she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
Dreams Within Dreams (SSG)
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2024 3:38:36 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
"Where am I?" she asked herself, tapping her foot on the concrete and beginning to wander around this strange city. It was clearly like some of the capitals of regions she had visited before, but...it was oddly different. Maybe it was the way some buildings warped around or didn't look like they fit in reality.

A lone figure stood in the middle of a town square that stood before her. Lucia paused and debated about what she should do, though their clothing suggested that they had come from the same place they have. The child had slowly began to walk over towards the squatting person and trying to look down at whatever they were staring at.

"Excuse me," she said in a shaky voice, "D-Do you know where we are?"

But something would worm itself into the forefront of her mind. A sense of fuzziness that swarmed her brain. Lucia felt her thoughts just sort of melt while seeming confused about whatever she was doing. The child blinked while looking behind them as the mist rolled in.

"Huh? What's going on?" Lucia tilted her head. Wasn't this just a cool night? Where did all that mist come from?

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
3,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2024 17:15:43 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Dreams within Dreams

ft.

What's... going on?

He found himself in a city.

A familiar city.

He had wandered its streets freely for over a week, not long ago.

A paradise and a prison in equal measure; a safe space to retreat from the horrors of their waking hours, to regather their strength and will.

But he had escaped. They had all escaped.

He thought they had, at any rate. He crouched low, reaching up to grasp at his temples, squeezing them. He couldn't remember... what was it that he had been doing before...?

Had they actually escaped...? Had he just dreamed it—

"Excuse me, d-do you know where we are?"

He blinked slowly, his gaze turning to look over his shoulder. A familiar pair of blue eyes stared back at him, lost and confused.

But after a moment, she just looked confused. He was not the only unsure of what was happening, it seemed...

"Lucy?" He said, mirroring in cocking his head. This felt... familiar. Nostalgic? No...

Deja vu?

"Uh. We're dreaming. I think?" He said simply, reaching over to scratch at the back of his head.

Perhaps he had dreamed up the escape after all.

TL;DR:
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2024 22:21:04 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar

Even as John continues to speak, you are overwhelmed with an echoing: "Lucy?"

The voice distorts more as it repeats, low in your ears, until the voice becomes that of your parents. Wherever you look, there is no determinable source of the sound. However you try to block it out, its haunting sound will find your ears.

The meek will inherit the earth... while you had heard Lucia fine, you keep hearing overlapping whispers of other youth: mentees and civilians and victims of war alike.

The only one easy to make out is - "You gotta take some responsibility for what you did." Removed of its context, the statement is not defanged by friendship. It replays here, in this memory, why?
close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2024 22:42:11 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Doug had called out to her again, as what had happened in the real world beforehand. Lucia was more than thrilled to hear it was him, but his call echoed again and again, soon growing deeper in tone as it swirled around her. The girl started to feel uneasy as it had begun to feel more and more familiar.

Then she heard it. The unsettling tone of disappointment and frustration that had brought terror upon her. Every time the voice spoke her name, she flinched. Her heart rate raced while she clutching her ears in some attempt to silence the voice.

”N-No! I ran away, I-I can't be…”

Lucia continued to panic, as the mists around the both of them had begun to merge the dream both people shared. The futuristic cityscape had began to warp at the seams, merging into the darkened Paldean streets that the child was backing away from Doug into.

”Please, stop!...I can't go back- I don't wanna go back. Throw me back in the cell, j-just not here!”

She was like a caged animal, desperate to prevent whatever was happening take her back home. Lucia clutched her head and just sprinted away, trying not to allow the voice of her parents inside of her head.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2024 23:15:36 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Dreams within Dreams

ft.

His brows furrowed as panic suddenly seized at his tiny mentee.

"Lucy?" He said once again, still crouched. "Are you ok—?"

His words died out in his mouth as his ears throbbed.

Words spoken by familiar and foreign voices both echoed in his head, making him hesitate as he reached for his temples. He couldn't quite... remember where he had...

Oh, whatever.

He was never one to worry too much— not when his kids were going through it right in front of him.

The whole dreamscape around them was changing, the by now familiar streets of the Megalopolis melting into the unfamiliar architecture of a land far, far away.

He wasn't super sure of where they were— but it was clear that wherever it was, it was extremely distressing to Lucia, and that was all that really mattered.

So much so, she ran away.

Thank god for her tiny little legs.

"Lucy, wait for me!" He shouted as he rose to his feet, sprinting (jogging, really) gently after her. "I ain't sending you back nowhere, kiddo! Please calm down!"

TL;DR:

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 20:14:52 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar

As you run, the world ahead of you morphs into something nightmarish. The ground cracks and hints of magma tickle the surface. The Megalopolan cityscape starts to shake and crumble. The skyscraper ahead of you threatens to fall - but you know, with that omniscient dream knowledge, that you will be safe of the falling chunk of building if you return to Doug and quit running ahead.

You must turn back. To continue running away is to promise ruin. Those words come to you so clearly you can see them written before your eyes, though they disappear as you blink.

As you pursue Lucia, you become aware of something at your peripheral. However, every time you to look, the colors are suddenly absent. When you give up trying to see it, the world around you floods with a soft pink.

You almost feel... more powerful, in this dream. Kind of like a lucid dream. The psychic terrain the fills the dream-city seems to overload it with energy. You feel as if you could bring the city to its knees with a blink, or save it instead.

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2024 5:22:59 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar

Lucia continued to ran frantically. She didn't have any idea where this scenery was in terms of a good place to hide, but anyplace away from here was good enough. When the scenery returned back into Megaopolis, she watched as the ground began to glow faintly of magma underneath her fleeing feet. John's question was ignored as she spied the cityscape becoming more fragile, and the tower look ready to collapse at any moment. She eventually came to a stop in a breathless mess.

"Ah-I'm sorry. Bad memories." she said, feeling some minor relief at Megaopolis as compared to the brief Paldean landscape.

Lucia looked up at her mentor again, her expression troubled. She wanted to tell him everything, just blabber on about how fucked up her life was, but she knew he wouldn't care. All she could do was to look troubled at him before finally speaking.

"What's going on? Are we still in the prison? Why is Paldea here?"

All questions that she was praying that Doug had the solution for, though none was likely. She hung around him still, trying to study around them for some kind of clue or answer.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2024 17:48:59 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Dreams within Dreams

ft.

Priorities. Doug was adept at handling his own, compartmentalizing different issues into their own little islands in his head so he could tackle them one at a time as needed.

There was something at the edge of his vision, tickling at his curiosity whilst he ran after Lucia— but priorities were priorities. And Lucia was the most important thing in that moment.

As the little girl came to a breathless stop, Doug quickly slid besides her on his knees, quite literally leveling with her. He would've hugged her— snatched her right off the ground even, what with the pavement looking seconds away from crumbling beneath them.

But he still recalled the first time he tried it.

It was best to simply be around, and let Lucy know that if she wanted or needed something, he was there to help.

"Yeah, it looked like it." He said, holding out his hand as he smiled at her. "Still; better for us to stick together when afraid, yeah?"

Where they still in prison? So she thought they had already escaped too...?

He cupped his chin thoughtfully, finger over his lips as he considered everything they knew.

Now that Lucia was close, however, priorities had shifted— and the frustrating flashes of familiar color at the corner of his eye wouldn't stop annoying him.

Oh, he had no questions for who it might be. He only knew of one pink menace that constantly tried to get under his ski—

Lele was supposed to be captured, though.

He looked around, rising back to his full height.

The city. It was a safe haven— right? It wasn't supposed to crumble.

He brought his gaze down, thinking hard, abandoning thoughts of Lele or the prison as he tried to remember.

"This..." He began to say to Lucy, brows furrowed.

Before he could however, the world was awash in a curtain of pink and magenta— an all too familiar hue to him.

The sensation that flooded him, too, was familiar, yet different from the usual.

The feeling of power always accompanied the release of his terrain— but this... it was in a completely different scale. It was not the subtle static flowing through his limbs, the reassurance that no injury would be too great.

It was overflowing sea breaking through a dam, making every nerve on his body seemingly stand on end. His terrain, usually of limited scope, had encompassed the whole of the city within its boundaries.

"Can I...?" He wondered to himself, now somehow aware of every structure within his reach, every crumbling piece.

Cautiously, like he reached out and grasped onto it— this was not flesh... but the very fabric of the dream, the mist... and began clumping things back into place, like a child playing with clay and legos.

"I— think we might be dreaming, Lucy." Doug said, eyes closed as the city began to revert, time seemingly looping backwards as falling towers and crumbling infrastructure moved back into its correct place.

TL;DR:

[/quote]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2024 17:35:31 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar

Something sharp sits at the base of your throat like a clump of thorns. You are choking.

Somehow, you understand the only thing that will dislodge it. You must confess. You must speak, and it can only be the truth.

THIS PROMPT CANNOT BE CHANGED BY THE UN.

The world bends to your will, mushy and pink and malleable. You have near omniscient power in this dream, but you cannot wake up. This feeling satiates something in you, however briefly. You do not think anything is wrong; rather, you feel something is finally right. You are undeniably powerful. The Megalopolan's forced dream is not a hinderance but a boon. This is your domain.

You are god-like.

What is your judgement?

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2024 23:09:10 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
The landscape before them was fragile, with buildings and skyscrapers filled to the brim with instabilities. The actual time they were in this weird, funky dream, everything had appeared resolute and firmly ground. To see it in a state like this was pretty disheartening. Where would all the megaopolans live in a place like this anyway?

But what was more surprising was how Doug had begun to slowly rewind the ages of time that had passed. Lucia stood beside the combat medic, floored at the sudden amount of power he could just have to rewind time so freely.

"Are you doing all this?"

She watched as pillars and concrete towers were slowly turned back in time to their original places. Glass shards reformed into planes and settled comfortable inside of their sockets. It was breathtaking to see, but was a good amount of evidence to suggest that they were, in fact, dreaming.

"I guess were are...But it feels so- Grk!"

A tightness wound around the child's neck, unseen. Lucia inhaled as much air as she could given the blockage and clutched her throat. Her noises were pained and struggling to breathe properly. Any attempts of coughing or clearing her throat weren't working, and she was slowly falling back down to her knees.

Lucia looked up with terrified, pained eyes that moved in erratic patterns.

A whisper flowed through her own ears, instructions on what to do to survive this ordeal.

She had to confess. To speak only the truth.

But she couldn't! All these secrets she had kept from not only Doug, but everybody! She had so much to keep away from people, to make sure that there wasn't anybody that could ever see her dirty laundry!

"Can't...breathe...""

If she died in the dream, would she then die in her sleep? Lucia didn't know. The restriction of air was gaining strength over time, a good enough deterrent from keeping things inside of her bright little mind. Her eyes focused on Doug while she reluctantly let the floodgates open.

"I-I'm sorry. I have to tell the truth." Lucia said before reluctantly let the floodgates open.

"M-My parents are Rocket members in Paldea, and they've been in since they were your age."

The thorns had stopped growing at least, but she still had felt the air escaping her.

"I have an older brother before he disappeared and put all the expectations on me. My first Pokemon was Hero, I wanted to get something like a cool Fuecoco but he found me first. I helped smuggle Pokemon to Team Rocket"

She coughed again, still choking. It wasn't good enough?! She gulped down any last thoughts of what Doug might have thought of her before she finally let out what she had been holding back.

tw:// abuse & its aftereffects
"If...If I didn't live up to my parents' expectations, they'd hit me. Dad would get frustrated that I didn't pass a class or didn't do as well as my brother and just lashed out. Sometimes it was slapping, but other times, he'd throw books, tablets, cups, anything he had at me."

"I had to learn how to apply make up to prevent anybody from finding out."

"Ah-I lost the qualifiers for the Blueberry Regional Trainer Cup. He kicked Hero while he was recovering, called him weak and I yelled. H...He put his hands on my throat and squeezed, all while telling me that I was worthless to him, and that I had better started to take things more seriously."

The thorns were slowly shrinking down again, signifying that she was being truthful, though they still were fastened tight.

"I ran away from Blueberry Academy a week after that by sneaking onto a fishing boat and hiding. We got to Slateport and I ran off as fast as I could. i don't know where I'm going or who I run into, that's why I don't trust the League. I'm homeless and sleep on a moldy mattress in the park where nobody can see me."

Lucia was crying again, tears slipping down her cheeks as her throat was slowly gaining some slack while she continued belting out truths to herself that she thought could help. Anything that she thought could rid this thing lodged inside of her throat.

"I'm responsible for everything. I'm not good enough for my parents, not good enough for the gyms..."

The choking feeling returned, but she continued on.

"I deserve everything bad that happens to me for being weak."

Tighter.

"My parents were right, and I should have been the one to go missing, not my brother..."

Even tighter...

"And I..." she coughed once, then continued. "I don't deserve to be happy."

Although lessened, Lucia could feel the airways struggled to keep from being closed. She wanted out, wanted to actually live through this ordeal./ Hands pawed at her neck for a rope that was not there.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2024 20:09:55 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Dreams within Dreams

ft.

He had guessed that Lucia was an escapee of sorts; had known team rocket had been involved somehow, so he was pretty much prepared for what he thought was the worst.

He had severly underestimated what the worst could be, however. Somehow, he continued to underestimate the cruelty of a dedicated rocket, even to their own family.

He didn't know what this whole godlike sensation nosense was about, but he had about enough of watching poor Lucy struggle.

He reached out slowly, grasping at the collar choking her out before it popped like a balloon, confetti raining around them as he then threw his arms around the girl, hugging her firmly.

"Disagreed. Your parents sound like horrible people to me. Not you." He said simply, patting her head. "Why... would you believe any of what happened is your fault?"

TL;DR:
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2024 16:26:26 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar

You become aware of one fact: you have the capacity to take that god-like power from Doug. You can change the world, your fate, everything. You need only take it.

Do you take it?

You feel the moment tipping. Something pulls at the back of your mind: gently, at first, then sharp.

You can hold the reigns tight and stay here, or you can let your mind be pulled in this new direction. It makes your stomach drop, the sensation of the pull, but you find yourself feeling floaty the longer you hold the reigns.
close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2024 4:15:10 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Once the collar popped itself from around her neck, Lucia gasped for precious air as confetti rained down upon them. Lucia clutched her throat while feeling her hands trace the area where the collar of thorns had been present, only for Doug to hug her again. While pained and hesitant, she did return the embrace this time.

His question burned itself inside of her mind. Why did she feel like everything bad that had happened was on her instead of them? It had been some time since she stopped to consider it. And yeah, it made sense. She was trying to get away from all of that. And no matter how much people told her, they just didn't understand.

"B-Because it just is!" Lucia said in a pathetic whine. "If I was a better trainer, my parents would...and my brother would still be here! B-But I wouldn't have met you and- I don't know! I'm sorry, okay?!"

She became cognizant of something with Doug. A kink in his armor that she could peer into and see just how he got his powers. In her little frantic fit, she despised herself for being a thorn in Doug's side for so long. He probably hated her, always crying and nagging.

"Ah-I'm sorry. I just need to be strong like you. Please don't hate me..."

Lucia tugged and sapped Doug of the newfound powers wholesale. The sudden feeling of pure power flowed through her smaller body as she felt all weird. Like vibrating, but she wasn't hurt or anything. In fact, she felt the best she had since she had left Paldea! With this new stolen abilities, she'd get started on what her goal was.

Lucia caused the buildings of Megaopolis to shrink, break, collapse in on itself and more. She was going to do whatever it took to construct the home she wanted most of all. Nothing else mattered in the long term, even if it meant destroying all of the city.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2024 1:57:17 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Dreams within Dreams

ft.

A child was a child— once convinced of something, it took monumental effort to make them change their mind. He knew as much from .

Ah well— he was nothing if not willing to be patient and wait at this point. As long as they had someone with them to reaffirm their worth, they would one way outgrow this...

"Wassup?" He asked, confused, as she suddenly...

Oh, well, damn.

"Woah." He said simply as he felt the... 'power'(?) get... dragged out of him? Syphoned?

He was most certainly being drained of the godlike force that had filled him before.

Still— his reaction was muted, looking as if he was more curious of how she was doing that than upset at how brief his stint at godhood had ended up being.

More worrisome was the fact that the city was beginning to disappear around them.

"Lucy, sweetie— what are we doing?" He asked, cautiously, as he looked around to the dwindling buildings and diminishing landscape.

This felt like something important.

... However.

Somehow, he felt... detached from it. Or rather, distracted— as if something was constantly at the edge of his mind, interrupting his line of thought insistently.

Stubborn to a fault— and refusing to ignore Lucia— he held stubbornly unto his reigns, waving off the sensation.

"No, but for real, Lucy— what's the goal here?"

TL;DR:

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2024 16:11:05 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar

You can change the world, your fate, everything... is this all that you desire? If you were no longer passive, no longer victim, no longer determined by those around you but by yourself instead... is this all you would choose?

For now, you have ascended to godhood. What you choose is what you are. What do you choose?

You remain grounded in the dream, choosing this reality over another. You indulge in it deeply, meaning you feel the loss of control all the more fully.

You get the inkling that you can take it back from Lucia if you can restrain her.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP