106 posts
NIKOLA SAMSA DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nikola
NIKOLA SAMSA
metamorphosis [M]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 3:16:58 GMT
NIKOLA SAMSA Avatar
this clandestine meeting can only be in one of the many buildings used as a front for team rocket's operations. it's easy enough for nikola to enter without having to disguise themself, since there are a number of ordinary office workers here. nobody thinks much of them as they pass through the halls, their head down and their pace quick. they slip into a meeting room off to the side and close the door behind them.

the person they're meeting is already within. nikola straightens up their glasses and takes a seat, leaning back casually in it. "thank you for this opportunity," they say, no warmth in their voice. "i expect you'll have questions for me. i have to prove myself, don't i? i don't exactly have any credentials at the moment." no, those have been gone for a long time. anything they owned in their old life has likely gone up in flames. they may even be presumed dead back home.

they lean forward now, steepling their fingers. "go on, shoot."

close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
126 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
metamorphosis [M]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 21:08:03 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar
Honestly, this was a job for someone else, she believed. But most of those someone elses were busy with the Spectra Trials and whatever else they were working on with the simulations. The more personable types were also more popular. So, they were busy already.

Not that she wasn’t busy, of course. But she could deal with this still. Shizue was still monitoring her latest experiment on her tablet while she waited, all the way until that stranger arrived. Only then she would put it away. The lab-coat wearing greenette did not bother to get up to greet this one, though. “Good day,” she simply started, eyes briefly scanning over the stranger.
Though if she found anything to approve or disapprove of, she did not show that at all. “No need to thank me. Someone else made that decision. I am just here to evaluate and introduce.” That being said, she pulled up the file again that she’d been given. It truly was not much. The other was not lying in that regard. But she had already prepared an itinerary at the end of it, which she was getting to next.

“First off, introductions. You can call me Murasaki. No need for pretenses. Second, I have some intel on you, but that doesn’t tell me much. So, please list the following: What do you know about what you are potentially getting yourself into here? What is your motivation? And what do you think you can offer to us?”

close tab

played by

newt

samsa, kafka, nika
they/them
august 26
slateport city
bisexual
researcher
associate
by the time i awoke, i had become a poisonous insect
awards
106 posts
NIKOLA SAMSA DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nikola
NIKOLA SAMSA
metamorphosis [M]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2024 19:43:50 GMT
NIKOLA SAMSA Avatar
the questions come quickly. they're not surprised; they're all pretty basic questions. "i understand well enough what sort of things rocket does," they respond bluntly. "i've helped to stop operations here and there, but that was when i was... someone different, you might say. i wouldn't say i'm a fan of all their methods, but i'm a scientist first and foremost. i believe science cannot be held back by trivial concerns such as ethics, or else it will never get anywhere. sacrifices have to be made sometimes." nikola has never believed in cruelty simply for the sake of cruelty. but for the sake of getting results, they're willing to get their hands dirty.

"as for what i have to offer you..." they drum their fingers on the table. "for several years, i worked in a lab that was dedicated to unlocking the potential for special powers in humans. i'd like to continue that work-- and i understand rocket is interested in that sort of thing as well. i can bring my expertise to the table, as long as rocket is willing to provide resources." they don't mention that the experiments never got anywhere significant. months ago they might have said it was futile, but now... knowing that avatars exist, they know it's possible. they're not going to give up, not yet.

"anything else?"

close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
awards
126 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
metamorphosis [M]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2024 20:35:07 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar
“Ah, I understand that all too well.” Shizue found herself reminded of that one league official that had all but tried to kill her some time ago because they could not grasp the simplest of truths. Progress was inevitable. Someone would innovate eventually. If ever there was a truth to unlock, someone would eventually do it, no matter what high-minded ethics might have been against it.

Hence, it was utterly pointless to try and adhere to such silly notions. They had no place in an enlightened world. However, Shizue did not say any more until the other was finished, mostly to not interrupt this lady. After all, she was coming to one of the more important parts on the checklist.

Expertise. It was something that only someone confident in their ability would bring to the table. It was not something one could fake, after all. If this person tried, they would be found out and probably suffer at least some kind of retribution for it.

“Rocket certainly would be interested in that. The broad concept of it at least. We can offer a suitable working environment and protection. Just as long as you are aware that you are offering your mind to the organization properly and for the foreseeable future.” After all, aside from high-ranking operatives, valuable scientists were among those least likely to ever leave. Or be allowed to leave. They simply could not be allowed to. And right then, this person still had a chance to disengage. Once she got in, that chance would vanish for good.

“That research of yours, can you give me a bit more detail on what that entails? From one curious scientist to another.”

close tab

played by

newt

samsa, kafka, nika
they/them
august 26
slateport city
bisexual
researcher
associate
awards
106 posts
NIKOLA SAMSA DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nikola
NIKOLA SAMSA
metamorphosis [M]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2024 16:36:29 GMT
NIKOLA SAMSA Avatar
"certainly." they don't intend to give it all away. after all, ideas can be stolen. if they give too much detail, they won't be necessary anymore. "the head researcher believed humans have the same potential as pokemon. we sought to unlock it by any means necessary. often this included gene therapy done on willing volunteers. we attempted other methods as well; putting humans in highly stressful environments, mutated viruses and diseases... and such." most of those who volunteered were already ill. they were given treatment in exchange for undergoing these procedures. those who died would have died of their original disease anyway.

nikola looks back at shizue. "in the end, we failed. but rocket has the missing link-- that is, they have avatars, people who have already unlocked this potential." back in orre, such a thing was only ever a wild rumor. "if it is possible to reverse engineer that process and create our own humans with special abilities... well, that's something we'll just have to find out for ourselves." what then? were they doing this so they could obtain said power? truth be told, they're not that interested. mostly, they just want to satisfy their curiosity and gain a better understanding of how both humans and pokemon work. they have no desire for power, only knowledge.

close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
awards
126 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
metamorphosis [M]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 21:08:54 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar
“I see. Though I will be forward right away. Getting to experiment on Rocket’s avatars is not exactly an easy endeavour.” Shizue definitely made it sound like she was speaking from experience. After all, she dealt in poisons and had to make sure that those would still work even on avatars. Yet, the latter kind was not exactly overly fond of, well, being poisoned. Though, of course, that was why she had chosen her words the way she had. Rocket’s avatars were mostly off-limits for experimentation. But if they captured league ones, well, things could probably be arranged.

Though, again, this person was probably pursuant of at least slightly more benign goals, so maybe it would work out. “That being said, Rocket would certainly be very interested in that kind pf procedure. Yet, I also want to make it clear that despite appearances, the organization is effectively at war. So, any and all of your findings will probably be filtered through the lens of usefulness in that area. I take it that you have no issues with that?” She figured the other would be fine with it. But assumptions could be faulty .Simply asking for confirmation now could probably save them some headaches later.

close tab

played by

newt

samsa, kafka, nika
they/them
august 26
slateport city
bisexual
researcher
associate
awards
106 posts
NIKOLA SAMSA DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nikola
NIKOLA SAMSA
metamorphosis [M]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2024 17:31:35 GMT
NIKOLA SAMSA Avatar
they cross their arms. "fine by me," they retort. they're not doing this for the greater good, or anything so idealistic. "as far as i'm concerned, this is a revenge match and little else. i will find a way to achieve results." then their suffering will not have been for nothing. all the tests, the needles and syringes and physical agony induced to try and unlock their 'hidden potential'... it will have meant something, and they'll no longer be the fool who was used and discarded like an old food wrapper.

they look at shizue, eyes serious under thick lenses. "once my work is completed, rocket can decide what to do with me. i have no problem with any of it."

close tab

played by

lime

Shizu, Theo
female
bi
chemist
grunt
44 height
44 height
awards
126 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime5
Shizue Murasaki
metamorphosis [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 15:20:19 GMT
Shizue Murasaki Avatar
Ah, so it was that kind of situation. No one in their field spoke lightly of revenge. Shizue, naturally, was a somewhat apathetic being, the kind that ultimately would not care too much about notions like those. Not even those that tried to kill her really deserved needing to have revenge enacted on them. It was a superfluous thing, as far as she was concerned.

But she also knew that those seeking it with passion were quite useful. This lady apparently only cared getting the results she wanted. She would be useful. As long as this person actually meant what she said. “That checks all the boxes, I reckon. Of course, words are rather cheap in that regard.” Saying that, she would reach into her lab coat and retrieve a small vial. The contents were sickeningly green, but otherwise a reasonably clean fluid. “Drink this. It is just a small test of your determination.” She did not elaborate any further. This was something she had designed herself, so she figured the other would not be able to discern at a glance what it was.

Though, if they drank it, she would find it pleasantly mint-flavoured.

close tab

played by

newt

samsa, kafka, nika
they/them
august 26
slateport city
bisexual
researcher
associate
awards
106 posts
NIKOLA SAMSA DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nikola
NIKOLA SAMSA
metamorphosis [M]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2024 23:21:49 GMT
NIKOLA SAMSA Avatar
nikola takes the vial and scrutinizes it. then they laugh bitterly; this would hardly be the first suspicious concoction they've downed in the name of science, and it likely wouldn't be the last. besides, while team rocket was shady and often up to no good, they had no reason to try and incapacitate or harm them via this method. as far as tests of resolve go, there were worse things to do.

they down the whole thing, expecting it to taste foul. instead the taste is... minty? what, are you trying to say my breath stinks? they wipe their mouth and raise an eyebrow at shizue, not phased. "is that all, then?" they're ready to be done with this.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP