Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
swordplay [m]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 20:35:21 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Ameena hadn't met Mr. Wright yet, but she was prepared for him in the training room. Her Sir Fetch'd needed to run some drills, and it was objectively efficient to contribute to the training of a colleague's team at the same time. Besides, there were many Rockets she had yet to meet. She had been pleasantly surprised with the different skillsets of her esoteric teammates. Whatever Mr. Wright's secret skillset was, she was looking forward to seeing it. [break][break]

"Stop stabbing the floor," she instructed Sir Fetch'd, who was very interested in stabbing something or someone before the sun set. [break][break]

Ameena hoped he had a weapon-wielding pokemon like a Tinkaton for an interesting spar.

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena"]--accent:#EF59D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

King

Doc
he/him
forty-five
August 22
Dewford City
pansexual
engineer
Grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
200 posts
Yuan Wright DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wright
Yuan Wright
swordplay [m]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2024 20:43:28 GMT
Yuan Wright Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","leprowright1"] -----

[break]
[attr="class","leprowright"]

Yuan was groaning at the idea of being in the training rooms again. He's only been here two weeks and already this was his SECOND visit! How atrocious, and his expression easily matched his feelings of being there. "Sorry for the tardiness," he wasn't, "This whole thing just isn't my cup of tea but whatever good luck yada yada, and all that fun jazz"[break][break]

With that he calls out his Mr. Rime, the mime pokemon looking around and takes note of where they were at before looking back to Wright and shrugging his shoulders essentially asking 'bro wtf?' To which Yuan could only shrug back.

[break][break]

[attr="class","leprowright1"]

[break][break]

+
Mission: intrepid sword

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Hammersmith One]
[newclass=.leprowright]background-color:rgba(35,35,35,1);padding:20px;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprowright i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprowright b]font:10px Hammersmith One;color:#4e5974;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprowright a]color:#84c5d0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprowright1]margin:-14px 0px -9px 0px;background-color:#4e5974;color:#2b2b2b;text-align:center;font:10px Oswald;padding:5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprowright1 a]font:10px Oswald;color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
swordplay [m]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2024 20:50:14 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Nothing could've prepared Ameena for the sight of a Mr. Rime for their training session. On one hand, she should've been more specific when asking for a weapon-wielding or horned pokemon for the spar. On the other, who in their right mind thought of a Mr. Rime when it came to any form of combat. She wanted to scold him, but she had to take ownership of her own lack of specificity. That, and there was a strange clench in her chest at the sight of a Galarian pokemon, a memento of home. [break][break]

"Okay," she said, steadying herself. "Show me how reactive your pokemon can be." She snapped her fingers. Sir Fetch'd charged forward and jabbed straight at Mr. Rime, self-assured of his own success.

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]

close tab

played by

King

Doc
he/him
forty-five
August 22
Dewford City
pansexual
engineer
Grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
200 posts
Yuan Wright DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wright
Yuan Wright
swordplay [m]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2024 20:55:17 GMT
Yuan Wright Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

The Mr.Rime seemed to panic as the Sir Fetch came for him. He looks back to wright and back to the duck. Wright and back to the duck, he panic and seemed to be unsure of what to do because he was not a fighting pokemon. Yuan trained him to be of service in the labs not this. "I don't know do something! Cane it!?" Yuan exclaims because he was as in just as much panic as his pokemon. [break][break]

The pair were not battlers clearly. [break][break]

But Mr. Rime does just that as it swings his cane to the side to clash with Sir Fetch's 'sword' to deflect it. That after doing so it was clear it didn't know what to do after so that's all they do. Though the gears click in both their heads of the cane would make due in place of a weapon.

[break][break]

[break][break]

+

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.leprowright]background-color:rgba(35,35,35,1);padding:20px;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprowright i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprowright1]margin:-14px 0px -9px 0px;background-color:#4e5974;color:#2b2b2b;text-align:center;font:10px Oswald;padding:5px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
swordplay [m]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2024 21:01:51 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Ameena brought her hand to her face as if contemplative, though it was to hide an inappropriate smile. For as much flak as she had received from Amor about her battle prowess, she had never been a magikarp out of water like this man. "Not a bad instinct," she observed. 'Caning' it would be Rime's only approach for a physical fight, anyhow. [break][break]

"But battling is more than responding. You must be quick." Sir Fetch'd struck at Mr. Rime's feet with a sweep of his sword. "And more than that, you must understand that to always be responding is to never initiate on your own. Combat is far more than defense or redirection or disabling." And the latter skills were a strongsuit for psychics, but even Ameena had had to practice offense more lately. "What move do you make?"

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

King

Doc
he/him
forty-five
August 22
Dewford City
pansexual
engineer
Grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
200 posts
Yuan Wright DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wright
Yuan Wright
swordplay [m]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2024 21:54:40 GMT
Yuan Wright Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Really? He was getting a lecture right now? HIM the DOCTOR!!??![break][break]

A comment he keeps to himself as while yes he knows he's a doctor wrapping his mind around pokemon battles was not something he was expecting to learn this late in life. He was an old dog unwilling to learn a new trick, and if the likes of underboss couldn't motivate him for battle did this little girl (he's completely ignoring their height difference) think she could?[break][break]

"Riiiiiight," is his only response to her 'teaching' as he takes a moment to think about what to do next. "I don't know Rimmy just do the thing," he tells it and Mr Rime just looks back insult and seems to gesture as if asking 'what fucking thing!?' because he also has no idea what the thing was at this point. "Just the thing! You know!" they both don't. [break][break]

Mr Rime just points his cane at the other and goes off with a DAZZLING GLEAM from it because sure, that was a thing.

[break][break]

[break][break]

+

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
swordplay [m]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2024 22:35:35 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

He's taking to battling like a Stakataka to flight. [break][break]

"Okay," she says again, rubbing at her forehead unsubtly. Sir Fetch'd rolls out of the way of the fairy attack. It's not bad, but it's not quite the easy sword combat she had planned. "What I mean is, you need to take charge of the battle. Put it on your terms. Stop forcing yourself to be reactive and be proactive instead." [break][break]

Not that Sir Fetch'd was going to just sit and take it. The feisty pokemon charges again with the blade pointed straight at Mr. Rime. "And maybe with some more specific direction," she recommends as a side note.

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

King

Doc
he/him
forty-five
August 22
Dewford City
pansexual
engineer
Grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
200 posts
Yuan Wright DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wright
Yuan Wright
swordplay [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2024 6:01:42 GMT
Yuan Wright Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

"Yeeeeeeeah that's usually the other person's job, not mine," he response back clearly not the most interested in learning all of this. His support should come as a last ditch effort, not the first. He doesn't even seem to care too much that their attacked missed. In a battle test like this there wasn't really urgency outside his lab assistant getting a few bruises which could easily be fixed. [break][break]

"The pokemon should be able to figure out the direction right?" he simply questions with a shrug because it was in most of their nature. Though Mr Rime seems to pout at his trainer for the comment, though now with his back to his opponent his only warning that the Sir Fetch'd was coming at him was Yuan's suddenly wide eyes and exclamation of "OH SHIT!" no direction, no warning, just a curse as the fighting type strikes the stab strikes his back and knocks the ice type forward, the comedian pokemon rolling forward like a ball before his body goes flat. [break][break]

Mr Rime hands goes up quickly in a 'i give up' fashion very quickly as he somehow attached a white flag to his cane and waves it. Wright has no idea where that came from but sentiments were the same. "Well lookie that you won, congrats," yay a shot battle should the other accept their forfeit.

[break][break]

[break][break]

+

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
swordplay [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2024 15:34:57 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

His attitude is not viable long-term. She understands having different areas of strength - hell, hers were firmly in a laboratory by her own admission - but defense was important for survival if nothing else. Did he have no survival instinct? [break][break]

A real part of her wants to attack him directly to see if that instinct hums in his blood, but she sheathes it for now. Scaring away or injuring Rockets would not help the collective cause when he could be shaped into something well-rounded. And, she admits begrudgingly to herself, she's charmed by Mr. Rime's antics in falling over dramatically. But he and Yuan both needed to be ready for war. [break][break]

"We will have to take this up again another time," she concedes. "If you are going to leave the fighting to your tools," she says sharply, "they had better be damn good ones." Mr. Rime's behavior is amusing, but it will not intimidate the enemy and dissuade them from a fight. "Needing to be defended by others in the coming war means you must be indispensable to be worth the added resource and effort; from what I see, you are not. Work on that, or the combat, but work on improving your value."[break][break]

She returns Sir Fetch'd to his ball. To soften her criticism, she adds, "I am not interested in burying more colleagues."

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

King

Doc
he/him
forty-five
August 22
Dewford City
pansexual
engineer
Grunt
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
200 posts
Yuan Wright DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wright
Yuan Wright
swordplay [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2024 23:25:24 GMT
Yuan Wright Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Both Yuan and Mr. Rime groan in the same fashion, there was near no difference in disgust in their expression when hearing that they had to try this again another time. When people mentioned that people and their pokemon reflect one another they clearly meant time like these. "Okay in my singular defense," because he did have at least one, "You said to bring something with a sword, and well that's the closes thing I got," he claims as he points to Rime's cane who was now in shock and seems to argue something but he goes ignored for now, he'll make it up to his assistant later. [break][break]

"Oi I may not be as high up as say the Head Scientist, but my contributions to the lab have been what has allowed me to survive in Rocket for as long as I have, going to take more than a little battle to get rid of me, and believe me people have tried," he defends himself before laughing it all off. He seems to pay no mind to her softer tone as this wasn't the place for getting close to others.

[break][break]

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Mission: intrepid sword

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,659 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
swordplay [m]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 4:58:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven