Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,436 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
experience tranquility [c]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 15:56:27 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
The soft leather of the chair squeaks as she leans back into it, eyes closed and mouth curling into a smile. Ready for that nothingness, that influenced bliss, where everything is a room with padded corners and she can pong forever off the bars of her cage.

“Welcome to my dark twisted fantasy,” she says sleepily to the woman sitting off in the dark.

The IV drip in her veins falls slow and silent. Kanaya checks the fluid monitor, brushes a hand over its weathered surface.

By now the Parasect psilocybins and microdose ket-torb-midaz will be entering her bloodstream. Her mental barriers begin to fall. The nodes hooked to her head hum comfortingly as the multiple computer monitors light up. PYLONS mans the console, keeping things flowing as data. Banana Phone zips from node to node, tracking and tracing the brain, the ghost in him allowing him to skip across barriers with little resistance.

A red Duskull hovers in the corner, silent and lingering.

But it’s Kanaya who watches, Kanaya who checks the heartrate monitor and the pulse-ox, her temperature and her pain level, rapping on her flesh-and-blood knee gently to stimulate a response, to track as she sinks deeper and deeper into that nowhere space, as her brain continues to upload to the computer.

Another exhale. The chair squeaks as she relaxes more.

Kanaya drifts around to the back of the chair, placing hands on her head, sifting through blonde hair.

“Do I think?” she slurs, giggling sleepily. “Does a submarine… swim…”

get in sygna

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 16:31:23 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
when she got the text, her heart sank. ana will not be stopped; freya doesn't know if she would even try to stop her. it brings her joy. to destroy herself. to destroy all that makes her human. 

all that makes her hurt. 

her new assistant had objected to freya's sudden departure from ever grande - but you have a strategy meeting! and then you have to be in dewford by two to help rebuild! - but she claimed a family emergency and left, promising to be back on the radar in the next few hours. 

she's here now, with a softly glowing bundle in her arms, even though ana should be the one holding a damn emotional support pokemon. she kind of has one in kanaya, but the gardevoir is also going to be mucking around in her brain. 

the duskull lingers, an ill omen. 

"i don't think submarines swim," she mumbles to herself, afraid if she doesn't grasp onto the conversation, grasp onto her friend, she's going to lose her. moxie coos, tilting her head up at freya and then curling deeper into her lap.
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,436 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 16:46:19 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Kanaya notes Freya’s comment with an almost imperceptible incline of her head, stroking along strands of blonde hair matted down with electrophoresis gel.

A few moments of sinking more and off they go. The computer screens light up with a variety of images: brain activity in swirls and coils of lines and light; faint, flashing pulses as they await entry into the frontal lobe, where the memories live. A brief sidetrack down the medulla where the math for her heartbeat ticks away. Every now and then Kanaya moves her hands a centimeter, a millimeter, driving this speeding bus, this plane burning hallucinogenics and nitrogen.

Then, bam! First person POV of stuff and things. Here is breakfast this morning, sniffing the milk to check if it’s spoiled-- such banality is only bright because it’s fresh, recent-- here is bedtime last night, taking her meds-- oft repeated and habitual things wear a deep tread in the mind-- here is the muddled red pain, pain, pain of her cutting her leg off-- take a big, sweeping curve around that one-- and diving and diving and diving and back and back and back. Snippets of songs and flashes of movie scenes shift seamlessly between clear memories, the only sign of something that once was is there no longer.

Do you know what real strength is?

And then, darkness. A void. No light. Any normal captain would get lost here, in the immense emptiness, but Kanaya knows it, it is familiar, and she pilots fearlessly deeper and deeper past the brink.

The screens get crunchy, fuzzy like static. Flowers in an arena, graduation gown swishing between her knees; a selfie in a sparkling jumper in a nicotine-streaked mirror.

“Too far,” she slurs, fingers twitching. “But, while we’re here…”

The map of her brain twists and shifts. The Duskull floats forward, now, and, blinking, disables the now-shared memories. Bright spots go dark. Kanaya closes her eyes. A faint, pink glow emanates from the head in her hands, as she is forming a hook, to reach in and snicker-snack!

Adrift, now, the memories are no longer. They dissipate, leaving blackness in their wake.

get in sygna

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 17:04:15 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
into the deep dark they go. all that makes ana who she is comes to life on that screen and in an instant, she is stripped of the staunch belief that there is more to a person than meat and bones and firing synapses - that there is soul somewhere in the middle, kindling from muted coals to wildfire. 

this is her, this is ana, in her entirety, bits smeared and erased. ana, pockmarked with scars in the shape of song lyrics, lain flat and barren and exposed. 

it is intimate, watching ana through her own eyes while she drifts, only half-lucid (a quarter lucid, an eighth lucid), and a heat warms the back of her neck. moxie nips at her hand and freya realizes she'd been squeezing the dragon a bit too tight. 

"sorry," she whispers, pinching the delicate feathers beside her head in another apology.

and then she hears herself, the crash of water against salt-bleached rocks, her dragons in the distance playing in the surf. just a bare moment, a blip in all that emptiness, and while they travel through the void, freya thinks of ana's dripping words, transcribed through a rotom. 

i kinda love you. not in, like, a 'mawwiage' way, - a soft, sad smile - 'but like, being willing to die for someone is a kind of love, right?'

this is not dying. she had not killed this part of her, the part of her that remembers. the part of her that drove her to find freya in the first place. the part of freya that made her open up her heart in return.

she flinches when lights begin to die. 
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,436 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 17:15:58 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
“Hurts less, now,” she says, voice drifting, "almost nothing... First time… was like an ax murder.”

Sliding through barren, empty darkness. Nothing catches here, no lumps or bumps, valleys or humps. No intonation to suggest forward or back. But Kanaya knows-- she knows this mind like she knows her own, knows this soul like she knows her own. Through trial and tribulation, though she, at one point, would rather have not.

The screen blips. A memory. Foggy recognizance of her face in a faded reflection, staring into a glass square filled with soft toys, something small and green and very much alive and breathing snoring in the midst of them. A Grookey, sucking its thumb.

Oh.” It’s more of a gasp than anything really. Fighting against the cocktail of drugs, her face contorts, eyes squeezing shut. Kanaya lifts one hand to reach down and squeeze her human’s shoulder.

The pathways on the screen fire and pulse, fire and pulse. A long walk off a short cliff leads to blankness.

“This can stay,” she says, ultimately. “It doesn’t… hurt anymore. It’s just… sweet.”

They move on.

get in sygna

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 17:28:00 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
it does not make freya feel better. endure enough pain and you will become calloused. you will push yourself too far and your body will falter. stutter. stop. you're only human. 

is ana human anymore?

the lines have all blurred. she doesn't know anymore. her own corpus is filled to the brim, near bursting at the seams, with memories of selves she shouldn't have lived. ana's is emptying, draining, disappearing. neither of them asked for this - to become less of and more than themselves. 

moxie is set on the seat. she moves like a ghost to ana's side, tentative. if kanaya motions for her to leave, she will, but she wants to be closer. she wants to be there, hand on metal hand, knowing she can feel her. 

'the thing,' she says, after a long time, 'about being remade, is it hurts. no matter who does it.'*
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,436 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 17:47:14 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
This next bit is tricky, a little trap she’s set up for herself, a noose for her future neck to fit into.

Her palm flips outwards, setting the Dratini’s head settle onto it.

“I don’t… know where this one is, Kanaya,” she says, sounding a bit pained.

Kanaya squeezes her shoulder again, soothingly. Puts both hands back in the driver’s seat.

Screens blare with golden spirals and dizzying swells, chunks of shades of black and gray that indicate thickness and depth despite their blurred lines. This portion is a veritable Mario Kart track of calamity, because it’s where her sense of self dwells. These memories are all wrapped up deeply in her psyche. There is damage, here, like fractured pillars being eaten away at by sulfurous liquid.

You can call me Ana, her voice intones, they can call me Ana. other people need a name to call me, right?

What do I call myself?

Kanaya pilots effortlessly around these snagging questions. Like she knows all the answers, all the turns and bends. Down and down and down a pinball chute of self-recognition.

A single, silver tendril, sticking out like errant thread.

There it is. The Gardevoir targets it, knowing it would be here, an underseam of insecurity, of willful acceptance of fallibility and fault.

“That’s… the joke. Remember. The joke that I… forgot.”

Screens pulse down a neural pathway. There’s a gap, sealed in with a song. You are what you love, not who loves you. Backtracking along the beat. Pieces of a trashed motorcycle, scattered like body parts. A streamlined, beautiful machine, with purple and gold LEDs. A single, blue eye, with a camera shutter blink.

Blink, goes the duskull.

Not a spay hook for this one, but forceps, so miniscule as to be microscopic. A pinch, a tug. The thread disappears, but, most importantly, nothing else crumbles apart.

Her shoulders relax from the hunch she didn’t even know they were in. She sighs in relief.

get in sygna

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 17:58:47 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
you can't pin down a singular moment and take it away forever, just as you can't take away a whole person without causing ripples in all the other lives they affect. freya watches wordlessly as they dig ever-deeper, past self-actualization, past the foundation of ana z. fell, and into the past. 

into the before. 

"i remember," she says. it wasn't so long ago. lyune is healed and the wing he'll never use is still in ana's garage, sleek and beautiful and useless. 

here is a thread that could undo it all. it is a careless action, tugging on it after freya's seen this house of cards. her fingers curl; she bites her lip and holds her breath. cygne lives there, slumbering, all the pain that's ever happened to her hiding in moments like these. 

what happens if they unearth one connected to more? ana is here because she was cygne and freya is angry, so angry that love is such a double-edged sword. 

she can't fault her for forgetting. 

ana relaxes and it takes another heartbeat or two before freya follows suit. at least one thing is made certain. ana will never have to do this alone again. 
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,436 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 18:12:30 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
“Think… we’re good,” she hums, and Kanaya seems to agree, because the screens are sliding past in flash-blink-flash-blink. A windy clifftop, staring between Sima 2.0’s heads. A sunlit gnoll watching Rose and Excalibur dance with swords. Opening the door for Freya two hours ago.

Safely back in the here and now, Kanaya drops her hands, shakes the chunks of gel from them, and busies herself bringing her human around to wakefulness. Changes out the IV bag with quick hands and psychic control, flushing her catheter and administering narcan and atipam.

“Snot full sedation so… doesn’t take me long to wake up.”

Increased fluid rate to bolas and support. Maneuvering a heated blanket over her and clicking up the controller. Banana Phone powers down the nodes, waiting for the ampere meter to safely fall to zero before Kanaya whisks around to remove them, stroking damp hair exasperatedly, lovingly free of tangles.

"Aaaaand no Propofol anymore so no dysphoria."

The chair cranks up. She rolls her neck from side to side, yawning.

“See? Nothing to it. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.” She glances down at the Dratini, surprised, before offering it room to crawl into her lap, under the blanket; spinning in her chair at the same time to grin at Freya.

“Nothing to worry about.”

Kanaya pauses in her ministrations to look across the room at Freya, a deep and knowing thought beaming through the space between. A little kernel of knowledge, a small, unspoken secret.

We Make Concessions To Keep The People We Love Alive.

get in sygna

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 19:09:54 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
and just like that, they're gone, pulled back to the present via a series of happier memories, though it does little to make freya feel better about the whole orchestration. she shifts every so often so she can maneuver out of kanaya's way, but the gardevoir doesn't even seem to notice her. 

it's all so familiar to the two of them. fluid, in a way that screams this has been done a thousand and one times already. it's different, knowing and seeing. 

moxie's tongue forks out at the new space, but delighted at the idea of a warm place, with a makeshift roof over her head, she slithers away from freya and into ana's lap proper. 

plenty to worry about, she goes to say, but a trickle of thought brushes against her subconscious. her lips purse; a flash of hopeless agitation is smothered and then she smiles down at her friend. 

"lemon squeezy. now, i have to know - have any luck with the sygna suit?"
close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,486 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2024 3:27:48 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven