on probation, remember? so when we agree to be here at a certain time, at least try to make it, okay?" huffing, small hands reached for the mug. they were shaking a bit. not cold, nor afraid, but rather rushed with adrenaline. confronting others always did this to her. of course, the coffee wasn't helping. anxiety wasn't something she could just shake off, though. no matter how much she wanted too.

sighing, she tried to release the irritation from her voice. rory wasn't confident it would work. "did you bring it?" it being the localized EMP burst. gray said he knew a guy, and while rory wasn't sure he was telling the truth, she had little options but to believe him. if they wanted to take out the security cameras discreetly — they needed it.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2018 10:54:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
her words are razor sharp and loud. it draws in unwanted attention; one quick glance around the room tells him as much. he doesn't need to tell her to lower her voice; she does it on her own accord. "i must have lost track of time, or something." he's goading her because he knows she'll fall for it. it's harmless fun, really.

the waitress returns with his coffee, bringing with her momentary silence that he welcomes with open arms. he flashes her a semblance of a smile; in reality, it's a slight tilt to a corner of his lips.

"thanks." 

taking a careful sip, his eyes focus in on her hands. she fires questions at him, and while he has the answers, he chooses to withhold them to himself, at least for now. another sip and he's leaning forward ever so slightly.

"your hands—" he places the mug down and holds his own up, and sure enough, there's a slight twitch to his fingers. his eyes are strategically placed on her, reading. "mine shake for nicotine. what do yours shake for?"

inside his coat pocket is the emp device; he'll bring it out later. for now, curiosity leads the way.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2018 11:03:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar

like a damn littered with cracks, rory struggles to hold in her flame licked words. as if to mock her, his words slight the importance of showing up on time — of his word. a quiet overtakes the table as the waitresses stops by. like a thick syrup, tension hangs in the air. for a moment rory wonders if the woman is going to say something. relief floods her when she simply walks away, a look of regret plaguing her middle-aged visage. 'we're being too obvious', she tells herself. easily a person of interest should someone here be questioned tomorrow about the turn of events.

he continues deflecting the task at hand. instead, he hones in on the small tremor of her hands. instinctively she pulls it away and beneath the view of the table, resting comfortably finally in her lap. "it doesn't matter," she said, tone hushed. it bleeds an anger that is just narrowly quelled. looking up, her eyes meet his. behind rory's gaze is steel and determination. "you want to ask questions about me? then show up when you say you will next time." her words bring an end to the discussion. she bites the insides of her cheeks before continuing.

"now did you bring it, or not?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2018 11:12:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
her eyes meet his. he doesn't back down, instead, he invites conflict because that's where he thrives. her words bring an end to the discussion and while he has the option to push on, to continue cracking away at the dam she's spent so long building. "it doesn't matter." he lets it go.

onto the topic at hand, and the reason why they're sat across each other at a dingy, yet oddly comfortable coffee shop, he acknowledges her desire to get to business by nodding.

"i said i would, didn't i?" he realizes the irony in his words given how late he arrived, but still, he doesn't let irony get in the way of goading. "you have to trust me sooner or later, girl." there's no reason to bring it out for her to see; especially not in a public place.

another sip buys him time. "are you anxious?" he clears his throat and leans further forward, voice lowering to a whisper as he continues speaking. "for what we're about to do. it's okay if you are. i was, once."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2018 11:29:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar

rory scoffs at his comment. the man had the audacity to sit here, and expect her to believe the words that came out his mouth. he was an enigma that thrived on manipulating others, if tonight was proof enough. perhaps she'd inclined to believe him, hadn't he not only been on time, but if their prior engagement had gone as planned. "maybe when you earn it," she says straight, setting her jaw. rory sighs. knowing a conflicting personality wouldn't help either of them, she did her best to push the irritation that rattled her every nerve, down once more.

"of course i'm anxious you oaf," her words aren't as sharp this time. blunted; retired. pointless questions seemed to be gray's forte. she would have little use of them as time went on. rory looked at the simple leather watch on her wrist. '9 pm, huh?' she told herself mentally. they'd be closing up shop about now. securing it with metal chains and locks. plenty of time, but, she didn't want to waste precious minutes conversating about the weather. not with gray at least.

rory rubbed her forehead. she felt a tension migraine coming on. something gray would poke at excessively. she wouldn't be able to hold in the tongue lashing then. "i'm fine, anyways." she says, tacking on further to her admission of anxiousness. "the sooner we end this — the sooner you stop talking — the easier this'll be." anybody else and she'd have felt like she was being unfair, or cruel. but no, not gray. she knew that he viewed her as someone he could press down with the weight of his thumb and crush her. like a defense zubat.

well fuck that. and fuck him.

"same plan?" she asks, throat dry. rory reaches for the cup of water and stares at gray through the blurry, hazed plastic. eager to go home. eager to be done.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2018 11:42:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
a defenseless zubat eventually becomes a capable crobat, that much he knows. "if you say so." one more sip and he's done with his coffee; caffeine makes him all jittery, which is the opposite of what he should be tonight.

out of the corner of his eye, he watches patrons at a nearby table collect their things to leave the store. "that plan didn't work out so well for us last time, did it?" he asks a rhetorical but doesn't offer a solution to their problems. he shakes his head. "i'll lead this time." 

he has a plan. or at least a semblance of one, which is enough for such a simple mission.

"unless, you have a problem with that?" 

it's a question that doesn't require a response; he knows it, and yet, still asks with a soft grin to his face. he rises from his chair and takes out some money to throw onto the table. it's a little past nine and it's time for them to begin.

"time to go."

on their way out, he holds the door open for her, like the true gentleman he is.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2018 11:56:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar

rory fiddles with the fingers in her lap as he speaks. stopping, absent-minded, she raises a brow. "somehow i don't think it's the plan that failed us last time," she says sourly. "never the less, if you wish to want to take point — i won't stop you." in truth, she was relieved. the burden fell from her shoulders like an arbok shedding it's skin. rory was always the type to own up to something, even if it meant consequences. it crossed her mind quickly that with him in charge, maybe failing wouldn't hurt her near as badly as it would him. shame took over, and she cast the idea from her mind.

standing, her fingers meddled with the ends of her sleeves. the jacket was slightly big on her, and only a few fingers poked out of the ends of the sleeve at full length. couple anxiety with a fear of shopping alone and this is what you get — the curse of online shopping. not even bothering to say thank you, she embraced the cool, dusk air. taking the beanie from her pocket, she put it over the mop of black and green locks. nestled comfortably, she wrapped thin arms around herself.

already the street was thinning. the night life, and soon to be drunks, blocks away. for now, at least, it seemed luck was on their side. she turned to the man beside her, eyes looking for a sign of... something. confidence seemed to ooze from him like pus from a fresh wound. it was arrogant and unattractive. still, if he had a plan, she wanted to hear it.

"well?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2018 12:15:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
the cool air is the first cause of the falter to his facade: it redirects his eyes onto her, noticing her thin arms wrapped around herself. for a second, habit gets the better of him as he looks to offer her his jacket. and for a second, memories overcome him, reminding him of a life once lived.

but that's all they are now: memories.

that's all they must be.

"well what?" it's her voice that snaps him out of it. how poetic. or tragic. "oh, the plan? we're just going to wing it."

the poor joke buys him some time to recover. his facade cannot break for even a second can prove to be fatal.

two minutes out. "no cameras at the back entrance, so we enter through there. set off the device once inside. steal the shit and get out." a pause, he turns to his partner. "kinda hard to fuck this one up, don't you think?"

one minute out. the crowd dies down to nothing as he counts his blessings. it looks to be a smooth mission, but that's when it gets the most dangerous: when comfort is found.

thirty seconds out. "i have your back, girl." he looks to her and offers her a rare, but mostly-genuine smile. "i just hope you have mine."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2018 12:35:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar

blinking dryly, she continued staring at gray. his idea of a joke fell on deaf— no, not deaf— uncooperative ears. she waits a moment. two. finally, he speaks once more. "that sounds... ordinarily simple." in truth, it sounded easy. solid. still, she couldn't shake this feeling of uneasiness. anything could go wrong. at anytime. that was the harsh reality of it. nervously, her hands played with the ends of her sleeves some more.

"yeah," she said, swallowing saliva she didn't realize she was holding. "i got your back." looking about, the street was even emptier than before. she leaned against a light post, throwing fiddling hands into her pockets. an attempt at blending in. it probably didn't look very well. "where do you want me?" she poised the question. the pokeballs at her hip felt heavy. they would be... difficult to use in the mission. she'd have to find a way.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2018 12:50:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"good."

there's a rhythm to how he operates: systematic, almost like clockwork. first, he takes in the scene as a whole: in this case it's the building, the streets surrounding it, and most importantly, the vantage points. second, he notes the entry and exit points: one at the front, one at the back. third, he looks over the people to find potential threats: none are around them.

lastly, he considers his partner: he doesn't trust her.

"not too close and not too far away." his eyes analyze the scene, understanding despite its darkened setting. "duck your head down." he says right before they walk under a camera. when they clear it, he looks back up.

"next to me."

the back entrance is in an alleyway; nothing good ever happens in an alleyway, and this one's no different. he's posed next to the door, fingers slipping into his jacket to find the device. "hold this." he hands it to her: it's small, compact, and portable. reaching into his other pocket, he finds his lock pick kit.

swiveling on his feet, he lowers himself to a knee and starts working his magic on the door. his hands move carefully; though he can't control the occasional twitching. "is this your first heist?" he asks, curious. "just making small talk. to pass the time."

click.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2018 13:02:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar

she follows him, close to the hip. not opposed to diving into a 'cover persona' to put those around her at ease, she certainly rejected that this time. she'd rather rot in prison than to anything of the sort with gray. the idea made her skin crawl. eyes flew upwards, watching the camera as gray spoke. she ducked her head as instructed, and in seconds, they were clear— if being in the middle of a sketchy alleyway, feet outside an expensive jewelry store and in the middle of the night, could be considered clear.

reaching out, small hands wrap around the object. if she placed her bets correctly, she'd have guessed it was the EMP device she mentioned earlier. careful not to set it off accidentally, she was determined to keep her fickle fingers still. amber shaded irises were flighty. up, down, left, and right. she watched every available corner as much as she could. uneasily, her leg tapped. so lost in her nerves, she nearly didn't hear the question. "huh?" that's right. the question. "yeah, it's my first heist." an odd question. never one she thought she'd hear in her life.

"what about you? fourth? fifth?" she breathed out a chuckle. steam rose in her face.

fuck it was cold.

@gray

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2018 13:17:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"second."

the lock gives way to gentleness as he successfully picks it. it's not long after that until he's back on his feet with all his items back where they belong. the twitching doesn't stop; its hunger can only be satisfied with a cigarette, which he retrieves along with a lighter.

it's his first mistake, but it's a calculated one.

igniting it, he takes a drag as he rubs his hands together. "you ready?" he says through the cigarette between his lips. without even waiting for a response, he opens the door and takes a step in.

he had been careful not to touch the handle with his fingers. but what he had missed was the hidden sensor on the ground. it doesn't set off a loud blare; why would it? instead, it alerts the proper authorities of their antics.

for now, they enter the jewelry store with their assigned agenda. "you can set that thing off now." sparing her a glance, he's wary of the cameras ahead of them. another drag fills the space with smoke, helping cloud them.

"just push the red button. quite intuitive, really."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rocket [mission]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2018 13:41:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"second?" she reiterated, a bit of surprise in her voice. he seemed far more confident than someone who was on his second attempt. no one was that good on their second attempt. and that was from experience. still, he at least seemed to know a semblance of what he was doing. more than what she could say for herself. she watches as he lights a cigarette and takes a drag. once more the smell of nicotine disgusts her. "you couldn't wait to do that?" she scolds, looking about again. "just.. put it in your pocket when you're done. dna and shit."

the door slides open quietly. no movement on the other side. still, the doorframe feels like the entrance to another dimension. to a life she can't turn back from. determined to face the consequences, she steps through. "okay," she echoes nervously. she pushes down. hard. she has to be sure it activates. it was literally life or death. "how will i know it works?" her tone is far quieter than before. in the silence it's deafening. it comes to her then, reaching into her pocket. the cell phones cold to the touch. screen stays black.

"oh" she says to herself. she chuckles a bit to herself again. looking up she realizes just how dark it was. she brought a small, thin flashlight, but she holds off on turning it on. lights in a dark shop could be seen from the street. not a risk she was willing to take yet. "i know a decent amount about gems," she says to gray. "we grabbing everything we can.. or?"

@gray

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights