TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
not whole, not wholly separate [S]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2024 13:15:10 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

There's a heaviness in the air, like a palm pressed against his chest, a subtle pressure and a familiar weight. It's more humid than it usually is at this time of year.[break][break]
Determined steps carry him into the sanctuary, a path he's walked a hundred times now. Glossy, multi-colored layers of stone tell the storied history of the centuries, the erosion that opened the earth to the sea. They embrace like lovers now, waves crashing against the cliffside, an affair so powerful that, on occasion, it births entire islands.[break][break]
He knows the way through the passages, emerges into the grassy expanse, sweat beading along his brow. Here, he will wait for her, listening to the sounds of low growls and archaic grumbles, the symphony of draconic retribution.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".calebtest8"]--accent:#3ad1e1;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2024 13:39:39 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she is already there. rarely is she not there now. ever since the penitentiary, she avoids her four walls like the plague, taking meetings amidst the snarling mass of dragons or within the expanse of the league's training facility, a bow or a sword in her hands. 

the sky still beckons. she ignores the calling, even though the ache has grown nigh unbearable. 

"caleb," she greets. aeris is at her side today, lyune nowhere to be seen. 
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2024 15:53:50 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

It's a pinched-nerve greeting, a part of her mind clearly elsewhere, but when is she not being pulled between multiple priorities? He wonders if there's anyone on earth who's seen her whole.[break][break]
"Freya."[break][break]
He recognizes the Dragonair, elegantly coiled, and though it is not necessarily strange for Lyune to be missing, Caleb cannot help but feel a pang of disappointment at his absence.[break][break]
"Hey, before we start - there's something I want to ask you about."[break][break]
He assumes it will be the usual lessons, of body and mind. He'll spar a dragon, maybe even spar her, and then she'll teach him more of the language. It's a comfortable routine now, one of the few things he looks forward to on a regular basis.[break][break]
"If I wanted to find a dragon. Er, two dragons. Really powerful ones that don't necessarily want to be found. Where would I look?"[break][break]
He doesn't speak their names, cheeks reddening, a sudden self-conscious tightening of his chest. His heart beats to the rhythm of unworthiness, but looking for them is the least he can do. For Hoenn.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2024 22:52:10 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she means to ask him to follow her. they'll get to the heart of their activities for the day, as they do every week, with snarling language interspersed between the clanging of metal on scales and metal on metal. but before that is a token of her loyalty, a test of his own devotion. 

it had been easier, surprisingly, with . she'd known as soon as the clutch was lain that one of them would end up in his care, but the other took time. at first, she debated raising it on her own, but she doesn't have the time needed for such devotion. 

there are few others she'd trust with something so important, something so intrinsically meaningful to her. 

but when he stops her and asks his question, she pauses, raises a brow at the redness on his face. it doesn't take much to put together the dragons he's asking about. 

"they've been spotted around the mirage islands," she says carefully. "but i - we - don't think they want to be found."

or they'd have come forward for us. 
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2024 3:03:07 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

He's not sure what he expects - for her to laugh in his face? - but it isn't a location.[break][break]
A spark ignites, excitement sending a jolt of adrenaline through his weary bones. She's given him a lead - a direction - and that's more than 's abandoned warehouse had been able to provide.[break][break]
But, in the very same breath, she confirms his assumption about their enigmatic absence, which dampens the revelation - but only by a little.[break][break]
"Maybe they need our help," he tries, desperately watering the seeds of hope she's planted in his heart. "Isn't that how it works sometimes? With legendary Pokemon?" He's no scientific researcher, but he knows enough about the Avatar bond to understand that it goes both ways: the giving and the taking.[break][break]
He runs a hand through his hair, tries not to look as childish as he feels. He knows this is foolish: their region is on the brink of war, and galavanting off in search of elusive myths isn't exactly a responsible use of any Ranger's time.[break][break]
Unless it works, he thinks, stubborn. Unless I can convince them to fight for us, against Rocket. Against Zev.[break][break]
"I'll never be the man Angelo was," he admits, quieter this time. Reverence mixed with sorrow, the unfinished kind: a nagging lack of closure. "But somebody ought to try, right? Try and convince them to come back."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2024 19:01:06 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she recognizes that look in his eyes. it's different than hers was, not warped with self-desperation and a need to obliterate his body in unholy sacrament. yet it leaves a bad taste on her tongue, a hesitance to give anything more away. 

pulled in a dozen different directions, war looming closer, a calendar full of strategy meetings and paperwork, hours folded in on each other. she has no time to accompany him, no time to keep him from straying into darker territories. 

"not this time," she says. both of them knew what angelo fought for, and knew he'd allied himself with the league. no ill will had been left with them upon his departure, except perhaps the mourning of their chosen hanging up the mantle. 

"there are other ways, caleb, to be strong. avatarship, if that's what you're...it's not the end all, be all." she knows that better than anyone. she fought wo-chien and tapu fini and their chosen and she almost won

but the breeze dances around her and clouds roll over the sky. golds flicker upward, mouth quirking in irritation, her expression only barely hinting at the fear she feels. come, calls the sky, and she draws her shoulders up as shade stretches over them. 

"i wanted to give you something, before we started." she turns on her heels, expecting him to follow. 

the lift on the far side of the draciary takes them to the nesting caves up high. the caves for the salamence. her mouth is set and her glare is affixed upwards, willing the clouds not to drench them with rain. a drop spatters on her nose. 

"lyune sired a clutch," she says as the lift rattles to a stop and she steps out onto the rocky ledge, at ease despite the thin path and sheer drop several dozen feet to their right. 
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2024 21:21:31 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Avatarship? He blinks owlishly, confused.[break][break]
Then he laughs, as the misunderstanding becomes obvious.[break][break]
"Not me," he explains, and though his voice is quiet, there is such conviction in those two words it is like slamming an iron door. Never me. "I just want their help. They can bond with the worthy, if it pleases them." He shrugs. The whims and wants of Gods have never been his to witness, or understand. "But the League would be stronger with them on our side. That's all."[break][break]
It's not all. He leaves out the burden of needing to kill . He leaves out the gaping hole in his heart where 's wry laughter had been. He leaves out the unmoored sense of having been a king, once - the responsibility of abandoned leadership weighing heavy on his soul.[break][break]
But she moves on, and so does he.[break][break]
As he follows, he realizes she's taking him to an entirely new section of the draciary, one he hasn't visited yet. The air thins as they rise, his thighs aching with every step, the wind wet with petrichor. He looks out at the clouds gathering as if in convocation, and the vastness of sky over sea stops his breath for half-a-second. And then she's saying something to him - something about a gift.[break][break]
Something about Lyune.[break][break]
"He - he did?" Caleb fumbles. A clutch. That meant eggs?[break][break]
"Is he - er, how's he doing?" A stupid question - Lyune wouldn't have been the one to lay them, as the male. Caleb shakes his head as if to clear it, then tries again. "I mean, did everything go well? I have no idea how this sort of thing works. Has he sired children before?"

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2024 0:36:36 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

they would be stronger, and it's why she does not dissuade him from the quest. 

freya walks neatly along the drop's edge, one boot in front of the other, hands clasped at her back. the breeze tickles her sides, tugging at her hair. testing her, teasing her, beckoning her with the learned patience of a millennia. 

"they're not called children," she says with a laugh. "and yes, he's sired before. ori is one of his offspring. the rest died with my parents on the warfront."

her voice is factual. lyune does not mourn them as a human would. even now, he sleeps at the back of the cave, tired after the last of his hunts for the two surviving hatchlings. copper stains the inside of the cave. broken bits of egg lay scattered about. 

a single bagon hisses from behind a rock, wary of the newcomers. 

"her brother is already with my cousin."

lyune's eyes glow in the dark.

"i want you to take her."
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2024 15:35:11 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Caleb meets those eyes, twin flames of ancient judgement. A staring contest ensues, until the Ranger dips his head and lowers his gaze, in deference to the Salamence. A small smile tugs at the corners of his mouth, as fondness for a friend mingles with the respect owed an elder.[break][break]
But then his eyes flick back up, wide with shock. He doesn't look at Lyune this time, but at Freya.[break][break]
"Me?" He echoes, astonished.[break][break]
The Bagon finds her courage, peeks her head out from behind the rock. Curiosity wars with suspicion as she glares in Caleb's direction.[break][break]
He doesn't wait for Freya's confirmation. He moves slowly, crouching down a few feet from the hatchling's hiding place. He does not offer a gentle hand; he's interacted with enough dragons by now to know that shows of strength, of indomitability, are what build trust.[break][break]
She might be small, but she has Lyune's legacy running through her veins: the blood of a veteran warrior.[break][break]
"Ava'yorn," he greets her, with authority. "I'm Caleb." He pauses. "What shall I call you?"[break][break]
She cocks her head - not in confusion, but in challenge. That's up to you, her expression seems to communicate. Another hiss, as if impatient. Go on, then.[break][break]
He thinks about this moment: what has brought him here, to this cave, to this sanctuary, to . All of the pain and suffering he's weathered to get here, the scars laced across his spirit, each and every brush with death a reminder: dying does not absolve a man of his sins, living does.[break][break]
He thinks about the Draconids, their history, the gift of their language, and he is overcome with a humble reverence for the privilege of being trusted with that knowledge: not as an outsider, but as an ally in the fight for their collective future.[break][break]
He thinks about - his brother - the way he refuses to ever give up, head held high in the face of impossible odds, unrelenting in his will to survive.[break][break]
"What is the Draconic word for...for continuing to exist, even after the world has tried its best to break you?" He asks Freya, softly. "How would I say, "to endure"?"

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2024 4:54:14 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

a bone crunches underfoot, its marrow sucked dry from gnashing teeth. freya keeps back, crouching low on the balls of her feet, watching with eyes that glow softly and reptilian in the dark. something stirs in her when caleb speaks her tongue.

golden cracks reverberate and she winces, cradling her temple. memories spill forth in snapshots - pieces of the other freya stitched together with pieces of herself.

she'd given lyune a part of herself too. 

the wind drifts under her limbs, calling, but she does not go to the mouth of the cave. she joins him, dipping fingers into memories, grasping the blade at her hip. the bagon does not move, does not flinch, as metal glints in the light. 

"ekess mavli," she whispers and her hand goes to caleb's wrist only it is not her hand. nor is it her mouth that chants: it is her mother's, it is her father's, and it is his, their, her legacy saying, "let her drink - blood of the tamer, blood of the tamed. ir mamiss, ir navnik, ir sugrart."

the blade presses to flesh, waiting to be fed.
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2024 21:46:11 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Something happens, then - something he won't be able to explain, later. Won't be able to accurately recall in words, only impressions.[break][break]
Freya (- daughter, sister, cousin, mother, lover, mentor, queen - ) slits his palm in one smooth motion - a shallow cut, ritualistic - and bright crimson blood pools around the wound, a reminder that it always hurts to become something new. And as she does this, channeling her ancestors, she speaks words Caleb does not know and does not need to know.[break][break]
Because he understands.[break][break]
Shakily, not with pain but with anticipation, he holds out his arm to the Bagon. She sniffs once, then pads forward, as if drawn to him by more than just the scent of blood. Ten (thousand years) seconds pass, and then she dips her head to his hand, her saliva stinging the wound.[break][break]
"Mavli," he repeats in a hoarse voice, as if he hasn't spoken in a very long time. "I am yours."[break][break]
Beady black eyes regard him, and he swears, it is as if the whole world is expanding, opening up to him like a flower in bloom. And all of a sudden, he wants nothing more than to protect this little dragon, not because she is weak but because he loves her.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2024 4:44:12 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

to endure is to suffer because you have a reason worth fighting for. to endure is to bleed. tiny white fangs are careful against flesh, tongue rasping at the shallow cut. some of it lingers on her lips, but she laps that away too with a flick, eyes dark. 

her own pupils warble at the sight, a monstrous keening in her spirit, made worse by the storm that's been gathering inside of her. 

mavli presses her silver head to caleb's palm and freya swallows, pain and pride vying for dominance on her face. eventually, when she trusts her words, she puts a hand on his shoulder and says, "and she is yours."
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2024 4:20:41 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

It doesn't seem right, to use a Pokeball, so he beckons to her, inviting her in. Mavli's mouth parts - hangs open in a childish smile - and she darts to him, sharp claws clinging to the fabric of his shirt as she scampers up his chest. Strong arms encircle the Bagon, and only then does he rise, legs stiff, to face Freya.[break][break]
And he is grinning like a fool.[break][break]
"Vin - " he tries. Emotions swell. Tries again. "Vinxa, Freya. She is a priceless gift."[break][break]
He'd come here looking for legends, a desperate man in search of an equalizer - a way to contend with monsters. And though he'd said, not me, the alchemy of Avatarship now seems a hollow dream compared to whatever this is (her breath on his neck, a possessive nosing under his chin).[break][break]
He glances at Lyune, and wonders, sheepishly, if he approves of the choice Freya has made.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2024 4:47:55 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

flashes skirt by. sounds of claws scraping against stone, teeth on hide, scale on flesh. she feels the water and fog on her skin and thunder peals in the near distance. COME, commanded with a gust of wind at the outcropping, snatching at her braids, her tunic. 

she steps closer to caleb, shoving aside the weight in her mind with thoughts of home, and of the little bagon clutched so tenaciously in the man's arms. 

and the god of dragons relents, for the moment.

lyune gathers himself, wings tucked tight to fit in the manmade cave, and chuffs a disappointed whorl of smoke at his trainer. his tail flicks with impatience, but he pauses long enough to regard caleb, to blink slowly, and then pass through. 

his claws grate against the mouth of the cave, sending pebbles raining below, and when half of his body has emerged, he slides his wings out and lifts into the sky. 

"you'll do well with her," she says as she backs against the wall and slides down. anxiety teethes at her insides. 
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2024 23:09:44 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Caleb and Lyune lock eyes, and he thinks did he read my mind?, but Caleb is not yet skilled enough at the body language of dragons to pick apart the meaning behind the veteran's advance. There is an air of restlessness to him, and it reminds Caleb of leaves turning over to prepare for rain. Mavli growls softly, breaking the silence.[break][break]
And then Lyune is gone, and Caleb is shifting back around to answer Freya, but he freezes when he sees her, gaze lowering to the floor.[break][break]
"Freya? Are you okay?"[break][break]
She deflates against the stone, and his knees groan as he crouches once more, brow creasing with worry. Her eyes seem distant, like she's looking right through him, and she's paler than usual: haunted, he thinks. Something's got her heart in its jaws.[break][break]
"What is it?"[break][break]
It's something. Something bigger than him, and certainly none of his business, but he's the only one here (save for her draconic kin) and so he stays put, glued in place, transfixed by her sudden crumpling as if it is something necessary to witness.[break][break]
Adjusting his grip on Mavli, he reaches out and rests a hand on her shoulder in what he hopes is a grounding gesture.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP