awards
3,167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
not whole, not wholly separate [S]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2024 19:19:34 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"yes, i'm fine," she rasps, more irritably than she intends. the tugging at her heart, the wisps of wind snatching at flame, all constants, rest now. and it leaves her shaky, realizing all at once how much she's been resisting. every waking moment has been spent holding fast the wall she'd erected to keep her patron out. 

mavli. her endurance is thinning. it won't be long until she's forced to answer, but that will come later. it will be in this very cave that her draconid kin comes to find her and to force her to take that which was bestowed upon her. 

she drapes her hand over caleb's, squeezes once, and then relaxes, tilting her chin back. 

"we'll be going to war soon," she murmurs. "your assignment is with me. you'll help me take back sootopolis." it's an order, not a request. she needs everyone she trusts to take back her home. 
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2024 21:34:57 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

He might have assumed her agitation has something to do with him, with his prying, but the gentle hand-squeeze reassures him of the contrary. He lets out a held breath.[break][break]
Take back Sootopolis. It's a lofty goal, a weighty ask. It will require sacrifice, and returning to a land that elicits only complicated, painful memories for Caleb. It was deep within Sootopolis that he had been held for three months, tortured and beaten and humiliated, and made to believe the League didn't care whether he lived or died. If not for another defector, he might still be enduring that hell.[break][break]
Why, one might ask, would a man like Caleb fight for a government that had abandoned him to such a dismal fate? He understands the practical reasons, but he also knows their biases, too.[break][break]
But isn't making this ask. Freya is.[break][break]
"I will liberate your home," he tells her, with conviction. "Or die trying."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".calebtest8"]--accent:#3ad1e1;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 23:57:32 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her moment of respite passes. talk of home, visions of violence, make the shared souls within her stir. memories trickle, stones removed from the dam, and she blinks open eyes that are tired, but that which are also hungry

my home, she wants to say, you would find it magnificent, but she does not trust her voice. she does not trust that her vocal cords can do much more than snarl with the sound of war. the pressure trembles behind her lip and every nerve in her body is tense, ready to bolt, to plunge into the storm clouds that gather outside. 

COME

his conviction startles her and she withdraws, memories tainted by curling pink wisps. her lip twitches, teeth exposed, and her golden gaze hardens as the reminder of her own humanity is grasped with an iron fist. 

"don't you dare make that promise," she seethes. "i won't have your blood on my hands."

it's not his fault. it's not fair. he's no idea what it means to her, to kneel before her and become the person she hated most. but still she shrugs off his hand and she gathers herself to her feet.
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 4:10:21 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Her words sting, like the wound across his palm. He flinches back from her even as she shrugs him away. Rejection tightens his chest, but the message sinks in. She's right to reprimand him. A martyr might win a battle, but would never win a war.[break][break]
"I - " he starts, but Mavli growls low in the back of her throat. On his behalf, or is this her own version of a scolding? Something settles over his spirit, then: a yearning.[break][break]
"I just want to help you," Caleb corrects, red-cheeked, making space for her to stand. "So I will. I'll fight, Freya. And I'll be smart about it."[break][break]
The line between life and death is a thin one, when you are marching to battle. She is asking him to do enough, but not too much. She is asking him to know when to retreat. He will have to figure it out on the fly, he thinks. But he's always been an adaptable man, capable of more than he's ever given himself credit for.[break][break]
"I won't throw away my life," he emphasizes. This one's a real promise. "If I'm going out, you'd best believe I'm taking my brother with me."[break][break]
He tries to smile, hopes it doesn't look more like a grimace. Mavli huffs.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 4:42:36 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

it's a rejection made for his own good, her way of tempering the steel he's asked her to forge. she will not mold him with pretty lies and be content with blind devotion. tapu fini offered her her mist once and she'd declined with good reason. she fingers fraying strands of hair in an unkempt braid and then tucks the woven locks back over her shoulder. 

"i just ask that you trust me," she says. "when the time comes, when i ask you to do the impossible, you remember this and you trust me."

she can't tell him more. she can't tell him that they're tracking the trajectory of kyogre, that they know its collision is inevitable; what choice do they have but to make a blessing out of a curse?

rayquaza couldn't put it down. groudon couldn't put it down. nothing will stand against it.

so they'll turn it against their enemies.

"enel ve," she repeats, wrapping their lesson in a few spare words. 
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 2:17:52 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Trust had brought him to her sanctuary for the very first time; trust had carried him towards Kyurem on the wings of Lyune's mercy. Trust will guide them to Sootopolis, and trust will tear flesh from bone if that's the price of liberation. Eyes wide open, teeth barred, heart full.[break][break]
What is trust if not a modality of love?[break][break]
Mavli sniffs the air, and he thinks, there's a storm coming.[break][break]
"Enel wux," he answers, their ritual complete.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – SOCIAL[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,467 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 4:50:35 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven