part of
TAG WITH @nikola
NIKOLA CATELLUS
newt plots
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 17:17:17 GMT
NIKOLA CATELLUS Avatar
(they/them)
OR
a study in: losing oneself, a dog without a master, misplaced loyalty and affection
TAROT: the fool.

once the assistant to a bit of a mad scientist, nikola allowed the professor to experiment on them little by little. and little by little, after having their memories erased afterwards by a psychic pokemon, they lost their mind. now with only scattered memories of their life beforehand and a certainty the professor will return for them, nikola stumbles through the world trying to figure things out for themself. before the experiments they were cynical and untrusting; now they're pliable, gullible, kind-hearted and loyal.

looking for: people who will help them. people who will manipulate them. friends? enemies? guides? whoever.
(they/them)
OR
a study in: overcoming despair, shutting yourself off from the world, growing up
TAROT: justice.

sterling is a bit of an odd duck, preferring to stay inside and play as a trainer in games than to actually participate in real life. they're overcoming the tragic loss of a friend years ago and have only just started to poke their head out into reality again. they can be a little blunt, and shy, but they care about other people deep down. it might be difficult to get them to open up, and the best method is usually to engage them on their interests (video games, cartoons, and movies). one day they hope to become a pokemon ranger.

looking for: fellow geeks, characters in their age group, role models
(she/her)
OR
a study in: family expectations, mafia ties, bitter cold & the fires of hell
TAROT: death.

maki is part of the famous yukimura family. anyone who owns even a tiny bit of technology knows the name, as they produce anything ranging from computers to cars. she's been destined to become a part of rocket from a young age. underneath her kinder, friendlier demeanor is a glacier of apathy and cruelty. the only thing that matters more than rocket to her is her family, who she seeks to please at every possible interval.

looking for: fellow diehard rockets, superiors to impress, people that will fall for her act
(he/they)
OR
a study in: the spotlight, fake friends, and avoidance
TAROT: the star.

reese is a former contest star fallen on hard times. his old friends all turned on him, spreading rumors about him and putting his personal info online after reese became more famous than them. not able to stand it any longer, he fled to hoenn, where he no longer participates in contests and is just barely scraping by. even though they want to return to doing what they leave, they can't stand having that many eyes on them anymore...

looking for: people who know them from the internet, fellow contest geeks, friends
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,984 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
newt plots
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 2:25:09 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
x

I think these two have a lot of personality traits in common and would vibe well together! Josh went through a lot of the same hardships Nikola did with his work superiors, especially Callan and Matias. Want to do a Duo Wild or a simple mission together and see if a friendship between them could blossom? DM me on Discord!

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Ace Detective (HBIC Agent)
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for a SECOND that I am one of them.
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
newt plots
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 17:49:58 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
I wrote this once, but Proboards ate it. Thanks Proboards.

kelpie x nikola
She'd definitely use her for her own purposes. I could see her treating her like a mule or errand-runner. Ask her to do all the dirty work needed for her work. I don't think she'd harm her outright. Definitely manipulate her, however.

madd x nikola
I can see these two being friends. Maybe Madd saves her from some creep or they get assigned together on a mission? A trip to the Wilds or the RKS mission? They could just meet up at the bar.

nikita x nikola
I could see him offering to help her find the professor. Maybe she approaches him for help piecing her life back together? This kind of mystery is one he enjoys. Especially since it can end with a bullet in a nasty scientist's head (not that he told her that).

biscotti x asch
Biscotti is very susceptible to manipulation by pretty girls. I could see him being a fan of her music. Maybe they meet up somewhere and she just uses him? In an alley somewhere?

asch x kelpie
Two alpha bitches in the same room? Talk about fireworks. Maybe they can do RKS together?
close tab

played by

newt

vel, velma
she/her
november 6th
lilycove city
pansexual
rock star
grunt
you shouldn't have messed with me, cuz i heard that you're afraid of monsters
awards
48 posts
VELVET ASCH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @velvet
VELVET ASCH
newt plots
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 1:41:25 GMT
VELVET ASCH Avatar

i think something with nikita and nikola could be fun!! i don't think they'd seek out help right away (they're still very loyal to the professor and not... very aware something is wrong), but it's not hard to meet them and just immediately know something is off with them. it could be more of a gradual thing with various other factors at play before nikola kind of accepts they need help.

(their pronouns are they/them only, btw!)

and for velvet and biscotti, i think that would be fun to play with! i've been meaning to put up a wanted ad that includes just general existing characters to be fans of her work, so it'd be awesome for them to meet just casually and velvet to probably play up on that angle a bit and be EXTRA SUPER NICE (and manipulative)

let me know what you think!

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights