Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
into the unown [m]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2024 16:57:50 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She walked through headquarters with her unown trailing behind her. It garnered a few looks, but she wasn't sure if it was because unown were rare, because of its unusual color palette, or if people thought was watching her very closely and very obviously. It was no matter to her, but she was happy to make it to the laboratory she had agreed to meet Cillian at. [break][break]

"Good morning," she greeted pleasantly. She tried not to seem too excited. She hadn't seen him in his element before, and shadowification was a totally alien process to her. It was a lot like watching a master of their field hold a college lecture. Her unown drifted closer to Cillian curiously.

TAGS [break]

NOTES – canon connections[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena"]--accent:#EF59D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
into the unown [m]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2024 19:06:05 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian doesn't spend much time in Rocket's laboratories; most times, his experiments are conducted in his basement lab. Still, his rank as underboss and knowledge of his previous role as a scientist see him welcome here, if met with a few curious glances from passers-by.[break][break]

At last, the woman of the hour enters.[break][break]

"Morning," he returns, with a dip of his head. His attention shifts immediately to her trailing companion. "Is this the one?"[break][break]

There's an unsettling hunger in his eyes. An excitement he doesn't bother to conceal. A syringe filled with deep purple toxin rests on the table beside him.[break][break]

"This is from the same batch I used on my Decidueye. I'm confident in its potency, though the Pokemon itself is always an important factor."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
into the unown [m]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2024 19:49:53 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

"The one and only," she responds. The Unown drifts between them, clearly taking everything in. Ameena hoped its gaze would feel less heavy under the weight of shadow. She did her best not to let it out too often. And she had little idea as to whether or not it actively reported to Nomi or if only her own Unown served her. To Ameena's knowledge, this was the only case of Avatarship or a pseudo-Avatarship that had multiple separate entities - beyond Elisabeth's, though those were contained inside her in a way Nomi's weren't. [break][break]

The syringe enticed her. "As my only Unown, I cannot parse how much more susceptible it may be to these effects than any other, but I think the benefits outweigh the risks." Who knew what could be gathered from it? "I hope its current unusual state, the rare palette, is a mark in our favor in regards to exceptionality."

TAGS [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
into the unown [m]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2024 21:51:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Does the Unown sense the danger it's in, like Absol might sense an impending disaster? Or was the all-seeing eye blind to the fate that would soon befall it?[break][break]

Would this one report to Nomi if it survived, or would the shadow bend to Cillian's will over hers?[break][break]

He picks up the syringe and turns it in scarred fingers.[break][break]

"I can't speak to whether these so-called 'shiny' Pokémon are more or less susceptible, though a few of my shadows were such oddities before the change. Not that you can tell, now."[break][break]

His Tyranitar was slate grey instead of its unusual yellow, though his Aerodactyl still resembled its former self but for the obsidian spikes.[break][break]

"When you're ready, then."[break][break]

He taps the syringe, impatient.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
into the unown [m]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2024 21:58:27 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Interesting. She wonders if they can obtain a high enough quantity of duplicate pokemon of shiny and regular palette to test her theory. She knows the concoction he has is a limited supply, but there are many methods to rebirth a pokemon in shadow, and she's rather curious to see how they all shake out. Not enough to sacrifice her own research for it, but enough to be willing to contribute. [break][break]

She holds a hand out between them. Her Unown flutters over to it, unafraid. Her fingers fold over it firmly, but she won't tighten her grip until he's committed to stabbing it. [break][break]

"Roll the dice," she responds with a tone in the dead man's land between polite and evil scientist. She urges herself not to blink, as she wants to take it all in.

TAGS [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
into the unown [m]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2024 23:11:15 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

As Ameena's fingers wrap around the Unown, pinning it in place, Cillian's stoic demeanour fully subsides in favour of wild-eyed anticipation. He would never tire of the process, no matter how much was sacrificed in its pursuit.[break][break]

He moves quicker than humanly possible, the SHADOW MIASMA curling around his arm as he reaches for their test subject. There is no hesitation in the way he inserts the syringe as deep as it will go and pushes the plunger, vile poison draining from the tube into the Unown's... did they have veins?[break][break]

Whatever its body was composed of, the poison would take root. Find purchase.[break][break]

Change.[break][break]

And every second of it would be pure agony.[break][break]

"Keep hold of it," he instructs Ameena steadily. "I will assist, should it grow difficult to control."[break][break]

His shadow shifts threateningly.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
into the unown [m]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2024 23:32:51 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She contains her flinch at his blur-fast movement only because of her belief that he would not have waited so long to kill her if he wished her dead. Still, she breathes with relief as the syringe finds purchase in the Unown and not herself. She cannot imagine the consequences of such toxins in a person. While she has no evidence of it, she is confident it is not a serum like this that bathed Cillian so thoroughly in shadow. [break][break]

The Unown, at first, does not seem to react to the plunge of shadow toxin. She thinks, for a moment, that it will take the shadow serum without trouble at all - or more unfortunately, die in her hand instantly. [break][break]

Neither happens. It jerks aggressively, not quite making a sound but still articulating agony in its mannerisms. One hand was a mistake; it escapes for a fleeting second before she brings both hands to clasp at its 'head,' covering its eye. "What a fighter," she grits out as she struggles to contain it. Apparently, it had a fleeing instinct. But such instinct would not save it from the nature-defying process it was undergoing. [break][break]

TAGS [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
into the unown [m]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2024 21:47:16 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian watches with interest as the Unown struggles.[break][break]

"Good," he purrs, lips twisted in a terrible smile. "That's good. The fighters usually have a higher chance."[break][break]

But it wasn't infallible. He'd lost many to his experiments whose strengths would've been commendable. Had to source many of them himself, lest Rocket accuse him of wasting perfectly good fodder.[break][break]

It slips from Ameena's grasp momentarily. Cillian moves quick, the lashing tendrils of a SHADOW HOLD curling around the A's center to anchor it, making it easier for Ameena to keep her grip.[break][break]

"Many would have perished already. This is excellent."[break][break]

He leans forward, the smile widening.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
into the unown [m]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2024 22:00:11 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She might have underestimated his sadism. [break][break]

Or maybe that was an unfair assessment. There was something of his interest that was pure scientific joy, she knew it well. She held the Unown closer after his quick capture of it, and she did her best not to imagine what it felt like to undergo the process. "How... how will we know when it-?" [break][break]

The blue palette seems to flush darker as it nearly vibrates in her hands. [break][break]

Somehow, the process seems intimate. Forbidden. Like she's taken an apple from a garden under God's watchful eye. She looks at the Unown's own watchful eye and wonders what it sees right now. How fundamental is this change? Will Unown be recognizable by its own? Will they know it is touched, cursed, tainted?

TAGS [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
into the unown [m]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2024 23:51:30 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian's heart thunders in his chest, his stomach filled with butterfly wings. He has witnessed this process many times, but rarely did it get so far as this. Perhaps one day it might lose its luster, when the formula was perfected and plentiful, but for now...[break][break]

Ameena's question sees his attention snap to her.[break][break]

"If it dies." But that was obvious enough. She was asking how they'd know when the process was complete. The underboss shakes his head. "There's no perfect answer. But it's already adapting - look!"[break][break]

He gestures with excitement as the blue Unown flushes dark with corruption. Cillian tilts his head, then smiles and flicks his wrist to retract the SHADOW HOLD.[break][break]

It wouldn't attack him. Cillian was confident in that. But how might it react to Ameena?

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
into the unown [m]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2024 15:22:05 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

His excitement was contagious. She was pleased to see how well the shadow was overtaking the Unown and darkening its hues. The Unown had struggled at first, but it finally seemed to have calmed in his shadow hold. "Brilliant."[break][break]

After its previous outburst, she was sure the Unown had fully taken to the shadow. It seemed to emanate a dark energy on its own, though she had yet to assess its vision and behaviors for herself. She had little interest in what divinity or proximity to it that it might have had (which might be compromised by its shadow status), but she did want it to function as an extra set of eyes. She hoped it would be just as powerful as Cillian's own shadow pokemon and wouldn't be hindered. [break][break]

She got her answer as she stepped closer to it, and it lashed out, trying to strike her eye with a lightning-fast spike of shadow.

TAGS [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
into the unown [m]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2024 19:54:08 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Time seems to slow in the breadth of excitement that follows the Unown's transformation, both scientists staring at it with wonder and delight.[break][break]

Then it lashes out, lightning-quick.[break][break]

"Whoa!"[break][break]

Cillian moves with the speed granted by his SHADOW MIASMA, jerking his hand in a sharp upward motion that causes the spikes of a SHADOW RAVE to erupt between Ameena and her Pokemon's wrathful strike.[break][break]

But would it be fast enough?

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
into the unown [m]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 15:26:53 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Cillian's wave of shadow protects her, narrowly, against the Unown's assault. Her training keeps her from freezing, but a sick pit grows in her stomach. She'd nearly lost an eye to it. [break][break]

"Arceus. Is it always going to behave aggressively or will it calm with time?" She had the wrong idea about shadows from watching Cillian with his. The pokemon under his care seemed far more satiated, but she should have considered that his own shadow-y presence would be more comforting than anything she could offer her own. [break][break]

She took a step back, gathering her thoughts. Despite the outburst, the Unown seemed calmer again. She wouldn't be lulled into a false sense of security twice, though. "Well," she said flatly, "it is not dead." She would not have mourned its loss if it had, given the attack, but it was beneath her to cry over spilled milk. "Is it too early to call this a success?" [break][break]

Would it need further monitoring? Would she need to keep it on a short lead? There were lots of new factors introduced to her now, in owning a shadow pokemon. Despite the trouble, she did feel a blooming sense of pride. Another success for Cillian's books, and a fruitful collaboration for hers.

TAGS [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
into the unown [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 9:45:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Heart racing more with excitement than alarm, Cillian takes a moment to collect himself before he can offer Ameena a proper response. His eyes are shining as they shift to her.[break][break]

"Oh, no. This is certainly a success."[break][break]

The Unown had proven its resilience and strength with that attack, and he recognizes the corruption within it. They could convene with Lugia to be sure, test Cillian's powers of persuasion in his patron's presence, but he feels no need as they observe their subject.[break][break]

But Ameena had questions. He had answers.[break][break]

"As to its temperament, that depends on you, I'd think. Shadow Pokemon trend toward aggression and violence, and most of them are calmer so long as they have an outlet for it. Preferably, that outlet isn't you." His lip twitches. "Teach it to respect you, and it will not make the mistake of crossing you. That's what I did, at least, before-"[break][break]

He wiggles his fingers, MIASMA threading through them.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
into the unown [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 15:57:02 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

A success. She sighed with relief. "One for the books." The shadow army grew. [break][break]

His excitement was contagious. The glint in his eye was not unlike... "You are like your sister. I can see it now, when you are in your element." But no scientist could be faulted for the relief and the exhilaration of an experiment coming to fruition. [break][break]

"I do not think this," she gestured to his miasma, "is in the cards for me, so I will have to settle for home training. But I look forward to seeing what it can do." Of course, she had her fill in sudden violence from her own pokemon, so she couldn't see herself bothering with any further. [break][break]

The pokemon unable to shed their toxic chains were of greater interest to her. "If I get my hands on any other candidates, or any shadow pokemon outright, you are welcome to them. I think Unown will suffice for my purposes."[break][break]

"I am curious to see if shadow pokemon can influence my dream experiments." She tried to manage her glee.

TAGS [break]

[attr="class","credit"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP