awards
3,191 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the shadow always comes
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2024 23:45:05 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she has not made peace with them. not yet. the god's impatience is an itch in her bones, a rumbling reminder with every crack of thunder that follows her through the sky. she stays low to the ground, the same as she has been, in the two days following her ascendance.

there are more pressing matters to tend to. 

so she goes to the place where she knows she'll find him, the place he goes when things turn upside down and inside out and there's only one thing for him to do. 

the warehouse is a dilapidated excuse of a building, long abandoned. she slips under the front chains. her dragonair follows at her heels, but she draws her back to her ball, wanting to be alone. her footsteps are soft, lighter than they ought to be, and she feels a ghost as she peeks through the doors to see him sparring with xen.
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,479 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
the shadow always comes
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2024 16:22:48 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]The Lucario's emotions are a mask in ways that King could never emulate. And he had tried. More than once. But the bubbling fury inside of his chest was something that could not be contained most days. He was a Tempest who could only burn out before being satisfied.
[break][break]
Now? His anger is painted in muted tones.
[break][break]
Lucario blocks a strike easily despite its size disadvantage. The jackal's eyes were closed and floating freely behind him, his aura appendages float gracefully. Quick as a fading whisper he strikes back, a leg kick to King's inner thigh. The strike lands and it echoes across the warehouse alongside King's hiss of frustration, and pain.
[break][break]
Freya finds the two circling one another. They appraise each other's steps, their openings, and their mood. Of course Lucario had not missed her entrance but he says nothing.
[break][break]
King would find out soon enough.
[break][break]
With bubbling impatience, King goes in closer for another strike.

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[break][break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #9ce6f6; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,191 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the shadow always comes
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2024 19:33:17 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

later, maybe, she will find the bruises on his body, fold peppercorn under her lips and say in a language he better understands that she is sorry, and she sees him, and she is here. but now, now she stares, frozen, save for the wince when he snarls in frustration.

she had returned later, searching for the love letter, so sure that she would find it a sodden, unusable mess. when there was no trace of it - of the picnic blanket either - well, she found hope.

one step forward, knowing xen can sense the way she stalks towards them. king lashes out with another strike and she darts like an arrow, nimbly stepping in as xen surrenders the space. her muscles flex as she awkwardly glances the blow meant for the lucario and then squares her shoulders, falling into the stance he taught her.

"mind if i cut in?" she asks, golds glittering.
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,479 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
the shadow always comes
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2024 12:11:26 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Few knew of this warehouse and its purpose and fewer still would interrupt one of these sessions, so when the Lucario dodges nimbly enough to allow a human in, he's taken a bit back.
[Break][break]
From the corner of his eyes cerulean orbs sharpen into pinpricks, zeroing in on a Lucario that chooses to simply fold its arms and watch.[break][break]

His attention shifts back to Freya, knuckles throbbing from his strike. It was a stark reminder to the power that courses through her veins.[break][break]

With a voice like glass crumbling he says, "Why not?"[break][break]
A testing left hook.

notes

[break][break]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,191 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the shadow always comes
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2024 16:57:37 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her bones rattle. the strike sends a pain down her forearm, but she grimaces past it, taking the pain, reminding her that she is still human. she does not feel the blunt edges, the ripples in the wake of his contact. her skin stays pale and fair, infinity energy still coiled in her belly, not yet spread to the rest of her.

his fist comes near her and she turns her head, stepping in, knowing it'll still hit her shoulder anyway, but at least he won't glance her face. her elbow comes up to throw him off balance, palm extending to strike his chest. 

"you've been out here for a while, haven't you?" she observes. 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,479 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
the shadow always comes
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2024 21:01:45 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Her shoulder gives just enough to tell him that her newfound edge was still in its infancy. The strike to his chest forces a grunt to rise, the sharp edges of her elbow grating both flesh and bone. He staggers a step, then two
[break][break]
"Not ta long," he says, but the sweat that coats his skin and clothes tell a different story. His breath was ragged and a cup of noodles sits in a nearby corner along with a few other items poking out of a convenience store bag.
[break][break]
He presses the advantage of his size and strength, fist lancing out to the same spot of her shoulder he'd struck only moments before.

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,191 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the shadow always comes
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2024 0:14:18 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

alarm flashes in her eyes when he takes a step and another. training with him, training in general, has toned her physique and made her lean, but she's never had brute strength on her side. uncertainty falls like a blanket over her, too slow on the sidestep this time around. 

"don't lie to me," she says, but the playful edge turns into a hissing bite when he hits her dead-on. she turns her opposite shoulder clumsily away from him, one step back herself, and shakes out her arm. 

"because you reek," she finishes with a wry smile. she flexes her fingers, takes a tentative step forward, and then lashes out, feinting to open his guard before lunging for his midsection. 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,479 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
the shadow always comes
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2024 13:02:31 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]She finds his guard infallible—physically and otherwise.
[Break][break]
With a burst of agility he slaps her strike down and away, choosing not to directly follow up if momentum carries her through and off-kilter.
[Break][break]
"Xen doesn't seem ta have a problem with my smell." He flashes a glance at the Lucario but he continues to show the same indifference.
[Break][break]
That agitates him for reasons he can't explain.
[Break][break]
He settles into another stance to face off against her once more. King's eyebrow rises, eyes searching for another opening, even as his question slips past tight lips.[break][break]
"Settle yer business then?"

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,191 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the shadow always comes
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2024 17:56:04 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she finds no purchase, palm and fist glanced away easily. her footwork is sloppy and distracted, but he doesn't make use of the opportunity, so she dances back, light on her feet, moving like air and feeling right and wrong at the same time.

he finds his opening and she turns, leaning into the thick muscle of his arm, swallowing pain to feel close. 

"she's - " she starts, panting, dancing around him as she finds more comfort in her movements. "she'll be okay. them? i don't know. i haven't...

"i needed to see you first."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,479 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
the shadow always comes
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2024 5:48:27 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Insight came more often on the backstep than not, or so he'd been able to gleam from years of fighting. Emotions, and their subsequen untanglement, were much the same.[break][break]Their dance becomes a slower tempo, neither really pushing for openings or an advantage. King shrugs, rolling his neck once.
[Break][break]"Well, 'er I am."

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,191 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the shadow always comes
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2024 16:23:23 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

and so he is, sparring for hours on end to work the frustrations and stress from his body, willing it to reach his mind. but it's always been a futile thing, a means of running while pretending he's not. she knows.

just as she knows where he's going to move next. she waits, prowling, exchanging a back and forth before she tries to slip back into his guard.

"you kept the binder," she says breathlessly, and quickly, earnestly, "nothing's changed. not with that."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,479 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
the shadow always comes
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 3:29:08 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Sweat slicked skin meets her strike and he grunts, but braces himself against it, leveraging his weight and power against her own. For once, he's not entirely sure he'd win.
[break][break]
"I did, ye."
[break][break]
He steals a glance at the binder against the wall. It's disheveled, contents strewn about or ripped, but clearly not out of anger, but instead something more.
[break][break]
"Lots ta catch up on, that."

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,191 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the shadow always comes
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 4:14:18 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

unstoppable force meets immovable object. her arms twinge, sore already, but where he'd normally be able to shove her off, she manages to hold her ground. it's not without focus, without every bit of her seizing up to push against him, but she manages. 

and when his attention diverts, she follows his gaze, relaxing a smidge, sending them spinning.

you can't say no. i can't lose you now.

her hand lashes out for his bicep, the other to his waist, her intent a different battlefield altogether. if she can have her way, she'd contort herself against him to roughly find his lips, stench and exhaustion be damned.
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,479 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
the shadow always comes
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 4:47:55 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]He doesn't catch entirely onto her intent at first, but as realization dawns, he relaxes and allows her to come sweeping in.[break][break]When he kisses her it's a reflection of the passion and burning emotion that itches for freedom beneath the uncertain apathy.[break][break]
When they pull away he's panting and.. was his lip bleeding?[break][break]"Wasn't expectin' that, I tell ye true. What's the occasion?"

notes

[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,191 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
the shadow always comes
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 5:25:33 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he wants her and she needs him and though her kissing is all teeth, hands grasping with restless frustrations, there is a comfort that grounds her. golden eyes crack back open when they drift apart and she licks her lips, tasting salt and iron.

"i want you to say yes," she says.

her hands raise again in warning, advance slow to give him ample time to react, before she strikes with close punches. confidence twirls in her, giddiness stirs in her belly at the topic at hand, and a breeze, almost imperceptible, lifts her hair around her shoulders.

"or do you need a ring after all?"
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times